Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Land of Gods and Monsters

Agon Teams

a part of “Land of Gods and Monsters”, a fictional universe by Kohananinja.

It's the yearly competition for the students of Legacy Academy to show their merit and earn favor from the gods, but as a sudden coup to overthrow the Olympians unfolds, well laid plans fly out the window. Will you fight the god's attackers, or join them?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Land of Gods and Monsters”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Agon Teams

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu May 11, 2017 11:22 pm

Each year, the Gods host their annual Agon tournament within Olympia, allowing their offspring the chance to test their mettle, and earn favors from the gods and other demigods alike. Formation of teams is voluntary, and student driven. It is up to competitors to broker alliances for themselves into strategically advantageous teams of six, but every competitor fits one of the following categories:

Brain members as a category tend to be key strategists or leads for a team. Their strengths play into the knowledge they bring to the table and their abilities to out think any kind of puzzle challenges they come up against. One year the Agon was a massive labyrinth filled with monsters and riddles, so their importance to the group is not to be underestimated.

Brawn is typically the tank combative role. They do a lot of the heavy lifting when it comes to fighting, and a group's' offensive strategy tends to be built around them. If there is not at least two on a given team, they are in trouble.

Support is a more complicated category, but these team members have talents that lend themselves to acting as compliments to the group's more offensive members (ei: a child of Aphrodite using their ability to manipulate the emotions of the enemy to create an opening for their teammate to attack). Support members often times enter specifically with a brawn member because of their complementing abilities. Children of Demeter using their plant/weather based abilities to help heal or renew the group's supplies also hit into this category, as their role is literally to support the group.

Special is the broadest category, but covers members of the team with specialized abilities that may or may not give a team the winning edge. The visions of the future some children of Apollo have fit here, as well as the luck factor of Hestia's children, or Poseidon's ability to breath under water. That is not to say the team members in this role are incapable of combat, but their primary usefulness lies in their more unique talent.

How many of a single category a team chooses is up to them, but conventional wisdom suggests having at least two Brawns, and one Brain to man the helm. Most teams also are fond of giving themselves a team name to mark their place in history, and stand out from the other competing groups. Choose wisely young demigods, for peril lies on the path ahead.

*(On a side note, for the sake of flow and keeping the rate/ability to post up, I would suggest keeping the number of authors for each team at about 2-4. There can be exceptions of course, but I've found that is the magic number range that keeps a story from stalling out and dying.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Re: Agon Teams

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby mjolnir on Fri May 12, 2017 2:33 am

x
P O W E R x R A N G E R S xx
β€’ x t e a m x s o n g x β€’ x K o h a n a n i n j a x β€’ x S c a r . - x β€’ xx

x

x

xx.A B B Y00R A E00J A R V I S
xxxxxxxxxxxxr e dxr a n g e r x//x brawn

"You're gonna want to run now..."

L O T T I E0C A R M I C H A E L
xxxxxxxxxg r e e nxr a n g e r x//x special

"Uhhh...yeah! Grrr...?"

xxxxxxxxxxxxL U X00S L A D E
xxxxxx.xy e l l o wxr a n g e r x//x brawn

"Power Rangers... I'm a fucking genius."

xxxxxxx.xW E S L E Y00T A T E
xxxxxx.xx.xb l a c kxr a n g e r x//x brain

"...*sigh*...fucking Power Rangers..."

S E B A S T I A N00R H O D E S
xxxxxxx.xxp i n kxr a n g e r x//x support

"Jokes on you, I look awesome in pink."

R Y D E R0C H R I S T E N S E N
xxxxxx.xxxb l u exr a n g e r x//x support

"... whatever"

Image Image Image
xxR Y D E R x C H R I S T E N S E N
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ€’ x N P C x β€’ x Scar.- only x β€’

x
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xdionysus

a g o n x t e a mx // xpower rangers β€” support

a b i l i t i e sx // xmadness manipulation , xminor agrokinesis

s t r e n g t h sx // xshield combat , xdefense , xdiversions

w e a k n e s s e sx // xdrunk , xmelee combat , xeasily bored

h e xx // x#678773

f a c e c l a i mx // xrichard harmon
x
β€’ x annoyed x β€’ x indifferent x β€’ x motivated x β€’
x
Ryder didn't join this particular team by choice, more of a manipulative tactical move by Wes to get the team's second brawn a support. He has the abilities needed to balance out Lux Slade. That's his only use. He sits on the sidelines when it comes to the group dynamic. He has an indifferent air to him, not really caring too much about most of the groups decisions or arguments, which are more often than not. He does what he's told, relatively, and that's that. Aside from the manipulation, he only joined because he thought they had a fighting chance at winning. It doesn't bother him that he can't stand his group, as long as he doesn't die and they win. Sometimes, he even finds their bickering entertaining... As long as they don't have more pressing matters, like training or you know, death.

