Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Legends of Gialpha

Quest Planning

a part of “Legends of Gialpha”, a fictional universe by SugarNspikeS.

The fate of the Gialpha lies in your hands.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Legends of Gialpha”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Quest Planning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:25 am

This will be the area for planning quests with each other. While the primary quest is the one described in the introduction about the evil wizard, I will be taking a page from Skyrim's game play and this will be a mostly open-world role play. Any quests can be created and followed in this world and this will be where we can find ways to make them connect to each other, intertwine with each other, or just create something new by working together. Just be creative and have fun. I would suggest that everyone who plans to be active in this subscribe to this so that we all know what's going on. Also I plan on getting a map posted of the All-continent and the regions therein.
I'm not saying the voices are real, I'm saying they have some good ideas.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Quest Planning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lainpinky131 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:42 am

So I read in Yevoc's backstory that he went south chasing an ice troll terrorizing a village, and I was thinking that that could be a good place to meet Serrina. Where she was just wandering around and decided to help out. Just cuz' she does what she does. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lainpinky131
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:10 am

Sounds like it could work. We can run with that for a little while. There should be more characters coming in soon and we can see where that takes us as well.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Long Lost Lius on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Should Vanarak perhaps also be introduced in a fight against Ice Trolls? It feels definitely like something Vanarak would use to kill time, Killing trolls. Perhaps he could already be there when the other characters arrive?

Long Lost Lius
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Promethean World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Well it was only one troll, however, if he heard about it as well it would be reasonable that these three meet while tracking it or when it attacks.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lainpinky131 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Haha, Vanarak and Serrina teaming up and fighting an ice troll together? That sounds awesome :}

Lainpinky131
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Long Lost Lius on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:51 am

Indeed! A dream team to be sure. Perhaps Yevoc would join in too. Serrina and Vanarak might get to know eachother a small amount before Yevoc appears. Vanarak still needs a moment to heal.

Long Lost Lius
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:19 am

So just as an overview: The evil wizard in the intro is looking for all the pieces of a small sword( it was gonna be a dagger, but this works better) with which he can cut a hole in the fabric of reality and open a portal to the under world of Gialpha. He already possesses the ethereal scepter which can bend the will of any soul. His plan is to collect the pieces of the blade, open the portal to the under world, then use the scepter to control the sorceress who started the Nocturnal War to bring about eternal night and suffering again. The pieces of the sword all posses different magical properties, the hilt that Kaldon found in the mine has the power of prophecy and the shard in Frosthiem gives control over beasts (Not therians) but it's still not clear who has it. The other pieces are scattered all over Gialpha and finding them all is the best way to stop the evil wizard.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:27 am

Sounds almost like the githyanki silver sword in Neverwinter Nights 2
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:15 am

Never played it, but good to know.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Allllllrighty -rubs hands together- How shall we stir this pot?

Royalburden
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Long Lost Lius on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:52 am

The dramatic trio messing with the cyborg. Well then, Only one way to handle this, Throw in a Pseudo-Cyborg!

And bu that I mean that I might stir things additionally by entering with Brimm

Long Lost Lius
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaek on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:19 am

I always forget how high techy this really is. I might have to make some adjustments to Drake's inventory o3o
~|~

Jaek
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Long Lost Lius on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Just putting this out there: A little personal quest for Vanarak. In the end I want to have him atleast have fought all other, "Fighter", characters atleast once, Wether it's to solve some argument, Just to blow off some steam and have fun or perhaps attempting to kill them...

Long Lost Lius
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:01 pm

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Sword_of_Gith

That is the sword I spoke of from Neverwinter nights 2

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:43 pm

I see the similarities, but the one for this rp is different. And while I was not ripping off the other game, the idea of a fractured blade is far from unique and it's only natural that another game would have a similar lore surrounding a similar blade.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZoddtheItinerant on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Narsil and Soul Edge are two other examples of fractured blades :3

ZoddtheItinerant
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaek on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:35 pm

You can only come up with so many "original" concepts these days. Just about everything that works well has been in existence at least once :(
Last edited by Jaek on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaek
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZoddtheItinerant on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:31 pm

Hear, hear, Jaek! There's nothing wrong with celebrating tropes and embracing cliches. As long as you do them well, of course.

ZoddtheItinerant
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:08 pm

So is the troll being controlled by a sword piece? Cause if so I was thinking of having Nyx go to grab it with her invisibility and when she touches it it frees the troll but starts trying to take over Nyx....
That kinda a big thing so didn't want to just go with it if before talking about it here.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!