Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Aurea Cor

Aurea Cor | Application

a part of “Aurea Cor”, a fictional universe by Verix.

What do you desire? Semi-private [Not Accepting]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Aurea Cor”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Aurea Cor | Application

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby Verix on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N

Hi guys feel free to post an introduction or whatever here lol. I might post announcements who knows. There will be an application before you can start on your character, but it's honestly really just to make sure people's ideas don't overlap.

I will be reviewing the apps as they come in but the final cut off date for when apps are due is January 31st. thank u .

also I have a discord where you can DM me or look at some questions and answers I already put forth. here is the link. ALSO There is a CS but I'll hand it out once your character app is done and you've been accepted. cool beans!!!

Code: Select all
[list][left][img]http://placehold.it/225[/img][color=transparent]xxx[/color][/left][color=black][font=times][b][size=250]NAME HERE.[/size][/b]
[size=100][i]legacy title here | sol or lumen [/i][/size]

[size=80]face-claim [sauce] : #hexcode
[i]quote or whatever idfc.[/i][/size][/color][/font]
[color=#bbbbbb]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/color]

[font=times][size=200][b][color=black][i]Character idea.[/i][/color] [/b][/size]

[justify][size=90]Give me a rough idea as to what you want your character to be. At this stage, it doesn't need to be concrete just more fleshed out than simply "a knight." I would like a diverse cast of characters to have fun with so I don't really want like 4 magicians all prodigies or something lol. be creative. feel free to go beyond what I have written. This can be written as a shitpost description as well if you want lol. so long as I get a good idea about ur chara ur GUCCI gang.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec vehicula, lectus nec bibendum eleifend, felis risus commodo risus, a facilisis sem felis in turpis. Nullam gravida vel magna condimentum commodo. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Donec sagittis ornare augue vel tincidunt. Mauris pretium nunc sit amet nibh suscipit sagittis. Morbi ac justo ut elit aliquet euismod. Donec venenatis felis nec nunc suscipit, eget euismod justo fermentum. In quis congue neque, et euismod libero.

[/size][/justify]

[size=200][b][color=black][i]Artifact.[/i][/color] [/b][/size]

[justify][size=90] bruh i want to know what ur thinking about ur artifact. like is it a ring? a censer? a sword? a three headed doll?? who knows. You're free to have ur character have an actual weapon as an artifact but also. i would also like to see different objects fulfill the same role if u catch my drift. i want u to tell me generally what this artifact can do and what soul resides in it. thank u!!

.[/size][/justify][/font]
[color=#bbbbbb]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/color][/list]
Last edited by Verix on Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perhaps

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

Verix
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: Aurea Cor | Application

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:58 pm

I am here and I exist and I will be submitting an application.
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:11 pm

thank u kind sir. you have given me my daily bread.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Verix
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hα΄‡ΚŸΚŸΚœα΄α΄œΙ΄α΄… on Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:38 pm

ImagexxxARCHIMEDES
    the white knight | lumen

face-claim [griffin beserk] : #cadetblue
    never turn your back to the valley of darkness.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Character idea.

Though taught to wield a sword and fight at the sides of armies, this man was never truly one for the dirty work. Softened arms and hands, though calloused and deep scars along the knuckles and arms. He was the one who, while at the front lines, is inspiring and charismatic. What he can’t do in strength due to body mass and height, he thrived in the game of strategy and surviving on silver tongue....

But he was an awful man.

Blinded by ambition, its hard for him to hold onto close relations. Hes nice to those he thinks will somehow benefit him, down the road or otherwise... but silently, his eyes are harsh and cruel. Judgmental to those below him. A douchΓ© if you will. With time, he believes all can prove their worth, or show just what they are made of.

Deep in his core, hes a coward who could never stomach the concept he could die. He’d do anything not to die, to rule a kingdom and have a palace of his own.

I think itd be lowkey funny if he bsed his way to leading a group of knights or something lmao

Artifact.

