Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Multiverse

How Do You Know You Use the Mulitiverse Too Much?

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Multiverse”.
The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:23 am

You see games like this quite often, not sure if this should be posted in forum games, but here it is for now.

You dream about plot you're planning to do soon.
You try find happier plot for character you control.
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: How Do You Know You Use the Mulitiverse Too Much?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:29 am

You design different colors of clothing {same style of clothing, just different colors for the design to tell each outfit apart} for your characters.
"What happens in Hyperspace stays in Hyperspace" ~ Cynthiana of House Kuat concerning her and her husband Radimus' 'training sessions'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Awinita
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 am

Your main constraint for your multiple projects is other peoples availability and not your own.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:53 am

When you're done with work for the day, your instinct is to type /ooc

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FizzGig on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:48 pm

When you walk into a bar, you walk in expecting to be assaulted by a random stranger.
Writing is a socially acceptable form of Multiple-Personality-Disorder--C.S.Lewis

FizzGig
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:54 am

Someone etching crude runic figures into the table next to you? Standard.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:47 pm

When you actually make a costume that is based directly off your character's own outfit design. in several colors. {I am in the proccess of getting the matrials to do this next month}

Awinita
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Star on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 pm

When you suddenly walk into any manner of Pub and expect the Equivalent of Goku and Super Man to duke it out, that or some manner of pointless illogical military raid.

Dark Star
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:14 pm

When you known too much about your characters chosen career fields, and your not even in school for it. (No joke, I know way too much about aerospace/military space applications/law enforcement)

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 am

Dark Star wrote:When you suddenly walk into any manner of Pub and expect the Equivalent of Goku and Super Man to duke it out, that or some manner of pointless illogical military raid.

LMFAO!

Okay time to add another, when you actually plan major plots so ahead of time, and hate when people break the immersion by meta-gaming or god-modding. Also when you consider a lamp worth abusing and often spend hours discussing ideas over Skype with your friends from the site.

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Entering a bar brings to mind three things; careful watch of everyone in the place, knowing where the exits are, and where the slag the police are. because not only do you not know what is going on, but you do know it'll get bad, fast.

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:25 pm

When you go up to your manager at work and say, "I need to talk to Remæus. I mean...I need to talk to Eric. I mean...gah..."
"'I'm bored' is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you've seen none percent of. And even the inside of your own mind is endless. It goes on forever inwardly. Do you understand? Being the fact that you're alive is amazing, so you don't get to be bored."

-Louis CK

Moonscar
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Izoi wrote:When you known too much about your characters chosen career fields, and your not even in school for it. (No joke, I know way too much about aerospace/military space applications/law enforcement)

Entirely true. I'm currently working in disability and public policy, yet I could literally give lectures on national security policy, the inner workings of intelligence agencies, and the criminal justice system.

Also, when you feel the urge to talk about your characters to everyone you meet regardless of their actual level of interest in listening to you.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:55 am

You don't know at all WHAT a forum RP is, and when you finally find out the RPs outside of the MV you are all like "Oh my gosh! Why isn't anybody responding to me on the chat!".

Also, this is a bit of a real life thing. Almost NONE of the MV RPers ever forum RP, so it is really hard to get more RPers for my RPs =(.
What's a mob to a king?
What's a king to a god?
What's a god to a nonbeliever?

JGamer502
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 pm

You know who Eudemonia, Sko, Ryand-Smith, and NTS were.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destroyer & Creator on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Seems like I underestimate the Multiverse.
I am the Destroyer and Creator of worlds, you can call me DC...

Destroyer & Creator
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:35 am

Patcharoo wrote:Your main constraint for your multiple projects is other peoples availability and not your own.

Ylanne wrote:Also, when you feel the urge to talk about your characters to everyone you meet regardless of their actual level of interest in listening to you.

These right here? These right here.

Also: You come into the OOC before you even turn on your email. Or facebook.
Oh I'm serious.
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Also, when brief phrases referring to specific scenes or the names of characters or plot sequences actually occupy spaces on your to do list, along with work-related and personal shit.

Example:
- Laundry
- Healthcare policy brief
- Post for lostamongtrees in Gov't Ctr
- Buy more pasta
- Call K
- News feed on war

Kronos wrote:You know who Eudemonia, Sko, Ryand-Smith, and NTS were.

And yes. This. I miss Sko and Ryand-Smith lately, actually.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Wed May 08, 2013 12:23 am

When you plan out how exactly your character will snap when their berserk button is pressed.
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Thu May 16, 2013 12:04 pm

When you're eaten alive the moment you peek your head into the OOC room.

Moonscar
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!