Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legends of Haven

League of Legends

a part of “Legends of Haven”, a fictional universe by BenjimynFrankielyyn.

Heroes, they live among us. Some with powers, other without. All with one goal in mind, save their town and save their world. As there are heroes fighting for us there are those who are set on the destruction of all we hold dear.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Legends of Haven”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

League of Legends

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:29 pm

The League's home is the Kalmack Tower. A ritzy high rise tower that only the richest of the rich are even allowed to be near much less enter and if not for Rodger Kalmack, the Leagues benefactor of sorts, they wouldnt have such nice accommodations in the center of the city. Its a tall whitewashed building with what appears to be hundreds of mirrored windows blazing proudly that it was there. Its the type of building that just draws attention to itself. The inside is just as prestigious as the outside a mixture of white and gold with a few accents or red, blue and purple scattered about in an appealing way.

Though most of the lower levels are filled with a mixture of conference rooms, personal practices, and a few apartments. The top five floors are all for the League, each resident of the League has a 'pent house' which means they each have basically half a floor to themselves. The very top floor is split into four seprate areas, one for training, one for weapons, one for group relaxation or meeting, and the last is the tech room, also known as Head Quarters. Its here that they decide which 'emergencies' needs their help, who goes where, and study the powers and threat level of all known metas or powered people in the city.

H A Z E L
The Blood Sage
Bloodbending
Danielle Cambell

S I M O N E
Mother Hurricane
Weather Manipulation
Aja Naomi King

M A L L O R Y
CODENAME
Magic
Chloe Bennet

E V E
CODENAME
Support/Alien
Emily Browning
F R Y
Harvest
Nature Manipulation
Cole Sprouse

C A S P I A N
Jinx
Probability Manipulation
Sam Claflin

P A R K E R
Doc
Vitakinesis/Medic
Brendan Dooling

B R E N T O N
Mute
Technical Support/Hydrokinesis
Logan Lerman

Let it be known that Rodger Kalmack is an NPC that can be played by anyone. The League doesnt know about the serum or Malcolm Turner yet and the Mercs dont know about Rodger. Mr. Kalmack use to be a Vigilante called the King of Spades before he was injured while on a mission. He handpicked each of the members of the League, with out him picking you, you wouldnt be here. Keep that in mind. Now, lets have fun.

(FYI I pictured Rodger Kalmack looking like Hugh Jackman)
Spoiler: show
Last edited by BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: League of Legends

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:50 pm

Now, Just because Mr. Kalmack picked your character it doesnt mean that he is the one that pulled you into the league or was the one to give you option of joining. He was there when Hazel accidentally used her power on a man attacking her and that how The King Of Spades found her. She is also the first one he offered to help train and this happened before he was injured, you can say that Hazel in her persona as the Blood Sage offered you a position on the team or that you found a letter under your door a couple days after accidentally (or on purpose who knows) using your power.

I just feel like you guys probably needed this information. Also, Hazel is complete so if you guys want to check her out feel free to do so.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:45 am

so, given that Eve is tech support i think it's feasible to say she came into the league because Mr. Kalmack and Hazel were choosing scientists and techies for their team and eventually a colleague of her's contacted her about it and threw her hat into the ring to head that department, knowing that if anyone had anything to contribute in terms of new advancements it was her?

would she have been interviewed or anything? would it need to be known she had "abilities"? I'm cool with however you think would be best plot-wise to do that.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:52 am

Well in that aspect it would have been Mr. Kalmack who contacted her but he would have done it of his own accord, showing up unannounced and giving a super short speech about saving the world and needing her help. Then being all mysterious, handed her a card with a number and walked out.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:58 am

sounds legit

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:10 am

I mean, if I didnt want him to be an NPC so anyone could have him pop up in their posts I would have totally taken him as a character because I love him and he is just this idea in my head. I mean come on, he is a mid to late forties man who was a Vigilante up until recently who named himself The King of Spades. (did I forget to mention Kalmack Corporation is the owns the most popular News paper? And that Mr. Kalmack was known as a hot shot reporter in his youth? Yeah I forgot to say that...) So it kinda just shows that he has a flare for the dramatic...

