Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Venice Three Years Later

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Venice Three Years Later

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:42 pm

For three years she had been running around the world doing what she could for Binta Bah and too keep the peace. Always in her left pocket was Gabriel's lighter. Her hope had long ago faded that he was alive but she thought of him often.

She had just arrived in Venice after leaving a conference on the restoration of the Sistine Chapel in Rome. It was the time year of that she always came to Venice and lit a candle in the Basilica San Marcos for Gabriel. In fact that is what this trip was all about.

As she stared into the flame she tried to burn his memory from her mind and forget what little time they had shared. She wept openly for the first time in three years kneeling before a byzantine Virgin Mary. At 26 she had more than her fair share of grief.

She stood up and pushed her long hair back behind her ears and walked out of the Basilica, towards the canal. She pulled the lighter from her pocket and contemplated arcing it into the very center of the canal. Just as she pulled her arm back to launch it she changed her mind again for the third year.

She walked back to her hotel on the Grand Canal, and went straight to her room clutching his lighter in her hand. Opening the door she caught a glimpse of herself int he mirror, nothing had changed, except her eyes. They had grown cold. Too much war for her, too many lives lost and too many people destroyed. Seeing Carnage first hand can destroy a persons a soul. Even the beauty of Florence was lost to her. She had grown cold and unforgiving of man kind. Her soulful brown eyes showed all of this to her and again she turned away from her reflection and thought only on the future. She saw only bloodshed, and the uselessness of her mission

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:39 pm

The Heavy 747 passenger jet finally touched down on the runway after a three hour flight from Dublin. Among the passengers getting off was the new to the world, Maxwell Heart. He ran a hand through his dark hair as soon as he entered the terminal and wandered down to the exit. His pale green eyes found the lugage turn style, he was thankful he didn't travel with anything but that on his back.
His gloved hand pushed open the door so he could step outside and he smiled as he poped out a cigarette. It was about time. he slipped the cancer stick in his mouth and fumbled around in his pockets with his right hand looking for a lighter. His left hand fingered the cross he wore around his neck.

"Need a light?"
He heard an Italian voice ask. Her hand was nimble and golden, he looked up and down her arm. Her tanned arm looked so familliar and so beautiful. His eyes then found her brown eyes and his mouth dropped open. The cigarette fell and broke on the ground.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:03 pm

She packed her bags and left for the airport to head back to Florence and her work there on the Tomb of the Medici. The cab pulled up in front of the doors. A dark haired man with familiar green eyes stood outside with a cigarette between his lips. She stepped out of the cab and walked up to him pulling Gabriel's lighter from her pocket.

As she approached the man it appeared that he hadn't see her. His eyes were so familiar could it be Gabriel after all this time. only one way to find out.

She stood in front of him and extended her arm

"Need a light?"

He stared at her wide eyed and the cigarette fell from his mouth and broke.

'It looks like you might need another."

She smiled but the shock of recognition was obvious.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:07 am

He looked away suddenly trying not to have her realize it was him. His hand flew to the cross on his neck and covered it up. He reached into his pocket and uncovered the cross for her to see. He slipped it into his mouth and adjusted his glasses.
With a heavey drag inwards the cigarette lit and Seraphina flipped the lighter closed.

"T'anks Miss, but dat's uh...never 'appened to me before."
He vainly attempted to cover up his french accent as he spoke and inhaled on the smoke. He couldn't believe it was her. Now the real question was did she know it was him.
"My name is, Maxwell 'Eeart."
He extended his hand to hers for a shake as he held the cigarette in the other.

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:17 pm

When he looked away from her she assumed that it was not Gabriel and she snapped the lighter shut. His hand flew to his chest and she she noticed the cross dangling at his neck and immediately knew it was hers.
Her eyes hardened as a rage built up behind her cool visage.

Her empty hand balled into a fist until he spoke. There was no mistaking the voice she had heard in her dreams for so long. An alchemical concoction of relief, love and rage, threatened to consume her.

