Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

New Guardians

New Guardians

a part of “New Guardians”, a fictional universe by bombinate.

This new generation of heroes still has a lot to learn, but with the creation of a special team and mentoring from their idols, the New Guardians have everything at their disposal to hone their skills... provided they aren't killed before the year is out.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “New Guardians”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

New Guardians

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 pm

HELLO AND WELCOME

This is the OOC board for 'New Guardians', where reservations and general chit-chat will occur. As stated in the rules, when reserving a character please include face claim, power, weakness, and a brief statement about their origin story. Name, hero alias, and age can be added if you have them, but aren't necessary immediately! I've added the same information below for my two characters to give you a general idea of what I'm after! Enjoy!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bombinate
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist Promethean Author Inspiration World Builder Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: New Guardians

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Thu May 11, 2017 9:51 pm

An example of the reservation requirements (though note that I've written way too much because I've thought about them plenty. Don't feel like you need to write anything this long. Even just a "He got bitten by a spider and developed xray vision, has a mentor with similar powers who helped him train" is enough)

BEATRICE "BEA" BARLOW aka Dusk

Powers: . . . N/A
Weakness: . . . N/A (She's human and doesn't possess any powers, hence no power weakness).
Skills: . . . Martial arts, unarmed combat, weapons training (excluding firearms), gymnast, science nerd
Face Claim: . . . Kiersey Clemons

Origin: . . . Bea's mother was an infamous cat burglar, eventually caught by the hero known as The Shadow, her father an engineer at Leeds Enterprise, who lost his life in an explosion on the job when Bea was 9. She was temporarily put in a home, where her nights were spent sneaking out and utilising the tricks her mother taught her. Eventually her nightly exploits caught The Shadow's eye and he took her under his wing. She learned combat, stealth, and strategy from the hero, and has been acting as his sidekick since age 12. With the formation of the New Guardians, Bea's ready to prove herself. She's been at Ascot Academy since Leeds became her sponsor, and though none save those she counts as her closest friends know her duel life, Bea's more than ready to welcome the other heroes to the school.

Raphael Pavesi aka Aeolus

Powers: . . . Wind manipulation, mild enhanced condition
Weakness: . . . Powerless without Aeolus gloves, or in a vacuum, some magic can inhibit gloves' power
Face Claim: . . . Alessio Pozzi

Origin: . . . Raf was visiting his uncles excavation site in an ancient Roman city when a terrible storm blew in. Having left his parents and uncle to explore on his own, he was forced to take refuge in the old ruins. He was almost killed in a landslide of dirt and debris but somehow was able to crawl through into a small chamber that had remained intact over the centuries since its last use. There he found the gloves, metallic golden creations with old numerals inscribed on the surface. He touched them as the eye of the storm settled over top his position, and from that moment on the gloves were attached to him. They form bracelets around his wrists when not in use, and quickly cover his wrists and hands in a thin sheet of extremely flexible, but durable golden metal which allows him to control and manipulate the wind.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bombinate
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist Promethean Author Inspiration World Builder Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WoefulFairies on Thu May 11, 2017 9:52 pm

I'll reserve a character!

JULIETTE "JEWEL" MATTHEWS aka ??

Powers: Necromancy
Weakness: Can only speak with spirits that want to speak with her; is able to become possessed if pendant is removed.
Faceclaim: Taissa Farmiga

Origin: Jewel has always heard voices. It was only until recently that she found out they were voices of people who had died. At the age of fifteen she was summoned by a powerful witchdoctor named Kali who taught her to channel spirits and get them to do her bidding. Kali was a vengeful witch, however, and when she found out that Jewel was planning on freeing herself from her clutches, she bound Jewel's powers to a pendant and cursed her to lose control of the spirits attached to it if the necklace is removed. A year later Jewel is still struggling to learn more about her powers without Kali's guidance.

