Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gods and Monsters: Olympus Has Fallen

NPC Index

a part of “Gods and Monsters: Olympus Has Fallen”, a fictional universe by Kohananinja.

{Reservations CLOSED}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gods and Monsters: Olympus Has Fallen”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

NPC Index

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:43 pm

A space to post your story NPCs: (Coding adapted from a template previously provided by Mjolnir. All ascetic errors are mine.)

xxC H A R L O T T E x C A R M I C H A E Lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x N P C x ā€¢ x Kohananinja only x ā€¢

Imagex
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xdemeter

a g o n x t e a mx // xpower rangers ā€” special

a b i l i t i e sx // xheightened sense of the environment , xchlorokinesis

s t r e n g t h sx // xmedical knowledge , xforaging , xrecovery

w e a k n e s s e sx // xweak , xmelee combat , xnot good with conflict

h e xx // x#181852

f a c e c l a i mx // x amandla stenberg
x
ā€¢ x indecisive x ā€¢ x quiet x ā€¢ x modest x ā€¢
x
Lottieā€™s decision to join the Agon was a combination of flattery and persistence on the part of Wesley Tate, who spent the better part of a year securing the shy demigodā€™s agreement to join his team. Her immense and rather embarrassing crush on Sebastian Rhodes may have also been a factor. At sixteen, she is one of the youngest demigods to join the Agon this year, but she has a talent for medical studies, and is one of the top in her year for the field medic track. Generally, Lottie has a reputation for being shy and a bit klutzy, but is regarded universally as a kind soul, and no one can deny her pure talent for the healing arts. In the team dynamic, she can get a little lost among so many strong personalities, and usually tries to stay out of the decision making process, instead looking to Wes for direction, or try to play the team's peacemaker.

xxV A L E R I E x J O N E S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x N P C x ā€¢ x Kohananinja only x ā€¢

Imagex
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xathena

l o y a l t yx // xrebellion ā€” strategic planning teacher

a b i l i t i e sx // xphotographic memory , xgenius intellect

s t r e n g t h sx // xweapons knowledge , xcunning , xcompartmentalization

w e a k n e s s e sx // xphysicality , xptsd , xtrue believer

h e xx // x#8a1401

f a c e c l a i mx // x angela basset
x
ā€¢ x brilliant x ā€¢ x bitter x ā€¢ x committed x ā€¢
x
Valerie grew up chasing her motherā€™s approval, always shooting for impossible heights to win the scraps of love Athena doled out sparingly to only those she found deserving. As a student she had been diligent, as an Agon contender, sheā€™d been prepared...or so she thought. No one could have really been prepared for what the labyrinth became. Val survived, but many, her girlfriend included, did not. Part of Valerie died with her, down there in the cold stone bowels of the maze, and the person who crawled out a month later was colder, irrevocably changed. For years, sheā€™d been a pawn in her motherā€™s game, but that day Val vowed never again. It took years, and the meeting of like minds before her helpless fury found a true outlet, and the time has finally come. Val is committed to her crusade, itā€™s too late to turn back. She only wishes she were able to completely detach emotionally from the casualties she knows will come.

xxT O R R Y N x W R A T H S C H I L D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x N P C x ā€¢ x Kohananinja only x ā€¢

