Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

HELLS HALF ACRE

Headcanons + Excerpts

a part of “HELLS HALF ACRE”, a fictional universe by SHOVELHEAD.

it might be 2020, but the wild west don't give a good god damn. open | accepting.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “HELLS HALF ACRE”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Headcanons + Excerpts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SHOVELHEAD on Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 am

ImageAnyone who has written with me before knows I strongly encourage dropping 'pieces' of your character in more places than just the main locations.

Please use this forum as a creative dumping site, whether it's a stream of consciousness kind of thing or something you've written for 1v1's that you are proud of, or any little creative fragment about your character.

Edits and music themes strongly encouraged.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SHOVELHEAD
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Author Person of Interest Inspiration

Re: Headcanons + Excerpts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SHOVELHEAD on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 am

#geminiyazzie

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SHOVELHEAD
Member for 4 years

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:31 pm

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:18 pm

A CALL IN THE NIGHT
age 16 xxx11 years ago

The familiar vibration beneath his pillow felt like it could be a part of a dream. The room was still dark, Knox rubbing his eyes to make sure they were open. He fumbled for his phone, squinting at it's screen as it lit up. Bleary eyed, he tried turning off the alarm before realizing someone was calling him. He couldn't make out the name but when he closed one eye he could make out the time. Not many people who would be calling him at one AM.

"Hello?" Was all he managed, though he was sure it sounded more like a grunt to whoever was on the other end of the line.

ImageIt was late. Too late to be calling someone but she couldn’t help it. She needed to get away - needed to be somewhere safe. That would only happen with two people. “Hey, Knox.. I know it’s late and I’m sorry for waking you but.. I can’t stay at home tonight. Can I spend the night at your place.” Her voice was just above a whisper. Althea couldn’t risk her father hearing her knowing that the punishment would be far worse than the busted lip he gave her just a few hours before.

“I can meet you halfway if it’s easier, I already have a bag packed.” She added gripping onto her backpack tighter as she carefully opened her window, ready to make her escape if he said yes.

Knox sat upright immediately, his heart beating so hard he was certain it’d leap out his chest. He’d recognize that voice no matter his state, the lingering feeling of drowsiness dissapating. For a moment he’d considered he was still sleeping, he’d dreamt of the moment Althea came over in the middle of the night more times than he could count.

“Yeah, of course.” He could tell by the tremble in his voice that he was too nervous for this to be a dream, his gut twisting when he spoke. “I’ll meet you at the Gas ‘N Go.”

A feeling of relief washed over her, though she knew that he would pull through for her. Knox was someone she could always count on. It hurt her to keep what was happening to her from him, but she had too. If he knew and ended up getting hurt because of her she would never forgive herself.

"Thank you, Knox. I'll be there soon." She whispered, quickly hanging up the phone so she could climb out her window. There was no time to waste. She needed to put as much distance as she could between her and her home, if you could even call it that. It didn’t take her long to her to the Gas ‘N Go, having walked as fast as she could. ‘I’m here.’ A quick text was sent his way, before she took a seat on the curb to wait.

Knox could hear his phone ping from his pocket as he pedaled but he kept his pace, he was just a block away and not a second could be wasted. Her voice rang through his mind, he’d never heard her so fearful. Knox could see the weathered sign of the gas station from around the corner, pedaling faster. She was lit by the dull glow of the sign, folded so small at the edge of the curb. He could sense the tension by the way her shoulders were squared.

“Thea,” He called out softly, jumping off and throwing his bike aside as he approached her.

As soon as she spotted him she stood up and closed the distance between them. Delicate arms immediately wrapped around him. She was finally safe. Her face was pressed against his chest for a few seconds knowing that when he got a good look at her he would know what had happened or at least part of what happened. Hesitantly she looked up at him. Eyes red and puffy from crying, and lip swollen, slightly bloodied from her stepfather. “I’m sorry that I woke you up. I just..” Pausing she looked away from him. “I couldn’t stay there tonight.”

