Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

EIDOLON: The Choosing

a part of “EIDOLON: The Choosing”, a fictional universe by >Marionette<.

Act 1 of a Super Powers Roleplay

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “EIDOLON: The Choosing”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Tue May 16, 2017 4:55 pm

OOC

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: EIDOLON: The Choosing

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Tue May 16, 2017 5:10 pm

I am in the process of transferring links from the old roleplay thread to the new, and only have the first few, but the ones still linked to the old tab are a good example of what you can expect in terms of powers etc.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Tue May 16, 2017 6:01 pm

I had a lot of fun during the last Eidolon, so you can count me in again.

Edit: Alright, so FC Devran Taskesen as a sweet Doctor (a remake of my last character), and then a female with FC Tashi Rodriguez :)
    (Let me know if I've forgotten anything for the reservation)

Edit no.2: I think I got overexcited, but I'm contemplating using FC Park Bo Gum in place of FC Devran. Still making a sweet doctor, but he'd be slightly different. I'll decide as I eventually work on the character. (If accepted :) )

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Wed May 17, 2017 9:11 am

Aloha!

So couple of questions. If I remake Rayne from the earlier version of this RP, does that mean his powers will end up the same or will you reroll it? Either way I'm going to be using him again cause I had plans! PLANS I SAY!

I also would like to create a second character of the more...criminal variety. Sort of an antagonist to the other heroes of the story, would this be alright?

As an aside, there's a number of images that seem to be broken. Just FYI.
Writing is a tool used to convey an author's passion and imagination, use it to the best of your ability.

Quakernuts
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Inspiration Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Wed May 17, 2017 10:27 am

hello there. So I guess I'm the new guy. I like the idea of the RP and it seems that this is an RP that will actually leave the ground unlike the others I've joined in the past couple months. And Quakernuts beat me to a question I was gonna ask. My character wouldn't/doesn't necessarily have to be the villain but they aren't a goodie-goodie.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 pm

So for those of you coming in for the second time you have a choice! Either you can keep your character's original powers or you can opt to keep them. Just let me know whatever you decide~

As for villains vs heroes, that's getting a little bit ahead of ourselves. Right now everyone is just a person, if they participate in criminal behavior or are an overall general asshole I doubt they do it on the scale of any true villainy that these people will be capable of once their powers set in - choices are made - and lines are drawn. I mean technically speaking Sebastian Prince, who is coming back, could be called a real life "villain" - but was generally a nice guy (just a drug king pin). Meanwhile his brother, who will be a full character this time around, was really really evil as a person. Neither would be called villains in the papers though they're just criminals.

So make a person first, and then see where having powers takes them.

PS: all the images are working on my end?? which ones are not showing up for everyone?

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Wed May 17, 2017 1:34 pm

The ones I'm noticing are the ones surrounding 'OOC' at the top of this forum and all the images underneath the 'Setting' section on the main page. It just has the broken img tag there.

Also yeah, I wasn't thinking full blown evil mastermind with his own legion of doom soldiers, but more along the lines of just a typical mafia goon who, when he figures out that he has powers, starts for a power grab that could culminate in something that might draw the attention of everyone else. If this is something you would prefer not to happen, or if you think I'm getting ahead of myself like you stated, I'll hold off until a better time or otherwise stated.

Also, I'll go ahead and say I'm sticking with Rayne's powers. One of the very few times I like lycanthropy because uncontrollable werewolf rage is a thing! TEAM JACOB!

I mean...no...who's that? I don't know...

Quakernuts
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Inspiration Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Wed May 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Ok real talk, the other twilight movies were shit but that last one knew what it was (a campy supernatural teen movie) and it did it well. I loved the alice future vision fight scene it was amazing. And tbh, like, the side characters were actually extremely interesting??? The mains suffered severely from general bluh which really confuses me because the side characters were really rich and interesting.

Are you keeping Rayne as Joe Flanigan? Is occupation and age gonna stay the same? I only ask so I can go ahead and make his graphic to go on the tab character cast thing

If you're gonna go mafia goon route can we please collab to have him/her be in the Vergara mafia? Just for the sake of not making things messy and drama plotty things. Opposing criminal empires could be a thing but if we're not careful it can be more unnecessarily complicated.

there's nothing under ooc besides my comic strip in my signature, is that what you mean?

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Wed May 17, 2017 2:13 pm

If you're not seeing it and no one else is, then don't worry about it. Maybe it's a glitch on my end, who knows.

And yes, I was going to keep Rayne pretty much the same (FC, occupation, age, etc). Normally I don't re-use characters but I don't see the harm in doing so this time round because WOLF! Also plans. MAINLY WOLF!

Sure, we can collab to make him a part of the Vergara family, if you don't mind having another mafia goon running around doing morally grey and black things. SUPER POWERED MAFIA GO!