She took his hand and shook it after he introduced himself as Maxwell Heart. Nodding politely and gritting her teeth against the desire to rail at him for disappearing for three years for letting her think that he was dead. But a little voice in the back of her head said, you are the one who disappeared on him.

"I do not believe that I need to introduce myself Dolce," her voice sounded sweet as the hardness began to fade in her eyes. She hoped that by calling him Dolce that he would know that she knew it was him.

"But I do think I deserve and explanation and so do you, Monsieur Heart."

She released his hand and made a motion towards the door.

"Unless of course you would rather go somewhere else, perhaps the four horseman would make worthy witnesses." She smiled broadly but her smile was mix of both joy and ancient pain.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:56 pm

He smiled weakly as he leaned up against the wall outside the airport. Looking her up and down he sighed as he took a large breath inward of the cigarette. He held the smoke in his lungs as he looked at his feet before back into her eyes.
"Gabriel's dead Mon Cheré. He died in de war. An even if 'e didn't, 'e be a wanted man fighting for Blace Lowe like dat."
He looked up at her and with tears in his eyes it took all of his energy not to kiss her right then. He sighed and took another huge breath of the cigarette.
"I don't expect you to understand mon Cheré."

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:43 pm

She stood silently as he told her about Gabriel, her eyes grew cold until she noticed the tears welling up in his. She reached out with her left hand to caress his cheek but stopped centimeters from his face. She sighed and let her hand dropped to her side.

"You are right I do not understand, but know that I love you and I loved you the morning that I left."

She stood staring at him forcing the tears down and swallowed hard determined to show no sign of weakness, of her hurt. Her heart physically ached as she looked at him. This isn't how this was supposed happen, she thought back on all things she dreamed they would have said to one another when they met again. None of these words had been in those dreams.

She stepped up in front of him never dropping her eyes, three years of loss and wondering about him had made her strong, or so she thought. Standing inches from him, she kissed his cheek. She let her face rest against his as her tears rolled down her soft face.

She stepped back from him expecting him to turn and walk from her. No single action could have been more inappropriate, than what she had done.

She extended her right arm out towards him open palmed, In the center of her hand sat Gabriel's lighter

"It has never left my side, Monsieur."

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:22 pm

He chuckled lightly as she held out the lighter like a glee filled child. Holding on to him. It was very flattering.
"But you don' even smoke."
He forced a laugh at his innapporpriate joke. He could still feel her warm face on his cheek. He took another massive drag upon his cigarette almost bringing it to the filter. Then brought his hand up to his neck and touched the cross she gave her many years ago.
"I 'ave never takin' it off. Not since de day you gave it to me."

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:25 pm

Through teary eyes she looked at the cross that hung from his neck again. A light blush rose to her cheeks and a genuine but wan smile spread across her lips as she pulled the lighter to her chest protecting her heart. Brilliantly the memory of the night she gave it to him flashed before her eyes. She placed the memory into the back of her mind as though it were a treasured family photo, as she wiped her eyes. She had known it was hers when she saw it the first time, but knowing that he had never taken it off was overwhelming.

Desperately struggling for control of her emotions, her hand shaking ever so slightly, she looked Monsieur Heart directly in the face, her lower lip trembling

"So what brings you to Venice?"

It seemed like a good enough place start, and easy enough to walk away from.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:43 pm

With a smile he brushed her cheek. And flciked away the smoldering butt. He changed his attention back to her.

"Would you believe a lay over?"

He replied softly. He pushes his weight off the brick wall and adjusted his coat. With a grin he turned away and turned back playing with the cross.

"My planes not in for anot'er couple of 'ours, 'ow about tea? Y'know, catc' up on old times."

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:03 pm

She closed her eyes as his hand brushed her cheek. The familiarity of the warmth of his touch wiped away all of the hurt. At least he is alive. She glanced at the cross, and stuffed his lighter back into her pocket.

She bit back the word "dolce" vainly denying the old intimacy that they had shared. She stared long and hard into his eyes, knowing her soulful brown eyes would betray everything she felt. She pushed her long hair behind her ears and looked away. In a strange way he frightened her, which had never been the case before. She had been frightened for him and for herself but never by him. I wonder how much he has changed? How much I have changed
?