Imagex
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xares

l o y a l t yx // xrebellion ā€” the chimeras

a b i l i t i e sx // xenhanced strength , xdurability

s t r e n g t h x // xweapons expert , xmelee combat , xexperienced

w e a k n e s s e sx // xanger , xhardened , xconnection to the rebellion

h e xx // x#120301

f a c e c l a i mx // x manu bennet
x
ā€¢ x stubborn x ā€¢ x stoic x ā€¢ x ambitious x ā€¢
x
Torryn, unlike many of the students he attended Legacy with during his time as a student, was not born on Earth. It isnā€™t exactly uncommon for a demigod to be born in Olympia, but it is rare for one to live there as long as Torryn has. For obvious reasons, the gods have long tried to limit the amount of information in Olympia about Earth, and whilst the people there arenā€™t entirely ignorant to the fact there is a world outside their own that the gods traverse as well, details about it remain sketchy to most, a place of myths and fairy tales featuring the oldest of their godsā€™ stories. Many of these demigods are taken from Olympia too young to remember it, and as adults usually choose to stay on Earth. Torryn did not come to legacy until he was 15, and the modern world of Earth was both wondrous and terrifying to him. After the triumph of his Agon, Torryn chose to return to Olympia, where he eventually formed his own mercenary company --the Chimeras. At 38 Torryn is head of one of the most powerful Achillos companies in Olympia, and wields the legendary Sword of Ares. More often than not, he is contracted to the kingdom of Corinthia, but has reluctantly been persuaded to add his men to the rebellionā€™s cause. Nothing in Olympia is ever truly allowed to progress, most of his homeland kept in a perpetual bronze age. Earth was never truly his home, but he came to see the value of its peoples unhindered growth. By tearing down the old gods, Torryn hopes to usher in a new era in Olympia, by conquest if necessary. It will be a golden age of progress, guided by his skilled hand.

xxM I C H A I L x A R I T I xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x N P C x ā€¢ x Kohananinja only x ā€¢

Imagex
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xnone ā€” distantly of the line of hera

l o y a l t yx // xNikolai ā€” the Gorgons

a b i l i t i e sx // xabove average strength , xabove average reflexes

s t r e n g t h x // xswordsman , xtracking , xintuitive

w e a k n e s s e sx // xtrusting , xcompassionate , xmortality

h e xx // x#110f26

f a c e c l a i mx // x Chris Evans
x
ā€¢ x cheerful x ā€¢ x ernest x ā€¢ x trusting x ā€¢
x
Michaā€™s family tree is a bit on the sketchy side. He knows his father was a mercenary, fought honorably for the Golden Bulls Company, and fell to Amazonian blades. He knows his mother was one, held his father captive for a year until the child she bore proved to be a boy. Heā€™s heard enough stories about Scythia to know heā€™s lucky to be alive and free, but Micha has never really been sure what convinced her to free his father with his infant self in tow. Mercenary camps arenā€™t a place for children, but growing up there wasnā€™t without its fun for Micha. There was no shortage of colorful characters following a company as large as the Golden Bulls, and Micha learned to fight and track as well as sing and paint. His favorite parts were the stories though, some old classics about the gods, others bawdy tales of recent conquest, Micha absorbed them all with relish, and is quite the skilled storyteller himself when a friendly campfire presents itself. The life of a mercenary is rarely a safe one though, and when Micha was fourteen, his father fell in battle. Micha no longer had a place with the Golden Bulls, and there were many among them far less willing to overlook the boyā€™s Amazonian blood without his fatherā€™s blade in the way. So Micah learned how to fend for himself as best he could, working odd jobs with his motley skill set and plucky disposition. He was in over his head on a job, tracking a chimera troubling a small farming village, when he ran into Nikolai, a battled tested warrior and captain of his own impressive Achillos mercenary band. The man seemed mostly amused by the scrappy teen, and after helping Micah finish off the chimera, claimed the boy now owed him a debt. So Micah left with him, and was properly taken under his wing and banner, amazon blood or not. Now firmly into manhood, Micha is still known as ā€œthe kidā€ to most of the companyā€™s veteran members, and is a frequent target of their teasing. Micha usually takes it in stride, used to their antics by now, but when push comes to shove, Micah is a skilled warrior himself, and is trusted as such.

xxC Y R U S x G A N A S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x N P C x ā€¢ x Kohananinja only x ā€¢

Imagex
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xnone ā€” distantly of the line of aphrodite

l o y a l t yx // xhedonys ā€” tends loyalist

p o s i t i o nx // xh e t a i r a i , xcouncil member

s t r e n g t h x // xsavvy , xobservant , xcharming

w e a k n e s s e sx // xjaded , xcuriosity , xcombat

h e xx // x#b58200

f a c e c l a i mx // x Robert Downey Jr.