Last edited by WoefulFairies on Thu May 11, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WoefulFairies
Member for 7 years
Author Promethean Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sappho on Thu May 11, 2017 10:05 pm

omg. yes. I'm screaming. I needed another superhero roleplay. I would love to reserve a male, with the face claim of Rami Malek. (Lemme know if that doesn't work)

DANIL KARIM aka THETA

Powers: . . . Mental Manipulation, Memory Fabrication and Destruction
Weakness:. . . Danil has no true way to control his powers, especially through physical contact.
Face Claim:. . . Rami Malek

Origin: Danil Karim was born into a small village in Iraq to Ali and Rahel Karim. Even as an only child his home life was quite chaotic with his parents fighting constantly. On the night of a particularly heated argument between his parents he snuck into their room, held their hands and prayed for the fighting to cease. Unkowningly the tiny bit of physical contact and distress had caused him to completely wipe himself from his parent's minds. Danil has no true knowledge of how he came to possess his powers, but they scare him nonetheless. The next morning, they had no recollection of who he was and out of fear threw him out of the house. He lived by himself for a while in solitude, learning to stay far away from others in fear for wiping any more minds. He was eventually approached by a women he would now refer to as Eclipse, who brought him to the Academy.

sappho
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Thu May 11, 2017 10:23 pm

@WoefulFairies, okay-doke Edit: I've just seen your edit, almost missed your reservation because of it. I'll reply in a new post so that you don't miss it.

@geminiblues, you need to go have a read of the rules quickly :P you've forgotten something!!
Lmao, Rami Malek is 35 but he looks so youthful that it'll definitely pass so long as he's on the older scale of the age group. Also, I'm going to need another weakness, something that inhibits his powers rather than just him not having that much control.
Love his origin story though, just note he wouldn't have been brought to the Academy since it's a normal school and the scholarships only went out when the young hero team was formed (plus no one really knows who sent the scholarships/why they got them), but he could have gone to Eclipse's base (if she has one), or maybe the New Guardian's base if she found him fairly recently? From there he'd have been able to attend the Academy for schooling. (Sorry for the massive response)
Last edited by bombinate on Thu May 11, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sappho on Thu May 11, 2017 10:43 pm

AGH. I'm sorry, I promise I read them I was just so excited I forgot to put the pass. Since I recently just watched Guardians Vol II. probably that at the moment but I also love Batman, best villains honestly. I will make sure to pick out younger looking pictures of him. I couldn't resist picking him, he is such a God.

About the weakness, it could very well be that it's limited to physical contact, but that's a limitation. I'm stupid. I promise I'm thinking aha. Maybe along the lines that every time he implants a memory, or tryst to sway a person it takes a small shred from him, weakens him for a period of time. Let me know if that's stupid lol. I'm sorry for being so problematic.

EDIT: Also about joining the Academy, I like the idea of him living at Eclipse's base for some time then receiving the scholarship, does that work ?

sappho
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Thu May 11, 2017 10:50 pm

@Geminiblues: I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy vol II yet, but it's definitely on my list. Yes! Him going to Eclipse's base first is perfect and then after joining the New Guardians he gets a scholarship to Ascot and he can board there, or live at the New Guardians base and just go to day school. Either or. (sorry for the massive explanation in my last post, wasn't sure if i'd explain it properly in the intro).

As for the weakness, that's definitely better! I like it :) Feel free to think on it if you like as you're making him up!

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draniei on Fri May 12, 2017 3:35 am

Hello, I'd like to reserve a character slot. And I guess I'd say that my favorite superhero movie was Doctor Strange, with the Dark Knight Rises as my close second.

Micah Rapson

Powers: Healing Others.
Weaknesses: Healing others is basically switching health, he switches his own health for the health (or lack thereof) of others. And he can only do it while making physical contact.
Face Claim: Josh Hutcherson

Short Biography: Micah's current age is 17, he first noticed his powers with one of his younger brothers, Lucas, when Micah was babysitting him at the age of 13. He had fallen outside in the backyard while taking too quick a turn around the large oak tree that had been there long before they moved in. Because of this attempted tumble through the tree, he had broken his right arm. He cried and screamed for Micah and Micah came out see what was wrong. Immediately, he picked him up and wished that it could've been him instead. Without delay, his right arm had a searing pain tear through it as he cried out and instinctively dropped Lucas, who had no more pain in his arm. He barely used his power, because of it's self-inflicted pain, and as a result his parents never really found out. It wasn't until very recently when Lucas sprained his ankle while playing soccer that he came to me and asked me to take it away like I did the last time. But, having a "freak" for a son didn't fit their ideal suburban existence. So, they did some legwork and found out about The Wardens, and they sent me to their youngest program, The New Guardians. Now he's here.

