Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Through New Eyes

Suggestions

a part of “Through New Eyes”, a fictional universe by Crystal Flamedance.

Atira has always been peaceful. What happens when a curse is cast over a small village within this land?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Through New Eyes”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Suggestions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:07 pm

This OOC forum is specifically for any suggestions or ideas you may have for this rp. Feel free to put any ideas you have here, so I can look through them, and we can discuss them as a group. I look forward to seeing what ideas we can come up with together!
Hi peoples! If you're interested in a rp partner, let me know. Im always looking for a new rp to get into!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Re: Suggestions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:24 am

Okay, so we're working on getting the characters to meet up, but I wanted to ask fo your opinions as to how we might work on getting towards the end goal. I could only come early up it an idea to have another Pokemon that might know more, or a nearby trainer that saw it from a distance, but wasn't unaffected because he/she was too far away. I'm definitely open to other suggestions, though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:20 pm

I think as far as the mid-term game goes, I think there should be a plot point where the humans-turned-Pokemons should come to realize that there isn't going to be any quick fix to their problem, if there even is a fix. That is when they have to start learning their new forms. As far was what tips them off to that grim fact, maybe it could be a trainer Pokemon who was left behind and saw it all from her house?

Maybe a little while after that the same person/Pokemon who revealed that their situation was hopeless can come along and offer a quest hook for a solution?

Krypt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:55 pm

See...I had changed Luna's character profile to include a brother, just in case. I just thought it'd be really weird/funny to meet his sister...and not realize it's her. But I'm not entirely sure. I do agree that before anything, there needs to be a point where the humans realize they're Pokemon and need to learn to survive and live as humans.

Now, I actually didn't plan for this other person/Pokemon to have seen the village under attack, whether or not I use he brother. I just thought one random person/Pokemon might have seen the light...and maybe went to look into it? I'm still trying to get details figured out before anything, and even before they get to that point, the humans need to learn to be Pokemon. Which means there's plenty of time to either figure out details about this idea, or come up with a different one. I was just thinking ahead, it all.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:47 am

So, first, I would like to apologize for not getting a post out as early as I would have liked. I've been a little busy, really. But that's only part of the reason. I've been trying to figure out a way to get this rp moving elsewhere. I mean, it's been all talking, and not much else. And I'm not sure how long this training will last for Luna. I guess...I'm just trying to find a way to get us out of the village, and on the way to figuring out what happened, and trying to turn human again.

Which leads me to my next question. Since there are potentially ways for others to enter the rp later on, how do we move things along? I will get around to posting as soon as I can, since I only have the computer for a limited time, which is almost up. But I am working on a post, I promise!

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:05 pm

No problem about the delay, I've been pretty busy myself lately. I was noticing the same thing about the story, it's starting to get a bit bogged down in just dialogue with no new action to keep it fresh. I agree that some kind of new adventure needs to be embarked on if we're going to keep things moving.

Perhaps the first thing is a quick timelapse? Even just a day or two would help cut down the repetitive training. I think there's gotta be some kind of NPC or something that comes along knowing about the incident that interests Luna. Maybe there is a wave of villages across the region that this is happening, and finding where it is happening next will help Luna figure out what is causing it?

Krypt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:02 pm

Sorry, will edit post soon, probably tomorrow, when my grounding has ended. I'm just sneaking this in real quick before I get caught.

I like the timeskip idea. It will definitely help move things along. Perhaps by then, she's learned the basics, possibly nothing bigger than a small ember as far as fire goes? I was actually thinking either a NPC, or a newspaper or something that gets blown through. Something for Luna to find?

Anyway, my grounding will be done tomorrow, so I will try to edit my post then, to include a timeskip, and get things moving.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Now that we are getting started on our journey, I was thinking that perhaps we could have an encounter with a couple of other wild Pokemon, maybe in the upcoming plains? It might be interesting if we have a small battle with them, especially if they are rock or something that our fire types are weak too. I don't imagine the fight going too well for us, but it could be a good milestone on the journey to break up purely dialogue posts.

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:20 pm

That sounds like a good idea. Things have to get a little rough for the characters, otherwise it gets pretty boring. I can't imagine a rock type on the plains, though. I wonder if, maybe, we find a water type near a small lake, pond, or river? Still a weakness for our types, so still a difficult battle. A little more likely, too. I can try to start getting that set up for Luna and Flare.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:42 pm

Water type sounds like a good option. Looking forward to it.

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 pm

I know I suggested the water Pokemon, but now I'm just not sure which Pokemon to put in. :P I'm open to suggestions, as to what kind of water type Pokemon lives in the lake...I'm sorry I'm so unsure of things like this. I really need to work on planning hings out better, I guess.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:34 am

Unfortunately, despite being in a Pokemon RP, I'm not that well versed in all that many Pokemon, especially after gen. 2. Perhaps a pair of incredibly feisty Mudkips? I would think something that wasn't restricted to the water would be ideal, because if was just a Magikarp I'm pretty sure Flare and Luna could just walk away from the pond.

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!