x
ā€¢ x charming x ā€¢ x inventive x ā€¢ x orator x ā€¢
x
If the choice had ever really been presented to Cy, the life of a hetairai wouldnā€™t have been one he picked for himself. As a child heā€™d been inquisitive, and far more interested in the smithing trade of his father than the birthright status he inherited from his mother. Once there was a time he even fantasized about leaving Hedonys, making his way to Corinthia or even the famed white city of Athenapolis where those who loved to tinker were always welcomed. That dream had never been in the cards though, not really. His mother descended from a long line of hetairai, supposedly started by a child of Aphrodite herself, and they owe a debt of honor to her fair city. He belongs to Hedonys as surely as any slave bought for the Great Temple proper, though Cyrus must admit his bondage comes with far kinder accommodations, nor is he without power. Inheriting a council seat from his mother affords him certain influence, enough to indulge his hobbies in private, and be more selective with his favors than most. He is very good at his job, and has always oozed a certain amount of charm that has allowed him to navigate the cityā€™s politics with ease. This might not have been the life Cyrus would have chosen for himself, with its distracting silk and poisoned wine and secret hoarding, but heā€™s made the most of it, becoming a very skilled player on the board of the cityā€™s never ending game of power.

Last edited by Kohananinja on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Re: NPC Index

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:20 pm

xxxL o g a n x P i e r c e (english name)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x Narcasistic x ā€¢ x Selfish x ā€¢ x Barbaric x ā€¢

Image Anyone would be lying if they said they truly liked Logan, or his overall company. He exudes cliche power-hungry douchebag from looks alone, nevermind when he actually opens his mouth. Logan is selfish and manipulative to the core, even though he views as friends are treated as less when in his presence, often a miracle anyone would want to be associated with his is beyond anyone. Like most children of Zeus, Logan is arrogant and all too proud of his parentage and blood-line among the Gods, often coming across as far too arrogant for someone in his current place. Often being shut down sternly by Zeus himself as Logan is one of his least favorite children. For all too valid reasons. One thing to note and be wary of, Logan is the type to never take no for an answer and will continue his advances until given a reason to leave by someone else. He is bullheaded and once he locks his eyes on someone, they become his prey, and like all predators, he becomes blind to any and all forces around him until he has what he wants.

npc // wolf's bane109 only

g o d l y x p a r e n t // Zues

a g e // eight-teen (18)

s e x u a l i t y // heterosexual

h o m e t o w n // Moscow, Russia

a g o n x t e a m // Crimson Dawn

r o l e // brawn

a b i l i t i e s // enhanced physical strength,
minor lightning control/immunity

s t r e n g t h s // combat, physical prowess, can take a hit

w e a k n e s s e s // blood-lust, cocky, smarts (aka dumbass),

h e x // #b35305

f a c e c l a i m // alexander ludwig

xxxE r i n x D a v e n p o r t
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x Calm x ā€¢ x Aloofx ā€¢ x Reserved x ā€¢

Image Just like her natural attunement to vegetation and plants, Erin can be calm like a still forest in the breeze, or she can be as ruthless as a vine of ivy wrapping around a tree, slowly choking the remaining air from its victim. She is often seen in the back of the group, rarely talking much when around others. From what people know, she was only wrapped up in Logan's team due to her girlfriend's insessive pleading. Unlike Tarra, Erin cannot tolerate Logan and his ways for long periods of time. From the ways he looks at both of them, to the overall way he treats others, doesn't sit right with her, and due to her constant state of dislike towards Logan, she often wishes to change teams. Unlike the others, she understands Tommy's unease within being in the group, and honestly feels bad for him at times due to Logan's harshness that is relentlessly aimed towards the boy. Often taking some of Logan's blows and abuse instead of it always finding its mark on Poseidon's son.

playable character // wolf's bane109 only

g o d l y x p a r e n t // dionysus

a g e // nine-teen (19)

s e x u a l i t y // homosexual

h o m e t o w n // Brooklyn, New York

r o l e // support

a b i l i t i e s // madness manipulation, agrokinesis control

s t r e n g t h s // shield-combat, defense, distractions, naturally calm

w e a k n e s s e s // physical combat, concentration, emotionally unstable

h e x // #8c066d

f a c e c l a i m // Lynn Gunn

xxxT a r r a x A n d e r s o n
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x Resentful x ā€¢ x Inteligent x ā€¢ x Manipulative x ā€¢

