Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gods Among Us: The Godslayer

Gods Among Us: Relationships

a part of “Gods Among Us: The Godslayer”, a fictional universe by Venuskyy.

For longer than anyone can remember the Gods have been a staple of everyday life in our world. The ultimate gift upon a human would be to become a God and with that gift came the vastly familiar human emotion; jealousy.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gods Among Us: The Godslayer”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Gods Among Us: Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:35 pm

Code: Select all

[center][img]character name[/img]
[img]Character img or gif[/img][/center]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/qc6cd2x.jpg[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#91d299]A L A N S   A N D E R S[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/88/0e/3a/880e3a94dd592b7b5c7bc8540c563667.jpg[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#91d0d2]I S L A  A D A N [/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ks19Q6D.jpg[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#9f4b4b]O S W A L D  S T O N E[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://www.celebritytalent.net/sampletalent/photos/sm/56190237.jpg[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#a7aac4]J O S E P H I N E  J O N S D O T T E R[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/d4OnsA6.png[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#C0A7C5]J O A N N A K U R T Z[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/p4xSans.png[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#a87c5f]A H Y A E D O L A[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/uJvGccq.png[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#659EC7]G R E G O R Y H E N D E R S O N [/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/B1ew9sF.jpg[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#DE9E47]C A T A R I N A D E L A C R U Z[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/lrYF6Co.jpg[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#b3832f]P R A N A V B A N D A R A[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/iqrzBCw.jpg[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#a8a8c0]D E S T I N Y R I B I E R O[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/8LvyA5F.jpg[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#8CABA3]T H E O S V E R R E[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/lneIDnR.jpg[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=HEX]S E O D A E Y O U N G[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

[hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[left][img]https://i.imgur.com/4WAsPyw.jpg?1[/img][/left] [font=consolas][color=#19211f]A R S E N S T J A M E S[/color]

"Quote"

"Words"[/font]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Venuskyy
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Promethean Tipworthy Conversationalist World Builder Author Inspiration

Re: Gods Among Us: Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:04 pm

ImageImage

Image A L A N S A N D E R S
“Mhm – he’s much more fun after you get him riled up a little.”

Silva was a northern star of the Pantheon. He burned bright, pulling others into his gravitational pull. He had a hunger beneath the surface, Catarina had gleaned it from him the first day they met. She’d felt it too, their vessels drawn to one another in the primal sort of way only possible through raw human instinct. Heated discussions fanning that fire, arguing was like an aphrodisiac for them. When she felt herself losing she’d amplify those emotions, distraction was a powerful tool. Desire wasn’t her domain so he’d detect her influence sometimes – though she could usually still use her charm and wiles to avoid his wrath. Catarina knew better than to rely on something as fickle as desire for gaining favor. She fed Silva the secret tensions she gleaned from others, rarely asking for anything in return except maybe an off-the-books visit with Oswald.

Image I S L A A D A N
“I know better than to let her see into my mind.”

Catarina thrives when she’s allowed discretion, something that Isla was able to unravel with ease. That innate intuitiveness that not even Nemesis could evade. It made Catarina avoid the god like the plague, filled with dread every time she saw her. An instinctual repulsion, or maybe Nemesis’ guidance manifested. She knew better than to underestimate a major god, even if they were disconnected with their essence – no matter how much she wanted to take a look into Isla’s mind for herself.

Image O S W A L D S T O N E
"What was done to him was a crime against the gods of war….but we don’t have time to get into that."

Memories were a funny thing, often so clouded with uncertainty. Szen was a constant through her lives. When she learned what happened to him, she demanded him to be released. As the god of consequences it was her divine duty to do so. She was patronized by the major gods of the patheon who insisted it was in Szen’s best interests. She visited Oswald as often as possible, and then some depending on how generous Alan was that week. They’d tell stories from previous lives from during times of war, when the lands ran rivers of blood and bodies stacked high as far as the eye could see. Sometimes Catarina would play on the rivalry between families, just so she could regale Oswald with the story for some sort of cheap thrill.

Image J O S E P H I N E J O N S D O T T E R
"Finally, a major god with some actual knowledge on war."

