Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Assassin's Pledge: Devastation”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

AP: Devastation General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 am

Welcome everyone. For some reason now I can edit this post. Must have been the cache or something. Lol.

Anyway, here is where we will hold our general discussion for the RP or just shoot the breeze!

Welcome!!
Last edited by KumoriRyuu on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: Assassin's Pledge: Devastation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryLime on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:15 am

Hello~

I'm new to the site and this roleplay has been the first one to catch my eye. I'm considering making a character for this RP if that's alright.

My idea is a smithy from Veilbrand, one who's part of the rebellion and possibly the daughter of the co-founder of the rebel faction in Veilbrand. She's sincere, a bit stubborn, and skilled at crafting weapons.

Since I don't want her stuck in Veilbrand, I thought I'd have her leave the nation in search of old comrades and those who might be willing to aid in the rebellion(the rebel force has been narrowed down quite a bit so she's decided to search for allies outside of Veilbrand).

Would that be an acceptable character? If so, getting the name of the current ruler of Veilbrand and perhaps some more details about the country would be appreciated!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StrawberryLime
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeartfeltWords on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:07 am

I submitted a character! Let me know what you think or if anything needs to be tweaked. This seems like it could be really fun. Looking forward to starting right in.

HeartfeltWords
Member for 13 years
Friendly Beginnings Author Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:41 am

StrawberryLime wrote:Hello~

I'm new to the site and this roleplay has been the first one to catch my eye. I'm considering making a character for this RP if that's alright.

My idea is a smithy from Veilbrand, one who's part of the rebellion and possibly the daughter of the co-founder of the rebel faction in Veilbrand. She's sincere, a bit stubborn, and skilled at crafting weapons.

Since I don't want her stuck in Veilbrand, I thought I'd have her leave the nation in search of old comrades and those who might be willing to aid in the rebellion(the rebel force has been narrowed down quite a bit so she's decided to search for allies outside of Veilbrand).

Would that be an acceptable character? If so, getting the name of the current ruler of Veilbrand and perhaps some more details about the country would be appreciated!

Hi there!

Thanks for your interest in the RP!

I'm perfectly fine with your character idea.

I will work on putting together some of the important info about Veilbrand's leader and provide it for you here when it's ready.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:43 am

HeartfeltWords wrote:I submitted a character! Let me know what you think or if anything needs to be tweaked. This seems like it could be really fun. Looking forward to starting right in.

Hello there. I do not see your character. Are you sure you submitted the character to the RP? If you did I should see it in the "Characters Pending Approval" section, but I do not see it anywhere.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:55 pm

StrawberryLime wrote:Getting the name of the current ruler of Veilbrand and perhaps some more details about the country would be appreciated!

Okie dokie. Here is the information you'll need about the current dictator of Veilbrand and what the current social and political atmosphere is like in the nation:

* The dictator's name is Egruus To' Veilbrand. He is currently 48 years old and is a powerful man who ascended to power by challenging and killing the previous ruler in single combat. He is a brilliant military tactician and was a General in the Veilbrand army before his ascent to power, so he's not a man to be trifled with nor will he be easy to oust from his position. He knew that his ascent would come with those who wanted him gone, and he knows about the rumors of the growing rebellion and he has taken measures to ensure he's prepared for if and when it happens.

* Socially, the people hate this man. He has raised taxes to the point where the homeless now comprise roughly 46% of the civilian population. They just can't pay anymore, so they've all lost everything and now live off the land and off what they can scavenge and scrounge from the trash or by stealing it. Even the nobility aren't fond of him because he's raised taxes on them as well and barred them from participating in politics the way they used to with the previous dictator. They can pay and they won't go homeless anytime soon, but still they're not fans of his.

* Politically the other four nations are tolerant of him, but wary. They have warned him that, given his military background, any aggressive acts will be met with rapid and aggressive response. He has more or less isolated Veilbrand and essentially imprisoned his own people there as his tax slaves while he gorges himself on the riches and enjoys a life of unparalleled luxury.

