Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

are we the waiting

are we the waiting

a part of “are we the waiting”, a fictional universe by partially-stars.

one last party, a fated group of friends, and a murder. these types of situations are never easy, but add in more secrets than they can count and explosive histories between them all... will they make it out alive?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “are we the waiting”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

are we the waiting

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:37 pm

hello and welcome! thank you for your interest!

at present, I’m thinking a maximum of 10 characters. you are more than welcome to play multiple characters, however I will not allow an initial reservation for more than 2.

right now I am undecided if the killer will be from within the group or not, so if anyone would really, really love their character to be the killer, please PM me or DM me on Discord! i reserve the right to decline however, and please, please do not make your character a stereotypical killer, I don’t want it to be obvious.

feel free to use your own character sheet, but here’s one provided by the wonderful Wolf’s Bane109 (and adapted slightly by yours truly)!

Code: Select all
[font=Garamond][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]circular%20or%20gif%20picture%20here.[/img]
[img]name%20from%201001%20or%20Fontmeme%20fonts.[/img]
[size=120][color=thought hex]quote or something if you'd like[/color][color=transparent]x[/color][color=thought hex] here[/color][/size]
[url=here]theme song (optional)[/url] - artist
[url=here]theme song (optional)[/url] - artist
[url=here]theme song (put as many or as few as you like)[/url] - artist[/font][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][right][img]img%20or%20gif[/img] [img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img] [img]img%20or%20gif[/img][/right]
[font=Garamond][size=120][color=hex][b]F U L L[/b][/color][color=transparent]X[/color][color=hex][b]N A M E[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]N I C K N A M E (S)[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]B I R T H D A Y[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]A G E[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]S E X U A L I T Y[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]E T H N I C I T Y[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]H O M E T O W N[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]H E X [/b][/color][/size]
here.[/font]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][font=Garamond][left][img]large img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]add images or gifs as necessary[/img][/left]
[size=120][color=hex][b]S T Y L E[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]H E I G H T  & W E I G H T[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]A P P E A R A N C E[/b][/color][/size]
here.[/font]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][right][img]img%20or%20gif[/img] [img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img] [img]img%20or%20gif[/img][/right]
[size=120][color=hex][b]L I K E S[/b][/color][/size]
here.

[size=120][color=hex][b]D I S L I K E S[/b][/color][/size]
here.
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][left][img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img][/left][size=120][color=hex][b]P E R S O N A[/b][/color][/size]
here.
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][right][img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img]
[img]img%20or%20gif[/img][/right]
[size=120][color=hex][b]H I S T O R I A[/b][/color][/size]
here. Please provide basic backround for your character, as well as how they met the group initially, what went wrong between them, what they’ve been up to since, and what brought them back to New York.
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[left][img]250x250[/img] [img]250x250[/img]
[img]250x250[/img] [img]250x250[/img]
[img]250x250[/img] [img]250x250[/img][/left]
[size=120][color=hex][b]R E L A T I O N S H I P[/b][/color][color=transparent]X[/color][color=hex][b]S T A T U S[/b][/color][/size]
here. This whole section is optional but can help flesh out a character.

[size=120][color=hex][b]T A L E N T S[/b][/color][/size]

[size=120][color=hex][b]S T R E N G T H S[/b][/color][/size]

[size=120][color=hex][b]W E A K N E S S E S[/b][/color][/size]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][color=hex]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you with anything!
Last edited by partially-stars on Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Re: are we the waiting

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:11 pm

ImageImage
Nathan Miller - 25 - Liam Hemsworth - #E19D29 - nonconformingrole
Nate was always the life of the party: he would take any dare, any time, from anyone. He had a troubled childhood, which led to a little bit of aggression in his teens. His friends knew him as an overall nice and gentle guy, but some people would really push his buttons, and he had a tendency to push back against authority figures. His life fell apart just after high school, his parents decided they were done with him, and he slowly started falling through the cracks. He had hardly been able to hold down jobs longer than a few months, and finding a reliable place to live had been even harder. He’s not always been proud of the things- or people- he did to keep his head above water, but after the group fell apart he had no one to turn to and no resources.
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:29 pm

Another great looking Universe, guys! Don't forget to put a picture up for your setting, though. I know it seems like I am being pushy (it's always totally up to you), but I am trying to help make the non-multiverses a little bit more visible on the front page. You guys are always so active, it'd be nice to see your RP up there on the home page. Unfortunately, the only way to be on the front page is to have a picture on your setting avatar instead of an empty one. :)

Up to you, of course. I swear I am not telling you what to do. u.u It sounds like it. Text.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby katyisaladybug on Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:22 am

hi there! so it's been a hot minute since i've been on this site. (a good few years, tbh) ya know, with *the virus* and all...what else is there to do but flex my writing muscles a bit and get back into the roleplaying scene for a while. so apologies in advance if i'm not as skilled with this coding and roleplay formality stuff as i used to be. anyways, here's my character. cheers! -katy