Knox felt a clench in his chest, a moment of bliss immediately flooded by a surge of anger. He held his breath, trying to steady his voice before he spoke. His arms had instinctively gone around her, one hand reaching to cup her face gently - resisting the urge to wipe the blood from her lip worried he might hurt her.

He wanted to ask who did this but he knew the answer. Wanted to get his dad’s gun and take care of it himself, but that was what he wanted. A million different ways to kill a man ran through his mind before he spoke again. He breathed in sharply, the corner of his lips briefly upturning into a smile. “Don’t worry about it. I’m glad you called.”

Finally she looked back up at him, with a small weak smile. “I promise to make it up to you by buying you breakfast tomorrow.” She added hoping to ease the tension slightly.

His other hand led her to rest her head back onto his shoulder before wrapping his around her again, pulling her close - rushed with the need to protect her. Knox held her there for a moment, closing his eyes as he tried to soothe his rage. He tried to sort through the words to say. Knew that she needed respite but couldn’t stand the idea of doing nothing. His hands squeezed her arms gently before falling to her side, pivoting to hang one over his shoulder leading her to his bike.

“Nah - I’m not much of a breakfast person.” Knox lied, a mischievous streak to his expression. “If we’re real quiet though, I can sneak us a couple beers from my dad’s fridge in the garage when we get back.”

When he wrapped his arms around her, all her troubles and worries melted away. She was safe. Nothing would happen to her when she was with him. She didn’t have to worry about doing something that would earn her a slap or even something worse - she could finally be herself. This moment right here meant more to her than he would ever know.

Her smile grew at his words, earning a slight wince of pain but she tried not to let it show. Didn’t need him worrying anymore than he already was. “A couple of beers would be perfect tonight.” Anything that would help me numb this pain. She thought the last part to herself. Following him to his bike, she stayed close not wanting to be far from him.

He swooped down to grip the handlebar of his bike, pulling it upright. “Do you mind riding handlebars? We can get back quicker then. Or we can walk instead if you’d like.”

“I’m okay with riding handlebars. I know you won’t crash us into anything.” She reassured him with a smile, waiting for him to ready the bike so she could prop herself up on the handlebars.

“Okay, I’m ready.” She glanced back at him, before looking ahead of her. He was right, it was a lot quicker which was what she wanted just in case her stepfather woke up and started to drive around looking for her. Once they arrived she quietly hopped off the bike, trying to be as quiet as she could so she wouldn’t wake up his parents. “Do you need me to help with anything?”

“Nah, just wait here a moment - imma make sure they’re still asleep.” Knox whispered, giving her arm a comforting squeeze as if to say I’ll be right back, promise.

He jogged off to the back of the house, taking a look around through the windows to make sure his parents weren’t lurking around in the shadows. The window to his room had been left propped open by a textbook from school, the most use it’d seen the entire semester. Knox held his breath as he opened the window, his muscles tensed to move the frame with precision careful not to make noise. He pulled himself into the window, sliding across his bed to find his footing and pausing for a moment to listen.

When he heard no movement he exhaled with relief. Now he just had to get the girl inside his room. Suddenly aware of the mess around him, Knox threw what he could into the closet or under the bed. He crept to the bathroom, trying to make it there and back in three steps to spray some of the deodorizer his mom kept in there - certain his room was going to turn Althea back around. Mom always said girls didn’t like messy rooms, not that he’d really seen a girl’s room yet. Surprisingly no one had taken him home to meet their parents…

The door through the kitchen led to the garage, Knox grabbing a couple beers before popping out the side exit waving Thea over. He pressed a finger to his lips, urging silence. His hand pressed against the small of her back as he led her inside, closing the door behind them.

While she waited she held on tight to the straps of her backpack hoping that his parents were still asleep. She didn’t want him to get into trouble over her. It felt like forever, but in reality it probably was only a minute or so before he came back. With a small nod of her head, she started to follow behind him making sure to be as careful as she could. When his bedroom door was finally shut she let out a small sigh of relief and took her backpack off before she let her eyes scan her surroundings. It was the first time she was in his room.

