Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Wilde Jagd

Wilde Jagd

a part of “Wilde Jagd”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

We will hunt the damned to the ends of the earth to save what is left. We are Wilde Jagd, The Wild Hunt.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Wilde Jagd”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Wilde Jagd

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:10 pm

"Wilde Jagd"

Welcome aboard and to the OOC thread!!!

I'll be hoping to add in some lore detail in an OOC thread soon, but in the meantime it should be enough to give you some idea of what's going on.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Wilde Jagd

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phantasms on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:55 am

Yoo. Wazzup. I got a few questions before I consider. Is this anime or real life FCs? Also, must members of Wilde Jagd be witches in order to have an ability or do normal people have them too.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

phantasms
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:30 am

Hi there, I was having a hard time settling on it myself. I'm leaning towards art (anime, less anime, whatever) just based on the fact that some characters may not be totally human-looking and don't want to make finding images more difficult. :D

Edit: Oh and no, Hounds aren't just Witches. They're just notable being one of the few people who'd hire them.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:24 am

This RP looks really good. I love the description of the world. :3

Just wondering: What kind of powers and deformities to the Witches have, and how are they different/similar to the Fragments?

Is the area that the story will be taking place going to be similar to medieval Europe in terms of politics/geography/etc. or is it taking place in some other area of the world?
"Schopenhauer was right, wouldn't you say? Life without pain has no meaning. Gentlemen, I wish to give your lives meaning..."

Kato
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:19 am

This is looking pretty neat, Vit. I'm anxious to see more lore detail before making the decision to commit, however.

Do you think you'd be willing to shoot me a PM when you've put it up, so I'm sure to see? Thank you and a preemptive good luck!
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:21 am

You've definitely piqued my interest!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi there all of you!

@ Kato

Thanks! Really appreciate it given the front page may have been a liiittle hastily written up. Glad the idea is coming across okay.

Witch and Fragment powers and mutations are something I hope to cover in a little more detail once I have a character profile up and can make a lore thread, but essentially the differences are that a Witch is in general more likely to have a seriously noticeable deformity (though not all do) and tend to either have more minor abilities, or much less control over them than a Fragment. Oftentimes a Witch with a power is likely to end up inadvertenly end up killing themselves or people around them unless they receive some training, something that kind of adds to the bad reputation.

They also obviously do not have the shapeshifting aspect of a Fragment.

However they are very much human in how they act and have no kind of outside evil influence or tendency towards violence anymore than a regular person. They're also able to organize and work together in order to pool their resources or use abilities together in unison.

A Fragment's 'flaw' is ironically generally a lot more subtle. They're usually able to blend in more easily (at least until they change) and they generally have an inherent control of whatever their own power is, and are generally more powerful individuals, but are disadvantaged by the fact that they're generally pretty solitary creatures. Some may team up, but because they are able to consume each other to increase their own powers, they are naturally inclined to see one another as a potential threat.

As far as the setting, I' going for kind of alternate world, so it's themed round medieval Europe, but may not necessarily be set in a post-apocalyptic Europe, if that makes sense. It is pretty similar (aside from the technology factor) in terms of lifestyle, culture and the like.

@Kilgannon

No worries. I hope to have a proper lore thread uploaded once my first character sheet is done. Have a lot of extra info in my head, but I didn't want the front page to end up a wall o' text. Will let you know once that's ready.

@Jag

Welcome aboard! As I mentioned, should have a bit more detail soon if you're in need of it.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:18 pm

Oooh, interesting. You've obviously put a lot of thought into this. Imma have a deeper nose around the home page and see if I can get a few ideas. Looking forward to hearing more.

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:23 pm

That'd be great. Hope to have some more details up soon.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to more details and also considering Witchy possibilities... :3

Ah ha, just saw the new posts in the Lore thread!

Do you have any examples of what type or level of powers that different character classes might have? Or should we just run ideas by you?

Kato
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:05 pm

I'm adding additional lore stuff as I go, so should be some new posts on topics pending. =)

As far as powers go I'm reluctant to put any hard outlines on them, as I like seeing the creative stuff people come up with. Feel free to run stuff by me.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:18 pm

I submitted a character. Please let me know if there are issues with the character or it doesn't fit into the design plans you have for this story. I'm more than happy to go back to the drawing board if this doesn't work out.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:18 pm

This certainly seems interesting. I might be interested in creating a Fragment, although I'm not sure what FC I'd use or what powers I would employ.

However, it'll probably take me a while if I do join, since I have several major things to do for finals before I'm free again, so if you don't want a slightly delayed reservation, feel free to just reject this request out of hand.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phantasms on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:14 pm

I got another question. It states that this is set in medieval times, but the current characters seem to be rather modern. I dunno.

phantasms
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:37 pm

@Jag

And approved!

@FeyBlue
No worries. Fragments can easily be introduced a little way into things, so don't feel pressured to have something ready immediately.

@ Phantom's Sword

As mentioned, the nature of the world (post apoclypse regressed into an essentially medieval culture) and the fact that Wilde Jagd has a large amount of funding from Lord Rodin means that they have access to a lot of old tech and other things that might be considered for beyond the resources of people in most parts of the world. Firearms, technology, functional medical facilities and the like.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:58 pm

Thanks! If anyone has any ideas that would involve some background drafting involving my character or otherwise would like to talk ideas with me, drop me a line!

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:58 pm

Thanks! If anyone has any ideas that would involve some background drafting involving my character or otherwise would like to talk ideas with me, drop me a line!

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:08 pm

I might have some of that for ya shortly Jag regarding one of the upcoming Fragments, so keep an eye out for that. =)

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:48 am

Alright, after catching up on the lore, I definitely would like to give this a go. Just a quick question, Vit.

Since the world fell back, essentially, to medieval culture (sans some exceptions), are knights a thing separate from the Wilde Jagd, or would the Wilde Jagd be considered the knights of this world, so to speak? Oh, also, armor! I assume that and the practice of smithing it is commonplace as well, aye?

Thanks for your time! I'll get started while I wait for your reply.

EDIT: And Nadel is submitted! Thank you for your time again on Skype, Vit! I hope she is up to your liking.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nosyfatguy on Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Evening! I'd like to reserve a fragment if possible! He'd be done most likely within a day or two's time! Thank you.

nosyfatguy
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!