That's who you're dealing with in Veilbrand, and that's who your character will be fighting to oust. He's not going to go down easily, nor will he go down without a very brutal fight.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Re: AP: Devastation General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrossKnight35 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Yahoo! Stopping by to let you know that me and a friend are interested in making a character for this one. Seems like you've really invested yourself in this setting quite a bit, really dug the concise yet diverse world building.

Quick question though, is the whole Veilbrand Rebellion thing going to be a particularly prominent part of the story?

CrossKnight35
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 pm

CrossKnight35 wrote:Yahoo! Stopping by to let you know that me and a friend are interested in making a character for this one. Seems like you've really invested yourself in this setting quite a bit, really dug the concise yet diverse world building.

Quick question though, is the whole Veilbrand Rebellion thing going to be a particularly prominent part of the story?

I wasn't planning on it taking a HUGE part of the RP's story, but depending on what you, your friend, and StrawberryLime want to do I might decide to make more room so it at least has a solid Arc dedicated to it.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryLime on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:53 am

Hmm, ideally I'd like my character (her name is Rose) to be able to either achieve her goal at bringing enough allies together to overthrow Veilbrand's dictator at some point (if that's actually a possibility).

I'm going to be focusing more on her journey from Veilbrand in search of comrades to aid in the rebellion though. I planned on her starting out alone, but of course if you have any ideas, Cross, then you can PM me or bring them up here(whichever is preferred by GM).

PS, I should have my chara WIP in by tomorrow!
Her name is Rosalind Van' Hest and I'm using Milla Maxwell from Tales of Xillia for her FC.

StrawberryLime
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:43 am

'Ello, I'm CK's aforementioned friend. I was planning on having my character be operating in Veilbrand, smuggling in weapons for the rebellion, however I'm debating on going with something else, given the high probability of the action going on elsewhere. Definitely something with sneaking and thievery in mind, though.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:38 pm

StrawberryLime wrote:Hmm, ideally I'd like my character (her name is Rose) to be able to either achieve her goal at bringing enough allies together to overthrow Veilbrand's dictator at some point (if that's actually a possibility).

I'm going to be focusing more on her journey from Veilbrand in search of comrades to aid in the rebellion though. I planned on her starting out alone, but of course if you have any ideas, Cross, then you can PM me or bring them up here(whichever is preferred by GM).

PS, I should have my chara WIP in by tomorrow!
Her name is Rosalind Van' Hest and I'm using Milla Maxwell from Tales of Xillia for her FC.

Your intended course fine with me.

In fact I'm starting to like the rebellion in Veilbrand more and more as an Arc idea, and I'm thinking we can actually open the RP with it. The Red-Eyed Demon will have his reasons to be in Veilbrand anyway, as there is one major Te'i Sai headquarters in each nation which he aims to take down. I'm thinking that it could be this headquarters an the Master running it who secretly helped give the latest dictator his power and silently aided his quest for power. While the Red-Eyed Demon tangles with Te'i Sai in the shadows and out of mind, Linde and the others tangle with the dictator in a kind of parallel dance with death.

What do you think?

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Gamer_Templar wrote:'Ello, I'm CK's aforementioned friend. I was planning on having my character be operating in Veilbrand, smuggling in weapons for the rebellion, however I'm debating on going with something else, given the high probability of the action going on elsewhere. Definitely something with sneaking and thievery in mind, though.

Glad to meet you.

As I mentioned with StrawberryLime, I'm thinking that the RP can open with the Arc that focuses on the rebellion in Veilbrand. It won't detract from the story at all so we may as well take some time to enjoy major character development and story arcs.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryLime on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:54 pm

I wouldn't mind having an arc dedicated to the Veilbrand rebellion! I'm on the fence about starting with it right away, but then again I assume we wont jump right into the middle of an uprising.

The point of my idea of having Rose leaving Veilbrand is because the number of rebel members has decreased over the years due many leaving or giving up after a tragic defeat when the faction first flared up when Rose was barely a toddler(going into her history a bit here). She leaves with the plan to recruit allys to aid in the rebellion and to maybe persuade some old members to return.

Maybe in her doing that, The Red-Eyed demon catches wind of her through bar talk or overhears her in one of her attempts to persuade someone and (huge plot space) this leads to the eventual Veilbrand coup d'etat?