“We should be good, if my parents haven’t woken up at this point then they won’t at all.” Knox said once they reached his room, still pressing a dirty t-shirt along the crack at the bottom of his door so that the light didn’t spill out into the hallway. He realized his bed was still unmade, the chair at his desk piled with clothes.

“Oh, let me -” He set the beers on his dresser, hastily making his bed to make it semi appealing. “Go ahead, I’ll uh, sit here.”

Knox grabbed the armfull of clothes and threw them into the ever growing pile in the corner. Giving Thea a sheepish expression, he grabbed a beer for each of them opening one to hand it to her. “Sorry it’s a mess, I never put my laundry away. It drives my mom crazy.”

His sudden scramble to clean up the piles of clothes made her smile - one of the few genuine ones of that night. “No, it’s okay. I don’t mind. I’m the one that should be sorry for imposing like this.” Sitting on the edge of his bed, she took a hold of the beer that was offered to her and took a large gulp from it. The coolness of the can soothing her busted lip.

“Thank you again for helping me..” There was a slight pause as she looked down at the beer in her hand. He might have gotten ideas from seeing the bruises on her before or seeing how she would act around her stepfather, but this would just confirm it for him. The secret she kept so hard to hide from him was finally out. “It really means a lot. You’re one of the only good things I have in my life.” Her voice came out so soft she wasn’t sure if he would be able to hear it, but she felt like it needed to be said.

Shaking her head, she tried to stop herself from crying again before she brought the beer back up to her lips. Another large gulp taken as if it could wash down her tears.

His brows knitted together in concern, he hated seeing her like this. A part of him always knew this was her reality, but the more naive part of him liked to believe the world would be incapable of being so cruel. He reached for her hand, his fingers gently unfolding her palm to twine their fingertips together.

“Thea, I -” His words got caught in his throat. “I’ll always help you.”

I care about you a lot. The words faltered on his lips, Knox looking away to their hands. All he could think to say was all the ways he wanted to “fix” the situation, unable to interrupt the stream of thoughts.

Another smile appeared on her face. He always had a way to make her smile no matter what the situation was. She gave his hand a small squeeze, just listening to him speak. “I know you will, and I’ll always help you too. No matter what.” She fell silent too, switching her gaze from his face to their hands.

“I hate the idea of you having to go back there.” He admitted, breaking that contact to lean back and take a deep drink.

When he pulled away she couldn’t help but frown slightly, though she made sure to conceal it by bringing the beer up to her lips for another sip. “I don’t want to go back, but… I don’t know where else I’d go… or if he’d even just let me go.”

She kept her eyes off of him as she spoke. The topic was sensitive and she still wasn’t sure how he would react to things. Quickly she shook her head, meeting his gaze. “Lets not talk about this though. At least not tonight.. I just want to forget it for a little.. Please.” Her eyes were almost pleading as she looked at him.

He opened his mouth to protest, caught in her stare. Knox nodded reluctantly, reaching over to clink his bottle against hers. “Fine - you’re the boss little lady.”

Scooting closer so that her knees rested between his, he leaned forward. His eyes lit with a brief intensity, his voice just barely containing his rage. “But I need you to know, the instant you let me - I will help you.”

With a small smile, she returned the clink before taking a few large gulps from the bottle. When he moved closer she turned her attention fully to him. If it had been anyone else, she would have moved away - uncomfortable with the closeness. He was different though. She trusted him fully and found comfort in his touch.

A delicate hand reached up to touch his cheek. “I know you will. I just.. If something happened to you because of me. I wouldn’t forgive myself..” There was a pause as she tried to put her thoughts into words. Without any hesitation she rested her forehead against his. “If something did happen though, and I needed the help, I promise you that you’ll be the first person that I would call, Knox.” And she meant it. He was one of the few good things she had in this town.