A necklace of red, a deformed face on it that resembles evil. The spirit inside is a grumpy one, one who values goodness above all else. Bravery. While its appearance suggests the opposite, it gives guiding help during charismatic checks with a [gm decides bc im PASSIVE] modify boost by telling the user exactly what attribute the opponent likes to have complimented. Their shoes, hat, earrings, nose. All of it is up for a quick tip.

Last edited by Hα΄‡ΚŸΚŸΚœα΄α΄œΙ΄α΄… on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
bork, went the dog

Hα΄‡ΚŸΚŸΚœα΄α΄œΙ΄α΄…
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:02 pm

ImagexxxCALLIDORA DEVALIN.
    the guide | lumen

witch girl [guweiz]
    When I was a child, I heard voices, some would sing and some would scream

Character idea.

A ruler follower to the core. She works as an advisor for the five familia's to help their children train to become the next king. Callidora (otherwise known as Cal) is a seer, one of only a few. This was her destiny as it was her mothers before her, and the mother before hers. Cal works as a guide of sorts. Each person has a destiny of some sort, but the path is always unclear or foggy. Cal can see the pathways a person must take to reach their destiny or the fate that awaits them at the end. People have free will, she knows, and that is why her guidance seems to fail at times. (especially for strong-willed people). She cannot make anyone do anything. She can only tell a person what they might become.

She seeks an end to free will. She does not want people to have a say in their own futures. She's a staunch believer that a sealed fate would be one that brings the most joy. It makes her head dizzy when people disrupt the pathways already provided. she needs structure and she needs someone to tell her what to do more or less. but maybe that is bc she feels inferior due to the fact that her powers are unstable. she doesn't have the finesse that her ancestors had. in fact, one may even call her a failure at her job. no one knows it yet -- she's been able to cover her mistakes thus far. but that'll really suck when people realize she's not as good as they think. yes, she can guide you, but her visions are only slightly clearer than someone who has no idea. Hopefully, with practice, this will change. who the hell knows. she's a tier II magician.

Artifact.

Her artifact is an Eye Miniature. An heirloom from her family, it has been passed down multiple generations. The Eye miniature creates an illusion of a person from someone's past for 30 seconds. The person summoned is corporal and can be struck down. It assumes the identity of the person for those 30 seconds. Once summoned they may never be summoned again.

Verix
Member for 10 years

Aurea Cor | Application: Celeste

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:17 am

ImagexxxCELESTE.
    the smuggler | lumen

Babe [Jyundee] : #dbc184
    "You coulda had a bad bitch" .

Character idea.

Celeste was not intended for the life she currently leads, instead her parents gave her to the temples to study and worship. Had she followed their orders, she would be a devout priestess uttering prayers to a higher being, bathed in incense and the jewels of her order. Though a life of comfort, it would also have held her chained by traditions. She claims it was the incense that made her leave, "I can't stand the stuff" or perhaps the endless rules. Either way, Celeste was meant for more than chanting ancient prayers. She had skills that she has developed over time, a name she has made for herself. Now, rather than singing haunting religious melodies, she walks a fine line between the right and wrong side of the law.

An 'Acquirer of Goods' is what she calls herself, though smuggler, thief, and occasionally tomb robber might also fit the bill. She is hired by the rich and powerful, or the underworld's dangerous to find items of value, be they protected by fearsome beasts or someone else's security force. The job requires a level of stealth and intuition that few possess, and the ability to ignore the moral guidelines others might follow. Celeste is good at what she does, but despite all the promises she may make, it is herself she thinks of first. Selfish at heart, she happily puts herself above others, even if the smile on her face may at times trick you into thinking otherwise. She hasn't survived this long being nice. She's a magician, her powers helping with her way of life, but idk what tier she is yet.

Artifact.

A short dagger which grants the user the ability to instantaneously teleport short distances, for example 'winking' away from an on-coming blade only to appear behind the attacker. In and out of battle it allows her to bypass physical barriers. The Via within is protective by nature and dislikes being alone. It cool.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby TriuvLED on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:44 am

ImagexxxLICORICE.
    the prisoner | sol

OC [(twitter) tomio ogata] : #uhhhcanitbeblack?
    but I'm a man made of flesh and blood / oh god just give me, what I crave

Character idea.

