Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

calamity

calamity

a part of “calamity”, a fictional universe by mombie.

A supernatural battle brews in the sleepy town of Beaumont Hills and secrets will be revealed in an unlikely group of seniors. Will they be able to overcome what truths they will find out about one another in order to save the town?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “calamity”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

calamity

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:23 am

Hello, my fellow RPers. This will be a continuation of havoc since the GM and their friend dropped off the face of the earth. This is a TEEN WOLF fanfic RP. If you don't know anything about the species, the GM of the Havoc RP has made a thread about them! Take a looksie.

I am only accepting new characters for the Alpha and the Banshee. The Banshee must be female, so it is a preference that the Alpha is male for gender balance. Characters should be 17-19 years old, high school senior age around about.

If you were part of Havoc, I decided to keep the name to ease the pain of adjusting profiles too much.

I will write the rules and such later, but honestly... I'm sure everyone knows them by now!

I will upload a CS sheet in a day or two.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Re: calamity

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:34 pm

The role of the Human will be available. This opens up the Alpha to be either Male or female given that the human is the opposite gender. The banshee must still remain female.

We have 3 spaces open for literate and committed writers to join a group eager to RP!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terraformer on Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:51 pm

Image Image II. the banshee
Loralai has it all: a big house, her own credit card, crippling insomnia, parents she never sees, and the delightful ability to know when death is knocking at the door. Oh, and to scream her bloody head off.
Loralai has cultivated a known status as an outcast that took a lot of hard work to achieve. She honestly can't bear the idea of getting close to someone and then finding out that they're going to die. Or worse, find their body herself. But with tensions rising and the voices getting louder, she might not have a choice.

Terraformer, Lorde, #228b22
Last edited by Terraformer on Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terraformer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Howdy there! I have reserved that for you. Thank you for joining!! You'll have 48 hours to submit a WIP and it can be blank. The character won't be accepted until it is completed.

Other than that, looking forward to writing with you and seeing what you come up with!

That said, we have the Alpha and the Human open. One must be male and the other must be female for gender role balance.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby nocturnus on Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:57 pm

Image Image III. Human
Dorothea Henley has lived in Beaumont her entire life - but never blissfully unaware. Thea was never a standout in the town, the shy book nerd that lived in the shadow of her popular and more lively sister, Brielle. So when the town sweetheart, her own sister, went missing her sophomore year Thea's life changed entirely. Her home was soon flooded with police and students who had never even given her the time of day offered their utmost condolences. Thea's never been the same after her sister disappeared, her grades dropped, she withdrew from her friends, and became even more of a wallflower than she had ever been before. She spent every ounce of her time looking into her sister's disappearance, it practically consumed her. Now as she approaches her senior year and her sister is nothing more than a forgotten memory, she feels as if she's never been more lost.
nocturnus, tashi rodriguez, #A393AC

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

nocturnus
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Lifegiver Promethean Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Image Image I. the alpha
Daniel grew up in Beaumont Hills and was a pretty average kid, for the most part. His life was turned upside-down a few years ago when he was turned, and just when he finally felt a semblance of control returning to his life, everything has changed again, and just in time for his senior year.
nonconformingrole, michael evans behling, #c47206
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Just an FYI, I am waiting for someone to respond to see if they would like to resume their role as Druid. I will give this person another week or so. Just as an FYI. I will also update the front page ASAP. I just haven't had much sit down time in the last two days. :)

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chompers on Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:00 am

That someone about the druid is me, and I'd love to keep my role as druid! I'll copy and paste my druid boy over here. Happy to discus any relationships with your guys characters, great to have you aboard!

Chompers
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Person of Interest Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:12 pm

I'm going to give everyone that is still working on their characters two more weeks.

Also, I will be opening up a Discord soon.

Given that those of us from the previous Havoc RP will be carrying over our stories, the players that are taking over the role of the Banshee, Alpha, and Human should go ahead and read the old RP. You can also take a look at the relations to see if you'd like something similar, or if you'd prefer to start from scratch and build something new.

The old RP can be FOUND HERE. Some characters have discovered some things about other characters. For example, my Hunter thought she saw the same clothes that the Alpha had worn both in his Human state and his half-wolf state, so she is wondering if it is the same guy or if she is just seeing things.

We'd love to work in the Human, the Banshee, and the Alpha as if you - the new players - have been there the whole time! So this little bit of extra time I am giving will help us with that, as well as assist with some plotting that needs to be done.

We will likely be starting the day after some time, and it's almost certain to be on a Saturday (post dance day, of course). So, I highly encourage you to read what little posts there are before the GM left.

<3

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terraformer on Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:02 pm

IS everyone in the dark about their classmate's powers still?

Terraformer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:32 pm

I feel like the original banshee was known by the original alpha and our resident Druid. It's really up to you. The only characters my hunter knows if is the druid and maybe the alpha depending on where the new alpha wants to place himself.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terraformer on Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:29 pm

Loralai is officially done!

Terraformer
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:24 am

Yay! I am going to be sending out relations to the new characters tonight to toss around some ideas. Both of the new folks look great, and I can't wait to write with them! Also, one of our members is having a bit of a family emergency, so we may or may not need to grab a new player for a certain role depending on how he/she feels. The date is still set for the day before MLK day regardless, so either that Saturday or Sunday.

EDIT I did update the relation codes to include everyone. :)

The Synopsis is pretty much this: Someone's potential date never showed up to the dance. Now, in Havoc, this was the Human character's partner - so we can shift that to a boyfriend or to maybe just a girl that's a friend in general. Or we can just adjust the story slightly to make it a random student that was supposed to show but never did.

