Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Van Helsing Academy: Warriors of Daylight

Van Helsing Academy: Warriors of Daylight

a part of “Van Helsing Academy: Warriors of Daylight”, a fictional universe by Shi-chan.

On the side of a mountain lies the Van Helsing Academy, a school created to keep mankind safe from the night, and all the creatures who call darkness their home.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Van Helsing Academy: Warriors of Daylight”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Van Helsing Academy: Warriors of Daylight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Backpacks can be one of two styles, colors of their choice:
The "Day Pack" is a lightweight backpack worn when a soldier is expecting to operate independently an entire day, providing water, medical supplies, food, ammo, and equipment for 24 hours without being too large. They tend to have a lot of "Ports;" little pieces you can clip extra bags onto without them falling off, like something for a canteen or a cellphone pouch.

Or they can go with a "Cross-strap," which is lower profile but less efficient. It's commonly used with "Freerunners" because the one strap can be pulled tight, as not to swing and throw them off a building. Image
If you kill Callen, I'm going to kill you, and then Quinn. My penguin army shall rise from the crumbles of the great Cookie war of Elderon IV, and rue the day you ever did displease me you will!
-psalm 3:5; Book of Nevermore

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nevermore90
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 pm

My posts have been short for 2 reasons. Plagiarism shares the same problem. We apologize if these sounds like an excuse..

1: (The shared problem)
As mere players, we're both scared of overstepping bounds. Our posts also happen in incredibly tiny time frames; we have to wait for you, Shi, to say "They go to the cafeteria" before we can say, "On the way there..." And even then, we can't say more than, "They walked quietly" because any RPing we try to do in the intermittent time can (and does!) interfere with what you already have posted or are planning. It's frustrating; we wan't to give the RP better quality, but we're both in a box.

2: (My problem)
I've been working for about a week on a 4 minute, 50 second video for youtube. My editing software is SUPER FUCKING STUPID... So, yeah. All sorts of stupid crap has happened this week, stopping me from getting it done.
There's also midterms, done Friday. Had to make a video game in 100 minutes, did French, and did Math today... Nothing hard :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nevermore90
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:04 am

I'm very sorry that I've been putting you in boxes, I had it fact noticed the problem myself. It feels like it mostly (=solely) occurs when I'm the one on the other end, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I won't mind if you guys go ahead and take initiative with these things, you're free to do so. I don't count it as any sort of godmodding, so no one gets penalties for it. Does that help?

Shi-chan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 pm

That does help, Shi. Thank you.

Nevermore90
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Another issue is, though, that even if we were to "Take initiative," what the hell would we post about? Some butterfly flying into a lawnmower? There's hardly ever shit to do becuase it's always two lines of dialogue, then some craz-ass shit happens and WHAM they're in a new location, so whatever witty reply I had in mind is entirely void >.>

Nevermore90
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 am

Har-har.

Craz-ass. I don't even

Is the problem that your wittyness can not fully bloom, or is it that I sometimes move too fast?

I'm trying to adapt to everyone's paces, but I know that If I don't force things along every once in a while, this is going to die. The problem with all previous VHA rps (Which were not by me, this is my first attempt) was that things muddled into constant conversation and angst, and nothing ever got done. Then we got into arguments, and everybody got girly-mad and left. And then we came back and started all over, just to have the same thing happen again.

I want to complete this, so that's why I prefer to not linger much. I understand that it hinders a lot of character development and such, and if it's such a big problem, I'll slow it down. What's everybody's opinion?

Shi-chan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:34 am

THIS is the product of 2 weeks of frustration, 3 total restarts, and about 230 total recorded clips. *twitch*

Nevermore90
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Plagiarism on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Nevermore got himself banned until the 20th of next month, February. I'll be posting for us, for a change.
I don't steal good ideas; I replicate them.

Plagiarism
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 am

What.

Are you serious? Why does he always do that?

Oh well, everything goes on I suppose. :3

Shi-chan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Plagiarism on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:30 pm

What do you mean he alw-
Oh yeah. He does have a reputation for that XD

But, yeah. So two important questions:
In this RP:
Can werewolves change on command, or only in the presence of the full moon/some kind of amulet/artifact/item/magic?
Are vampire bites (that don't kill their victim) 100% infectious, or can you be bitten, live, and not turn?

Plagiarism
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Well, as the introduction states, a werewolf only changes when the moon is full. Someone who can become a wolf at their own will is a shapeshifter.

Should a vampire bite a person, there are three possible outcomes. One: They die from loss of blood. Two: They contract the vampire's illness through their poison, and die. Three: They contract the vampire's disease and die, only to come back as a vampire. No one survives.

Shi-chan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Plagiarism on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Alright. Thank you, Shi. Being a stickler to the "Basic Mythology" makes creativity a little difficult, though. At least it stops us from being Stephanie Myer mistakes...

Plagiarism
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Plagiarism on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Also: Did anyone click Nevermore's youtube link, to the explosions and music and stuff? I didn't like one of the song choices (the helicopter fight was really long with little happening, Never!), but the rest of it was pretty awesome.

Plagiarism
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aesop on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Hello. I've read a few posts from the most recent one of your roleplay, and it looks like you are about to come to a very exciting chase-down of this evil sorcerer man.
With the scene change and departure of the temporarily banned player, I believe now will have no rival when I say now is a great time to ask to join the RP, late in as it is. I've finally found an RP without sparkling vampires, super-zombies, or other ewh wannabe creatures of the night.

My intention is to either play one of the sorcerer's henchmen or someone ready to help the characters when they arrive in London. I'm sorry if it doesn't fit into the GM's plans, but at least being considered is nice. :)

Aesop
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Of course you can join up. ^^

I'll shoot you a pm, and we can work something out. You can also just put up a character that you think would fit in, and I'll be more than happy to take a look.

Shi-chan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BeautifullyBroken on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi everyone! This is BeautifullyBroken, I'm passing along a message. Nevermore90 has managed to get himself banned again. So, if Shi-Chan could please message him at IttyBitsby@gmail.com. It's very important.

Thank you, and to the moderators, please don't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing on this message for my friend!
I am Beautifully Broken in your eyes...

It's not a religion, it's a relationship.

BeautifullyBroken
Member for 11 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!