Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

User Manual Comments (Read, Split)

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Tue May 16, 2006 8:53 am

Tons.

Have you already included everything that everyone has suggest on the site?

Have you included names in this manual of people that can be contacted for further explanation?

What kind of suggestions are you looking for - content, the way it will be...crap, what's the word - how it will look visually [--; I hate it when I forget what I'm trying to say!]?

Are you going to be including everything basic or will this also be a guide for experienced RPers to further their RPing skills?

So far as GWing goes, are you asking for suggestions on how it should be viewed by new members or how to make the site less confusing or how to participate?

So in this user manual, is it specifically to say when it's appropriate to RP and where in GWing to RP or is it more than that? [I know I said this question before, but it helps to reiterate.]

I'll help wherever I can. ^ ^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue May 16, 2006 10:15 am

My thoughts on getting started:

1. Read - There is alot of material that exists already on the forum. People have put extensive time and effort into the stories that their characters have gone through. Atleast, try and familiarize yourself with certain major events that have taken place.

2. Mobile Suits - Not everyone needs a custom mobile suit. Not everyone needs a super powerful Gundam that can destroy everything in sight. For one, custom mobile suits in any Gundam universe is a rarity (well...maybe not G....but that's a whole other matter), and two...uber powerful Gundam units aren't fair to other players.

-

That's all I can think of for now real quick, will think of others later.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue May 16, 2006 11:51 am

Have you already included everything that everyone has suggest on the site?

What do you mean?

Have you included names in this manual of people that can be contacted for further explanation?

Yeah, I'm making a list of people willing to help others.

What kind of suggestions are you looking for - content, the way it will be...crap, what's the word - how it will look visually?

Content.

Are you going to be including everything basic or will this also be a guide for experienced RPers to further their RPing skills?

Initially, it'll be for basic things. Later on, I'll expand the sections into more advanced techniques, particular to literature and creating memorable characters.

So far as GWing goes, are you asking for suggestions on how it should be viewed by new members or how to make the site less confusing or how to participate?

I suppose the best way to describe it now would be a "Getting Started" guide. For people who have never heard of roleplay in their lives.
Last edited by Remæus on Thu May 18, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Tue May 16, 2006 3:09 pm

Cool. I'd say link up to a well-rounded site that already has the basics of general RP (less work for you) and then you can go into specifics of what this site already has set down (itallics, bold, so on about actions and speaking). I've seen, scattered about this forum, hints and suggestions for how to RP. I was just asking if you were going to take those down and put them into your manual. Cool idea btw. So are you gonna name it: Getting Started - The Ultimate RPing Guide or something? ^_^

I also agree with FutureKiyoshi - good ideas! Humans aren't that bad of a race either (for the other parts of the board not Gundam-related). They're one of the most adaptable races around! Spiffy, ni? Not to mention, what's a country without its common folk? They sometimes have the best stories and usually are thrown into unusual settings where they are forced to learn skills and then seem less like they forced the SL to revolve around them.

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri May 19, 2006 6:03 am

Updated ever so slightly, with an early-morning draft.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.