xxxxxxxxxC H A R L O T T E x C A R M I C H A E L
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ€’ x N P C x β€’ x Kohananinja only x β€’

x
x
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xdemeter

a g o n x t e a mx // xpower rangers β€” special

a b i l i t i e sx // xheightened sense of the environment , xchlorokinesis

s t r e n g t h sx // xmedical knowledge , xforaging , xrecovery

w e a k n e s s e sx // xweak , xmelee combat , xnot good with conflict

h e xx // x#abd4dd

f a c e c l a i mx // x amandla stenberg
x
β€’ x indecisive x β€’ x quiet x β€’ x modest x β€’
x
Lottie’s decision to join the Agon was a combination of flattery and persistence on the part of Wesley Tate, who spent the better part of a year securing the shy demigod’s agreement to join his team. Her immense and rather embarrassing crush on Sebastian Rhodes may have also been a factor. At sixteen, she is one of the youngest demigods to join the Agon this year, but she has a talent for medical studies, and is one of the top in her year for the field medic track. Generally, Lottie has a reputation for being shy and a bit klutzy, but is regarded universally as a kind soul. In the team dynamic, she can get a little lost among so many strong personalities, and usually tries to stay out of the decision making process, instead looking to Wes for direction

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Tue May 16, 2017 10:55 pm

xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB L A C K x V I P E R S xx
β€’ x t e a m x s o n g x β€’ x K o h a n a n i n j a x β€’ x S c a r . - x β€’ x g e m i n i b l u e s x β€’ x m a l o n e y c 1 6 x β€’ xx

x

x

xxxxxxxJ O A Q U I N00W O L F
xxxxxxxxxxxxh e p h a e s t u s x//x brain

"The biggest threat is the one overlooked."

xxxxxxx.xM A Y A00T O R R E S
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx.xapollo x//x special

"Cal...that's not how that works.
But hell yeah, WE GOT THIS!"

xxxxxC A L D E N00A R C H E R
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.z e u s x//x brawn

"HUMAN SHIELD BITCHES!
I'M COMING FOR YA!"

x.M A R I S O L E00N A D E A U
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.d e m e t e r x//x support

"Fucking flower power."

xxxxxxA C E00T H A T C H E R
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..a r e s x//x brawn

"Do I look like I give a fuck?"

xB E N J A M I N00H U G H E S
xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xhecate x//x special

"......"

xxxxxC A L D E N x A R C H E R
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ€’ x N P C x β€’ x Kohananinja only x β€’

x
x
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xzeus

a g o n x t e a mx // xblack vipers β€” brawn

a b i l i t i e sx // xenhanced physical strength , x
minor lightning control/immunity

s t r e n g t h sx // xmelee combat , xheavy lifting ,x
”human fucking shield bitches!”

w e a k n e s s e sx // xrash , xoverestimates his limits , x
picks fights

h e xx // x#ffdf42

f a c e c l a i mx // x colton haynes
x
β€’ x cocky x β€’ x over confident x β€’ x protective x β€’
x
Calden has been training to join the Agon since childhood, as his enhanced strength manifested earlier that considered normal, and he was forced to attend Legacy at a young age for everyone’s protection. As one of the strongest students on campus, no one was surprised to see him enter as a Brawn, though a few eyebrows have raised over his choice of group, as his ex is on the team as well. Whatever his motivation in joining that team, his goals remain clear; win the Agon, and wipe the floor with Abby Jarvis. Calden is a winner, and second place is simply the first loser. The fact that his is ranked second in anything combatively really pisses him off, and he’s never forgiven Abby for beating him at sword skills in class. The Agon will be the proving ground where he shows that little blonde bitch who really deserves Legacy’s top slot, and once Cal reclaims his rightful status, everything else will fall into place. On his team, Calden leaves the thinking work to Joaquin, but if he doesn’t like a decision, he is a loud and explicit voice of descent.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheNewb08 on Sat May 27, 2017 6:06 pm

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
T E A M X S U I C I D E X S Q U A D

❖t e a m s o n g ❖ S u n s h I n e x a n d xW h i s k e y ❖ T h e C r i m s on L a d y ❖ Οƒ Ο… ΞΉ ʝ Ξ± ❖ T he N e w b 0 8 ❖
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
xxxxxL A Y L A00 A T H E N E S
xxxxxxxxa t h e n a x//x brain
xxxx"I'm just trying to get you there."
H A R P E R00W A L S H
p o s e i d o n x//xb r a w n
"I'm so far from magical."

xxxxxF A B I A N 00G O N Z A L E Z
xxxxxxd e m e t e r x//x s p e c i a l
xx"I'll plant you right where you stand!"
xJ A C E00H O L M E S
h e r m e s x//x s p e c i a l
"Get ready for the Joker, Bitches!"

xxxxxB L A K E 00T A Y L O R
xxxa p h r o d i t e x//x s u p p o r t
xx"I'm as dangerous as I am beautiful!"
xV I N C E00D A R L I N G
h e r a x//x b r a w n
"Why am I always a Captain?"

TheNewb08
Member for 7 years
Author Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!