Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Medieval Fantasy Roleplay

Medieval Fantasy Roleplay

a part of “Medieval Fantasy Roleplay”, a fictional universe by spirit_is_shining.

Deep within a forest, there is a legend of a treasure that lies unknown to many. But there is a problem...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Medieval Fantasy Roleplay”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Medieval Fantasy Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:39 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/medieval-fantasy-roleplay/]Medieval Fantasy Roleplay[/url]"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
ImageSong of the Day: FFXIII-2: Ruined Hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsgk7b3R3w
With love.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Medieval Fantasy Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Gonna go out on a limb here. New to this site, but I'm definitely interested in the SL you've suggested. Thought I'd at least say hello, and hopefully I'm not out of line in doing so here. As I understand it, this is the OOC forum for your particular SL board, feel free to berate me if I'm wrong. Anyway! Look forward to hopefully getting this ramped up, I could use a good RP!
Success is measured in blood; yours, or your enemy's.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Iki
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi there, I'm new to this site too, I just joined yesterday and I'm not familiar with how things are played out here either. Thanks for being interested, I hope we can run into a couple more players. If not, maybe I can play maybe one more character or two. Anyone, feel free to join at any time during the story :).

To Iki, thanks for saying hello, and I just wanted to say you write real well! I will have to kick up my writing skills a notch. :)

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EternalSonata on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:23 am

:D Hi! I just joined today and I pretty much suck at roleplaying.. But I'll do my best!

"My coldness upsets many, but it is my only security." ~Rei Ayanami

EternalSonata
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:41 am

D'aww, you and your flattery. LoL it's not that great. Or maybe I'm just being modest? :3

LoL anyway, glad to be aboard! I'm definitely looking forward to the possibilities this SL has..should be interesting!

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:32 am

Ha, poor Iki, drawing danger already. Silly elves. ;P LoL

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CoordinatorKurita on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Relativity new my self lets see how this works

CoordinatorKurita
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whysper on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Well met, everyone.

Assuming that there is room for one more, I took the liberty of submitting a character. spirit_is_shining, I'll have no problems making any necessary changes to the character - just let me know if anything needs to be modified. This has the look of a game, and a setting, that could turn out to be a lot of fun. While I've been a member here for a few months, I still consider myself to be fairly new to the site as well and it's kind of cool to see a game started by a newer member and attracting new members right away.

Whysper
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Hello everyone, and thanks for joining :). I'm alright with the new characters, however, I forgot to post in the rules no god-modding. Your characters are fine, just as long as they have weaknesses, or aren't too powerful.

To Whysper,
Thanks, it's all thanks to rise of the murlocs. He created the original story and setting, I changed it around and came up with this myth lol. It seems like we're all new here, so that is nice :). I'm new to roleplaying too. We are still in the beginning, I am going to post my intro very soon. I would love to change the setting! I would have split all 3 of the settings into separate places but it appears that I can't. Lol. Oh well, a first rp on this site for me :).

To KoordinatorKurita,
Hi and thanks for joining the rp. :)

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:30 pm

To Shining:

Always good to hear from the GM! (If that term is appropriate in this instance) I agree wholeheartedly with your required limitations of character abilities. Mine has one that is..questionable: Teleportation (Think Jumper) and minor telesthetic influences, but don't you worry, he's plenty mortal. You should see the scars he has from close scrapes with stuff that would have probably killed him otherwise. ;P

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:05 pm

Haha, okay looking forward to it lol. Oh, I'm flattered as well, thanks for calling me a GM xD I'll just be a regular player, however. Oh yeah, to everyone I just learned that my writing style is minimalist according to Roleplayers 101, so just wanted to apologize in advance if the posts are short. I will try to post as much as possible. :)

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:22 pm

LoL well it is your SL. ;P Well, you opened the board, at least, it's only fair. Oh, and to clarify: He's just skirting Nicolas, not advancing on him. Don't know if I needed to clarify on that or not, but I didn't want you to get the wrong idea in any case. :3

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EternalSonata on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Hey, Iki.. Is your character a wolf or a human?

EternalSonata
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Iki, your character really is cunning! Lol. Wow, if he uses Nicholas, I wonder lol..

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Iki, your character really is cunning! Lol. Wow, if he uses Nicholas, I wonder lol..

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:03 pm

LoL Spirit, he'll do that. :3 He's not the nicest guy, and he'll definitely manipulate people to get what he wants, but that doesn't mean he hasn't got a soft side. Even he's capable of compassion haha.

And Sonata: He's a wolf. Well, wolf-man, more appropriately. I think. Rofl x3. There's a character picture in his profile.

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 pm

Lol. Ok, so I was thinking about being more specific about the forest settings. What did you guys think? For instance, I was thinking of adding "Outskirts of the Forest" , "central point", or the lake, etc. DId you guys have any suggestions? Any ideas for the plot? I have a few ideas so far, but I think they will wait to happen after all of our characters somehow are introduced to eachother.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EternalSonata on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:27 pm

@Iki

:D Oh, okay.

EternalSonata
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whysper on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:28 pm

spirit_is_shining,

As I understand the way the Roleplay Tab system works, once you use the system to create a place in the game, the place cannot be deleted or renamed. Since we have not yet crystallized a clear direction of play, it might be wiser to continue as we are for the time being until we have a bit more clarity as to what specific places, if any, we would need to designate as distinct areas of activity.

It would, however, also seem like a good idea to recognize that we seem to have created a situation in which we have characters in two very distinct parts of the forest which are likely not all that close to each other. As our posting progresses we might simply want to try and give a basic accounting of our locations to so that we can keep things straight. Labeling our posts with a basic location, for example "The Lake" of "Edge of the Forest" or just indicating that here in the OOC might be another way to go if we find that kind of specific clarity to be necessary.

As for the plot, I have no definite ideas yet. However, since I cannot guarantee that I can post several times a day, or even every day, I am also content to let my character play a secondary and supporting role to whatever main story the other characters move into.

Just my two cents on this. What does everyone else think?

- Whysper

Whysper
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:36 pm

Thanks for your input, Whysper. I think I found a way to add more settings. Yeah I noticed that as well, that we seem to all be in 2 different parts of the forest, hopefully not that far as I think Iki just ran into Eternal Sonata's character not long ago. Anyway, I guess I'll play this out and see how it goes.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!