Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Deep 17

Deep 17

a part of “Deep 17”, a fictional universe by MartinVole.

Here in the Deep 17, we strive towards the betterment of all forms of life, to bridge the gaps between scientific understanding, and that which lies beyond our material definitions, all with open arms.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Deep 17”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Deep 17

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:31 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Deep 17"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Honor and arrogance are two sides of the same coin. We don't need standards like "honor," we just need mutual respect, and to do right by ourselves, as well as others.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Group Theory Giver

Re: Deep 17

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DAOMR on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:40 am

Hello hello. I wanted to drop in and say that you did a very good job of putting this together, especially the intro. I think it's much better when the premise is kind of ambiguous to start off with, and though it seems to have the same sort of premise as SCP it could turn out to be something very different - on the other hand, maybe it was your intention to make something SCP-esque which I also think is very good.
I'd like to join so if you don't mind I'll submit a character at the next opportunity I get. That would be today if I don't procrastinate.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DAOMR
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean World Builder Author Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Hey!

Well, the general idea is something a bit less an assorted storehouse of death (like SCP) but instead a place in layers that has some level of a humanity to it, so to speak, and considerably less robotic in nature. And this place isn't entirely classified, hence it has a reception area and a somewhat corny prerecorded welcome message. Hah.

Of course, the lower the levels of the facility, there are higher security areas, so... there's that.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Group Theory Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Oh this looks super interesting and I love the idea. I’ll probably try and submit a character later today. Quick question tho. Assuming there’s a patient or a subject that’s realitivly safe and benign or is mostly safe barring some specific situation or compulsion are they allowed to kinda wander around the facility or are they basically confined to their cells? Basically I guess I’m asking if they’re more guests or prisoners here.

I’m mainly asking cause the character I’m thinking of using kinda toes the line between safe and dangerous in that he’s fully sentient and mostly in control of his actions not ever being anything but coroperative. But he does have certain compulsions that in the right situation may cause him to do something not entirely of his own free will? I hope that makes sense lol I kinda get the feel I butchered that explanation

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Blueshadow wrote:Assuming there’s a patient or a subject that’s realitivly safe and benign or is mostly safe barring some specific situation or compulsion are they allowed to kinda wander around the facility or are they basically confined to their cells?

Sealed rooms and such are generally reserved for particularly dangerous/erratic experiments and patients, while those that are (relatively) safe are allowed more freedom, with only something like a curfew. So they are like somewhere between a sealed science facility and a psychiatric ward... except with supernatural junk everywhere. lol

Blueshadow wrote:I’m mainly asking cause the character I’m thinking of using kinda toes the line between safe and dangerous in that he’s fully sentient and mostly in control of his actions not ever being anything but coroperative. But he does have certain compulsions that in the right situation may cause him to do something not entirely of his own free will? I hope that makes sense lol I kinda get the feel I butchered that explanation

I'll say that freedoms are still allowed, but with likely some plan in case that fine line is tripped over.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arkanistka on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:03 pm

The whole idea seems really interesting. Me and my friend would also like to submit.

Arkanistka
Member for 7 years
Author Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:13 pm

Friend of Ark.
Poblem for me is...I still don't know what character should I make/use :)

Zaria
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nami L'Chi on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Oooo ill bite!! This looks reallllllly good i could have a charrrie up sooner than Friday if you needed it to be, my laptop is just in shop And im on mobile till then

Nami L'Chi
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ObiTobi on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Greetings, would love to sign up for this one but just curious as to know which types of face claims you prefer or if you really mind?

ObiTobi
Member for 8 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:24 pm

Generally I wouldn't mind if the details make up for it, but I dunno about actors and such, depending entirely on what the person is... if you catch my drift. In my case, I end up mostly doing a rough sketch. XD

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:05 pm

I've submitted my character. Hope you like!
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:29 am

Nice, I think I'll make up a few character sheets myself now. :)

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElsScales on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:53 am

This RP looks great. I have also submitted a character.

ElsScales
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:50 pm

So when do you reckon we will get started MartinVole. I'm excited to dig into this!

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:11 pm

Hopefully soon, I just submitted my character sorry for the delay guys! Hope you guys like him hopefuly I didn't hold us up for too long!

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:19 pm

Alrighty! You are free to do character intros!

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:40 am

Is everyone still around?

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 am

Hey guys. Yeah I’m still here definitely. I’ll try and get a post out today when I get back home

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:42 am

I'm still here, I just wasn't sure who we were waiting on? I can post again if you like?

Belynta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:38 pm

@MartinVole - Is this still happening?

Belynta
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!