Draniei
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Fri May 12, 2017 3:50 am

Just fyi guys, you don't need to include pictures!

@WoefulFairies: You've missed the password. Also regarding Jewel's power, does her necromancy enable her to control spirits or just talk to them? If she can control them too, then I think her weakness needs to be expanded. If she can only talk to them, then I'd probably recommend thinking about picking a different skill. As a superhero, communing with the dead won't have that much use in the general scheme of things.

@Draniei: Firstly, I'm going to have to ask you to change face claim. Not a huge fan of Josh Hutchinson, sorry!! Secondly, your history isn't exactly how the new heroes are selected. The program was created to bring in individuals that had already shown qualities of being a superhero, whether with a mentor or by themselves. Think sidekicks to heroes. And similar to what I said to Woeful, you might need to give the power you've selected another think as I'm doubtful how applicable it would be to a superhero. Especially if he has nothing else and by healing others incapacitates himself, which youch! That's gotta hurt :p

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Fri May 12, 2017 5:26 am

hey, I'd like to reserve and would be really stoked if this set off. I don't really have a favorite super hero movie but I do love the Supergirl series a lot. But if there has to be a movie I did like Batman Returns cause I believe Mr. Freeze made that movie for me :3 any questions or anything; don't hesitate to let me know. I'm all about criticism and all that.

faceclame:
Spoiler: show

Charlotte Van der Veen

Powers: Umbrakineses
Weakness:
May be unable to create darkness/shadow, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
May have to be in sync with darkness, whether their own or the source of their power.
May become affected/corrupted through extended exposure.
Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
Light Manipulation and Light Generation are especially effective against this power.
I can also just make her power be able to keep other powers from working in a certain radius if just regular shadow manipulation is too much or too broad. I'm pretty flexible.

Weapons: Has a pistol and combat knife
Charlotte knows her way around a gun as well as a knife. She knows where vital areas are on the human body and can kill without hesitation. So when it comes to making hard decisions, Charlotte will do so without so much as a flinch. She believes in doing what has to be done without hesitation because in this world that hesitation can and will cost you your life.

Face Claim: Jodelle Ferland

Origin: Charlotte was first noticed as being "different" since she was in elementary. She often fell asleep in class because she was afraid to sleep at home. The girl kept complaining that there was a shadow, in her room, that acted on its own. That it didn't mimic her like a shadow should. Her parents tried getting all kinds of help for her, explaining it was just her imagination but she remained with this problem. That is until a few months later. It was as if she changed overnight--a complete flip in her personality.

Charlotte went from being a kind and happy little girl to being cold and not caring for others in any way. When she was in her later teen years she was often gone from her room at night. She would say, she was only doing what the shadow told her. That the shadow told her there were people that were evil and needed to be taken care of before they made the world a worse place. The shadows told her where she could find her weapons to fight this "evil". Police called Charlotte a vigilante of some sort. They didn't know her identity but they did know that people with powers or something else that made them different from the average citizen were being severely injured or worse. A lot of them were criminals but one of them went on record of saying the assailant was a young girl that had the ability to shut down their powers.

Edit: oh and the shadow that was interacting with Charlotte is different than the mentor superhero, Shadow.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Fri May 12, 2017 5:57 am

@VincentRayne: Is her power umbrakinesis or power nullification?

Shadow manipulation is definitely a very broad power, and if accepted she wouldn't be able to have complete control over everything listed in the superwiki. And, as it stands you're going to have to give me an actual weakness that inhibits her power because currently I don't think they balance out the strength of what she could do, especially as there's no guarantee that there would be a light manipulator. Also, not entirely comfortable with her origin. The New Guardians probably wouldn't invite someone who kills. Feel free to message me if you want to discuss any of these points.

