Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Omega City

Omega City

a part of “Omega City”, a fictional universe by Joseph_Bennett.

A city needs order. Who will bring it?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Omega City”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Omega City

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joseph_Bennett on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:37 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Omega City"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Yours Truly,
Joseph Bennett

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Joseph_Bennett
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 4 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Property Buyer Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Author Conversationalist Group Theory Arc Warden Storyteller Historian Person of Interest Builder Salesman Giver Greeter Inspiration Concierge

Re: Omega City

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:28 pm

Hello, and welcome to RPG! I see that you have created your first roleplay, so congrats.

A few things to think about regarding your RP, as to make it attractive to potential players. Firstly, it would behoove you to have some sort of theme to your roleplay. Think about what Omega City is. What setting is it in? What kind of race lives there? Are there Supernaturals or Humans, or maybe aliens or whatever you'd like. Players are not likely to join an RP that makes them have to figure everything out on their own. Seeing that you have posted your RP in a non-Multiverse setting, you may think about targetting a specific audience.

Genre is extremely important to non-Multiverse RPs (I say this because I have no idea what goes on in the Multiverse RPs). Fanfic (Tv Show, Book, Movie?), Supernatural, Sci-Fi, etc. This is actually the [b]first[b] thing you want to think about, actually. It will set the foundation for you to figure out everything else!

Lastly, there needs to be a plot - some sort of conflict, story. I will be the first to tell you that RPers in these kinds of Universes feel lost without having something to jump right into - a conflict is usually the best thing to start out with. That's just my opinion. Are the characters trying to escape something? Is there a massive fight going on? A manhunt? Was there just a death and now everyone has to figure out why, who, yadda yadda.

Of course, you also need other things in an RP that help make it great like a back story maybe, some non-player characters maybe, etc. Some things are optional. Allowing players to create character relationships amongst themselves will also add a lot of meat to your RP.

Oh, and rules - rules like no erotic roleplay, godmodding, metagaming, blah blah blah. If you have a preference for real-life representations of people, anime, or fantasy pictures, how much one should write for each post, how often one should post, and when one should expect a boot from the RP for inactivity.

To sum it up:
First figure out your Genre.
Then figure out your setting, and this includes no only the place but the types of people you want for the RP.
Lastly, set up some sort of conflict as to give players direction. Roleplayers here respond better to an active situation rather than a standard meet-and-greet.

Good luck in getting your new RP set up! I hope some of those tips help you out. I'm not the greatest DM, but I have been around the block for a couple of decades.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!