Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

the way we were

the way we were

a part of “the way we were”, a fictional universe by partially-stars.

one last party, a fated group of friends, and a murder. these types of situations are never easy, but add in more secrets than they can count and explosive histories between them all... will they make it out alive?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “the way we were”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

the way we were

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:09 pm

hello and welcome! thank you for your interest!

at present, I’m thinking a maximum of 10 characters. you are more than welcome to play multiple characters, however I will not allow an initial reservation for more than 2. I would love it if the detective was a player controlled character, or even to have a pair of detectives, so please feel free to reserve them!

right now I am undecided if the killer will be from within the group or not, so if anyone would really, really love their character to be the killer, please PM me or DM me on Discord! i reserve the right to decline however, and please, please do not make your character a stereotypical killer, I don’t want it to be obvious.

feel free to use your own character sheet, but here’s one provided by the wonderful Wolf’s Bane109 (and adapted slightly by yours truly)!

Code: Select all
[font=Garamond][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]circular%20or%20gif%20picture%20here.[/img]
[img]name%20from%201001%20or%20Fontmeme%20fonts.[/img]
[size=120][color=thought hex]quote or something if you'd like[/color][color=transparent]x[/color][color=thought hex] here[/color][/size]
[url=here]theme song (optional)[/url] - artist
[url=here]theme song (optional)[/url] - artist
[url=here]theme song (put as many or as few as you like)[/url] - artist[/font][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][right][img]img%20or%20gif[/img] [img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img] [img]img%20or%20gif[/img][/right]
[font=Garamond][size=120][color=hex][b]F U L L[/b][/color][color=transparent]X[/color][color=hex][b]N A M E[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]N I C K N A M E (S)[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]B I R T H D A Y[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]A G E[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]S E X U A L I T Y[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]E T H N I C I T Y[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]H O M E T O W N[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]H E X [/b][/color][/size]
here.[/font]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][font=Garamond][left][img]large img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]add images or gifs as necessary[/img][/left]
[size=120][color=hex][b]S T Y L E[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]H E I G H T  & W E I G H T[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]A P P E A R A N C E[/b][/color][/size]
here.[/font]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][right][img]img%20or%20gif[/img] [img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img] [img]img%20or%20gif[/img][/right]
[size=120][color=hex][b]L I K E S[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]D I S L I K E S[/b][/color][/size]
here.
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][left][img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img][/left][size=120][color=hex][b]P E R S O N A[/b][/color][/size]
here.
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][right][img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img][/right]
[size=120][color=hex][b]H I S T O R I A[/b][/color][/size]
here. Please provide basic backround for your character, as well as how they met the group initially, what went wrong between them, what they’ve been up to since, and what brought them back to New York.
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[left][img]250x250[/img] [img]250x250[/img]
[img]250x250[/img] [img]250x250[/img]
[img]250x250[/img] [img]250x250[/img][/left]
[size=120][color=hex][b]R E L A T I O N S H I P[/b][/color][color=transparent]X[/color][color=hex][b]S T A T U S[/b][/color][/size]
here. This whole section is optional but can help flesh out a character.

[size=120][color=hex][b]T A L E N T S[/b][/color][/size]

[size=120][color=hex][b]S T R E N G T H S[/b][/color][/size]

[size=120][color=hex][b]W E A K N E S S E S[/b][/color][/size]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you with anything!
Last edited by partially-stars on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Re: the way we were

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:57 pm

I'm at work currently, but when I get home I will work on putting up a proper reservation. For now, I'll take one female role atm. Will probably take on a second that would be male. But we'll see how I'm feeling about more than one right now later tonight.
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Oh man I am so down for this. I will probably be searching for face claim inspiration tomorrow afternoon and will get back with you with a real reservation. Feel free to badger me if I forget.
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Alright, I decided on a reservation. I decided to go with siblings if that was okay? Can always change their relationship upon request. I have a fun plan in mind for them if allowed. >:3c

ImageImage
| FC: Andrew Garfield | Name: Kyle Monahan | Age: 25 | Police Officer/One of the detectives | # 063A67

Kyle was usually the odd one out in the friend group when they were younger. He was the nerdy, know-it-all kid in class, as well as the group. He stayed that way until he graduated high-school and left to study in law, but ended up becoming a cop, and one of the best the force had ever seen. One of the first cases he had, when he moved back home, was ironically the death of Lauren, and know he has to figure out who did it and he doesn't like who the immediate suspects are..