ImageWhat the other tree lack within the group, Tarra more than likely takes care of things, as she is the true mastermind between the four of them. If you have a pretty face, you might as well use it to get the less than bright students to join your side, especially if they can be useful somewhere else. She views Logan as an absolute jackass that she couldn't give a single fuck about, but she knows his skill set and can't help but find his powers and abilities to be of use. She knows Erin only joined the team because she wouldn't stop asking for her to join them, as Tarra knows all of them to want nothing more than power, and if this is the only way for them to get it, so be it. She finds Tommy to be the real weak link in the group and is often condescending to him, but she gives him a break in comparison to Logan. Surprisingly out of the group, she is the only one that can calm down Logan and uses her ability to bring him to his senses to her advantage, often sending his fury and anger towards someone else. Tarra is one of Hera's least favorite children, but isn't exempt from her mother's favor. She knows her way of doing things isn't always what her mother would wish, but she can't help but see that the old gods are slowly starting to lose their touch, and knows there's only one thing to do left and it's to bring them down.

g o d l y x p a r e n t // hera

a g e // nine-teen (19)

s e x u a l i t y // pansexual

h o m e t o w n // New South Wales, Australia

r o l e // brain

a b i l i t i e s // physical prowess, high intelligence

s t r e n g t h s // physical combat, brains, ambitious

w e a k n e s s e s // quick to anger, short attention span, quick to hold grudges

h e x // #4c067a

f a c e c l a i m // elisabeth olsen

xxxTommy x A n d i c a
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x Childish x ā€¢ x Charasmatic x ā€¢ x Selfless x ā€¢

Image Unlike all three of the others in his team, Tommy had no idea what he was getting into when he joined them. He didn't know the reality of how grave and dire things would get, thinking they were simply joining the Agon like the others. Tommy is entirely oblivious to the reality of his team-mates attempting to uspure their parents, otherwise, he never would have considered their opposition. Tommy doesn't understand the anger he constantly receives from Logan on a daily basis, but does appreciate the girls help with trying to calm Logan down from time to time. Tommy just wants to get through the Agon with his team and will do whatever they require of him to succeed..

g o d l y x p a r e n t // Poseidon

a g e // six-teen (16)

s e x u a l i t y // Bisexual (closeted)

h o m e t o w n // Clearwater, Florida

r o l e // special

a b i l i t i e s // animal communication // breathe underwater, (minor&unstable)hydrokenisis

s t r e n g t h s // swimming, bravery, flexibility

w e a k n e s s e s // water dependency, temperamental, physical combat

h e x // #006994

f a c e c l a i m // Tom Holland

xxxChadwhick x Vhaun
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x Impulsive x ā€¢ x Detatched x ā€¢ x Ruthless x ā€¢

Image Unlike the others of Crimson Dawn, he knew exactly what he was getting into when the group asked him to join. He had been secretly planning along with Tarra to join their team when Tommy was meant to be lost tragically in an accident. The two had been secretly having an on and off again afair behind Erin's back for the past two years, and Chadwhick hopes to keep it that way. Along with Tarra, he is a strongly manipulative soul that wants nothing more than to see their parents fall. What people don't know is that there is a monster under his otherwise calm and boyish good looks that is just slowly bubbling and clawing its way out under the surface.

npc // wolf's bane109 only

g o d l y x p a r e n t // Athena

a g e // eight-teen (18)

s e x u a l i t y // Bisexual

h o m e t o w n // Strasbourg, France

r o l e // special

a b i l i t i e s // super intelligence, photographic memory

s t r e n g t h s // calculating, great memory, quick to action

w e a k n e s s e s // constantly in his head, physically slow, physical combat

h e x // #047d1c

f a c e c l a i m // jordan fisher

Last edited by Wolf's Bane109 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:32 pm

Image Image Image
xxA U G U S T U S x W A R D
xxxxxxā€¢ x N P C x ā€¢ x mjolnir only x ā€¢

x
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xhecate

l o y a l t yx // xrebellion ā€” leader

a b i l i t i e sx // xillusions , xconjuration

s t r e n g t h sx // xdeception , xmanipulation , xintelligence

w e a k n e s s e sx // xtrust , xmelee combat , xalcohol

h e xx // x#5A1116

f a c e c l a i mx // xtom hiddleston
x
ā€¢ x determined x ā€¢ x distant x ā€¢ x motivated x ā€¢
x
Augustus is one of the few teachers at the Academy that survived the Agon that most refuse to talk about. And, to be honest, he represses the memories best he can with diversion, work or alcohol. He's a good teacher, no one would claim otherwise. His students have often compared him to Snape but with a slightly friendlier disposition. His class is highly sought after, although challenging. Even though he can come off cold, people are often surprised how magnetic he can be and how easily people can be swayed to see his side. While distant, he can come off quite gentle but in a more cold kind of way. And though he may not be a mentor, students often seek him out leading up to the Agon for advice and words of wisdom.
Image Image
Image Image