Quakernuts
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Wed May 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Hope its showing up for everyone that'd suck if not

He's up "reserved" even though technically reservations aren't really necessary since there's no slots or limits on number of characters. I can't recall if we had many plans quaker I need to go searching through my pms to see about that because I think there was something??? but i can't remember, or maybe it was nothing and i'm just thinking that because our characters were the first to interact with one another

PM me with any ideas you have, your mafia goon could be as high as one of the lieutenants or as low as a distributor up to you~

Cloud once you figure out for sure your fcs and their occupation/age let me know!

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Okay damn, I'll let you know as soon as I've decided. Though you've just made my decision harder haha. I really liked Idris' powers last time... Hmm. Weighing keeping them against the fun of being given new ones... but then what if they're worse?? Lol, I'm so indecisive. I'll give it a good think and get back to you asap!

Edit: Alright, I've had a think, and I'll stick with my original Idris because he's a bit older and will balance out my younger girl.

FC: Devran Taskesen
    Name: Idris Demirci
    Job: Doctor
    I won't keep his powers from last time.

FC: Tashi Rodriguex
    Name: Asteria Rios
    Job: Law student
    If it's alright, I'll still use the character I made last time, with a few adjustments for the new FC, and I'd also like to keep her powers since they were badass. Let me know if changing the face claim negates the power offer though!

Edit no.2: If FC Tashi ends up being significantly younger than the rest of the cast I'll switch her out for an older character.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Wed May 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Yooo, this RP looks gorgeous. My poor heart can't take it.

Since I'm a new bunny, let me know and I can give you examples of what I've been in in the past (I regularly clean out all my old stuff since I've been in 80+ roleplays in the seven years I've been here--things would get messy if I didn't, but I can still find everything I've done.)

I'm thinking of a 24 year old named Riley Kunsden who works as a barista using Kristen Stewart as a FC. But not Twilight Kristen Stewart. New Kristen Stewart. So you won't have the only young character, Cloud ;p

How quickly should I try to get a CS up?

(Also, the images look fine to me, the problem might be that they aren't loading fast enough on your computer, Quaker, try right clicking them and see if they'll reload. That usually works for me.)
slcam plz

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Thu May 18, 2017 2:08 am

image looks fine to me as well. I've looked at some of the characters on the front so I thought I'd go on ahead try and add a younger character.

FC: Hirari Ikeda
Name: Junko Tanukana
Job: Musician

For the FC I was looking at weren't the ones of her with short hair. When her hair was longer. like this or this.

let me know if any more elaboration is needed or I just go on ahead and submit a character sheet.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 am

Hm, the images seem to have fixed themselves for me...that was weird. Don't know what caused it, but it's fine now so whatever I guess.

Marionette, is it alright if I just bring my CS over from the old Eidolon or would you prefer I write up one with the new format?

Also will let you know FC, age and such when I figure out who I want for the mafia goon guy and then we can collaborate on his involvement with the Vergara family.

Quakernuts
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Thu May 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Hello all. I suppose I'm also new to the Eidolon club here, how ya doin'.

FC: Caroline Proust
Name: Selene Gregory
Job: Unemployed

I figured I'd go for a character who hasn't had quite so much success at life after looking at the ones in the introduction.

druidquest
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Storyteller Novelist Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri May 19, 2017 1:06 am

I might end up taking an older character too once I've got my first two up, depending how I go!

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Fri May 19, 2017 4:22 am

I get off at a decent hour tomorrow so I'll sort out all the graphics that I didn't get to tonight and finish things up then, I also have the entire weekend off! for once dear god So I expect that's when I'll square away everything.

Quaker feel free to re-write or re-word anything you like about your character but I do need it to be in the new character sheet format. If you want to check out Seb I'm basically copy and pasting a lot of things.

I support both kristen stewarts, not her fault bella swan was dry despite having the last name swan get it heh, cause lakes...and swans they swim on lakes...no it wasn't funny i know - to both pie and cloud, feel free to make young characters!

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri May 19, 2017 5:32 am

Woohoo for time off! If only that was me. Jk, I'm a uni student, who needs to study when I can work on my chars instead. I'll drop a reservation for my older character whenever I find a good face claim/ get inspired.

Oh and on the graphics, they all load for me, but the x slots for the characters don't all fit on the page. Which might just be the difference between a mac and windows since I've had friends who've had the code look fine on their end, but then funny to me.

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Fri May 19, 2017 5:45 am

they fit for me. but i remember when I first came across this RP they were a little scattered. Also I'd like to ask for patience for my CS in the sense of I will be editing it quite a bit because I'm not able to view the work in progress as I'm editing it. So I go back to see the picture sizes and things like that. I'll work on getting it submitted tonight or tomorrow.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri May 19, 2017 5:55 am

VincentRayne, what I do is open up a new 'submit new character' and copy a section of the sheet into it so that you can see the code and work on it without having to go back and forth. Then just copy it back into your sheet when you're done. If that's any easier :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!