Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Project Oddity

Project Oddity

a part of “Project Oddity”, a fictional universe by NethanielShade.

In 1979, the first parahuman, a human with "super powers", appeared. It is widely believed that they did not come out of hiding, but simply started existing then. Today, roughly 1 in 7,000 people on the planet are a "parahuman."

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Project Oddity”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Project Oddity

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:22 am

If you're reading this, the roleplay is a WIP. This post will be edited once that is no longer the case. I still have to add world information, and make a vital character or two, before other people should start making characters. I will also be posting in roleplayers wanted once this is no longer WIP, in a day or two.

This roleplay is now open. Please use this OOC area for discussion and to ask any and all questions about the roleplay! Welcome to Project Oddity.
Last edited by NethanielShade on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Project Oddity

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Owl Eyes on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:01 am

I love this concept. I'll be looking out for when you're ready to accept characters. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Owl Eyes
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fate0013 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:18 pm

I am very interested in this RP and will be waiting for when it's no longer WIP. This looks fun :)

Don't worry, I have no idea whats going on either

fate0013
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YuumanN on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:57 am

fate0013 wrote:I am very interested in this RP and will be waiting for when it's no longer WIP. This looks fun :)

+1.

YuumanN
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HolyJunkie on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:54 pm

YuumanN wrote:
fate0013 wrote:I am very interested in this RP and will be waiting for when it's no longer WIP. This looks fun :)

+1.

I'd rather not copy people.
I say, as I plus-one. Comically, I am unaware of the hypocrisy.
Purple haze, runnin' through my brain. Lately, things don't seem the same.

HolyJunkie
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby skeletalprince on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:33 pm

Count me in!

+ 1

"Your smile is what saved me!"

skeletalprince
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:34 am

The roleplay can now be considered open! Woo! I have my first character up, and enough world information for others to make characters. More info will be added, and I also have to make my first post (probably tomorrow) but for now, get cracking and show me your characters.
@Owl Eyes
@fate0013
@YuumanN
@HolyJunkie
@sleletalprince

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 am

Just popping in here to say I'm also interested. Might not have something up until the weekend, but hey, this at least gives me a chance to scope the playing field and make sure not to double up too much on a concept. Looking forward to potentially working with you all.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Octopi Queen on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:40 am

Hey everyone! Just dropping in to say I'd also be really interested in joining if you'd take me! I'd love to work with you all.

The Octopi Queen
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 pm

The more the merrier! Make your characters whenever; I'll start posting tonight after work, hopefully

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wisteria Cresting on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 am

I'm probably going to make two characters, a boy and a girl who are brother and sister if that's alright. ^.^

Wisteria Cresting
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:57 am

That's perfectly fine; I look forward to seeing your submissions.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fate0013 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Finally finished my character. cant wait to join and see where this story goes :)

fate0013
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 am

Alright, finally finished my character despite a lack of sleep. Hopefully she's up to snuff/the last bits aren't too incoherent from my delirium. I'll give it a bit of a proof/once over tomorrow, but the proper bulk of the content should be all done.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Tanman, I accepted you character. Everything appears to be in good shape, except one detail. Your "Changer" classification would actually be more of a Breaker ability. The difference between the two is that a Changer would change something about the living parts of their body, like shapeshifting, but breakers usually have temporary or permanent states that are more power-generated. Someone who could turn their body into fog, water, or shadow would earn a Breaker rating. The way your power seems to work is that Tess changes to another form identical to her regular form without clothes, but with a suit of "hard" light. The fact that this light can be altered or repaired doesn't really make it more Changer than Breaker.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:45 pm

@NethanielShade

Fair enough, my mistake. Easy fix though. In fact, consider it already fixed. I may reverse engineer some minor Changer power at some point to match her personal issues, but for now, I'm satisfied to go without. I'll try to post up something after work this morning.
Last edited by Tanman on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby skeletalprince on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Working on my character still! Just give me until Wed please!!

skeletalprince
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Heya. I might be interested in joining and giving roleplay a go once more. Happen to have a Discord channel? I like maintaining contact with other roleplayer using that.

Also, I'd like to have a better understanding of the roleplay's premise. I mean, you've described the world, yes, although it's left a little vague as to where our characters are supposed to come in and what their role in the story is, or what the main plot is about. I'd just like to have a better understanding of that in order to make a good character accordingly.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:16 pm

@Lloyd999 My discord ID is #8851. As to the roleplay's premise, you are to start in Capetown, TX, a city in West Texas with a small population of about half a million, but ranking #5 in the nation for amount of parahumans in a city. As a result, the city has the huge diversity you'd expect from one of the nation's most famous cities. Gangs, territory controlled by villains, law enforcement both mundane and superpowered, and a superhero's headquarters help define the tug-of-war of power in this sandbox of a city. The overarching plot contains major spoilers, but to tease the mind a bit; The titular "Project Oddity" will play a large role, as will the ominously mentioned "Abhorrents."

At first, this roleplay will be treated as a sandbox, and once everyone is in and has their bearings, players may be swept up into the plot if they so choose (in fact, it will be hard to ignore the plot as the destruction of the city is likely inevitable).

@everyone; I finally have the Roleplayer's Wanted post for this roleplay up. It doesn't contain much information that you don't already know, but still something to read if you're interested! roleplayers-wanted-for-project-oddity-t105464.html

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Never mind. Changed my mind. Ignore this <3

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!