Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Outcasters: Atonement

FAQ Thread

a part of “Outcasters: Atonement”, a fictional universe by Skulduggery.

The world is in shambles and a tyrant sits on the throne. It's up to the Fey Rebellion to rescue their Queen and bring peace to the dying land in which they're now forced to live.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Outcasters: Atonement”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

FAQ Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skulduggery on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:10 am

Recently I've been asked a lot of questions by people who're seeking more specific information about this role-play, since the stuff I provided beforehand was rather vague. I'm gonna post all the answers here in a sort of "FAQ" type thread so that others can read it and maybe gain a better understanding of the story, but also because I'm too lazy to format it any other way. ^^
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skulduggery
Scholar
Member for 7 years
Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Inspiration Visual Appeal Recruiter Person of Interest Conversationalist Tipworthy Arc Warden World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver

Re: FAQ Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skulduggery on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:07 pm

In Sylvar Forest there is the Rebel Camp and Eldenway, right? How does the forest look there: is it coniferous or decidious?

Deciduous, I'd imagine. But since this area was created by Alec's magic/abilities, we're not ruling anything out. This is where we'd expect your imagination to run wild. If you wanna involve talking trees/rocks, carnivorous plants the size of a building that attack any passers-by, or even a whole area of trees that are blue/green/purple. Anything you wanna include is fine. This is a world of magic and mystery, and it's yours to design with us as you see fit. The more weird and creative your ideas are, the more fun they are to write.

So since it's a magical world you can mostly make up what plants and creatures you'd find in a certain area?

Absolutely. Be as imaginative as you want to be with this setting and its inhabitants.

Are those completely new species or are a bunch of them also well-known to other realms?

With regards to the supernatural/magical species, that's sort of a given. As for plant and animal life, that's again up to you. I imagine, since this is the mortal realm we're talking about, it'll be like a lot of the plants/animals have merely been mutated due to the amount of magic in the world. But go wild with it if you want, really.

Do we have a certain seasons in this world, like autumn or winter?

There are seasons each year as normal. Right now I'd say we're in winter, but due to the large population of Demon and Wraith species in the city and forest, the setting is almost always unnaturally cold. Even in the thick of summer.

You said it's usually cold in the Demon realm, but trees and other plants still grow like in Sylvar Forest, right? Though I take it when it's winter there currently lays snow.

Plant life that is sustained only by magic probably wouldn't be affected by the cold weather or a bit of snow. Can't say much for anything else.

Demons and Faeries: how do you usually distinguish between them and it is possible to tell that when there's another humanoid species, that this is certainly not one of them?

A lot of the characters in this RP so far have relied upon their senses to determine who is of their kind and who is not. It could be their behaviour that gives them away, their scent, or practically anything specific to their species. If your character isn't very intuitive or observant, maybe they don't know until they're told. It really depends, since some characters opt to use a glamour and others do not.

What exactly is Remei?

Formerly a ruthless mercenary organisation, currently the Queen's primary army. The name itself was first mentioned in the role-play's Second Generation, and I don't believe there was any deeper meaning behind it at the time. It was just a name.

At what times do Demon soldiers usually patrol the Forest? What exactly are they looking for?

I hadn't thought to set a specific time but we'll just say that they typically patrol at sunrise and sunset each day, with smaller groups venturing into settlements/villages and any potential hiding spots, and larger groups covering more ground in the open forest. They're mainly looking for any suspicious activity. Much like any normal law enforcement group, they keep an eye out for thieves/rapists/murderers, but they also catch and detain any faerie-folk that they find on their travels because faeries are not allowed to roam free.

How many soldiers usually patrol in a group?

In the larger groups maybe 12-20 soldiers roughly, depends on how many you wanna include. Smaller groups that check on villages/settlements will be more like 3-6 individuals (not including the soldiers already stationed there, which will be closer to 20-40).

What does the Remei armour look like?

You can use the following image as a reference for Remei armour:

What sort of weapons/powers can the Remei use when they attack and what characteristics does a group of Demon soldiers usually have?

Any weapons whatsoever. The soldiers are all different; realistically they have their own personalities, habits, and backstories. You're free to be creative with this as well. They can fight with whips, staffs, swords (dual wield, solo wield, or two-handed), bow and arrow, etc etc. Or they might not even opt to fight with weapons at all, just their hands or abilities. Commonly Remei soldiers are trained in shadow manipulation, but all are gifted with iron manipulation since it's fatal to faerie folk. One thing they do share in common is undying loyalty to their General, Alexander, under the guise of loyalty to their Queen. They're typically ruthless, hard-headed, and they follow orders without question.

How easy is it to join the Rebellion? Who exactly is their leader (if they have one) and do newcomers have to fulfill special requirements and some sort of test to join?

The Rebellion currently has two leaders. Simon Davenport, formerly the Prince of all Fae, is one of them. He handles the Faeries and similar species, since they place a great deal of trust in him as their prince. The second leader is Sunday Davenport, daughter of the Tyrant Queen. She leads the Demons and similar species. As for joining the Rebellion, Faeries are automatically extended an invitation to join, but may leave if they so wish. Often times it's standard for rescued Fae to stick around, where they're kept safe and well. When it comes to other species, however, it's harder for the leaders to trust their intentions are sound. They're expected to prove their loyalty in other ways; the method of which could be anything. Usually a decision is made in the moment.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skulduggery
Scholar
Member for 7 years
Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Inspiration Visual Appeal Recruiter Person of Interest Conversationalist Tipworthy Arc Warden World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!