Thoughts?

StrawberryLime
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:04 am

StrawberryLime wrote:I wouldn't mind having an arc dedicated to the Veilbrand rebellion! I'm on the fence about starting with it right away, but then again I assume we wont jump right into the middle of an uprising.

The point of my idea of having Rose leaving Veilbrand is because the number of rebel members has decreased over the years due many leaving or giving up after a tragic defeat when the faction first flared up when Rose was barely a toddler(going into her history a bit here). She leaves with the plan to recruit allys to aid in the rebellion and to maybe persuade some old members to return.

Maybe in her doing that, The Red-Eyed demon catches wind of her through bar talk or overhears her in one of her attempts to persuade someone and (huge plot space) this leads to the eventual Veilbrand coup d'etat?

Thoughts?

Not a bad idea.

My original plan wasn't to have the rebellion actually in progress yet. It's just at the planning phase. So Rose searching for allies and anyone who is of a like mind that the dictator needs to go fits right in.

We can play it slow and by ear as we get started. Rose will encounter Linde before she encounters the Red-Eyed Demon who is off doing his own thing now, so there's plenty of time to get him involved later on. Like I said in an earlier post (or on the RP's main page) the Red-Eyed Demon will be a presence who pops in and out and isn't a main character so much as a tool for me to keep the RP's story on track when needed.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Also everyone please do be communicative. Try to pop into this discussion page once per day and drop a line to let everyone know what's up.

Long lapses of communication typically don't end well for RP's.

Thanks!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrossKnight35 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Hmmm, alright then!

I have two character ideas right now that I'm still mulling over. To keep it short, one is a con artist who pretends to be a mage in a magic-less world, selling fake charms, giving baloney fortune tellings, and using an array of special effect tricks to swindle people out of their hard earned money.

The other, is a wandering knight errant from Cre'Est, utterly dedicated in the pursuit of justice and righteousness, who believes that the Red-Eyed Demon should be apprehended, unaware of the shadowy war between assassins.

An alternate idea for the knight above, was that she is a Veilbrand soldier who admires the King thanks to his record as a general, and believes that despite his brutality, he is the best for the country. As the story goes on, her eyes will be opened to the truth....

CrossKnight35
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:46 pm

Boy, do I know how lack of communication kills RPs. Very well, I did have a question for you. Character sheet's about halfway done right about now, by the way. Hoping to get it all ready over the weekend.

I've been curious as to how surnames work in this setting. Looks like a short bit, followed by an apostrophe, a space, then the rest of the surname. Do you have any further notes on that somewhere? Because that might help some of us out when creating our characters.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:25 pm

CrossKnight35 wrote:Hmmm, alright then!

I have two character ideas right now that I'm still mulling over. To keep it short, one is a con artist who pretends to be a mage in a magic-less world, selling fake charms, giving baloney fortune tellings, and using an array of special effect tricks to swindle people out of their hard earned money.

The other, is a wandering knight errant from Cre'Est, utterly dedicated in the pursuit of justice and righteousness, who believes that the Red-Eyed Demon should be apprehended, unaware of the shadowy war between assassins.

An alternate idea for the knight above, was that she is a Veilbrand soldier who admires the King thanks to his record as a general, and believes that despite his brutality, he is the best for the country. As the story goes on, her eyes will be opened to the truth....

If you're up for it, how about both?

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Gamer_Templar wrote:Boy, do I know how lack of communication kills RPs. Very well, I did have a question for you. Character sheet's about halfway done right about now, by the way. Hoping to get it all ready over the weekend.

I've been curious as to how surnames work in this setting. Looks like a short bit, followed by an apostrophe, a space, then the rest of the surname. Do you have any further notes on that somewhere? Because that might help some of us out when creating our characters.

A wise idea. I will create a new thread with information on names and other various cultural items post haste. It should be up within the hour.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrossKnight35 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:32 pm

KumoriRyuu wrote:If you're up for it, how about both?

Hmmm... I will take that into consideration, thank you!

CrossKnight35
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!