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:29 pm

So when we start about how long has it been since the league started? Is this all fairly new or has everyone mingled?

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Well Mr. Kalmack started the League about a year after the Meta attack and just before his own injury. So the League was created about three years ago but recruitment was spread out.

I want to say he pulled Hazel, then Eve, then probably Parker,Simone and Caspian about the same time, then the others into the League so it is a mixture. Though i'm open to suggestions.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calenator on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:52 pm

I imagined Fry's room to look a little bit like this, the upstairs bit would be his bedroom area:

Calenator
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:19 pm

That lineup sounds good so far. But making an official one with everyone so that we know and our characters can act accordingly would be nice?

@calenator for some reason I had it in my head that fry was a merc lol. I think it had something to do with his romance with Sabina, how does that work exactly? Does anyone in the league know or is it a secret?

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calenator on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:29 pm

@>Marionette<: Tbh, I could never imagine my baby being bad lololol. He's too P U R E. + About the relationship, It's a secret. And 99% of the recent why he actually leaves the tower tbh. He's too scared to tell anyone in case he gets kicked out of the League and on to the street again. ( His background with homelessness and abuse is also a bit of a secret. But, that one is a bit more known. ) And I assume he's one of the newer members of the League, which adds to the nervousness. Imagine it like Batman and Catwoman, I guess. Lol.

Calenator
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Oh ok that illustrates it well enough, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing that my characters were supposed to know + I think it's cute and I'm hella nosey

If anyone wants to pm me about the technicalities when it comes to what tools they have at their disposal + what Eve's team has done to help them develop and understand their abilities by all means come to me. I imagine things like brain scans while using their abilities and various tests have all been ran with the members, and with the results of these tests a recommended training regimen. Eve is always speaking with everyone about modifications to this, advice on approaches and critiques with the tools they use - that's how the league improves, with input from its members!

In general, and if it's ok with the GM I would like to have thus far in the league arsenal:

• Personalized weapons
  • Taser gun: small, lightweight, and easy to use- this non-lethal gun fires a ball of blue charge that knocks out the opponent. Each gun is finger printed to one person and will not work without the correct prints.
  • Uniforms: for now basic bulletproof, fireproof, cut resistant and temperature regulation as the suit's abilities. For the future I would like the league to have new suits that also modify their strength +speed
  • An aircraft: similar to the x-men, this craft is airborne and has an invisibility module that uses light bending technology to fly unnoticed both to the human eye and to radar. It's not too big, fits the team and maybe one or two more people.
  • Cars: Look like regular vehicles, range rovers, but bullet proof/fireproof and the tires are cut resistant. These vehicles are multi-terrain and all share a communication network and GPS etc.
  • Wrist watches: to alert and call and track the members, it is able to be personalized to look cute/cool - however you want.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:32 am

OK, Unless anyone says differently this is what I am thinking when it comes to recruitment to the League.

1)Hazel: He didnt want to help her but he also knew that there was a good chance she would accidentally kill more people without training.

2) Eve: He had heard great things about her and her ideas on technology were literally out of this world. No one else noticed so Rodger offered her a card with only a number on it and asked if she wanted to save the world.

3,4,5) Parker,Simone and Caspian: Pure luck with these guys and all within a couple days, Needed a medic so Rodger went looking, found a smart young guy one day and his gut told him to offer the kid a position in the League. Turns out the kid can heal. Found Simone when he noticed a very slight change in temperature around her on a hot day, that was all it took for him to figure out she had Weather, air or even ice abilities. Watched her for a few days When she appeared to be a good person he offered her to come with him to the tower, it was there he asked if she wanted to be part of the team. Now its debatable whether he found Caspian because Rodger was lucky or because Cass's powers made Cass lucky and gave him an outlet for his anger. Either way, Cass got recruited.

6,7) Brenton and Fry: Rodger found Brenton when he was contacted with a story about a swimmer with supposed water powers, he squished the story and watched the kid for awhile before sending Hazel to act as the welcome wagon. Fry, well Fry was found when Rodger found the poor kid sleeping on the streets. Feeling bad for him, Rodger took the kid in and Hazel feeling something weird about the kid jacked a piece of hair. The DNA showed a mutation so Rodger asked Fry to Join the league and use his powers for good.