A SHITTY MAN WHO DOES SHITTY THINGS AND IS SHIT AT THEM. I'm thinking that Licorice comes from a family of known magic users, who have been imprisoned in Sol and harvested for their soul essence for generations. Basically, he was born into the prison and he lived there all his life... until one day, they actually drained all his magic out! And now he can't do magic! Since he isn't a magic user they uhhh just let him go lmao. They just kicked him out barefoot into the desert with his family "artifact" hahaha.

Since he grew up in the prison, I'm thinking he's an illiterate dumb bitch who doesn't know anything and is just bad to be around in general. Like a real bastard boy who thrives on his own suffering and only lives in the present and never thinks about the past or the future. A yucky bad man who is bad at things. He probably has his own twisted set of morals cultivated from "prison logic" which results in strange and incomprehensible reactions to normal situations.

(EXTRA: His name is Licorice because one time when he was a kid he ate a piece of licorice and liked it a lot.)

Artifact.

Licorice's artifact is a pair of silver handcuffs passed down through his family of imprisoned magic people. It probably only works for prisoners like himself. I'm uhhh NOT SURE WHAT IT DOES YET, but it's smart and is the only reason Licorice is alive (because it gives him common sense advice to follow). Probably a support? Or defense? Possibly something that allows him to take a beating? I think it is a little salty that Licorice has escaped his prison, so it sometimes gives him shit advice when things are going too smoothly.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

TriuvLED
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:52 am

AETRIUS KNOX | Cloaked | Uncloaked
The Former-Soldier| lumen
"They say war will one day end, but it never truly does. Not now, not ever."

The mysterious form known simply as "The Crimson Dragon" was known in tales and stories passed around for years. No one ever truly knew if they existed or not, but all that was known was that they were deadly with a blade, and were a well-respected foe and companion in the face of battle. Not many knew where this being came from, simply that they used to be in a royal army, and one day decided to leave. Never speaking a word of why. All that was known is that they vanished, to never be seen again. But then one day, a mysterious swordsman appeared from the shadows, acting as if they were one with the darkness itself. There are never any warning signs for when they make their presence known, all that is known of this being is that they are swift, light on their feet, and deadly with a blade. All one ever reports of seeing are bright crimson eyes, and the feeling of immense heat from behind before their life is snuffed out before their very eyes...

THE ARTIFACT

Aetrius' artifact is an obsidian black blade, that they keep on their hilt at all times. It is oddly light or heavy, depending on who wields it at the time, but one thing to note, whenever one has it in their possession that isn't Aetrius, they are plagued with dark visions of unknown origins. The blade itself seems to almost have a mind of its own, and tends to radiate an odd wisp of blue-purple light. While in the hands of its true master, or who is perceived to be the master, it becomes a deadly weapon in combat and is said to radiate and summon an odd light (fire) when the wielder undergoes immense stress, anxiety, or pain. (the blade being fueled by the wielders anxieties and when used for long periods of time can cause immense weakness and rage if used for too long and too often). The blade had a dark history, and an even darker origin and even Aetrius herself has no idea where the blade came from, only that it called out to her, and she found it.
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:13 am

ImagexxxSIRIUS.
    the architect | sol

OC [(twitter) tomio ogata] : #1b1855
    No man is an island entire of itself; every man
    is a piece of the continent, a part of the main

Character idea.

With a high propensity for genius and a recently developed tendency to isolate within his own brain, Sirius is an incredible asset to the city of Kardia but lately has been questioning the level of comfort his contributions bring him. He is known for the heavy implementation of object magic in his inventions, and has developed technology centered on ease-of-life. In recent years he was a major draw at EfevretΓ³n day celebrations and a rumored Tekhne candidate.

Unfortunately, the last invention he ever crafted had horrifying consequences. Initially intended and developed to be a solution to Sol's power capacitor limitations, Sirius created a way to sustain and amplify the energy output from a Sunbeam. The Military Science district of the Empire had other plans, however, and adapted his technology into weapons of genocide. Now praised by some parts of society and admonished by others, the massive guilt Sirius feels has pushed him over the edge into neurosis. He has sworn off inventing entirely and has chosen to become an island of a man, cutting his ties with the continent that is society.

