Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

THE "AGENCY"  Renewed!

THE "AGENCY" Renewed!

a part of “THE "AGENCY" Renewed!”, a fictional universe by Dr Eye Patch.

Before you get to work at █████ (It seems we have been censored by the government. For now let's refer to it as the "Agency") you must attend a specialized school. (Roles all taken...But if you have a good one might add it for you)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “THE "AGENCY" Renewed!”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

THE "AGENCY" Renewed!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dr Eye Patch on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:00 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "THE "AGENCY" Renewed!"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dr Eye Patch
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: THE "AGENCY" Renewed!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:54 pm

I have an idea for a character, but I'm not sure which team member they would fall under. It would be a shapeshifter, someone who can transform into any animal or person. This would probably be for either beast, thief, or fighter. Thief because she can get into virtually anywhere by turning into the figure of authority known there, and take on animal like characteristics like stealth. Or just turn into a mouse and sneak in. Or she could be the fighter by using the strength of different animals, and the claws from different animals coupled with agility and speed to turn into some crazy badass fighting machine. Or simply, since she can turn into any animal, it would make sense that she is a beast, but idk if I want her to get mad all the time, I also want her to be cunning and turn into people a lot too. Thoughts?
Real knowledge
is to know the extent
of one's ignorance.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Ey oop. So this looked like a pretty interesting idea, but I'm wondering a couple of things.

How defined are these "roles" going to be? Reading the brief descriptions, I'm getting the feeling we're supposed to focus entirely on the aspects described for every role. Or are we free to have our character be good in several other areas that don't correspond with their position?

Second, assuming every character is a student, how will we progress through the day-to-day? Like, are we really going to focus on every single class, or is this "school" setting just a framework for the reason these people are grouped together as a team and will the main focus of this roleplay be on the missions they're sent on? Not a deal-breaker if it isn't, but just curious.

Are we limited to students only or can we apply for teacher/agent roles as well?

Also, probably last. I'm not sure if reservations are a thing, but I'm aiming for the marksman role if that's alright.

@Haas33:
If I may be so bold as to offer a friendly suggestion, you could potentially narrow the shapeshifting ability down into two categories.

A) Mystique-style, turning into other people. Which would fit more into the Thief/Theft role.
B) Animal morphing, which would go either well with Beast or Fighter. Depending on the angle you're going for.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:25 pm

Ooooh thats a good point. Except I'm really terrible at making decisions. Except I'd really like her to be able to turn into people too, and it almost wouldn't make sense for her to be be able to turn into animals and not other people. Perhaps she could turn into other people, but not retain clothing and equipment. Also, she doesn't make an exact genetic copy so although they may look fairly alike, her own fingerprints would be all over a scene. If you are doing reservations, put me down for beast. I think that probably suits her best.

I also do like that point that Byte made, with the characters possibly being able to be good in other areas. Because I want to say that my character is very good at fighting because of her ability to take agility and strength from animals, however I could add that up against the fighter, she almost always loses. Or that she and the thief work really well together on theft missions.

Also, my idea for the reason she can shape-shift is a science experiment gone a little awry. The alien invasion you talked about in the intro, the found some alien DNA and spliced it with human and created a bunch of test tube babies. She was the only one that managed to survive. And shape shifting was what the aliens were known for. I just want to make sure this is ok before I start creating my character. I get pretty in depth in my character sheets so I don't want to be halfway through only to realize thats not ok.

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:50 pm

This could be an interesting RP. I would like to join as the summoner. I have one question however. Is there a limit on the number of creatures that the summoner can summon? I don't plan on making it that many, but I'm just wondering if I can have more than one. I can work with just one if need too.

CutestWitch
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:57 pm

If reservations are indeed a thing, I would like to reserve 'The Magician'. I love the premise of these sorts of things, and the roles all look cool and fun. Looking forward to RPing with you all, should all go swimmingly. Also, heya Byte. Long time no see! :P
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chameleon Tea on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:46 am

This seems like a lot of fun. Team aspects are always very enjoyable to play through. As everyone above has said, if reservations are indeed a thing, I would love to reserve 'The Swordsmen'.

Chameleon Tea
Member for 8 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby βəəlzəβ∩β on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:22 am

'Ello! Might I reserve the Brain?

βəəlzəβ∩β
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dr Eye Patch on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:15 am

ok all the ones of you with questions should have already gotten a PM from me and those of you with reservation have been noted

Dr Eye Patch
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Poisoned-Tears on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Oh, this looks so interesting! I would love to join something like this. I was wondering if I could reserve The Thief?

Poisoned-Tears
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Alright, with the exception of scribbling up some more art for the profile, and maybe some last tidying up/checks with our resident Dr., my character is all done. Now to go collapse to bed.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Right, might do some fancying up, but other than that character's done.

Also, heya Tanman! Been awhile. :P

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ililumi. on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:20 pm

alright, got Seiji up! (hope you don't mind that i changed his name :0) hopefully he's okay! let me know if there's anything i need to change, take out, add in, etc, and i'll easily get to that. thanks!

(EDIT: I made a small change in Seiji's appearance, just added a tattoo. I hope you don't mind)

ililumi.
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Streamwatcher Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby βəəlzəβ∩β on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:52 am

That’s my character finished.

I’ll edit in the theme-songs later when I get a chance. ;)

βəəlzəβ∩β
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Well, I dunno about you guys, but I'm buzzin', psyched and ready to go! Yessiree.It's great seeing everyone's characters come together.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby βəəlzəβ∩β on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:13 pm

I look forward to roleplaying with you all too!

βəəlzəβ∩β
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chameleon Tea on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Sorry for taking so long to finish my character. I've been a bit busy lately, but I finally have time to finish everything up. I should have my CS finished either today or tomorrow. :)

Chameleon Tea
Member for 8 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:15 am

So, with Chameleon's character sheet coming up soon, we're just waiting on the Beast and Saint, correct? Do we have any ETA on when we're kicking off this shindig?

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:13 pm

Now we'll just play the waiting game. Awesome!

Seriously, though, seconding Tanman's question.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dr Eye Patch on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:56 am

my goal is to start this weekend.

Dr Eye Patch
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!