Catarina hadn’t been sure she’d ever meet Minerva, Nemesis had spoken of her fondly – often thinking the Pantheon needed the God of War and Wisdom now more than ever. Catarina felt like Minerva was the most competent among the other major gods of war. Though Catarina served no god, she did feel a sense of duty to Minerva. She has yet to have sought her out in this lifetime, but senses her presence.[/ size]

Image J O A N N A K U R T Z
"Such a curious thing…"

Image A H Y A E D O L A
"Bit of a brat….but I suppose I’m fond of her anyways."

Ahya kept her head down, did her work – paid her dues. It was enough to make Catarina roll her eyes, but Ahya had a measure of taste that Catarina appreciated. They often found themselves called to the same doorstep, bickering like sisters about who gets to claim divine justice. Admittedly Ahya had grown on Catarina, and though she may not be a god of war she was alright by Nemesis’ standards.

Image G R E G O R Y H E N D E R S O N
"A worthy adversary."

Horsemen were a rare breed, laden with the sort of power Catarina was wary of. They were weaker alone, she took comfort in that. He was silver tongued, something she admired but never fell for. His intentions were clouded even when their interests were aligned. People were drawn to him like moths to the flame, his shiny exterior polished to perfection. She had always admired his ability to work the room, inspire the crowds – something she never mastered, preferring one on one. They’d play their games, neither ever really winning but taking great delight in the small moments of triumph against one another. Neither allowing themselves to cross that line, sure to always leave room for a potential allyship should they ever grown that desperate. She’d grown to enjoy their dance, as tedious as it had become.

Image P R A N A V B A N D A R A
"He has a soft heart, we have enough of those as majors in the Pantheon."

Another major god placed in a position of power just because of some archaic rank. It was hard for Catarina not to grow spiteful – not just because of her nature, she knew she deserved more. When keys to the kingdom are handed to the likes of a child, it was hard not to take offense. He was an optimist, eternal sunshine glowing from within. She couldn’t glean an iota of hate in his mind or heart, it was sickening. She lingers in the sidelines, watching him – waiting for her moment. It sometimes took years for people wholly transition after their emergence and the boy had already demonstrated a need for some hand-holding. She knew all she needed to win his total loyalty was one moment where she came to his rescue – as pathetic as he may be she’d prefer to have to have him beside her than opposed.

Image D E S T I N Y R I B I E R O
"The river goddess? I’m sure she’s a nice girl, I just have no use for her."

Lesser gods bear little interest to Catarina, no matter how lovely they might be.

Image T H E O S V E R R E
"A street rat – a helpful one, but a street rat regardless."

Nemesis wasn’t very fond of the god of beasts, found them to be more of a pest than a fellow god. Catarina however was rather fond of the vessel housing Sal. Neither of them had any divine inspirations yet were given a second life as gods. They’d both emerged from the lowest of lows, an added nuance to the transition that not every god understood. He held even less political weight than she did, that should have been reason enough for disinterest. Yet at night they’d still cross paths running through the lower streets, Sal ambling behind her sniffing trash as some junkyard dog. He was a pest, a scoundrel – but a kindred spirit nonetheless.

Image S E O D A E Y O U N G
"The vessel interests me…"

Dae mostly kept to his own realm. When he came to events at the Pantheon he gave little to work with as far as conversation goes, always so stiff in that traditional garb. Catarina has yet to have found her in with Dae, though she can glean his own inner conflict against his god. She isn’t sure how this could come into play, but she keeps notes.

Image A R S E N S T J A M E S
"If you ever try to come between us I will literally shank you."
“They don’t make them like him no more…”

Fear was a survival instinct that failed Catarina, too filled with spite ever develop that voice that warned you of impending peril. The only thing that ever came close was Death, though more often than not she mistook that fear as something exhilarating instead; that sunken feeling when the roller coaster dropped. Every time those ice blue eyes beheld her; she’d forget how to breathe for a moment. She didn’t have to pry her way into his grasp, his palm was open for her to curl into. He fed into her worst impulses, inking her in darker shades. Someone smarter wouldn’t be so coy with death. He could kill her in an instant, his touch alone was lethal – but that’s what made it so exciting. She put faith in his fondness for her flesh to deter him rotting it away.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:26 am

"He doesn't make much of an impression on me. Major gods usually don't."