@Everyone: Feel free to come up with origin stories that aren't them innately having these powers. I'm basically asking for the mini-blurb on their history in the reservations so that I can make sure we don't have too many of the same origins, so since we have a few of them being born with their powers, I'd recommend something else for anyone making new reservations :)

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draniei on Fri May 12, 2017 1:08 pm

@bombinate: Thanks for the reply. I was thinking a character arc similar to T.K. in the first season of Digimon, where he struggled with feelings of weakness and not being useful to the team until the big bad when he saves the day. As since Micah's power is basically switching health, he would grab a character who's fatally wounded and grabs the big bad and then switches their health, killing the big bad and saving the day. But, okay, I'll change it.

Also, can you give me an idea of an acceptable face claim so I don't have to keep on picking ones that you don't like?

How about his power is botanokinesis, he can control plants and mutate them to become panacea, natural cure all, the deadliest poisons or mutate them to become plant monsters. Very similar to Poison Ivy.

His weakness then would be of course that plants are weak to fire, as well as he needs full, 100%, mental concentration to use his power, if any part of that concentration is broken, even by a song stuck in his head, then he cannot use his powers.

And I'll rewrite his short bio if that power and weakness is accepted.

Draniei
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Fri May 12, 2017 1:31 pm

Hiya, I just wanna say your RP is hella awesome, and I definitely not going to miss this. BTW, Avengers have tons of fan and I'm one of them xD Here's my reservation post, hope you like it. Please tell me if I need any editing ~

Name
Haruto Shimazaki

Alias
Yuki (meaning 'snow' in Japanese)

Ability
Cryokinesis - Ice Manipulation

Weaknesses
Rendered useless if the blue crystal on the necklace Haruto wears is removed from him or is destroyed, although it can be repaired afterwards with a quick energy transfusion. Doesn't guarantee immunity to coldness and weakened in places that are too dry.

Face Claim
Teppei Koike

Info

The Shimazaki family is known as the one of the most prominent elemental bender clans in Japan, tasked with the duty to monitor and oversee the activities of the supernaturals within their country. They are also known for their capabilities to utilize their art through magical necklaces, crafted by themselves, which transform their innate "raw energy" into their gifted element. And, Haruto was born as youngest, yet with the most potentials, member of the clan. His childhood went on peacefully just like any other boys around him, with his parents and the elders in his family hiding the fact that they are elemental benders from him. When Haruto reached 15, his inner power is deemed matured enough, and during a traditional coming of age ceremony of his family, he was revealed of their supernatural powers and was bestowed with his own magical necklace.

The sudden discovery of the true nature of his family really came to him as a surprise, but Haruto eventually came to accept the fact that he is unlike the so-called normal out there. His gifted element also manifested as ice, something that has not been seen within his family for very long. He was taught with the basis as of how to properly bend his element, and although he still has a long way to go, Haruto tries his best to hone his ability everyday, getting more and more addicted and better at it the more he uses. When he was 17, there was a huge fire breakout in the school where he studied, and Haruto put his ability to good use, making quick work of the fire before there were any serious casualties. Unknowingly to him, a relative of his, called Hyouga (meaning 'glacier' in Japanese) was watching him during his visit in Japan. He introduced himself as a member of The Wardens, and offered to take Haruto up as an assistant, as well as a spot in their newest project, the New Guardians.

After much deliberation and encouragement from his family, Haruto accept the offer from Hyouga and move to New York City in the States with him. After having lived with the Warden for a while to get used to the new environment, he was given scholarship at an Academy known as Ascot. From here, he knew that his life had turned to a whole new chapter.

chrian.
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WoefulFairies on Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm

@bombinate I could have her control the dead if that would make her more useful. As for her weaknesses, I'm not too sure. do you have any suggestions? I'd like it to have something to do with the pendant Kali gave her but honestly I'm garbage at coming up with limitations.

WoefulFairies
Member for 7 years
Author Promethean Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri May 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Eyo, what a wonderful RP you've got here! I might even want to try my hand at it.

However, before I start reserving things, I have a question about a power combo I've thought of.

Right, so the idea I had. Invisibility, but only when she holds her breath, right? So deep breath, a moment passes, and then she blinks out. Then when she inhales again, she blinks back. So it's really a short term power. Also, for funsies, I was thinking about giving her asthma too, so she has to be very careful. Plus, the idea of a superhero whipping out an inhaler makes me chuckle.

