Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Lumaire Nights Remixed

Lumaire Nights Remixed

a part of “Lumaire Nights Remixed”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

Cyberpunk roleplay. The year is 2075. What stories will you tell? [Open/Reboot of the original Lumaire Nights.]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lumaire Nights Remixed”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Lumaire Nights Remixed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Hey folks, welcome to Lumaire Nights. Let me confess, I haven't written any sci-fi cyberpunk stuff in awhile, so consider me rusty. Hope that won't be a problem, and I won't judge you guys too harshly, you know pot-kettle-black-blegh. I'm pretty lax on grammar and spelling. As long as I can understand what you've written then we're good. Obviously, if you hold yourself too rigorous standards because you want to be a writer/novelist etc. then that's cool too. My only peeve is formatting, just make sure that you make each dialogue line a separate paragraph. That will probably be my first and only rule regarding formatting.

If you guys have any questions, fire me a pm or ask it here.

Cool?

Okay, ciao.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Re: Lumaire Nights Remixed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:24 pm

VindicatedPurpose wrote:Obviously, if you hold yourself too rigorous standards because you want to be a writer/novelist etc. then that's cool too.

Talk about proof of concept...ha.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to add to notes, some additions were made to the introduction page under the Setting and Format.

I also added a rule, which I figured would have been explained in the future, but better now than later I guess. So with NPCs, given the nature of this RP, the ones on the list can't be touched (plot armor), but any NPC that is written IC without a spot in the list is pretty much fair game for anything that you guys want to do to them. It is inhumane, but...well, yeah, it is inhumane.

There is an extended history, but I figured I would shelve that until you guys really needed the details. Until then, feel free to make up stuff.

As far as augmentations go, lasers are not cyberpunk, so that's a no. However, things like optical enhancements, robotic limbs, a shotgun instead of a hand, stuff like that are fair game.

Also, a group of 3 or 4 would be great, but I'd prefer to start soon.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hollywood on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:19 am

Duuuuude, you rebooted Lumaire! Count me tf in! Everything looks great and super interesting! It might take me a little bit to come up with a character, but I'm so up for this. The characters are.. like, original, right? They aren't like.. ah, what's a way to say it? I noticed before on here and in some roleplays in general people will make a list of characters with names and faceclaims already provided and you had to pick from their list. That's not the case here, is it? I mean, I'd still be interested but I usually am disappointed by those kinds of set ups. :'^)

hollywood
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Promethean World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 am

Rebooted? Remixed? Reduced?

Maybe not that last one. Haha, glad to have you with us hollywood. Oh, noooo. No list. All characters are certified originals, so, I'm sorry to say this doctor, you'll have to make your own.

I don't have a preference either way for face claims or concept art since I'm already mixing them among the NPCs. Take your pick, and I look forward to checking those character sheets.
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:15 pm

It's bad etiquette to double post, and it's even worse to break that rule twice.

Call me a scumbag if you need to.

Someone brought up a great question today. On augmentations, I don't really have a range or any specifications as you guys may have noticed. It's up to your imagination, but I trust everyone to be reasonable.

Disruptors.

If you feel like letting your character get full augged, just know that these exist. They work solely to "disrupt" augmentations and they come on the cheap, which makes them easily available. Everything comes with trade-offs, and weighing the risks makes for good story-telling.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:15 pm

Hey guys I wanted to add some some more notes (when will this guy stop talking).

Added some more stuff on the front. I think most of the information will be localized in three places, the front page, the places tab, and the NPC characters. It makes it easier for me to edit and add stuff when I need to.

If I could get an eta from everyone on character sheets that would be swell so I can get to reading them. On top of that I'm sitting on a first post right now that needs some finishing touches by way of your characters.

Anything else let me know.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Summer in the City on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Hey, checked this out via your post in the RPers Wanted forum. It looks really fun, albeit way, wayyy out of my comfort zone in terms of genre. I'll start kicking around some ideas for a character and if I like him/her I might give it a try!

Really nice work on this either way!
[font=times new roman][center]We're living in a den of thieves
Rummaging for answers in the pages...

