Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

One Piece: The Three Seas

Devil Fruits

a part of “One Piece: The Three Seas”, a fictional universe by Baron Fowling.

In a world both strange and familiar, pirates roam the seas, the Imperial Navy enforces justice, and powerful people from far and wide seek treasure and ancient secrets at the "summit of the world"... Dark Blue.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “One Piece: The Three Seas”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Devil Fruits

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:43 pm

So like the main One Piece universe, this universe has Devil Fruits which impart strange abilities to the people who eat them. One might turn the person who eats it into a rubber human, or another into a bison human, or another into an elemental ice human. No two fruits are alike, and while some see their powers as a blessing, others view eating them as a curse, which robs the individual of the ability to swim or even move underwater. All devil fruit users sink like a hammer in the sea, and in a world where the sea covers 90% of the planet's surface that's a pretty big problem.

For more information on them, check out http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Fruit

All the devil fruits from the original series are present in this world, although some are already in use by living people. If you want to use an existing devil fruit, just ask and I'll let you know whether it's taken or not. But probably not.

This thread is for people to submit their own ideas for new devil fruit to be used in this roleplay. I'll start with a list of my own examples and IF I approve of yours I will add them to that list (along with the name of the character who has eaten them, if applicable.) Please consider these facts when thinking of a fruit:

1. One devil fruit's powers shouldn't overlap with another, but two fruits can be used for similar effects.
2. Devil Fruit powers either affect your own body or allow your body to "produce" something that effects the outside world.
3. Paramecia and zoan are most common, logias are rare, ancient zoans are rarer and legendary zoans the absolute rarest.

Please don't be offended if I don't approve your fruit or if I tweak its effects or change its name. I'm finicky.

Paramecia:

Rainbow Fruit (Niji Niji no Mi)
Eaten by: Unknown
Allows the user to transform their hands into paintbrushes and paint rainbows in the air. These rainbows can be used to block attacks, strike opponents and even create moving platforms to allow the user to fly through the air.

Walker Fruit (Toko Toko no Mi)
Imbues the user's feet with a special force that allows them to step on anything. Users can walk on the surface of water, stand normally on walls and ceilings, traverse dangerous substances like lava and even step safely on things that wouldn't usually support their weight such as thin branches, spider webs or even rising smoke.

Booster Fruit (Byu Byu no Mi)
Gives the user "thrusters" on their elbows, calves and lower back that at any moment can be engaged to create a massive boost forwards. Can be used to increase the attack power of strikes, create sudden bursts of speed and even propel the user through the air. The boosts cannot be used indefinitely, however.

Thermo Fruit
Eaten by: Caldera Free
Allows the user to control the temperature of their body, increasing it to such an extent that things around them catch on fire or lowering it so far that they can create ice and freeze people near to them. Also renders the user totally unaffected by extreme temperatures (although fire can still burn them and ice can still freeze them.)

Zoan:

Froggy Fruit - Model: Toad
Eaten by: Sandy MacBess
Allows the user to transform into a giant toad or a toad-human hybrid. The user's toad form has thick springy skin, making them resistant to blunt damage, as well as a long, prehensile tongue and the ability to produce toxins of varying potency and effects from glands in their body.

Kitty Fruit - Model: Tiger
Allows the user to transform into a large, powerful tiger or a tiger-human hybrid. As the largest cat and a potent carnivore, this Zoan fruit bestows great potential for physical strength and violence on the person who eats it. Tiger forms also have the benefit of improved eyesight, sharp teeth and retractable claws.

Dragon Fruit - Model: Golden Dragon
Eaten by: Fleet Admiral Huang
Allows the user to transform into a golden-scaled Eastern dragon as well as a dragon-human hybrid. The dragon form of this fruit is flightless and four-legged with a low, powerful body and a long neck. Its scales are harder than any other body granted by a Zoan fruit. The dragon forms granted boast incredible strength and durability.

Logia:

Blossom Fruit
Turns the user into a "sakura human" capable of turning their entire body into drifting cherry blossoms. Although these blossoms lack the offensive power of certain other logias, their lightness allows them to fly through the air at moderate speed and even briefly support other people. Cherry blossoms also have the power to distract or even hypnotise people.

Bloody Fruit
Eaten by: No-one
Turns the user into a "blood human" who can transform their entire physical form into human blood. Although gruesome, the true power of this fruit actually lies in healing others, both by bringing people back from the brink of death with swift blood transfusions and by "focusing" blood on the wounds of others to speed up the healing process.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!