However, I also wanted to give her a tech background too with l33t hackin' skilz. Well, maybe not l33t, but enough to make her useful, and something that should complement her short term power. (Cue Ghost in the Machine jokes) Anyway. Just wanted to ask before I started searching for resources and made an actual reservation post.

Also, just for giggles. My favorite superhero movie gots to be the newest Captain America one, because Spiderman. Though, my favorite superhero show is an anime, My Hero Academia.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Fri May 12, 2017 4:20 pm

@Woefulfairies & Draniei: Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss things, saves us having to brainstorm on the OOC. I'd rather hear your suggestions for FCs/weaknesses since it's your characters, but I can definitely help you via PM.

@Chrian Blaire: Welcome, welcome! Everything looks good. Teppei has such a baby face!! He's so cute. Love his history too. Lmao, my only concern is that your mentor's 'territory' might cross some of The Shadow's if he's based in NY, but then again the Wardens have transportation tech that'd let him teleport to certain places so all g. :P

@Talisman: I love that idea!! We need a hacker with l33t skillz (tbh I don't actually know what l33t means??) and her little added power adds a bit of spice to the character too!

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Fri May 12, 2017 4:38 pm

l33t is another term for elite. just in some computer language slang that looks cool where some letters are replaced with numbers. I learned all about this from an American manga named Megatokyo.

oh, and did you get my last PM? still don't know exactly what needs to be changed and what's okay since we were primarily brainstorming (i.e. me explaining the reasoning behind what I wrote).

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby тŠ½Ī±Ī·Ī±Ń‚ĻƒŃ• on Fri May 12, 2017 5:33 pm

Hello all !! :oo i'm thanatos, and i'm playing aldrel, who i'm really excited to share w everyone ! hence why this is so incredibly long omfg i'm so sorry, really :''))))

A L D R E L.. K R Z Y A L K I...aka...A E T H E R

i. powers :..aether manipulationā€” an ability characterized by its remarkably wide range of use. aether is a pure energy found in all areas of the universe. aldrelā€™s ability to manipulate aether is contained mostly to projectile attacks, melee weapon or barrier manifestation, and using it for flight. honestly, just think starfire from teen titans lol.

ii. weaknesses :..while the use of abilities like his is rather commonplace on his home planet, the change in atmosphere and the structurally different human form heā€™s in now have greatly restricted his ability. the strain on his body is more than it ever was, and since heā€™s a little rusty, he canā€™t utilize his powers for too long. if he exceeds his limits, he risks serious bodily harm. manipulating aether is a bit like taming a wild animalā€” it requires a massive amount of control and focus, and aldrel happens to be a little out of practice. sometimes he causes more destruction than the good heā€™s done can justify. perhaps the biggest restriction he struggles with is what he refers to as a ā€˜time outā€™ period. like how chemical reactions require an activation energy, so too does his ability to manipulate aether. in terms of a ā€˜battery recharge,ā€™ it takes about twelve hours from each time he ā€˜activatesā€™ his power, meaning if earlier in the day, he decided to use his powers to fuck around and a villain comes knocking a few hours later, you can count him out. additionally, heā€™s turned out to be pretty garbage at close contact or physical combat, so if anyone gets close enough, heā€™s more likely to flinch than to defend himself.

iii. skills :..he has some interesting alien tech on him, but most of it has turned out to be pretty useless for anything other than mundane tasks. his mentor & some other tech gurus have taken a crack at it, but its not earthly enough for people other than his kind to mod it (not yet, anyway), and he doesnā€™t know anything about how it functions.

iv. faceclaim :..byun baekhyun

v. origins :..aldrel is not of this world. he hails from a planet in the far off reaches of the milky way galaxy, one with vastly different technology and culture. masters of interstellar travel, the society he was born in found themselves deeply interested in discovering the customs and culture of other species. after many, many years, a government funded operation was launched, one that enabled elite groups of trained participants to travel to other inhabited planets, live among the natives, and report their findings back to the scientific institution. key in their ability to travel abroad undetected was a revolutionary piece of technology crafted by one the most brilliant minds the world had seen in millennia. the machine could reconfigure the genetics of anyone put through it to entirely alter their form and life functions to whatever other speciesā€™ specifications were plugged in. there was only one problem: the process put incredible strain on the body, and could only be done once per person. once someone went through the process, there was no going back.