Summer in the City
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:13 pm

Summer in the City- Thanks so much and don't let the genre put you off. I've always considered it fun and pulpy. Since we'll all share the driver's seat story-wise this can go in plenty of directions.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Something about cyberpunk that scares people I guess.

We'll start when we have at least two more players, I don't want Emmett to be doing all the missions himself.

I've got a few good ones lined up to start with, I think. As always guys, I'm around if you have any questions.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dae Mec on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:59 pm

This sounds amazing, and I'd love to join! I'm thinking maybe... a cop with a robot arm/leg/limbs and an affinity for mechs? *Oooh, scratch that, I think a robot-eye would be cooler. Would you like me to go ahead and submit a character?
“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”

Dae Mec
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Thanks Dae Mec, and sure send me whatever you have.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:59 pm

Just waiting on one more brave soul to finish their character sheet before we can get started. Thanks everyone, especially Quaker, for being so patient.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:52 pm

Hey Quaker and Dae Mec, since you guys have already been accepted, I wanted to get your opinions.

I like the characters that you guys have. This isn't Emmett's first rodeo, and our Nueva Miami chica looks like she's gonna bust some chops.

But anyway, I mentioned before that I would wait until we had at least three players. Keep in mind that this roleplay is already going to be a slow burn, which is why I don't want to wait any longer than necessary in order to start this. Several folks have already lined up with works in progress that have, unfortunately, remained works in progress for awhile.

So would you guys be up for waiting or do you want to start? I'm perfectly fine with either. Even if we started now people could join us later on, maybe once they see how this thing works, they'll get a better picture. Quaker your opinion will weigh heavier since you've waited the longest besides me.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:05 pm

I'm fine with either way. I've reached out to a few people to see if their interested, so hopefully that pulls in a couple more people.
Writing is a tool used to convey an author's passion and imagination, use it to the best of your ability.

Quakernuts
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Inspiration Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:02 pm

You've been really patient Quaker and I appreciate that. This roleplay's meant to be flexible and I can take more people on board as we move forward.

I'll have a post up in a day. For those of you who are still working on characters,if you manage to get your character in before then, sweet, if not, don't sweat.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dae Mec on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Yeah, that sounds great! The wonderful format of this RP means that we can always add more people if need be. I really appreciate you doing this, VindicatedPurpose. I look forward to seeing the post!

Dae Mec
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheHaze on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:28 pm

This is amazing! I'd like to make a character for this. I'm not the best at setting up character sheets, formatting-wise, so I'm not going to be able to do crazy fonts (unless instructed how to, I guess), but I hope my writing will make up for it!

TheHaze
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Maiden Voyager Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:20 pm

@DaeMec

Yeah, I mean given that this roleplay is a slow burn, a quick and solid start is kind of necessary. I'll have the post up in the morning I reckon.

@TheHaze

Thanks mate. Sure go ahead and send in a character. Character sheet out front is straight forward. The notes pretty much cover everything as I don't have a style preference so have fun messing around. Just so you know, we're starting in a day, so don't rush yourself in completing a character.

At the end of the day there's no competition, as we're looking for storytelling and collaboration with characters ripe for development.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Alright folks, let's welcome our newest character, the legless enforcer with a thick quasi-Russian accent.

Simultaneously, our first set of jobs is up. I'll let you guys read it before I offer explanations or answer any questions. Jobs work on a first come first serve basis. Just make sure you indicate in the OOC which job you are taking. Each has a quirky title to set them apart.

I like the fact that each of the characters are different, and I think you'll approach the problems in different ways. I will say that this also means we're live now, and we all share the driving seat creatively. The point is that the story is adaptable and reacts to the posts you guys make. While I initially wanted to have the first set of jobs be to establish your characters in this world and let things settle, I thought we could try to go for some of the main "plot" missions I have set up. It's no guarantee that you guys will hit one of my plot threads right away, and if you don't, it'll be fun improvising.

I won't start writing epilogues until all missions are in.

Lastly, I just noticed that Emmett drives a Nerolean, not sure if that's short for Neo-Delorean, but that's nice if it is.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:31 am

I will take the Omega41 187 case. Sounds like a serial killer is on the loose! YAAAAY!

I mean...that's horrible, they're horrible, they deserve to be put away!

Quakernuts
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Inspiration Tipworthy Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!