Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Commedia dell'arte

Commedia dell'arte

a part of “Commedia dell'arte”, a fictional universe by Lord Saethos.

The year is 2102 AD, on the lonely blue planet we call Earth. The planet is ruled by cybernetics, gene manipulation, the discovery of "magic" or "powers", and strange beasts and men that are ripping people, and the planet, apart.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Commedia dell'arte”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Commedia dell'arte

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:03 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Commedia dell'arte"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Group Theory Tipworthy Conversationalist Author Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Re: Commedia dell'arte

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:04 pm

So the RP is almost ready to go. I need more players obviously, but I think I have the basic starting locations I want, and other necessary information. I'll try to add some lore as we go and as seems needed.

For now, NYC and Pacifica are acting as the starting locations for characters, to keep it relatively simple. More settings will be added as we continue and as is needed, but I don't want it to get too complicated just yet.

Furthermore, Earth, 2102 AD (roleplay/commedia-dellarte/places/earth-2102-ad) will act as a "catch all" setting to RP in. If there's a specific setting players want to RP in that isn't big enough or relevant enough to be its own setting, you can RP that setting in Earth, 2102 AD. Just have the specific location you're rping in listed at the top of each post your characters make, to avoid confusion.

I haven't finished "Earth, 2102 AD" yet, but I will add more later when needed. At the moment, it's just a blank roleplaying setting that's waiting to get filled up a bit later.

Also, I may post another "setting" that will act as a "News Station" in the universe. This will basically be a place for me to post about "big events" that have been caught in the News and are relevant to the story of the universe. It'll give the players, and their characters, a way of knowing what is more or less going on in other parts of the roleplay, even if they aren't in that location. Sort of an easier way of keeping characters informed about what all is happening to other characters or events in the world.

Anyways, I think that's it for now. Let me know if anyone has any questions (especially about lore) and I'll try to answer as best as I can.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Group Theory Tipworthy Conversationalist Author Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:33 am

Just an update on some "lore" in this universe as well (just one bit for now, might add more later).

In the 21st century, during what became the "Third World War", the White House had been attacked by drone strike from an unknown enemy (possibly Russia or China at the time). The attack killed both the President and Vice President.

At this time, the war had already been underway for a few years, but a few years prior there had been another conflict that America had been facing, an internal one. The House of Representatives was having difficulty electing a Speaker of the House. Both sides were somewhat equal in terms of seats, but to make matters more complicated, both parties struggled to find candidates that were unilaterally liked.

After months of bickering within both parties and the House, Gordon Caldwell was elected in a landslide vote by both Democrats and Republicans. Though he was a Republican himself, he was known for working well with Democrats, and being pretty uncontroversial with his party as well. No bad connections, no conflicting interests. The perfect candidate to be Speaker of the House during war time.

Gordon Caldwell was 25 when he took on the position of speaker. When the President and Vice President were killed, he as 27.

The line of succession for the Presidency states that the Speaker of the House comes after the Vice President. But the constitution says that only someone 35 years of age can be president. This caused immense debate with the government, trying to decide what should be done with the situation. Some suggested skipping the Speaker, but the others next in line for succession were controversial, and had immense push back from opposing parties. Some suggested having another election, but that was deemed impractical since it would take too long.

Instead, the government did something different. It took time, and the cooperation of both Houses (of Representatives and Senate), as well as the Supreme Court to pass an Amendment to the Constitution that lowered the minimum age for the Presidency to 25 years old. As said earlier, Gordon Caldwell was 27 at this time.

And so Gordon Caldwell became the youngest President in US history, and ran the country moderately for the 8 years he was in office. He was never exactly an amazing leader, but he was what America needed at the time, and kept the country moving forward until the war eventually ended, and later his presidency.

Gordon Caldwell was the first, and so far last, person to be elected President under the age of 35. But the Amendment still remains...

TL;DR: People 25 years and older can now be President of the US. It was just easier this way. lol

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:33 pm

We're in need of more people for this roleplay, hands down. Still open and accepting, and I'd like to inform everyone who's reading this that I would like YOU to suggest some factions for the roleplay. I already have pretty much all the most important ones, but I want factions that you guys might interact with on a daily basis, groups you might be part of.

Mercs, gangs, bounty hunters, hackers, corporations, etc. Let me know what you want, and let's see if we can make it happen. I want this roleplay to be exciting and for the world to start moving.

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:26 am

Hmm how am I just now seeing this for the first time? I will most likely throw in a character for this thinking some kinda of cyborg female merc or ninja
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:02 am

Butterfly Effect wrote:Hmm how am I just now seeing this for the first time? I will most likely throw in a character for this thinking some kinda of cyborg female merc or ninja

The... First time? *triggering intensifies*

It's not your fault you didn't see it obviously, clearly I need a better marketing strategy for my RP's on this site. Much better. lol

Anyways, I would LOVE to see a character like that honestly! I must admit to you, at this moment the world is a bit "disorganized", I have a very clear direction with where I want the story to go, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get everyone there. So, for the first few weeks (or longer) this roleplay might be a bit "directionless", but I'm hoping more characters and factions will help fill in those gaps.

Again, I know WHERE I want us all to go, I just need to figure out HOW to get there. But by all means, send me a character and I'll look him/her over and let you know what I think! If you need help figuring out where to go, just ask me and I'll be more than happy to help you figure out a direction.

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:55 am

Well I ended up going with a more cybernetic Merc character.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:59 pm

The only problem is that I have to replace my mouse now from smashing that accept button. lol

But seriously, I so far really like the looks of this character and the depths she can bring. Plus, you got to do the whole "glowing cybernetics" thing before I told everyone I'm ripping off Cyberpunk 2020 and 2077 by letting people have "sub-dermal" tattoos that glow. xP I mean really, if it's possible to do it, I guarantee you at least some people will do it. lol

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:13 am

haha now for the hard part though...

Finding how to best get Alexis in the story. from what i've read it seems like there where terrorist attacks and now the group is investigating them.

Maybe government hired her to help the FBI?

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:06 am

Butterfly Effect wrote:haha now for the hard part though...

Finding how to best get Alexis in the story. from what i've read it seems like there where terrorist attacks and now the group is investigating them.

Maybe government hired her to help the FBI?

Sorry for taking so long to reply Butterfly! Had a lot going on lately, so just starting to catch up on some of the other roleplays I've been behind on now. Was gonna say, I had an idea for something Alexis could get hired for if you'd like. Was thinking a "Body Guard" job for another corporation, the owner might want some added muscle for a bit. Let me know what you think.

Also, did the Merc group Alexis works for have a name yet? Does she work for a group?

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:56 am

I was thinking she is more of a solo act not part of a group

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Butterfly Effect wrote:I was thinking she is more of a solo act not part of a group

I can dig that, mostly wanting to have more factions to join in the roleplay, so trying to come up with groups that would work. lol But maybe the story will unfold with more factions in the future to allow people to join.

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:45 pm

You know thinking about it more Alexis would have some help mainly to watch over her bunker, help find jobs, and send her supplies from her bunker.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:09 am

Having "contacts" seems pretty reasonable, especially if she's served in the army before. I'd assume she'd have made at least some friends there, and beyond that I'm sure some people have helped her out and worked with her out of respect for her service.

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!