ImageImage
Gemma Donati - 24 - Anya Chalotra - #8B008B - katyisaladybug
Gemma looks like she's got her shit together, but she's reaching rock bottom. In high school, she was the geek who longed to party with the freaks. Luckily, she's the daughter of a renowned Italian jeweler and a retired Bollywood actress. She quickly discovered inviting peers over to her boujee Staten Island house while her parents were away on business trips was a great way to make friends. That's how she got initiated into the group. The parties were legendary...like, Gatsby-esque affairs. But that all ended Senior Year, when her parents came home early one night. The scolding she received from her father was sobering, and enough to make her break ties before college. Fast-forward years later, and Gemma's working as a freelance documentarian. She's engaged to an Italian businessman daddy set her up with. Their relationship isn't particularly pleasant, and both of their families hold dark secrets within heritage. Ever heard of La Costra Nostra? Gemma has reason to believe the host may have been on a hit list...

katyisaladybug
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .euphoria. on Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:31 am

ImageXImage

Khepri Mahajan - 26 - Naomi Scott - .euphoria. - #C4A7CF

The golden girl. The Valedictorian. Little Miss. Perfect. Khepri was always seen as the 'perfect' girl to most of the outside world, the perfect daughter, the perfect student, the perfect girlfriend, unable to do anything wrong because of her family name. Even with the friends, she surrounded herself with. Below the surface of this 'perfect' facade, was a girl who always dreamed of leaving her hometown and her strict upbringing and never coming back, going from place to place for as long as she could without being bogged down with anyone. At first, she stayed hoping things would fall into place but after everything that's happened, she couldn't do it. She got as far away from the city as she could and to become an investigative reporter. Hopefully one of the biggest in the world. She's stationed back in New York for now and her career has plateaued, nothing has piqued her interest like the hard-hitting stories that she used to do. Until now, where she just landed in the middle of the story she has been looking for.
[/center]

.euphoria.
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:19 am

Super excited to see all you guys here! Reservations are accepted and I have the front page updated! i've also updated the first post here with a character sheet and a little more info!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:11 am

ImageImage

Camilla Rhodes - 25 - Brie Larson - #A38E8E - Maci-Care

Camilla was the type of girl that loved being the center of attention and having the limelight on her. This sort of formed into making her seem like a bitch to some people as she knew people envied over her and felt like people either wanted to be with her or be her. From a young age she loved to sing and during her later years in school she learned that being the front woman for a band would give her more attention, especially having a pretty face, and thus she and a few of her friends formed the band Sophie's Valentine. Camilla wasn’t afraid to use her looks and charm to get what she wants, she also often blackmailed people who fell for her to get what she wanted and quickly discarded them when she was done. Camilla's band did seem to have one issue, Beautiful Strangers, Soren's Band. And was often annoyed Beautiful Strangers would play at most parties, but she knew it was only because of how he was closer with Jaime. Quickly after a death within her close friend group Camilla and her band got offered a record deal in England and quickly left their city behind to follow their dreams.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:24 pm

I shouldn't but, to help even the ratio a little here goes my male reservation.

ImageImage
|| Shane Tompson || 27 || Josh Dun || #0c9973 || wolf's bane109 ||

Like most in the group, he took to the party life like a moth to a flame. He was there for the music and social interactions at first, occasionally only taking part in drinks and sometimes dabbling in the harder stuff. But as things went on and progressed, he took a nose-dive for the riskier side of things. In his senior year was when he ran into the group, which only further escalated his drive for drugs and alcohol. It was only when he passed out and was rushed to the hospital for a possible overdose at one of the parties where things went wrong, that he was sent to rehab for three years. It was only when he was released that he was given an ultimatum, find something other than drugs to put his energy and passion into, which ended up being art and photography. He left the state for college when the group started to deteriorate, and lost contact for a while. When he finally came back last year he had a degree in photography and had his own line and was well known, making a name for himself as he left his past behind him. But now with the party, his past may just come back to bite him in the ass and ruin everything he spent the past few years rebuilding.
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby trudy on Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:32 am

Quinlan Rothschild, Twenty-Four, Otto Seppäläinen, #717B92, trudy
Quinlan's always been kind of an asshole. Conceited, Egotistical, the real cynic of the group. Most would say that the young man was born with a silver spoon, but he knows he could've landed anywhere in life. His adoption at birth was a private affair and something his parent's were very open about. However, he kept it a secret from everyone he knew. How he landed in the friend group is a mystery to most, if he was being honest with himself he would've never associated with the crowd in the beginning. Sometimes he believed that they only kept him there because he brought the best alcohol. Deep down, he'd never admit how much fun he had with all of them, how he actually felt remotely normal. Which is why he felt so lost when they broke apart. His money gave him new friends and new opportunities but everything felt superficial, fake. His life up until now seemed to be a complete blur and meaningless as he began the process of inheriting his father's company. So when he got the message to meet back up he jumped on the opportunity, not knowing exactly what to expect.

Image Image

hello hello, im trudy! I had an idea so I thought I might as well shoot my shot and reserve ^^

trudy
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Lifegiver Promethean Author Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotWhatYouThink on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:14 pm

Disregard then.
Last edited by NotWhatYouThink on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotWhatYouThink
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Promethean Author Tipworthy Lifegiver Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:24 am

Hi! Do you still have room for more characters or are you full?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:27 am

Thank you so much for your interest guys! However I've decided to limit the amount of characters to 9 for now!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:39 am

All good! Best of luck to your RP!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!