Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

ad infinitum

ad infinitum

a part of “ad infinitum”, a fictional universe by partially-stars.

Strange occurrences in Cascadia College have the students and staff wondering and worrying about the true nature of the college's secrets.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “ad infinitum”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

ad infinitum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:55 am

hello and thank you for your interest! there is a rough guide to the various types of arcane students available, if you have any different ideas or aren’t sure where your idea would fit, please let me know!

also, as a side note, if you are interested in playing a staff member, please let me know, as I’d definitely consider adding a few staff characters if we have sufficient interest, otherwise, all staff will be NPCs!
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Re: ad infinitum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:09 am

Hello all, I am Maci-Care, but just call me Maci :3
Favorite book at the moment is Throne of Glass (series) or Zenith (The Andromeda Series)

ImageImage
Isabella Vayne - 19 - Arcane - #C24E00 - Alina Kovalenko - Maci-Care

So to put it shortly, think of her as like a female Draco Malfoy. Family line of going to Cascadia College. Her and her family don’t believe they should’ve opened their doors to “all” and shoudlve kept it small. Acting and believing she is better than everyone else. Oh and her major is Criminal Justice/Minor in Political science, not sure if too important, but thought I'd add with it being a college.

If anyone has any questions about my character or ideas of working together, please let me know. ALSO! If you need any help with anything, I’m just a DM away!
Last edited by Maci-Care on Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:05 pm

ImageImage

Beauregard Taliesin - 22 - Arcane - #414c82 - Ellen Page - Wolf's Bane109

Beau comes from a long line of strong and well known Arcane users, and has more than enough stress on her shoulders to strive for greatness and power. If she can't control her powers, what good to the family name is she if Beau can't cast a simple spell without it firing back at her or not working at all? Beau tends to feel like all eyes and judgement are always on her, and all she wants to do is please her family's name and not be more of a disapointment than she already is to them.

As for favorite book, that's a tough one. But probably any of the ones from the Percy Jackson series. :)
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Hey! This is giving me serious Magicians vibes and I'm totally here for it :)

ImageImage
Aritza Jackson - 18 - Arcane - #3090C7 - Abdulaye Niang - ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

So Ariza is pretty much the grown up version of an old Harry Potter OC I had from a few years ago. Magic had been long diluted in his family's blood due to most of their users dying young so he's one of the few to still practice Santeria and the first of his kin to attend Cascadia College. While he initially scoffed at the idea of attending, the scholarship Cascadia offered far surpassed his other college prospects and his knack for magic has always surpassed his knack for more normal school subjects. The question is whether he will flame out like the rest of his family members or make a name for himself in the arcane industry.

My favorite book has an always will be The Disaster Artist, but Breakfast at Tiffany's comes in as a close second!
Last edited by ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:27 pm

Loving all these character concepts so much guys, can’t wait to see them! Reservations are all accepted! :D

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Funny Valentine on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:35 pm

Hello there! Remember me? I am returning to the site because I need some writing in my life. This roleplay reminds me somewhat of Netflix's The Order and if it is or isn't based around that, I am still interested either way! I'd like to reserve two characters, if I may.

ImageImage
Ezekiel Johnson | 19 | Arcane | #9BBC88 | Daniel O'Brien | Funny Valentine

Ezekiel is the only Arcane in his immediate family, which many members of his family do not know. It is very hard trying to keep his abilities a secret but he has done so thus far. He's attending Cascadia College to get a better understanding of what he can exactly do and how strong can his abilities be. He's studying Criminal Justice with the hopes of being a Crime Scene Investigator one day. It will be perfect for him, to be honest.

ImageImage
Geoffrey Larson | 20 | Human | #2F4F4F | Tyler Posey | Funny Valentine

Geoff is a bit of a bad boy that doesn't really associate himself with the rumors that swirl around Cascadia College about him. He has been absolutely nothing but trouble since he's been at the college and has yet to decide on a major or even a minor. He's really only there for the amusement.

My favorite book would have to be The Fault In Our Stars. But hope this is enough to secure a reservation. If you need anything else, please let me know. :)
Last edited by Funny Valentine on Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funny Valentine
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Tipworthy Author Greeter Promethean Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:20 pm

yes, i decided to join after all. please pretend to be surprised.

Image Image
Monet Grey | 18 | Arcane | #AE6378 | Kiernan Shipka | nonconformingrole
Monet is a lot of things: opinionated, kind enough, outgoing. They love attention; their real dream is to be an actor. As it is, they're from a pretty average arcane family. They get by, but nothing special. Their name (though it does rhyme; and trust me, they're aware) isn't opening any doors for them, and they're okay with that.