"A very serendipitous, layover, I have a couple of hours until my flight leaves for Florence. I would love a cup tea."

Her voice sounded frail in her ears. Not the voice that had talked with generals and politicians at all. Not the Voice that taught at the Fine Arts Academy and met with historians from all over the world. It was frail and brittle more like that of a nervous intern, speaking a contrary opinion to that of the Maestro.

She reached out and let the tips of her fingers brush the back of his hand, and motioned towards the door

"I hope the airport lounge is suitable for you, Monsieur?"

only now did she realize how her Italian accent mangled the French word.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:11 am

He smiled a little as she brushed his hand. He felt his cheeks warm and knew he was blushing. He chuckled lightly as she fumbled over the french word.

"I suoni grandi, la signorina."

He smiled a little and brushed his black bangs out of his eyes. It had been awhile since he had been to Venice. His Italian was bound to be a little rusty. He looked up and pushed her the door open for the airport. He followed her in, and as a custom he pulled out her chair for her to sit down.

"Come avuto lei è stato questi anni passati, questi lungo tre anni, il mio Seraphina?"

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:19 pm

She felt her hearts skip a beat as he spoke her native tongue. She walked into the Airport and Went straight for the Cafe'. As he pulled her chair out for her she fell victim to her own memories of the night they had spent together in Venice.

Once he was seated she placed her hand palm up and the table and leaned close to him

"Sono il vostro, il mio amore, il mio angelo, il mio cuore".

She whispered. Not wanting to spoil the moment but fearing the intimacy that was returning, she looked away from him, and focused on the far wall that posted the flight numbers and gates. Her Plane was running late.

A sense of regret began to develope that she would still be so in love with him after all of this. The anger still lurked somewhere deep inside but it was wonderful to be with him again, if only briefly. Another day she told herself, when we have more time. Maybe in florence where I can hide in my work. A flash of hurt and rage rushed across her eyes as she thought of him hiding from her. But why Venice if he didn't want me to find him? Why show me the cross? Agian she bit back the hurt and just enjoyed his presence.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:59 am

He smiled at her again and looked around from behind his black bangs. She looked so different, yet so the same. He couldn't help but force a chuckle at her statement to him. It was so innapporpriate, yet so like her.
"So I suppose, you are a little bit curious as to w'at I am doing in Venice. I 'ad to come back 'ere. It is de first yeat dat I am not fighting and I needed to go somew'ere dat I 'ad a fond memory of. You see, my friend of, well as long as I can remember, Xavier Constantine, 'e died under my command. I jus needed to find somew'ere friendly. Somew'ere wit' a good memory."
He hung his head, and immediatly turned away. He could feel his cheeks pulsing. He got to his feet rather ambitiously, with the slight desire to aviod the rebuttle. He turned back to her and cleared his throat.
"Lei amerebbe per che bere il mio amore?"

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:43 pm

Her eyes followed him as he stood up quickly. It was obvious to her t, now, that he was grieving deeply, and riddled with guilt. Her brows knit and she frowned slightly. His confession and obvious distress, obliterated the rage that she felt. She allowed herself to succumb to the love that she still harbored for him. The hardness in her eyes faded and her lips parted but words stuck in her throat. All she wanted to do was cancel her flight home, and stay with him, the angel of mercy, his Beatrice. Her entire posture changed. Her eyes grew wide and soft, her shoulders relaxed. His vulnerability reminded her so much of her own, three years earlier. Her own desperate confession on the Grand Canal. She licked her lips.

"Non conosco che cosa dire, il mio amore. Sono così triste per voi."

She whispered just loud enough for him to her. Per noi, she continued in her thoughts.

Not taking her eyes off him she answered his question about the drink.