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:01 pm

Image Image Image
xxH A L E x K A W I K A N I
xxxxxxxā€¢ x N P C x ā€¢ x mjolnir only x ā€¢

x
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xares

loyaltyx // xolympus ā€” the academy

a b i l i t i e sx // xsuperhuman , xpeak combat skills

s t r e n g t h sx // xpeace keeping , xstrategy , xhumor

w e a k n e s s e sx // xseriousness , ximpulsive , xfriends

h e xx // x#137585

f a c e c l a i mx // xjason momoa
x
ā€¢ x compassionate x ā€¢ x outgoing x ā€¢ x protective x ā€¢
x
Hale is barely seen as a teacher. Sure, he has the title and age on the students, but he still acts like he did when he attended the Academy. He's often seen as the big brother to most of the students. If someone fucks up, they hope that Hale is the teacher in charge of reprimanding because his punishments... well, aren't. Half of the time when you're wanting to break the rules and get away with it he is the one the students go to. He doesn't like being serious but that doesn't mean he can't be, or doesn't know when to be more serious. But in his eyes, life is too short. Hale tries to make his classes as enjoyable, yet informative as possible, which tends to make it the highlight of many student's day. But more than anything, he is always there for his students as a friend or a shoulder to cry on.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:39 pm

xxM A C A R I A x B A R L O S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x H I G H - F U N C T I O N I N G - N P C x ā€¢ x Kohananinja only x ā€¢

Imagex
g o d l y x p a r e n t x // xaphrodite

l o y a l t yx // xThe Gorgons

a b i l i t i e sx // xemotion manipulation , xweapons proficiency

s t r e n g t h sx // xcharm , xquick witted , xreading people

w e a k n e s s e sx // xphysicality , xinsecure , xcanā€™t keep her mouth shut

h e xx // x#781643

f a c e c l a i mx // x skyler samuels
x
ā€¢ x incorrigible x ā€¢ x sharp x ā€¢ x prankster x ā€¢
x
Mac grew up as an unwanted child, a condition sheā€™s come to learn is not all together uncommon for many demigods, but was painfully apparent in her upbringing. Her mother, the goddess Aphrodite left her first, the responsibility of taking care of a child hardly part of the womanā€™s purview. Her father, a mercenary of notable beauty, if not wealth, was hardly better suited to the task, and bitterly resented the sudden unwanted responsibility. Growing up in a mercenary camp wasnā€™t a particularly loving environment, but it certainly wasnā€™t boring either. More often than not, she was given free reign to wander about, getting into things, and up to mischief that a child so young ought not. For a while, Mac tried to vye for her fatherā€™s affections. She learned to play with knives like the boys in camp, tell jokes to amuse the adults around her and lighten the moods around her wherever she could. It never seemed to matter though. There was a coldness between them though, that Mac never seemed able to thaw, and it left a void in her heart that no amount of attention or praise from the other adults in camp seemed able to fill. When Mac was nine, things soured for her father financially. An unsuccessful campaign into Scythia left his Company devastated, and her father strapped for coin. It was her or the horse, and her father liked his horse. He sold Mac in Hedonys for eighty pieces of silver. She remembers standing there crying, begging him not to leave her behind as he haggled the price, how he left scowling that he hadnā€™t gotten at least ninety. Mac doesnā€™t like to talk about the time she lived as a slave at the citadel, and by the time she was twelve, the uncertainty of the streets, and the risk of being caught and flogged seemed better than the alternative of staying. She was careful to keep the brand on the back of her hand hidden with makeshift gloves, and with practice, Mac became very good at running about the streets unseen, lifting coin purses and valuables from uncautious and drunken tourists. That is how she met Nikolai. When he caught her, Mac had expected a thrashing, that was the inherent risk involved after all, and had happened before. Instead, he gave her a home

xxB E N J I x O F x C O R I N T H I A xxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x H I G H - F U N C T I O N I N G - N P C x ā€¢ x Kohananinja only x ā€¢

