Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Guardians of the Divine

Q&A Thread

a part of “Guardians of the Divine”, a fictional universe by Scra.

"A utopia built on lies can prosper, but for how long...." (Full)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Guardians of the Divine”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Q&A Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scra on Sun May 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Please direct all questions pertaining to the information given in the Information Thread here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scra
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Q&A Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon May 27, 2019 9:14 pm

Here are a few questions I have-

1. Do humans generally have typical hair color? Or can they be different colors? I ask because I am thinking of reserving the beast/human hybrid and was thinking of either making her either half mermaid or half faerie.

2. With Reservations in general, will you use those reservations are your determining factor in deciding who gets who or do we have to complete the char profiles first?

3. And as far as the history of this world goes, in general the humans now believe the original rulers were 'good' and the beasts are 'bad', when it reality it was the original Siblings and Priestess who were power hungry for that divine land? I just want to be sure I myself understand what actually happened.

Thanks.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scra on Mon May 27, 2019 10:12 pm

@Zodia195
Thanks for the questions.

1. Humans hair color can be different colors, I'm not putting a restriction on that because of FCs, just nothing too crazy that makes it seem unrealistic and I'll make sure to mention this to everyone else. The major difference between Beasts and Humans are skin tones or more like skin textures. Like scales, fur, paler skin, darker skin, etc. But for the Hybrid chacarter, if you want to make it so that if she touches water than she grows scales or her eyes change colors, etc. Then go for it. I'm giving a lot of freedom when it comes to the Hybrid character.

2. I should have taken that off, but I forgot. It is going to be a first come first serve kind of situation now. Only because I really don't want someone to work on a character and then not have it accepted. But that means I might ask for you to change you FCs if they don't work, or I might ask someone to change gender if we have too many female or male characters, but other than that if you ask for it you get it. But if more people join and there aren't enough roles open I'm willing to add more characters because there are a few NPCs in the world that I would enjoy people playing that are vital to the storyline.

3. Yep, you are correct!

Once again thank you for the questions. They are very helpful.

Scra
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon May 27, 2019 10:45 pm

I have a question regarding Hybrids and Beasts. Beast generally live longer then humans right? But do they age at the same rate, initially at least until they reach sexual maturity? I am asking this because I am wondering how is it that the Hybrid char is actually the age I say she is if she's only half human? Is this one of the things that makes her human side more dominant? Because I would think her being half human, she would still live longer.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scra on Tue May 28, 2019 2:59 am

@Zodia195
It depends on the type of Beast, but all of them usual stop aging once they reach the age of sexual maturity and then begin aging again once they get to their specific species older years. But since you are a Hybrid your live span wouldn't be as long as the normal Beast species, but it would be longer than regular humans. I hope this explanation makes sense.

Scra
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed May 29, 2019 6:51 am

Alright, I might not be the brightest with numbers, but I've been trying to math out my character's age and his father's age to have it make logical sense based on the rules presented. Assuming that Junichi's father Reiji took the application at age 20 (The oldest possible), Trained for 5 Years (Now 25) Then, when he was age 30, his son would start the examination and would have to be 15 at least. With that math, it'd mean he had Jun at age 15, and Jun would be 20 at the time that all this kicks off. So, just checking here that my math checks out, and that it's alright if I make Junichi 20 so as to best account for the timeline of events? Either that or Reiji was super young when he had Junichi.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scra on Wed May 29, 2019 7:06 am

@Tanman
Shoot, once again I missed something. That's okay, this is why I'm grateful for other people being more attentive than me. Thank you Tanman, for bringing this to my attention. Hmmmm...Okay! How about this. Instead of a Father/Parent we turn it into a Brother/Sibling. That why your character's goals, motivation, and overall character doesn't really change by much, and also the age timeline would make sense. Does that sound like a good plan? If not we can make Jun 20.

Scra
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed May 29, 2019 8:50 am

Haha, I wouldn't say I'm more attentive. I didn't notice in the slightest until I was working through the family stuff. I'd had some thoughts in mind to have Jun's dynamic with his father as a focal point, but I'm pretty sure I can adapt it to incorporate a brother. Though that does mean I now have to go searching for another face claim for this illustrious sibling. If you're happy with all that, does that mean I should change Jun to be the '74th Guardian's Brother' in all the role stuff?

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scra on Wed May 29, 2019 9:39 am

@Tanman
Yeah change it to 74th Guardian's Sibling. I'm sorry for the trouble and thank you Tanman.

Scra
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed May 29, 2019 10:03 pm

Question about Mermaids, in this world they can develop their own legs right and live on land? I am trying to come up with my OC's backstory and I am trying to figure out how a human and a beast could get away with even having a child in the first place without serious ramifications for them and the child. I could use some help in this case since it's vital. Any ideas? I am curious too, but can a human female live completely on her own in this world? And I am clear that ALL beasts here are slaves right? There are no hidden ones?

Edit- One question about the CS, where it says family- my char is an orphan, so what should I put?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scra on Wed May 29, 2019 10:21 pm

@ Zodia195
Most likely your parent would have been a "pet" to a noble or some other high-rank individual. Since you were an orphan and they assumed you were a human, they would have put you in a human orphanage. You could have someone adopt you later on, but overall you would live in the orphanage until 18 when you become an adult, but for your case, you became a Guardian before than. But yeah a mermaid does get legs on the land, but not very many use them unless.. you know because mermaids are pets. There are probably only one or two who aren't owned by a Noble but that would because they would have a deformity of some kind and therefore their only job would be to serve the Divines in the temple garden or be killed. They are usually killed.

You don't have to put anything there, but if you have been adopted then you can put your adopted parents there.

Scra
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed May 29, 2019 11:30 pm

Mmm, okay so I'll take the well, illegitimate child route then. But yeah that helps a lot.

I think I will have her live at the orphanage all her life. I was thinking her last name would have been given to her based on the name of the orphanage she came from. Is that okay?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scra on Thu May 30, 2019 12:42 am

@ Zodia195
Yep, that's okay with me. Makes the most sense.

Scra
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:01 pm

So do you have an actual storyline for this rpg or will we play it by ear for now? And what is like the daily schedule of a Guardian? Do they spend most of their time with the Divines basically, besides sending reports to the rulers?

Also I am guessing this RPG will start at the induction ceremony. Will any extra chars be like NPCs I guess?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!