aldrelā€™s parentā€™s patriots, sure, but they were also explorers at heart, and thatā€™s what really made them sign up for the program. aldrel didnā€™t have a voice. he was only 10 back then (the equivalent of 19 & Ā¾ earth revolutions) and he went where his parents told him. even if it was to some odd planet trillions of light years away from everything he was familiar with. they changed his body, left him without the proper tongue alignment to even speak his mother tongue, and gave him a few pieces of technology as the only trace back to his world. itā€™s been eight years, technically, but itā€™s really only been a few months by his sense of time, and heā€™s still having trouble adapting. sometimes, when itā€™s morning and he still hasnā€™t quite woken up yet, he startles when he looks into a mirror. to top it all off, his father died about a year ago (earth years that is) and aldrelā€™s having something of a conflict of mind and heart over it. his ashes deserve to be sent back to their home planet, he knows that. he also knows that they donā€™t have the tech for that, and itā€™s against the rules anyway. thatā€™s what his mom keeps telling him. but itā€™s not right, and heā€™s determined to find some odd bits and pieces of human tech he can work together to mod their communication pod enough to carry his father back to his home planet, his lack of tech understanding be damned. it was on one of his expeditions to find that tech, actually, that the man he would come to call his mentor discovered him. one thing led to another, and before he could really process what was happening, heā€™d signed on to join their ragtag group of young ā€œdefendersā€ (or something like that) in exchange for a promise that circuit would do all he could, with his powers and his brain, to help aldrel achieve his objective.
Last edited by тŠ½Ī±Ī·Ī±Ń‚ĻƒŃ• on Fri May 12, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

тŠ½Ī±Ī·Ī±Ń‚ĻƒŃ•
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby faceclaim on Fri May 12, 2017 5:36 pm

hey everyone!
          i'm faceclaim. i'll be playing Dorothy, or the Golden Girl. on the note of superhero movies, the first GotG movie is probably my favorite, but overall, i'm more of Young Justice and Teen Titans fan. anyway, let me drop a reserve here in the ooc!

DOROTHY "DOT" KING
          also known as the Golden Girl

AGE sixteen
          MENTOR the Silver Lady
          POWER Gold Mimicry, the ability to transform parts of or the entire body into gold.
          WEAKNESS Mimicking the properties of an element comes with its weaknesses. For instance, unless she turns her entire body into gold, the area that is transformed is much heavier than its original form, which is often times more than she can withstand. In her completely golden form, she would be unable to float, also due to the density of the gold. Even though the usual temperature to melt gold is much higher than a regular human can withstand, her ability leaves her with an oversensitivity to heat, so much so that prolonged exposure to high temperatures or open flame can be detrimental to her power, as well as her health.
          ORIGIN STORY Even before she was golden, Dorothy King was golden; the King of Gold company, that is. Her father inherited the Canadian mining company from his own father, and her mother created the new inheritor. Although Raymond and Delilah expected a male heir, their Dotty ended up being so much more than they ever imagined. It wasn't the dancing lessons or countless hours of gymnastics that earned her greatness, but an accident at the King of Gold Toronto location, where Dot plunged into a vat of melted gold and came out as the Golden Girl. This was a recreation of an accident that occured a year prior to Dot's own dive, where Miranda Argent, owner of the French silver company Argent Silver, fell into her own vat; unknown to the public, that is what made her the Silver Lady. The two became close after Dot's transformation, and have been working together as mentor and protƩgƩ for a year. Under the Silver Lady's guidance, she has joined the New Guardians and started attending Ascot Academy with the rest of her team.
          FACE CLAIM Darya Dogusheva

faceclaim
Member for 9 years
Author Promethean Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Fri May 12, 2017 6:34 pm

@Thanatos, and @faceclaim: Welcome, welcome. You already know I love your characters xx

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!