Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

When & Where: Tales Across the Multiverse

a part of “When & Where: Tales Across the Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Shakespur.

Five years after the death of his father, Mr. Peabody, his twenty-something son Sherman Peabody sets out across different dimensions to gather a group of heroes to confront the villains responsible for killing his father...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “When & Where: Tales Across the Multiverse”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shakespur on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:23 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "When & Where: Tales Across the Multiverse"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shakespur
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: When & Where: Tales Across the Multiverse

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:56 am

Ello there! I have stumbled upon this RP and have been drawn into it! I shall join! But not today...I must sleep this day but I may find something in the mornin. But I look forward to this!
Without the Dark, there can be no Light,
We have purpose
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth,
We have purpose
Without the War, there can be no Victory,
We have purpose
Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice,
We have purpose
Without the Hope there can be no Future,
We have purpose
Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter,
We have purpose
Without the Emperor, there is nothing,...
And we would have no purpose

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:19 am

I find this rp has quite the right amount of oddity to pique my interest. I shall be joining rather soon. The night is late and I highly suspect the creation of my character sheet shall take longer than I have hours left in me. You may expect my submission in the near future nonetheless.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shakespur on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:46 am

Glad to hear that you're interested in joining up! I would love to see what you come up with!

If you have any questions about anything, just let me know!

Shakespur
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:29 am

I do have one question: Can a character come along with a companion?

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shakespur on Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:37 am

Zalgo wrote:I do have one question: Can a character come along with a companion?

Great question! My answer is "yes"!

I'm assuming something like Jak and Daxter or something similar? If it's a case where one can't be without the other, I most assuredly have to say that you can't just split them up.

That does mean that they'd be sharing bunk space though ;)

Shakespur
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Excellent. I should have my character submitted fairly soon. I must warn the ship might not be all too clean with the duo I've concocted around.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shakespur on Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:44 am

Zalgo wrote:Excellent. I should have my character submitted fairly soon. I must warn the ship might not be all too clean with the duo I've concocted around.

Ooh! I am extremely excited to see who else is joining the crew!

I will be updating the NPC roster, as well as working on my reserved character in the coming day or so. Having to deal with a lot at work and at home has limited my time to work on detailing them, but I assure all of you that it shall be done!

Shakespur
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:04 am

I do hope this RP goes well, I have rarely used any cannon characters...But there is always a time to always try!

I look forward to all the people and the future!

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:44 am

I've got my characters submitted. I've entered them under a single submission since they're a duo. They should be able to fit in the time/dimension ship though people might need to navigate around the pile of garbage Joe calls his friend.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shakespur on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:45 pm

Zalgo wrote:I've got my characters submitted. I've entered them under a single submission since they're a duo. They should be able to fit in the time/dimension ship though people might need to navigate around the pile of garbage Joe calls his friend.

A quick question friend: what work of fiction are Joe and Frank from? I have so say, I'm not familiar with either of them and I can't find anything about them in my own research.

If they aren't a canon character from a book/game/movie/series/etc I'm afraid they won't be accepted. I hate to see all that work go to waste...

Shakespur
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Hm, seems I've taken that term from the front page "Anyone you want" a little too literally.

Well, I must say good luck and well wishes with the rp.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shakespur on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Zalgo wrote:Hm, seems I've taken that term from the front page "Anyone you want" a little too literally.

Well, I must say good luck and well wishes with the rp.

I do apologize. It's my fault for not having explicitly stated that I was looking for canon fictional characters and not original ones.

As I said, I hate to see that hard work go to waste, and I was truly hoping to have you on board. Is there no way to convince you to stay, friend?

Shakespur
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:29 pm

Well, my issue is that on top of having to redo an entire character sheet to write up another character to play I'd also have to play another person's work. I'm generally never too keen to use other people's characters and while working within an established universe can offer interesting potential I find it better personally to issue my own stories within the setting rather than do the author's characters a disservice by portraying them in what would inevitably be different from how they were envisioned to be. Also, to be quite frank, there are few characters in existing fiction I'd be happy with writing for and close to all of the ones I am more comfortable with would have little to no reason to assist in this adventure.

I could be convinced to stay but ultimately I'm looking to use Joe & Frank. I could change it up by saying they're in something like Monster Hunter or some matter of work as those include characters generated by people that operate and exist in the cannon universe. If that cannot abide however I sadly must give this rp a pass.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Ooh, this looks really fun. I've been waiting for another roleplay like this! Ah, but who to play?

I'm thinking of maybe pulling the Medic from Team Fortress 2, because I'm sure he'll be real fun and wacky. Who's the Medic, you ask? Meet the Medic

I was wondering if it would be possible if the GM could organize a Discord or Skype group, just so those of us who are involved in the roleplay can keep closer contact. In the past, I've found this to be hugely successful.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:01 pm

I saw you before Lloyd999, Yeah having some sort of Discord/Skype group would help. Also everyone knows having a medic is always good! Its never bad!

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:19 pm

"Having a medic is always good! Its never bad!" Mhm. Yeah. Totally nothing wrong with this medic at all. Totally in it to keep the team alive and not just to try out his latest experiments or something.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shakespur on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:45 pm

Zalgo wrote:Well, my issue is that on top of having to redo an entire character sheet to write up another character to play I'd also have to play another person's work. I'm generally never too keen to use other people's characters and while working within an established universe can offer interesting potential I find it better personally to issue my own stories within the setting rather than do the author's characters a disservice by portraying them in what would inevitably be different from how they were envisioned to be. Also, to be quite frank, there are few characters in existing fiction I'd be happy with writing for and close to all of the ones I am more comfortable with would have little to no reason to assist in this adventure.

I could be convinced to stay but ultimately I'm looking to use Joe & Frank. I could change it up by saying they're in something like Monster Hunter or some matter of work as those include characters generated by people that operate and exist in the cannon universe. If that cannot abide however I sadly must give this rp a pass.

Then I regret to see you go, my friend. I do hope that you get to utilize Joe & Frank in another game and hope to have the opportunity to play with you in the future. Excelsior.

Lloyd999 wrote:Ooh, this looks really fun. I've been waiting for another roleplay like this! Ah, but who to play?

I'm thinking of maybe pulling the Medic from Team Fortress 2, because I'm sure he'll be real fun and wacky. Who's the Medic, you ask? Meet the Medic

I was wondering if it would be possible if the GM could organize a Discord or Skype group, just so those of us who are involved in the roleplay can keep closer contact. In the past, I've found this to be hugely successful.

I've never heard if Discord, but if someone wouldn't mind helping me set one up, then I certainly wouldn't mind getting behind it to help collaborate with all of you!

And the Medic is brilliant. A most interesting addition!

Shakespur
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:02 am

Discord is relatively simple to start up, you usually create an account and you make your personal channel which only people who you invite can join

You can then create different rooms in the channel for different thing like say...one room is for talking about ideas, another is for gaming and anotehr is for music. That sort of thing. But we just need to make a server, you dont have to set up the server but creating an account would be good. That or we could just skype....like plenty of others...

Skype name is BruvahMarine
Discord is the same BruvahMarine

I can help with the discord, not much experience with setting up rooms but I can assist.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shakespur on Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Okay, I opened up a Discord account and I got a few things set up there (just kind of testing it out at the moment.)

It's asking me to add a few friends, so if you want to add me on there, PM me and I'll send you my 4 digit code. My name on there is also Shakespur.

Edit: Also, do pass the word around if you think there would be anyone interested in participating as well. I made a thread in the Roleplayers Wanted forum, just to help spark some interest.

Shakespur
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!