Artifact.

A hand-held octagonal mirror. The Via that resides within is a wise but incredibly mischievous being, and often offers aid in a backhanded or inconvenient manner. Looking into the mirror will grant the user knowledge, but the price of said knowledge is vanity and the user is stuck looking into the mirror for a period of time relative to the significance of the knowledge gained.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:10 am

ImagexxxLaeliah Wym.
    the technomedic | sol

Ashe, Gavin Wynford [pinterest] : #f2d16b
    quote or whatever idfc.

Character Idea.

She is a petite and timid woman, her mother says; embued with the power of light. At first glance, the idea of her fighting is laughable, as she smells of an apothecary, has a dim right eye, and is slim of build and whisperingly of voice. Yet, when you get to know her truly, one will see the strength of a woman whose physical limits are protectively encased in the bone of her determination, technical prowess, and genuine care for those that help others. She has always been driven to provide comfort, relief, and aid for those that are injured in the line of war and trial. Her life is to give life, but it has not always been that way.

Her fingers fly with the skill of alchemy and medical marvel, but with such skill always comes the insidious promise of something more. To be great at something, to desire to be the best, is a pricy dream. She apprenticed under a lady that used Laeliah's quick mind and eager need to be one step ahead to create nasty, vicious, and unsuspecting tools that had lethal uses disguised as helpful. She is an excellent inventor of medical devices like her mother and one of the best to whip up a device that can be used in some combat medical way. However, she is a sorry judge of character, manipulatable, and far-too gullible. One of her "inventions" exploded due to a complication during testing and now she is cursed with the progressive degradation of her sight from the chemicals that were unleashed. It also gave her eyes a blood-red coloration, which makes her look unintentionally menacing than she really is. She can see for now, but her right eye is already in a noticeable state of weakness.

Her mother was renowned in Sol as a medical genius. Her inventions gifted soldiers mechanical limbs, combat medical packs that could hold syringes with medicines, coagulants, and more. Her surgeries were complex but very successful, and she was scouted on EfevretΓ³n day for a seat on the government as a Tekhne. With this new position, she would be in charge of overseeing new inventions that would see a sturdy and unstoppable military force, to include aid in bolstering things like physical limitations, endurance, and more. Laeliah's family was part of the Biotechnology sector of Sol. There was another family vying for the honor of Tekhne, and on the day of the event, they sabotaged her mother's invention and the family lost their chance.

She learned a lot from her mother, but most of all, she has learned to bolster her mechanical arsenal with magic for speed, efficiency, and more.

Artifact.

The Altum lives in a ring constructed of a fine near-white metal that winds around her left ring finger like a serpent. The soul that resides in this is seeking and swift, invasive and always trying to fix broken people. It had hopeful dreams and inspirations but got caught in a loop of forgetting themselves in favor of helping others without being asked. It alienated itself from friends, family, and peers by being overwhelmingly needy and drawn to the wrong people. It slithers off of her finger when it feels that someone is severely broken; physically, emotionally, or mentally. It attaches itself, instead, to the finger of the other and offers faux healing - a feeling of wholeness, numbness of the physical body, the mind, emotions. A high. Euphoria. Call it what you will, really. It would grant the ability to fight on despite serious wounds, yet it can also cause more injury in its wake. It can give courage but without a filter. It is a pseudo happiness and feeling of omnipotence. Once the host wearer has fulfilled their need for it, the Altum returns to its owner.

Mβ€’Oβ€’Mβ€’Bβ€’Iβ€’E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯
ImageImage

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TsundereChan on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Imagexxx DUAL.
    The Siege Engine | Sol

Liskam [Arknights] : #133264
    "I'm leading this vanguard, so if any one of you has anything to say, now's the time. No? Good. Stay close, follow my lead, and let's escort these bastards to their graves!"

Character idea.

One of the few in number demi-humans of the Empire, Dual is of the Vouivre race of demi-humans, known for an easily distinguished by the horns on their heads. Though she does not play a part in the creation of new apparatus that many contribute to, her duty is nevertheless important to the prosperity of the empire. She serves as a Second Lieutenant within the Empire’s military force, and is well known as the foolhardy shield-bearer with seemingly bottomless resources of bravado and confidence.