Image Image
Booker Price | 21 | Human | #5B7D87 | Michael Evans Behling | nonconformingrole
Booker's got a lot to live up to. Big name, older sister to be constantly compared to, he grew up always feeling like he had to do the most just to be average. He came to Cascadia to get a break from his family. It's pretty far from his hometown, and he gets left alone. It works for him; easier to focus without them breathing down his neck.

the song of achilles destroyed me and made me cry for a solid hour after i finished it, so i've decided that it's my favorite.
Last edited by phosphene on Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpellBoundDead on Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Image Image

Minourie Lacoste -- 19 -- Human -- #ᗪ6ᗷ258 -- Zendaya Coleman -- sᴘᴇʟʟʙᴏᴜɴᴅᴅᴇᴀᴅ

Minourie comes from a long bloodline of arcane users and humans. Both her parents and all of her siblings are arcane users but she came out as a 'dud', in her words. She takes advantage of the freedom her parents gave her, finding that not having any abilities puts less pressure on her from them. Even so, in return, she strives to keep up with her magical siblings. Majoring in linguistics, they often come to her for arcane translations.

I will have to say that my favorite book is caroline by Neil Gaiman! I love the thriller of it all and the concept. It was a pretty good read for me.

SpellBoundDead
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:55 am

hello all! all reservations are accepted, hopefully should be getting around to updating the front page later!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Welcome Spellbound!
Love the idea of your character, thought of doing something similair tbh. Cant wait to see it!

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:25 pm

Hi, hope I'm not late to the party.

ImageImage
Darcy Jones- 20 - Human - #eb5bc9- Skyler Samuels- phoenixheart

Darcy is smart. And she knows it. She's the first in her family to go to college and boy, do her parents love telling people about that. Not one to be complacent in her ambitions, the moment she knew Cascadia was opening its doors to a wider audience, she was prepping her application. She got here on the basis of her mind, no matter what anyone else says.

Favourite book is Sister by Rosamund Lupton. It's beautiful and heartbreaking, and one of those books that ended up being exactly what I needed.

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:41 am

@phoenixheart:

Hey! You’re not too late at at all! She looks great, can’t wait to see her!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:59 am

hello! may i please reserve two characters?

ImageImage

Lucia Luciani | nonbinary (they/them) | 20 | arcane (I think..? I'm kinda going back and forth atm) | #f19b4c | Quintessa Swindell

(i'll fill this in asap once i decide whether they're gonna be arcane or not, but what i got so far is: bougie family of arcanes, used to coasting by on it. Has grown aware of their family's history of classism and cruelty, and yet clings to wilful ignorance because they're reluctant to separate themself from the perks and prestige. Their bond with their half-sister, however, has made this ignorance increasingly difficult to force)

ImageImage
Carla Luciani Williams | ciswoman (she/her) | 19 | arcane | #AEBCE3 | Damaris Goddrie

the circumstances of Carla's birth were scandalous, but not especially shocking, after due consideration. Her father, a member of the renowned Luciani clam, had always been infamous for his wandering eyes. His marriage did nothing to hinder his pursuing of one of his household staff, and when Carla's mother fell pregnant, he sent her away with little thought. It was several years later, when he became aware of his Carla's arcane magic that he deftly took custody, once again leaving Carla's mother in the dust. She hasn't seen her mother since, and Carla searches for her now that she has aged into independence. She has also since pointedly abandoned the Luciani name, despite the many perks it once offered.

((Ooh, this is a tough one, but I think Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower holds the top spot for me- I become a wreck every time I read it.))
Last edited by rubytuesday on Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:45 am

@rubytuesday: hello my dear! They both look super interesting, can’t wait to see them!

(And oh my god yes, I loved perks as a teenager to the point I refuse to reread it in case I don’t love it as much now xD)

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:43 am

*gasp* a potential nonbinary buddy for Monet? i love to see it.

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:31 am

So I’m aware we’ve a few latecomers who are still working on their characters (and no pressure on that front!) but I’m thinking about starting posting maybe by Wednesday if that works for everyone? So if you could have your characters mostly done by that point and relations at least started, that would be great! (Don’t worry about posting your relations, if you just have them discussed that’s fine!) (but we would appreciate being let in any drama. just saying.)

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:35 pm

I don't need to drop another favorite book do I?

ImageImage
Lisa Chu - 19 - Arcane - #E10600 - Lauren Tsai - ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

With amazing grades, a long line of Ivy League alumni, and accolades from nearly every competition she's entered, it came as a surprise that Lisa picked Cascadia College of all places to attend. With no renown outside of being extremely exclusive (and somewhat prestigious) until about a decade ago, it didn't make any sense, well unless you accounted for the mystery surrounding the institution. She had long heard rumors that the college housed a secret society along with other myths that appealed much more than Harvard, Yale, or Oxford. And who better to investigate than a Journalism major?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!