"Si. Merlot?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:17 pm

He retook his seat and looked her deeply in the eyes before speaking. His eyes hardened again, the weak hardness of someone who had become relatively cold.
"Non logorare sopra esso il mio amore. Ho imparato a vivere con questo, l'incontrando appena e tutto il. ..but mettiamo che dietro noi."
He crossed his legs and leaned back into the chair with one arm over the back of it.
"If I could be Gabriel again, I would do it for you Mon Cher. Believe me on dat, but Gabriel is a wan'ed man. An I 'ave a 'ard enough time 'opping around as it is."
He paused as the wine reached the table. Pouring her a glass he handed it to her and took one for himself. With a quick sip he looked her up and down again.
"You see mon Cher, I desperatly want to be wit you again, but you are an important lady now. An I still 'ave t'ings I need to take care of. All I can say is watch de news for me. You will 'ear de name Maxwell 'Eart again. I promise dat much."

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:14 pm

She watched his green eyes as they grew cold and distant. So honest a moment ruined by a violent history. Everything she had done had been to secure them a future together, a selfish desire dressed up in universal altruism. The shaking in her hand became obvious as she lifted the glass to her lips and took the wine into her mouth. She focused on the dry wine letting it roll down her throat. It wasn't bad but not as good as the first bottle of Merlot they had shared. The glass rattled ever so slightly as her trembling fingers released the stem.

She steeled herself against the overwhelming sorrow that threatened her. A sorrow born out of love, loss, and a deep sense of failure. Her voice was flat when she spoke.

"I can see that I guess, being the lover of an ambassador would not be the best way to stay hidden
."

Nervously she took another swallow of the wine, nearly draining the glass. She allowed her long brown locks to fall across her face. She angled her face away from Maxwell ever so slightly hoping, more like praying, that he couldn't see the shadow of pain that had settled across her features.

As she stared off into the distance a young woman kissed her lover in the lobby. Seraphina raised an eyebrow. At least someone has a happy ending.

From behind her hair she looked again to Maxwell, and grabbed the bottle of wine. Her hand still shook as she poured another glass for herself.

"I hope when I hear your name again it isn't in a list of casualties, or the unfortunate side affect of a name change."

Regret immediately flashed across her features after she had spoken.

"Sorry,"

She whispered her voice and facade cracking.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:37 pm

He looked over at Seraphina a little more hurt than he would have liked. There is still things that he needs to do. Unfortunatly they are against what she believes in. Bloodshed shall come, from his hand and from others, but it must be done. His eyes hardened and he caught her glance again and immediatly softened them. He reached across the table and placed his hand upon her cheek.
"De next time we meet, mon cheré, I shall be Gabriel again. De name Maxwell 'Eart may be on a casualty list, as you say, but do not believe it until you recieve a letter wit my dogtags. 'Ave faith dat you're beloved Gabriel will come back to you one day, because 'e will."

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:04 pm

She pressed her cheek against his hand and placed hers over his, pulling the warmth of his affection from his palm, as though she were grabbing the last rays of light from a dying day. Silently the tears came, streaming down her face and across their hands. Her throat closed as she tried to speak. Behind her hair she looked up into eyes.

she swallowed hard and forced herself to speak.

"I have missed you, and never stopped loving you. I couldn't mourn you, I didn't know. The shock of the destruction in Australia......I fainted in Heathrow airport fearing for you. I couldn't even speak your name to ask about you during the relief efforts. Il mio Angelo, my Gabriel, My Heart...."

She stopped short of begging him to stay.

She turned her face into his hand and kissed the palm of it before letting it go. As he let his hand drop to the table she looked directly at him her olive complexion shining with tears

"I will have faith...after all it is all that I have....besides you."

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:14 am

With a soft smile he leaned over the table and kissed her forehead. He took his hand back and rose from the seat after droping a enough cash to cover the wine. He looked back into her eyes and smiled gently before placing a cigarette between his lips.
"I'll be seeing you mon Cheré."
He mumbled as he walked toward the door. Don't look back he kept telling himself. Be strong. You'll get to be with her one day. But not today. With a sad sigh as he exited the airport he lit the smoke and started to make his way down the broad street toward the Venice train station.
"I need to get to Paris."

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.