She often leads the charge in squashing other kingdoms and countries that aim to stunt the Empire’s growth. Embodying the motto β€œfirst one in, last one out,” she acts as both a spearhead, charging through enemy formations to clear a path, and a rearguard, shielding the backs of her allies if things go south.

She is seen as brazen, often speaking her mind. A cheerful soldier who’s attitude boosts the morale of those following the destruction in her wake, someone teeming with confidence and resilience. Some call her brave, others call her a fool. But at the end of the day, she has proven time and time again that should the empire find themselves stuck at a wall, she’ll figure out a way to plow right through it.

Artifact.

Defense type; A reinforced metal shield, made to withstand blunt force and resist attacks from those pesky mages. Fitted with a clear slot to peek through and lights on the front to either brighten a path, or blind enemies. The artifact itself was left in storage for quite some time as the Via residing within it wished only to be used by those willing to charge straight into the danger zone, those showing brimming fortitude and unwavering will. Those lacking the qualities desired were unable to equip the shield, those who could but showed doubt on the field of battle found the artifact rapidly gaining weight resulting in many a few broken arms.

The artifact grants the user with a burst of increased defenses, allowing them to take more damage. Whether it be by guarding an objective or person, or by barreling through enemy formation. However, if the Via within senses even the slightest bit of a lack of confidence, or the faintest hint of hesitation from the goal, the user would be lucky to retreat with only a broken arm.

TsundereChan
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Promethean Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:26 pm

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for submitting your applications. Depending on how well I believe I can handle it I might allow everyone who applies to participate within the RP. Remember, the deadline for applications is January 31st. If not though, there is currently one spot left in the RP.

Thank you all again

Verix
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phantasms on Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:22 am

ImagexxxCheneres.
    the chaperon survivalist | lumen

zaveid [tales] : #725858
    live life with action, not under a cage of regret.

Character idea.

Born to a nomadic tribe residing on the Outskirts of the Badlands, Cheneres’s past life had previously been filled with hunting and hiding. His clan survived by picking their prey. Killing the monsters small enough to fit in a basket, while running from the ones who were slightly bigger. While their chance for survival dwindled ever so slightly, his clan was able to survive for many years..until similarly being hunted themselves.

The ever-moving tribe stumbled upon an expedition to the Badlands led by one of the major Familia. The Familia in question had been struggling with The Competition, unable to produce capable vessels due to sheer bad luck. Of course, they weren’t unfamiliar with sin. They were politicians, with power always on the mind. However, this was something else..a desire more primitive. Under orders influenced by something that can only be described as desperation, the Familia had the tribe massacred, only sparing the children.

Brought back for the sole purpose of creating a perfect heir, the children were tested for magic flowing through their veins. With only a marginal few able to perform magic, the rest were cast aside, a crueler fate awaiting the ones who tested positive. Stripped of their memories, they lived their new identities as diligent children of the major Familia that massacred their previous lives. (This is getting kind of long. Most of the children died and somehow Cheneres was able to get his previous memories back AND escape. I’LL ELABORATE IN THE CHARACTER SHEET! HE’S A TIER II MAGE)

With a new lease on life, and a new mantra in mind, Cheneres prides himself as a β€œtour guide” of the Badlands. Where many have failed, Cheneres utilizes his broken memories of his past life to escort ambitious souls, gaining a sizable cut to assist in slaying various beasts and also the opportunity to search for more answers regarding his clan and their extermination. His services reside down a long list of connections, prancing so thin along the line of legality that much to his dismay; he is associated with the Underworld. Is it too much to ask to do some honest work? Though his jobs run the risk of a 50% mortality rate for his clients.

Living life solely to live it large, Cheneres grasps tightly the words of his old family. Told to deal with everything while bolstering a smile, he treats all like it would be his last, be it job, drink or woman. However, behind his hearty exterior lies a deep sorrow. Cheneres feels pressure to get revenge against the Familia who ruined his clan, but is halted by a heavy fear of magic and the prospect of recapture.