"Words"

Image I S L A A D A N

"She's a flippant drunk, but good company otherwise."

"Words"

"A tragedy and truly a victim of Emergence."

"Words"

"Minerva just wait and I will free you."

"Words"

"Quote"

"Words"

Image A H Y A E D O L A

"Quote"

"Words"

"This is me."

"Words"

Image C A T A R I N A D E L A C R U Z

"The mongoose versus the cobra."

"Words"

"Navi is far too meek of a soul for Ra, but he's nice nonetheless."

"Words"

"I don't know too much about her."

"Words"

"A bystander and friend of Nem. He's far too neutral for my liking, but a tolerable person nonetheless. "

"Words"

"Oh to Emerge in the body of someone with such high influence."

"Words"

"Quote"

"Words"

Image C H E R I S E V I O L E N I J I M A

"The esteemed Cannibal Queen. I can't say I know her too well, but she has cleaned up for me a few times."

"Words"

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:41 pm

"Quote"

"Words"

Image I S L A A D A N

"Quote"

"Words"

"Quote"

"Words"

"Quote"

"Words"

"Quote"

"Words"

"i know far more about him than either of us would like."

the way they met was pure coincidence, and far more intimate than any first meeting had any right to be. she was carrying out her usual business, prepared to wreak some sort of havoc within a person's consciousness, only to find that said person's consciousness was already occupied by a similarly unwelcome visitor. Greg was in control of the person she was attempting to visit, and as a result she unintentionally skipped right through her intended consciousness and into Greg's. By the time that she had gathered herself, and realised what had happened, she had already been exposed to Greg's subconsious, and the elements of his mind that he has kept so carefully hidden from all but a select few. in a select few moments, she became more intimately aware of his personality and secrets than almost anyone else Greg knows. suffice to say, their interactions are somewhat odd, with Ahya yet to figure out exactly how best to act within their unique circumstances. the majority of the time, her conclusion is to just stick to her usual snarky self, dropping the occasional way-too-close-to-home quip if he ever irritates her too much.

Image C A T A R I N A D E L A C R U Z

"We bump into each other a lot, but even if we didn't, I wouldn't mind hanging out with her... if she stops being a little shit for like five minutes, anyway."

the two have quite similar jobs, what with so many people's 'unfinished business' involving a deep desire for vengeance (go figure). as a result, they often bump into each other on their respective 'jobs'. it could have led to a viciously competitive rivalry, but really, their relationship is more like two siblings fighting over the remote. they bicker plenty, but they also do genuinely enjoy one another's company, and tend to agree with each other on just about everything. except, of course, who gets to inflict divine justice on an unwitting sinner, and who has to sit back and watch.

"i've yet to meet him, but i've heard is a good sort"

with Pranav being a rather new addition to the pantheon, the two haven't yet had the opportunity to meet- a situation that will certainly be remedied soon.

"she's my number one self-care advocate. i don't listen, but the insistence to take care of myself is nice."

years ago, a poor soul escaped a bathhouse from which she had been imprisoned for decades, only to find that her lost love had moved on and had her own family, and her parents, her only family members, had both passed away years before. the relief and gratitude she had felt for her freedom was dashed, leaving only grief and rage in its place. said emotions destroyed her, and she dedicated what remained of her life pursuing the witch that had imprisoned her. she never found the woman, but she did find danger with every step closer to her goal. this danger eventually took her life, leaving her all-consuming desire for revenge unsatiated. it was whilst carrying out this final act that Ahya met Destiny, the nymph responsible to the lost soul's freedom, and the reason for the witch's disappearance. it was just a job, and it was one Ahya carried out with her usual proficiency. and yet, even after the deed was done, she found herself dropping in at the resort, hoping to catch up with her informant-turned-good-friend.

"Quote"

"Words"

"Quote"

"Words"

"Quote"

"Words"

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!