Imagex
g o d l y x p a r e n t x // xzeus

l o y a l t yx // xNo Alliance -- Yet

a b i l i t i e sx // xlightning manipulation , xsuper strength and endurance

s t r e n g t h sx // xobservant , xkind hearted , xsurvival skills

w e a k n e s s e sx // xsocial cues , xptsd , xafraid of hurting people

h e xx // x#4d3b03

f a c e c l a i mx // x alexander calvert

x
ā€¢ x sincere x ā€¢ x friendly x ā€¢ x hippie x ā€¢
x
Once upon a time, there was a powerful god named Zeus who couldnā€™t keep it in his pants. One might think the kings of Olympia would stop being surprised by this fact, but strangely not. The current King of Corinthia, a good, kind, and very handsome man, was no exception. The king had promised his only daughterā€™s hand in marriage to a powerful warlord to help ensure a tentative alliance needed to protect his land from the invading amazons, and the King very much needed it to succeed. Aniyaā€™s beauty was renowned, which of course was asking for trouble since Zeus could always be counted to muck about uninvited when there were beauties about. He disguised himself as a handsome guard before seducing the princess, leaving her with child just months before the wedding. Unbelievably inconsiderate. The good king of course did not know who the father was, and flew into a rage when his faithless daughterā€™s condition was discovered. The alliance was off, and the poor king was forced to spend an exorbitant sum for another year paying mercenaries to defend his lands instead. After she gave birth, the good king rightfully punished his daughter, sending her with her welp to live in his stables with the horses and dogs. To earn her keep, she was forced to scrub the palace floors barefoot until her hands bleed and bones ached from exhaustion, an act of atonement to clean her fatherā€™s house of her sin. It was too harsh a fate for a pampered princess though it seemed, for after a few years of this, she cowardly threw herself from a palace window, escaping justice before it could be fully done.

The welp fared better out of sight, the king could not kill his shame for pius fear of the furies and their wrath towards all those who killed kin, but he was eager to forget. Raised among the animals and out of sight, it was almost possible; that is until stories of unnatural strength for a boy of ten invaded his halls. Soon, the king realized his predicament, and had the boy brought to his halls. He was cleaned and groomed, and sat at the good kingā€™s table where he was taught to eat like a person. The boy did not like this, but he was made to learn none the less. At first, the good king did not know what to do with the boy, for surely such a creature could not be his heir. As his strength and power grew however, the king recognized a use for him, no longer a boy, but his Hound, and executioner. No one at court dared to plot against him now, lest they be thrown to his Hound and torn to pieces. At last, his daughter's shame could have a higher purpose, and the king was pleased.

Benji recalled hearing this story almost daily in the years he lived in the palace as ā€˜The Houndā€™. He didnā€™t even have a name back then, just hound. Sarah was the one who named him, a kitchen maid with kind eyes who would sneak him sweets from the kitchens when he was left to go hungry on nights he had displeased his master. Benji hated being ā€˜The Houndā€™, he hated killing, and the smell of charred flesh beneath his hand. He hated the cold stone of the palace and the noise and laughter he could hear bouncing off its walls but was always kept away from. It was claustrophobic, and some nights Benji thought he might go mad. Maybe he already was. Could hounds go mad? He hadnā€™t been given permission.

Benji was fifteen when Zeus finally took notice of the child heā€™d left in Corinthia, and was not best pleased. The king himself was turned into a dog, leaving his surviving nephew in charge, and Benji with a choice. There was a place, Zeus explained, for people like him. Beasts, Benji had thought at the time, if they were truly like him. Benji asked if heā€™d have to fight there too, and not wishing to lie, Zeus said yes. Benji was tired of fighting, of killing and the smell of blood, so he said no, and the god relented, setting Benji free of his cage and letting him wander. Cities were uncomfortable he found, preferring the comforting quiet of the wilds. Things made more sense there anyway, and he only left them occasionally to gather supplies from smaller towns. Sometimes when Benji gets lonely, he will talk to travelers he meets on the road, but mostly they find him strange. He supposes that itā€™s true, wonders if maybe he made the wrong choice all those years ago, but at least here, he doesnā€™t have to hurt anyone, and so he contents himself with that.