Artifact.

Artifact is 1000 paths, a wooden pipe with an ornate design. As one takes a hit of the artifact, the user will have complete control over their next action, a perfect forecast, if you will. If the user wants to make a behind the back, no look trick shot from the length of a football field, they would be able to without fail.

However, one needs the right amount of information for it to be successful. If one were to try a behind the back, no look trick shot from a football field's length, the user's perfect action could be thwarted by a blocker they were unaware of. They would also have to know information about the ball and the basket such as both's durability or if the ball has the ability to travel at a good enough trajectory to attempt a behind the back, no look trick shot from a football's field's length. This also works for more practical things such as saying the perfect thing to someone to make them go out with you, however, one would have to know a concerning amount about the person for the artifact to fully work in such a way.

Continued usage of the artifact results in temporary memory loss, especially forgetting details that would be important for the user of the artifact to utilize it to its fullest potential. One can only use the artifact every minute (and I'm thinking 5 uses per a battle? I'll be happy to nerf this artifact a bit more if it seems a bit too OP).

The Via of this artifact is quite the backseat driver. Frequently berating its owner on their mistakes, and attempting to aggravate its user to use the artifact. Also speaks in a British accent 'cause that would be funny.

Last edited by phantasms on Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

phantasms
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sepokku on Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:05 am

Imagexxx Quiet Footsteps Gently Padding
    The Other Perspective | The Collective Isles of Sarkonia

Karna [Fate Grand Order] : #Darkslateblue
    "You've never seen the Black Sea of Sarkonia?"

Character idea.

An idealist from the distant continent of the Sarkonian Isles, where it is considered taboo to take a name that you genuinely accept as yours, the man currently known as Quiet Footsteps Gently Padding has never known a real name. Though quite a free spirit, being born from a long line of militaristic patriarchs caused Quiet to be raised as a warrior, like most men in his Tribe. When the time came for him to take up the mantle and lead his tribe into war, however, he ran away, unwilling to die for glory like so many of his forefathers had before him. Of course, at the time, he had a different name, one that fit the son of a powerful Seer and warlord. Traveling the lands has caused Quiet to pick up and abandon many names, though this one feels like it will do for a while; Quiet after all is quite loud.

Perhaps due to his lack of choice growing up, Quiet has always been a free spirit, unwilling to be tied down too heavily by anything. Wanderlust has been the name of the game since leaving his tribe, and rarely is he with a lack of muse. Once attached so someone, Quiet can open up, however his usual commentary ranges anywhere from inane to completely unrelated.

Lumen and Sol are both interesting enough, but their fascination with names seems as foreign as ever to Quiet, that's not to say there is anything wrong with the people. Flitting from location to location has caused him to be quite amiable, though his tongue should probably be locked up with the rest of the silver, as it has caused him to accidentally swindle more than a few unwitting victims.

Artifact.

A large red gemstone, that once belonged to his great-grandmother, her mother before her, and so on. The gem had been held by the tribal Chief, who considered it an omen of great destiny when Quiet was able to ignite it. When active, the gem grants its wielder an immense burst of speed, as the world seems to slow down whilst the gem is aglow. While technically usable while simply being held, the Artifact works better when magically implanted to its owner.

The Via inside is a wisened mentor, one who jokingly chides its owner when necessary, it's voice is agender, though at times it can lean heavily in either direction. Tribal legend states that it had been found long ago, solidified lifeblood from an ancient creature the Tribe once fell and used by powerful Shamans ever since. The Via inside refuses to answer on such speculation, as it is beneath them.

Sepokku
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Friendly Beginnings World Builder Visual Appeal Conversationalist Person of Interest Greeter Arc Warden Property Buyer Storyteller Completionist Novelist Group Theory Helmsman Concierge Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Cult Leader Hordemaster

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Verix on Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:20 am

Hi guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied. I will be contacting people privately shortly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Verix
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:24 pm

Just stopping by to say how excited I am to see this Universe get off the ground! It looks fantastic and I'm eager to read the story. Good luck to all players!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!