8)Mallory: No idea yet, im trying to work with the characters history to create how Rodger pulled them into the league but Mallory isnt completed yet.

Also, Fry wouldnt need to keep his relationship with her secret. The League at this point doesnt know who the Mercs are and as part of the League for safety reasons, League members arent supposed to tell anyone that they are apart of the League. (Everyone has code names for a reason.)

Another point:

First posts are up (OMG I know I know I whole day early!!) And would a member of the League (maybe with a crush on Hazel) like to be her date to the fancy party she has to go to for work?

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calenator on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:09 am

Well, if that's the case, Fry probably told her about his identity, and then she confessed about her "criminal history," but he doesn't necessarily know she's a Merc. I'll go over it with Fern later.

Calenator
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:12 am

Thats fine, but you should make sure if nothing else that she DOESNT know about their Headquarters. I feel that Hazel, if she found out about his relationship would be pretty forgiving but if he put them all at risk by telling her about where they all basically live/get together...She might do something she would regret.

Also, if anyone doesnt have some sort code name please either post it here or message it to me so I can update the log.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:57 am

Here is my view on timeline all together before the start of this game.

This world is just an alternate reality so it has the same time frame though we are starting in early Febuary.

June 1996- The King of Spades 'terrorizes' Herald, Kalmack news names him.

December 2007- The King of Spades is praised a hero after exposing a corporate leader as a Slave Ring Leader.

March 2013- Thor Attacks and Herald renames itself Haven.

January 2014- The King of Spades finds Hazel, exposes himself as Rodger Kalmack, and starts training her.

April 2014- Rodger Kalmack is in a car crash which shattered his right leg and caused nerve damage. Following he asks Hazel if she would be willing to be apart of a group of powered people fighting for the city.

July 2014- Rodger Kalmack recruits Eve.

October 2014- With Eve as back up just in case, Hazel as 'The Blood Sage' makes her first appearance and successfully saves the day.

Febuary 2015- Within a couple of weeks of each other Parker, Simone, and Caspian were recruited.

November 2015- After several failed attempts at group missions they finally succeed. Get dubbed the 'League of Legends'(they only failed two missions, the others ended up with one separating from the group and getting the credit not that the others were really bothered but Rodger was upset.)

January 2016- Brenton and Fry join the league.

June 2016- The city of haven is in love with its new heroes.

October 2016- At this point the teams success in both solo and team missions is at 90% and the city is more enthralled by the question of "Who are they really?" and "Will they ever reveal their true identities?"

December 2016- Rumors fill the powered and Meta human communities of a drug that can temporarily make them stronger, the League is investigates no proof is found. It is decided to just be an urban legend.

January 2017- Reports of missing or dead metas and powered fill the communities along with rumors of a being made of acid that is hunting them to use as test subjects. League investigates, missing are never found and the dead lead back to underground slave fighting ring. Case/mission goes cold on the missing.

February 2017- The rumors about the drug and reports on missing metas/powered have calmed down. Rodger Kalmack is unsure if it is a good thing.

Mid February 2017- Our story starts.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calenator on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:54 am

Fry's first post is done. If they're is a problem with it, just tell me. + The emoji thing in brackets is only there because it wouldn't let me put actual emojis lol.

Calenator
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:20 am

LOL its fine for the most part except the meeting is at 8pm....

Also @>Marionette<

Those sound good, maybe even ear comms?
Last edited by BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:25 am

Hazel's Bedroom, it has a peacock green and sunflower yellow rug and yellow accents also the floor would be finished (glossy and all), the walls would be done in a pale yellow, and the door and that wall would be arched windows.

Living room, no rug and the couch would have pin stripes of russet instead of large stripes.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InakoUchiha on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:14 am

Bren's room, he doesn't sleep on his bed, but his couch. He finds it more comfortable, and he's a little math nerd. Between the bed and the desk he has the desk with the computer. Oh! Also, I was thinking @Marionette, Eve did some things to his computer and made him some devices where he could easily hack places on the go from his phone and/or a wrist watch type thing.

InakoUchiha
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!