Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

City Living

New Characters

a part of “City Living”, a fictional universe by BurningBridges.

A look into the lives of the tenants of an apartment building at 304 W 14th Street, in Manhattan, New York

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “City Living”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

New Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:04 pm

Hey guys!

This is just a separate thread for people interested in making new characters, now that we're opening up a few more apartments. Just wanted to give a bit of background information here, all at once, so I don't have to PM everyone separately lol.

To start, I want to thank you for your interest in joining our story! While we have a great group of writers as it is, we're looking to add a few more into the bunch! As you can see, we're a pretty committed group, about 10 months and 500 posts in :D. The most important thing we ask of anyone interested in joining is that you can stay committed. It's frustrating to have people join, only to see their muse die off after a few days or weeks, and for them to just disappear. The biggest pet peeve, I think, other than that, would be having people create unrealistic characters. There are lots of roleplays out there that are centered around wealthy or famous characters, but this isn't one of them. Please keep your characters "normal" in the sense of not being crazy wealthy, or famous or anything like that. We're trying to write about the more average people of the world here ;)! Additionally, because the gender ratio is already skewed, I ask that you take no more than one female role, unless you plan on taking a male as well.

With that being said, I'm excited to see original and interesting characters! The existing characters all live on apartments on the fifth floor of the apartment building, and the new characters will be living on the fourth floor. Here's a short description of the characters that I envisioned living in each apartment, and these are the spaces that are currently available.

Apartment 4A: 3 female characters who are all undergraduate students at New York University. They don't all have to be the same age, but would likely all be friends/know each other to some extent since they decided to live off campus together. We can assume that they either lived together during the last semester, or separately, but decided to make this their new living arrangement for the spring semester.

Apartment 4B: 3 males, two of whom know each other because they both attend grad school at Columbia, and one who they met randomly through a FB group, when they posted about needing an extra roommate to sign the lease with.

Apartment 4C: A male and a female who are dating, but are only dating for superficial reasons (which can be determined once the characters are chosen). I was thinking that they've both been cheating on each other, with the female actually being gay, but those details can be altered depending the preference of those who make the characters.

All of these characters will just be moving into the building on New Year's Eve (or possibly a couple days before), which we can say goes along with the idea that a lot of leases expire at the end of a year or month, so it's not necessary for you to know anything about what has went on previously in the roleplay. However, here's a quick summation of where we currently stand:

All of our characters are on a trip to Disney World. Cara and Collin's family are paying for it, and though it was supposed to originally only be a trip for the people that Cara likes (Chanel, Holly, Makayla), Brooklyn and Roman weaseled their way into it as well. We'll likely be done writing out the trip within the next two weeks, give or take a few days, so that should definitely give any new people enough time to make their characters and figure out relationships. Nothing extraordinarily noteworthy has happened ion the vacation, or over the course of the roleplay as a whole that would be worth pointing out unless you know the characters, so I think the best way for new people to get to know the preexisting characters and stories would be to just do a quick read of the existing character profiles. I can also ask the existing members to send a small excerpt about their character to the new people, once your characters are made and accepted!

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or post here. You can also post here about what character you're interested in. I don't think that I'm extremely picky when it comes to profiles, but I do ask that you try to be as detailed as possible, especially if I've never written with you before, simply because it'll be the best indication of whether your character and writing style will be a good fit for the story or not.

Again, thanks for the interest :)
BB
Last edited by BurningBridges on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:14 am

hi! I'm Tanie (or Julie, either's cool)

again, thanks so much for contacting me, this seems like a really cool roleplay I'd love to be a part of. I'm mainly interested in the role of the girl in 4C, although if more characters are needed I'd be willing to take up someone from either 4A or 4B as well.

a little about myself - I'm a student, although I've just begun a month-long holiday. typically I focus on plot-driven roleplays with darker themes, but I'm interested to see how well character-based roleplaying works. I've been roleplaying for maybe 4 years, and writing fiction for about 6. I hope to be able to embrace diversity through my characters, being POC, trans, and pan-asexual myself.

I also really love meeting new people, and I don't doubt for a minute that working with y'all will be fun! I really hope you like what I'm hoping to bring to the roleplay, and I look forward to roleplaying with you! thanks ^-^

wild women don't get the blues but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lately i've been crying like a small child xxxxxx

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

barnes
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Novelist Giver

Re:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:33 am

Hey peeps! Quaker here!

Looks like you guys got yourself a nice committed core group, which is always nice to see in any RP on the forums since it seems like so many die out within a few weeks.

*Looks at his dead list and sheds a single man tear*

Anywho, if it's alright with everyone I think I'll take the dude that was contacted through a FB group for apartment 4B. I should have a CS up here within a couple of days.
Writing is a tool used to convey an author's passion and imagination, use it to the best of your ability.

Quakernuts
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Inspiration Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawfulAnnon on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:32 am

Hello everybody! I'm LawfulAnnon!

Your roleplay looks great! I love the more realistic ones. It's amazing that you've stayed committed since I know plenty of roleplays die out in the first, few months. :(

Anyway, I've submitted a rough draft for my character, Ezra. I look forward to roleplaying with everyone!