ImageImage

| FC: Lynn Gunn | Name: Erin Monahan | Age: 25 | Bartender | #80000

Unlike her brother, Erin was always one of the ones to stand out in the crowd, even back in school. While he stood in the shadows and had no social cues or skills, she had everything he lacked. From being well known to having friends, to knowing how to let loose and just enjoy life, something her brother never exactly understood. While everyone had moved away or left, Erin decided to stay in the city and become a bartender, might as well do something you were good at, and seeing how one of her skills was alcohol she figured it was her best shot. Everything was fine until the party happened, and when people started asking where Lauren went, people began to question everyone. Now Erin doesn't know if it was the right choice to have stayed, or if she should have left all those years ago..

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:02 am

so awesome to see you guys! can’t wait to see your characters, and I love the idea of one of the detectives having been one of the group! Reservations will be added in at some point today!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:52 am

Here to put in my reservation! One female role for now.

FC: Emily Rudd // Name: Rebecca Cruze // Hexcode: #D02090 & #EF86A8 // Age: 24 // Job: Secretary

Rebecca Cruze was what she would be considered the "fun/wild one" of the group, or just the ditzy blonde at times. Always doing some dumb thing whether it was a dare or to prove someone that she could do it. She was one to be friendly with most people, but she was the closest with the ones in the group. Rebecca has been known to quickly hook up with people, not caring about their gender or if they were in a relationship or not, which sometimes led to drama. Though over the years only one person really caught her heart, especially after her car accident. She quickly left town after graduating without much of a plane besides wanting to travel around and ultimately ended up settling down in London.

If anyone wants to do any sort of specific friendship/relationship/dislike between characters, please let me know!
Last edited by Maci-Care on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:52 am

Accidentally double posted!

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:13 pm

hey hun, great to see you! can’t wait to see her, I’ll update the front page at some stage!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:10 pm

I'm fully down to discuss plans for relationship-wise between our characters. I don't think Kyle would really have the best relationship with everyone seeing as how he left soon after high school. So it'll be a bit tricky there.

As for Erin, depending on where everyone else went off to, if they left or not, she is fully open to having any kind of relationship with the rest. So feel free to hit me up with anything if anyone has any ideas. >:)

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sunflower on Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:41 am

@partially-stars: Hello there! I'd like to reserve two roles, a male and a female, for this particular roleplay if that's alright. I hope their backstories are good enough. ^^ Made them up on the fly.

ImageImage

Ashleigh Myerson // Twenty-five // FC: Alisha Boe // Trust Fund Baby // #B19CD9

Ashleigh is the socialite of the group and also the princess of the group. She has always been one of the ones to defend her friends at any cost and have spoken up whenever they were in trouble. Even if that meant mentioning who her father was or even flashing a few bills at someone. Either way, she has had the groups back more than once but doesn't hold that over their heads. No matter how many she has thought about it. After high school, she left to attend NYU to studying criminal justice and now, she's on her way to becoming a lawyer.

ImageImage

Joseph Parker // Twenty-six // FC: Cody Christian // Unemployed/Weed Man // #7F9A65

Joseph was accepted late into the group by Lauren, who listened to his background and thought he'd be a perfect addition to the group. Although his background is ultimately unpleasant, he has enjoyed being in the group, getting to know everyone and even getting to know Lauren, whom he hooked up with once while she was in a relationship. Joseph didn't graduate high school but didn't drop out, he's currently getting his GED but is unemployed. He does have a side business, which is an illegal one.

