Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Devil You Know

The Devil You Know

a part of “The Devil You Know”, a fictional universe by partially-stars.

A few years ago, a group of friends left town to escape their secrets. Now, those very secrets are bringing them home- and putting them all in danger.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Devil You Know”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Devil You Know

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:14 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Devil You Know"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Re: The Devil You Know

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Hello all! I would like to reserve my spot of a character. Female if that matters!

-Maci!

EDIT: Oh, face claim will be Emily Rudd! Forgot to say that.
Last edited by Maci-Care on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cliffspiracy on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:14 pm

@iCat: I would like to reserve a male spot with the face being Cody Christian and his secret being that even though he's a heartbreaker with the ladies, he's actually attracted to guys.

Hope that's good.

Cliffspiracy
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Author Conversationalist Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:19 am

Sure thing, I’ll edit in your reservations later! Looking forward to having you guys on board!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:30 am

After seeing the reserved pictures on the title page of the RP, I feel like I should edit mine to make it black and white xD

Can't wait to see everyone elses characters!

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sapphire. on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Hey! I'd like to reserve a spot (currently on a bus trip, so gonna keep this short). I'd like for the face claim to be Colton Haynes (gorgeous man), and his secret would be, he was forced into a sexual relationship with his step-father at the risk of his little brother being harmed. If that's too similar to Cliff's, then he was brutally abused by his step-father because he blamed him for the death of his mother.

Edit 1: i'd like to think he was a popular kid too, taking care of his little brother, and nobody thought anything was wrong. had a girlfriend and eveyrthing.
Image Image

sapphire.
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Hey! It's kinda similar to my character's but honestly they're different enough that I'm happy enough with the first secret. Looking forward to having you!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sapphire. on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:06 pm

I think, I'm going to go ahead and change his secret to the second one, to avoid similarities in a sense. He's going to be abused and basically takes care of his younger brother, sorry for the trouble!

sapphire.
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi, I don't know if it's too late to reserve anything, but is it possible that I reserve a female character with the face claim of Kiana Lede?

Her secret is that she was forced to have an abortion to cover up the fact that she had an affair with one of her teachers.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:40 pm

Yay another female character! We have not started yet, so should be fine. But I'm not incharge. xD Welcome though!

-Maci!

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Hey Girl2! Nope, you’re definitely not too late, I’ll edit in your reservation either tomorrow or Friday! I’m also toying with the idea of adding another character.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:32 am

Sooooooo....I apparently don't know how to write shorter personality or history sections...or probably any shorter section xD...but Lateefah is done.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sapphire. on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Link is doneeeee

sapphire.
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:09 pm

All the accepted characters look great, guys! I’ll start messaging around this weekend and possibly get another character in!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:35 pm

I'm so excited! All the characters look fantastic, and their secrets, ooohhh-weeee. :D xD Can't wait to see how everything unfolds and such.

-Maci!

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:32 pm

I'd like to reserve. Face claim is Ellen Wong cause i happen to see her in a lot of stuff i watch by chance

her secret is the she suffers from severe episodes of schizophrenia.

I'll get more details as time goes on but I just got called into work so I can't do all the research I normally do at the moment :P

the secret that had her move away are 2 that i'm playing with in mind.

1.) That and she witnessed a crime that she didn't report (will have more details)
2.) Or i could have her done a hit an run.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Hey Vincent! Nice to have you on board. One brief thing- the secret mentioned in the rules and the secret that drove them to move away are actually meant to be the same thing. Now, that said, there’s nothing stopping you from having your character have multiple secrets but you’re definitely not obliged to have multiple! Let me know when you pick a concrete one!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:33 pm

i'll go with the schizo condition. primarily since i've been playing around with how that would weave in the story while at work.

edit: okay so i'd still like the schizo thing to be somewhat a secret but only her close friend (open to suggestion/volunteers) knows about the condition.

I'd like her secret to be that she was a kidnap victim. She managed to escape but is scared to go to the police and that the perp would find her since he hasn't been caught hence her moving away.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:28 am

So I don't know much about schizo besides a little I learned back in HS awhile ago. (Sorry if I might sound ignorant and such and if i offend anyone) But wouldn't that be a little difficult to keep a secret, unless on medication, and I've even heard medication to be a downer and changes how a person acts. Sorry if I am 100% wrong.

-Maci!

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:56 am

Maci-Care wrote:So I don't know much about schizo besides a little I learned back in HS awhile ago. (Sorry if I might sound ignorant and such and if i offend anyone) But wouldn't that be a little difficult to keep a secret, unless on medication, and I've even heard medication to be a downer and changes how a person acts. Sorry if I am 100% wrong.

-Maci!

that's why i do a lot of research into these kinds of things when I am applying them to characters. I want it to be as believable as possible.

If on medication schizo can definitely be hidden. And if the person is taking the right combination of medication then even side effects such as depression or anxiety can also be abated. I even looked up what types of medication can make it to the point where people wouldn't even know a person with schizo even has an issue to begin with.

Like anxiety meds it can be pushed beneath the surface. couple that with the person's own will and those conditions can be lived with.

plus I have a lot of potential stuff tucked away in the back of my mind. so there's a reason behind the madness (literally).

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!