LawfulAnnon
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Re: New Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:33 am

Thanks for all of the interest, guys :D. If you know anyone else who's a good, committed writer who might be interested, feel free to send them here too. I'm celebrating Thanksgiving in a few hours, and then am working overnight, and am working for most of Black Friday tomorrow, so I may not be very active here until Saturday, but feel free to post here with any questions if they come up! If I'm not here to answer it, I'm sure one of the other writers will be around :).

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 am

I have to ask, is it just me or does this particular forum not have a title? I can't click into it via the forum page and have to enter this forum from the PM sent to me.

EDIT: And as I reload the page suddenly the title shows up and makes this entire post irrelevant. Whatever, I'm crazy, ignore me.

Quakernuts
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Inspiration Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Hey guys, long time no see! BB invited me back to this, so I'm gonna throw up an app and see what ya'll think!

I'm also bringing in Bartholomew. We're gonna take the roles of the two boys who already know each other in apartment 4B

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:26 pm

Awesome!

So it seems like CharlotteV, BartholomewFinch, and Quakernuts are going for the guys in 4B.

LawfulAnonn, would your male work for one of the roles in 4C, and if so, which one would you prefer?

SpiritDancer is going for the female in 4C.

A Thought is working on a female for 4A.

I'm also going to open up an extra apartment for characters who don't necessarily fit any of those roles. Skulduggery is going to create a character for that apartment, and Sleepinginthegardens might as well, unless their male fits into 4C.

That leaves 2 spaces in 4A, and a male role in 4C. I would like these to get filled, but if you're really set on a different, original character idea, I can make space for them in that extra apartment, which will be 4D.

Again, thanks for the interest everyone, and feel free to PM me with any questions.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bandit on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 pm

(now irrelevant ;). ignore)

I guess I'll turn this into a productive post ;D. So.. hey! I'm Bandit. I play Makayla in the roleplay. Once your characters are done, feel free to hmu! Even though they won't know each other yet, I can give you a little run down on who Makayla is and what to expect from her.
Last edited by Bandit on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"…throw roses into the abyss and say: ‘here is my thanks to the monster who didn’t succeed in swallowing me alive.'"
— Friedrich Nietzsche

Bandit
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby predictmeifyoucan on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Hey yall. This username's pretty long, but I go by Cure on here. It's a long story, but yeah. I play Roman and Chanel. Like Bandit said, PM me if you've got any questions or anything. I don't think I'll characters will run into each other too much since they're on different floors. Chanel's the highest likelihood just because she says hi to everyone she sees. But yeah, that's all :) Excited to see the new characters and see where things go from here!

predictmeifyoucan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby predictmeifyoucan on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:42 am

irrelevant now! just ignore this :)

predictmeifyoucan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usernamesareadrag on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Hello! Please, call me users (I know my username is.... a bit of a drag XD). Thanks again for contacting me- I'm incredibly interested in this role-play, and I think I'll either be taking up a boy in 4D or one of the girls in 4A. I'll probably edit this post when I figure out which.

Regardless, I'm very excited about this, and I'm incredibly impressed by the quality/longevity of this role-play.

usernamesareadrag
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby predictmeifyoucan on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 pm

if no one else is going for it, i'll take up one of the spaces in 4A

predictmeifyoucan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:49 pm

Great! So I believe this will look like...

4A: predictmeifyoucan (wip), A Thought (Zoey Saidi), open female space
4B: Charlotte V (wip), Bartholomew Finch (_), Quakernuts (Oscar Teenson)
4C: SpiritDancer (wip), open male space, open male space
4D: Skulduggery (wip), usernamesareadrag - i think (wip), open spaces for males/females if there's interest

LawfulAnonn, let me know which apartment you intend on Ezra being in, and other than that, if anyone sees any errors in this layout, please let me know.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:58 am

Neil is officially done and you should hear from Bartholomew probably when she gets off work tomorrow - I know Kaz is almost finished so should be a full sheet :)

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bartholomew Finch on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:16 pm

I am here ;) going to get him in reaaaal quick like. Let me know if anything seems out of sorts.

Bartholomew Finch
Member for 9 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Admittedly, with the way my work and school week has been going, I haven't had the time to read over all of the finished characters in depth, but I've skimmed through most of them, and accepted the ones that I thought were done. If anything seems off once I re-read them tonight and tomorrow, I'll let you know. Otherwise, feel free to start messaging each other. We're actually probably going to start about a week after New Year's II think it'll be Friday or Saturaday, 1/6 or 1/7), and all of the new characters would have moved in between the 1st and that date, so if you'd like to say that some have already met each other within that time period of moving into the building, feel free!

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:29 am

Hi there! You can call me Lo. Pretty interested in this game after getting your message. I can try to work on something for one of the females in 4A if that isn't already being hammered out?

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:00 am

I would like to bring these characters in within the next few days :)! Can you guys confirm that you’re ready and worked out relationships between roommates? If you aren’t, I’ll wait until you’re prepared so as not to rush anything.

Spirit, I’ll be PMing you tonight or tomorrow!

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:41 pm

I believe I'm good to go (And by extension Bartholomew and Charlotte, but I only speak for them in regards to Oscar and their characters).

Quakernuts
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!