xxC O A L x A B E R N A T H Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxā€¢ x H I G H - F U N C T I O N I N G - N P C x ā€¢ x Kohananinja only x ā€¢

Imagex
g o d l y x p a r e n t x // xposeidon

l o y a l t yx // xloyalist

a b i l i t i e sx // xenhanced physicality , xhydrokinesis and gills

s t r e n g t h sx // xpatience , xwell read , xsword skills

w e a k n e s s e sx // xself critical , xhuman shield complex , xrepressed

h e xx // x#340b40

f a c e c l a i mx // x alex fitzalan
x
ā€¢ x stoic x ā€¢ x protective x ā€¢ x diplomatic x ā€¢
x

There are a lot of things that Coal Abernathy doesnā€™t like to talk about, himself mostly. Heā€™s always been the stoically unassuming type, quietly competent, and unlikely to boast of his own accomplishments. Most people have a general impression of liking the young son of Poseidon, but few truly know him past the diligently pleasant face he shows the word. Things are just easier that way. A problem solver by nature, Coalā€™s childhood with four younger siblings has shaped his self image into that of protector and provider. With a step father like his, Coal needed to be. Hard hands and heavy drinking also molded Coal into a perfectionist, seeking to preemptively solve problems before they started. It didnā€™t always work, as a broken arm in the 6th grade would attest to, but it helped.

When Poseidon came for him at fifteen, Coal initially didnā€™t want to go, to leave his mother and siblings alone in a home without even his meager protection. The god had seemed unimpressed with his protests at the time, though the next day, almost like magic Coalā€™s step father was arrested, and made a full confession to multiple counts of battery and assault. Coal could scarcely believe it at the time, but also had no more valid excuse to put off his father, who promptly took him to the Academy as he had already decided was best. Coal hadnā€™t liked it there initially, but he did come to make a few close friends, Harvey Gibson chief among them. He also met Lex, a girl whose company heā€™s come to rely on. It snuck up on him slowly, this warm feeling in his chest whenever she was around, but Coal likes it, likes Lex. He just doesnā€™t know what to do about it. Coal isnā€™t sure if sheā€™d even welcome that kind of attention, so heā€™s contented himself with just being near. Joining the Agon had never really been something heā€™d planned for himself. Coal was quick, and handy with a sword, but heā€™d never been a glory hound, or particularly ambitious for the things the Agon could give. Heā€™d joined first, because of Harvey, to watch his back, and then doubled his resolve once Lex joined, forming his team with the utmost commitment to protect his friends. No matter the bad feeling in his gut he canā€™t shake.

Last edited by Kohananinja on Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:46 pm

xxD A V I D x L A S K A R I S xxxxxxxā€¢ x high functioning NPC x ā€¢ x partially-stars only x ā€¢

x
g o d l y x p a r e n tx // xapollo

loyaltyx // xtemple of apollo

a b i l i t i e sx // xgift of prophecy, musical talent, archery

s t r e n g t h sx // xquick-thinking, versatile, eloquent

w e a k n e s s e sx // xanger, lack of outside exposure, pride

h e xx // x#3e5c59

f a c e c l a i mx // xsamuel larsen
x
ā€¢ x angry x ā€¢ x intelligent x ā€¢ x lonely x ā€¢
When you have as many children as Apollo does, it's probably to be expected that one or two slip through the gaps. Perhaps everything would be less painful if Apollo had somehow just never known David. But the god made several visits throughout David's childhood and seemed to be as fond of David as every other child. David had the voice of an angel growing up and was a bright, bubbly, gentle child, the embodiment of the sunshine that ran in his blood. And then, at the age of fifteen, David had his first vision. His mother knew of the reputation that the priests of the temple of Apollo had, and so she desperately tried to hide her son's ability. She attempted to flee New Delphi, but the priests came to her door first. Afraid for her own life and for her son's life if she didn't obey them, she allowed them to take David. David didn't fight that night for his mother's sake. But he tried to escape on multiple occasions, hating his life in the temple. The priests told him it was Apollo's will. Surely the god would have intervened if he objected? And bitterness grew in David's heart towards the god. In reality, the god was unaware that David was in the temple, and believed all of the oracles were there willingly. He's stopped trying to escape now, resigned to his life of servitude and feeling little more than a tourist attraction.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!