Sunflower
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:48 am

@ Sunshine - absolutely, can't wait to see them!

front page will probably be updated at some point today or tomorrow, I had a major exam this morning which is why I'm a lil behind!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:40 am

ImageImage

Nathan Miller | 26 | Liam Hemsworth | Finally landed a decent gig at a restaurant | #D6CF13

Nate was always the life of the party- he was willing to do just about anything, any time, for any reason. King of dares, Nathan has done enough stupid tasks to last a lifetime. He's having a hard time adjusting to adult life, however. He can't seem to hold down a job, can't keep a relationship for long, and just generally can't seem to get his life together.

edited because I'm a dumbass and forgot the hex code.
Last edited by phosphene on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .euphoria. on Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:36 pm

I just wanted to show my interest in reserving a male and female :). I should be able to give all the information when I get off of work today!

.euphoria.
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:41 pm

hey, good to have you! awesome, can’t wait to see them!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:19 pm

front page is updated! we have room for 1-2 more characters. if anyone else is interested in playing a detective character, my only request is that the other detective is from outside the group, just for a slightly different dynamic. also we have two accepted characters so feel free to go check them out!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi there, I'll play a detective that's not connected to the group then.

And um, iCat, that's you right? Should I just call you Star then?

Here's my reservation-

ImageImage
Arisa Winston - 24 - AnnaSophia Robb - #0D5C91 - Detective

Arisa aka Ari isn't part of the group at all. She didn't even live in the area the group lives in until she was 12 when she moved in with her aunt and uncle. Even then she was home-schooled until high school and went to private school during that time. In college she studied criminal justice, having wanting to be a cop since the age of 12. This is her first murder case. Behind her 'doll-like' appearance though is a beast who always craves justice above all else. She's fiercely protective of those she cares about, and this includes her fellow detective, Kyle since they work with the same force. Don't ever ask about her childhood though, she won't tell you a thing. Needless to say it's very tragic. Only people who know her past are her aunt and uncle and her first cousins.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:48 am

@Zodia195 - hey, good to see you! And yep, I used to be iCat, and Stars is good!

I love the idea of your character, I can’t wait to see her!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bayonet RPG on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Hello all

Don't know if there is room for another character but the introduction really interested me so I wanted to submit one. No hard feelings if its rejected or if there isn't enough room.

I didn't want to use any character's names in the character introduction so I left it vague and addressed them collectively. If my character is accepted and anyone wants to construct backgrounds with my character feel free to message me. I will join the discord if it's approved.

ImageImage
Name: Alexander Yang | Age: 26 | FC:Godfrey Gao | #4e3475 | Ethical Hacker

Alexander 'Lex' Yang had a hard time adjusting to life in the United States after moving to NYC from his hometown in Hong Kong. He was treated as an outsider by most until he met and befriended the members of the group. The group provided him an outlet for his frustrations growing up in an overbearing and manipulative household, an outlet which he used readily. His rebellious party life with the group continued until the day his parents met an unfortunate end. With the responsibility of raising his younger sister Lex distanced himself from the group as he tried his best to properly raise her. Two years have passed since then and now Lex has a stable job and is supporting his sister in her college studies when he gets a sudden invitation to meet with the group once more. No longer being as burdened as he was Lex decides to meet up with everyone again. A decision he may live to regret...

Bayonet RPG
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Author

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:45 pm

@ Bayonet - hey! he looks cool and you're more than welcome to join! can't wait to see how he turns out!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .euphoria. on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:43 pm

ImageImage

Khepri Mahajan | 26 | Naomi Scott| Correspondent at BBC | #C4A7CF

The golden girl. Khepri was always seen as the 'perfect' girl to most of the outside world, the perfect daughter, the perfect student, the perfect girlfriend, unable to do anything wrong because of her family name even with the friends she surrounded herself with. Below the surface of this 'perfect' facade, was a girl who always dreamed of leaving her hometown and her strict upbringing and never coming back, going from place to place for as long as she could without being bogged down with anyone. At first, she stayed hoping things would fall into place but after everything that's happened to her, she couldn't do it anymore. She got as far away from the city as she could and studied at the University of Amsterdam for journalism and political science and became an on-scene correspondent. She's stationed back in New York for now and her career has plateaued, nothing has piqued her interest like the hard-hitting stories that she used to do. Until now, where she just landed in the middle of the story she has been looking for.

.euphoria.
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!