“You have to promise me something now though. Promise me that you won’t do anything rash. I need to know that one day you just won't go after him to make him pay..”

Knox’s lips pressed into a fine line. He knew he wouldn’t stand a chance against her step-dad anyhow, but a part of him still resisted the idea of promising he wouldn’t seek revenge on her behalf. He leaned into her touch, burrowing himself into the palm of her hand. His chest had wound in complicated knots, making it difficult to concentrate.

“Of course,” He finally said. “It’s your decision how you handle it. I’ll just be there, you know - no matter what.” He stayed there in her touch for a moment, willing himself to close the distance between them - but he could still see the blood on her lip.

Althea closed her eyes, enjoying the moment and how close they were. “I do know that. You’re amazing, Knox. You really are.” She opened her eyes finally, the look in her eyes gentle and almost longing. There was so much more she wanted to say to him, so much she wanted to tell him. She wasn’t sure if this was the right time though or if she should even tell him.

“Wait here a moment, I’ll be right back.” Knox promised, giving her hand a squeeze before lowering it from his cheek - lingering the contact. He returned a moment later, a first aid kit and a washrag in hand. While she waited for his return she took off her shoes and jacket, sitting them in a neat pile on top of her book bag. She would be there for a few more hours so she might as well make herself more comfortable.

Seeing the first aid kit in his hand upon his arrival caused her to look away slightly embarrassed. “I just realized how much of a mess right now.” Letting out a soft laugh, she looked back at him following his figure as he moved further into the room. “Knox.. I..” Her mouth opened and closed, the words trying to find their way out but getting caught. How could she tell him that all she wanted to do right now was run away from this town with him.

“Will you just hold my hand or maybe lay with me for a little after?” She said, deciding to keep her question about running away to herself for now.

Knox grabbed her hand, “Of course, let’s just clean you up first.”

He used the rag to clean her face gently, warm against her skin. He could see where her lip split, doing his best to keep his rage suffocated. Just to be safe he put some antibiotic cream on it, dabbing at it gently with his finger. Even battered, she was still a vision, Knox looking away with flushed cheeks and seeping feeling of guilt.

Her eyes stayed on his face as he cleaned her up. His touch was gentle and made the process a lot easier then she thought it was going to be. "Thank you." Was all she said as she looked at him with a smile.

“Here, we can lay down.” Knox scooted back along the wall, leading Althea to lay beside him. He wrapped an arm around her waist, his touch hesitant but wanting.

There was no hesitation as she let him pull her into bed and wrap an arm around her. She could tell he was being cautious and she appreciated it. The more time they spent together the fonder of him she found herself growing. She moved closer to him, eliminating any space that was between them. After wrapping a delicate arm around him, she placed her face against his chest.

Althea stayed like this for a moment just taking in his scent and the comfort of being in his arms. "Knox… You don't think differently of me now, right?" The question was one that had been on her mind since he picked her up that night.

His arm tightened around her, “Of course not.

“This has everything to do with how shitty your step-dad is and nothing to do with who you are.” He meant it. A hand went to stroke her hair gently, cradling her face gently. “You’re perfectly yourself, no other way I could ever see you.”

She leaned into his touch, closing her eyes as she did so. His words put her at ease but she still felt some fear in her deep down that one day he might change his mind or maybee start to think that being around her wasn’t worth all the trouble.

“You’re the best thing in this town. If it wasn’t for you I don’t know what I would have done by now.” Her eyes were open now, looking into his. They held so much emotion and so many unsaid things. “You’re the light in my life.” Tilting her head to the side she placed a gentle kiss against his hand.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SHOVELHEAD on Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:36 pm

#geminiyazzie

P.S. yall mind if i fawn over a few pieces/parts rq #theameaux #knoxporter
1. She was finally safe.
2. A million different ways to kill a man ran through his mind before he spoke again.
3 Even battered, she was still a vision.

SHOVELHEAD
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:06 am

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!