Anyway.

The Alpha and the Banshee went to the dance together as pals, and they both know about each other's supernatural stuff. The Banshee felt that something was off - perhaps a feeling of death in the air. Jackson, our resident popular hot guy, forcibly began to shift. He ran out of the gym and Liam, the Alpha, followed because he always suspected that something was wrong with Jackson, and he was determined to prove it to the Banshee. Meanwhile, Reagan gets a text from her mother saying that there was some supernatural disturbance in the school. Of course, she has to do something about it, and she also leaves the gym. Brook follows because he can't seem to convince her not to go and check it out because - well, stubborn.

While the Alpha is looking for Thomas Jackson, he gets blindsided by the student that never showed up to the dance. Only she/he (depending on what we change it to) had their back to him with only hair to be seen, and when they turned around, the student's eyes were glowing white and she had blood and gore all over her face. They were eating someone, and the Alpha happened to catch them tearing a chunk of the boy's shoulder off. They lunged at the Alpha, a fight ensues.

Reagan pulls the fire alarm to get the students out of the school, and this stuns the student (of whom is a chimera now), and they flee to the air vents. The human character had a bad feeling about everything and was concerned about Thomas' fleeing from the gym. He was also with Hiro, who is our Kitsune.

The Banshee went to chase after Liam, but instead found herself in a Limbo world. She ended up wandering the school hallways and into the Chemistry room. She walked to the back of the empty room, and upon the last row of tables, she looked to see the Chimera. She screamed, and this caused the creature to scurry away (I assume). MEANWHILE, Brook has Reagan practically locked in the boy's bathroom because the Alpha is half-changed and Brook doesn't want her to see that some of the students in the school are, indeed, Supernatural. It is too risky with her hunter family. He hears the Banshee scream and that causes him to make for the Chemistry room and allows Reagan to open the door. She thinks she sees the Alpha against a locker for a brief moment in the same exact clothing of a boy she knows. But she can hear the Chimera in the air vents and chose to follow that instead.

That is where Riley comes into play! Our wonderful Werecoyote. Reagan finds Riley and thinks it's just Riley - the girl she knows, but when she turns she notices that she has also taken the form of some beast. Before the Werecoyote can explain anything, the Chimera has come out of the air vent for a fond hello. Pretty much Reagan got her ass kicked and Riley disoriented the Chimera. It fled elsewhere, and the last person to see it was Thomas and Hiro (I think). I believe that Thomas put it down, and the last thing he did was help to take care of the Chimera to make sure that the police were none the wiser to its existence. Riley went home, Thomas went home, and the last thing was Brooks was in the Chemistry lab with the Banshee, and Reagan had just walked in to see if everything was alright.

I think that's like.... the gist of it.... I am probably missing so much, but I am kind of tired right now.

THAT SAID You are free to place your new characters wherever you so choose and take the two weeks or so to figure out what happened with them. The choice if yours and the previous relations need not stand if you so choose. Since we are going to start the day after, I thought that I would lay this down just in case you don't want to read the previous RP. All of the characters would have been present during that night, but to what extent and to what knowledge certain others now have is yours entirely.

Also, if I missed anything important to the older folks - do add it in.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:16 pm

Nah, I think you pretty much-covered everything that you needed to. At least from what I can remember that's pretty much exactly what happened. Some people got eaten, others got their ass handed to them, or in some rare cases tasering a bitch's ass.

I'm looking forward to this lifting off the ground again and I eagerly await to see how everything unfolds with this take on this one. I missed my Werecoyote and am excited to see how she interacts with everyone now that the truth is kinda open, as well as the newbies being welcomed into the fold. :]
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:07 pm

The player with the Alpha role has had an unforeseen problem. They have asked me to open up the spot for the taking. If you know anyone that would take the alpha, it is highly preferably that they make a male to balance out the genders.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:33 pm

A discord link is here! https://discord.gg/hwWQafr

Also, I've put out a players wanted ad for the Alpha Role. However, we can start without them. I will be working on a post soon, and will hopefully have one up this weekend since I have a four-day. Woo.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Is this still open, or is it dead? Just thought I'd ask.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:08 am

So, I'm not going to lie - it's a tad on the dead side. Not sure why, but maybe it's the season. However, I know myself and at least one person is relatively active. I'm just not so sure about some others. I'm hoping it's just terribly slow but not dead as a doorknob.

We still have the Alpha role open if you want to take the chance on it!

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:55 pm

Sure thing! I'm very interested in the alpha role!

Image Image I. the alpha
Born into an old, and reclusive werewolf pack, Cole Cunningham has always been more at home with the supernatural than the mundane. His pack kept to themselves, and had minimal contact with the outside world, save for supply runs to the nearest town. However this didn't stop a band of hunters from finding them. His pack was mercilessly massacred. Cole barely managed to escape, along with his heavily injured alpha. As the alpha slowly succumbed to the wolfsbane poison of the hunter's weapons, he knew he was only slowing Cole down. With his final order, he told Cole to give him a quick death, and to live on. Reluctantly Cole obliged, and for the first time in his life he found himself completely alone. Now he's found himself in Beaumont Hills, and struggles with his trauma, and a desire for revenge.
CutUp, Robbie Amell, #ff0000

Hope that's ok, had trouble with the bio, kept making it too long. Man, I'm feeling rusty. Just came back into rping after a long hiatus.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:55 pm

I'm giving everyone one week to check-in as an official roll-call before I open up the spots.

Thanks!

4/7/2020

mombie
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!