Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Pokemon Experience

The Pokemon Experience

a part of “The Pokemon Experience”, a fictional universe by Music.

Characters train, battle, and grow with their Pokemon. Open to a large number of RPers. No storyline, so you can join whenever you feel like joining!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Pokemon Experience”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Pokemon Experience

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:03 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Pokemon Experience"

The Story: Welcome, new trainers! You're about to embark on a Pokemon Journey with your faithful companion. Say goodbye to your family, for you may not be back for a while!

The Roleplay: This is a game-style Pokemon roleplay. You can do pretty much whatever you want to here. I will be narrarating the roleplay as a GM rather than an actual character. This means that I'll be whatever characters are needed. Travel companions, Gym Leaders, Rivals, Team Rocket, that's me. I'll add where I need to.

There are a few regulations on your character. You may only start with a single, unevolved Pokemon. You may not capture legendaries. You cannot kill, steal from, or greviously injure other characters (without their permission, of course). Other than that, it's a free-for-all. Travel with NPCs or OCs.

The Rules:
1 No Godmodding. Duh.
2 Cursing is not allowed.
3 Romance is allowed, but keep it PG10. Nothing past kissing, please. I mean, COME ON, it's a Pokemon roleplay.
4 Please subscribe, bookmark, or post to the OOC thread so that you'll know when I post information regarding how to Pokemon battle and other important information.
5 Speaking of the OOC thread... please keep OOC chatter or questions there. Please and thank you.
6 Literacy, please. I'd like posts of 2-3 good paragraphs. Please do your absolute best to use proper spelling and grammar. One or two mistakes are fine, but I want to be able to read it...
7 Check back here often. Let me know if you're leaving.
8 Leveling up is not part of the RP. Evolving pokemon will be based on the characters abilities. Use good judgement when you think its time to evolve, please.
9 I may make up more rules.

Application:

In order to join this roleplay, please fill out the following character sheet and post it in the "Description" catagory in the official char sheet:

Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Sex[/b]:
[b]Starting Town[/b]:

[b]Picture or Description[/b]:

[b]Personality[/b]:

[b]Pokemon[/b]:
1 (This should be the only slot filled in)
Last edited by Music on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Pokemon Experience

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Now accepting any characters. Please submit them at the roleplay URL. You can use this thread for questions and ideas. Thank you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XigRawr723 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:27 pm

Since this seems cool, I made a character, I'll put a picture in his profile soon, I have to find one first. xD
I am the boy that sets your girl on fire,
When she dances, oh, she knows its right,
We'll send them all to hell. - Jonny Craig of Emarosa-

XigRawr723
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XigRawr723 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:44 pm

No it's because if I recall (Haven't seen Pokémon in forever) ten is the age you get your first Pokémon. I may be wrong though.

XigRawr723
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Well, that's what the cartoons say. If you want, you can hold to that, but for the roleplay's purposes you can get your Pokemon at any age you want.

Also, if you wanted to get your Pokemon a different way (not through P. Oak) you could start with any basic Pokemon. For example, here's a summary of how a character could begin her journey:

Lidia grew up in Saffron City. Her first Pokemon, a Riolu, was a birthday present for her at age 14. Finally, when she was 16, she decided to travel the world.

See, that means I can do whatever I want. Lidia might want to challenge the Pokemon League, but she doesn't have to. Perhaps her goal is to catch as many Pokemon as possible, or become a Gym Leader. Endless possibilities, and your character can change his mind as time goes on.

Also, the other character so far is a sixteen-year-old girl. You don't have to travel together, if you don't want to. I'll be creating NPC companions for the sake of roleplaying.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XigRawr723 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Ok I think I'll change my age then, I'd rather be closer to my age. And question, do you count "Hell" and "Damn" as curse words?

XigRawr723
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Alright on the age thing. Feel free to post whenever. As for 'hell' and 'damn', just as long as they fit the situation and aren't used every other word. I'd say that 'jerk' and 'a-hole' are alright in the same sense.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XigRawr723 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:03 pm

I also changed my first Pokémon to a Mudkip.

XigRawr723
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XigRawr723 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Haha I just realized It doesn't recognize the accented e in Pokémon in my synopsis!

XigRawr723
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:25 am

Okay, all of that's fine. Haha, yeah, it's okay not to use the accent. Easier, too. Go ahead and post whenever. You can choose to interact with Alice or any of the NPCs I've introduced. If you want, you can even make one up and I'll play that person.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreatCrow on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 am

So, will their be wild starters?

GreatCrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 am

Sorry, not sure what you mean by that. Explain, please?

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XigRawr723 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Hey should I just copy and paste my earlier post but put it in Pallet Town?

XigRawr723
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Yes, that's what you should do. Thank you.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XigRawr723 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Is that good? And do we have to put the same number every post or just a random number every post?

XigRawr723
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Just a random number, every post. You can use the same one, if you want, or it could be different. Some will be used, but some won't.

For example, I'm using your number to determine how well the NPC starts out liking your character. Stuff like that is arbitrary. Or maybe I'm thinking about letting your character meet a rare Pokemon. So I'll use a RNG (random number generator) to find a number at random. If it's close enough, then I'll introduce the Pokemon. Stuff like that.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XigRawr723 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:37 pm

I see, cool!

XigRawr723
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreatCrow on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:38 pm

music10111 wrote:Sorry, not sure what you mean by that. Explain, please?

Oh, ok. Say Thach is walking down a random Route. Would I run into a wild Bulbasaur or Treeko?

GreatCrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XigRawr723 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:41 pm

I'm not the GM but I'd say yes because, how do they get the starters to give you? They catch em'! So I don't know what Music's going to say but thats my opinion.

XigRawr723
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Okay, I see what you mean now. Yes, you will be able to catch every Pokemon that exists, besides the legendaries. This includes starter Pokemon and 'gift' Pokemon like Eevee and Togepi. However, that's the tricky part: I'll be controlling which Pokemon you run into. You can request a certain type of Pokemon here if you want, but there's no guarentees.

On to legendaries. You are able to meet and battle legendary Pokemon, but you will never catch one. You can, however, 'befriend' them, which means that they may come to your aid if you are in trouble.

As for traveling, since there was some confusion. You will be able to travel to other regions of the world, which are displayed on the map (look at the Introduction...). I know that there are storylines associated with these places somewhere, but for the sake of the roleplay, they will be kind of like unsettled realms. You can explore them, send back data to Professor Oak, and even build yourself a house and live there as the supreme ruler.

You will eventually be able to travel to Hoenn and Sinnoh as well. It just takes a while to get all the places into the computer. So for now it will be as though the harbors to these places are closed.

With that, I'm probably only going to be posting to the IC once or twice per day. It's fun to run such a large and boisterous roleplay, but I do need to set some priorities.

Music
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!