Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Oneironauts

Oneironauts

a part of “Oneironauts”, a fictional universe by Tearen Wover.

When a small group of complete strangers become entangled in each other's dreams, they discover an alternate world where trapped souls yearn for release...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Oneironauts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Oneironauts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tearen Wover on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Hey guys. We're gonna hold off of play until we get at least four or so characters written up. Until then, I'll do my best to answer questions about what'll happen in this RP without giving away the plot, >.>. Wish me luck!
Last edited by Tearen Wover on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creation is what you make of it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tearen Wover
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Oneironauts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:03 pm

1) What is bunnying?

2) What is the meaning of life?

3) Character sheets or do we just throw our characters down any way we like?
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anno Domini on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Eh... I'm interested, I really am, but I can't see much of anything I'd do in this roleplay. The fact that you sound pretty dedicated to the plot is a good sign, but I still don't know anything about that even. I'll keep this one in check, make sure to see how the gameplay is. Until then, good luck ^_^
Anagnorisis for Antagonists!

Anno Domini
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:55 am

Writing up a character sheet, dreams fascinate me, and if theres a good plot involved this could easily be a fantastic RP.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tearen Wover on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:20 am

First, bunnying is controlling another person's character, if even in small ways. I understand it can be hard to write dialogue and action without having the other character acknowledge in some way, but you should always make sure its ok with the writer who's character you'll be manipulating. Of course, doing major actions with another person's character is still off limits. As for character sheets, these are pretty ordinary humans, so there's no real formula for writing them up. As long as you get down their biological information and description of them physically and mentally, you'll be solid. You can reference my character if need be.

As for the plot...yeah, I suppose I can afford to say a few things. The basic idea is that six or so individuals meet in their dreams when they fall asleep at night, and within these dreams they encounter beings called Dreamons, who are enigmatic inhabitants of the dream world. The dreamons cannot interact with the waking world, but ask the dreamer's help in solving problems in both the dream world and, and in the waking world. The plot will get far more involved than that, but there's the basic premise. I suppose I thought the idea of a lucid dreaming RP would be enough, but, ah well, I suppose nobody's perfect. :P

Tearen Wover
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tearen Wover on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Okay. We've got four characters now. We'll wait until tomorrow to kick things off. Remember that your posts can be lengthy provided that works for them. Synchronizing our RPing schedules is going to be difficult because I'm on a weird time schedule right now, but I'll try my best to keep things moving. Looking forward to it!

Tearen Wover
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elektrische on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:32 am

Do you need another roleplayer?

I just found this thread scrolling down a little on the home page. Dreams have always fascinated -- and frustrated -- me. My friend taught me several tricks for lucid dreaming but I don't have the knack for it, and it takes years to achieve too...

And the possibilities seem truly fantastic.

Er, anyway, if you don't need another roleplayer, I could stick around and lurk. It seems like it'd make a great story too.
Over and in, last call for sin. While everyone's lost, the battle is won, with all these things that I've done.

Elektrische
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tearen Wover on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 am

Oh, no, by all means, join in. As long as we don't get more than eight people, it'll be great to have additional dreamers along. Also, due to circumstances beyond my control, I will not be able to join in today. What you can do then is basically make posts introducing your character in the waking world, so other players can get a feel for them.

Tearen Wover
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tearen Wover on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Alright then, we now have more than enough characters. The way things are going to run is, every alternate day, characters must switch between posting between the dream and waking world. I understand that, since its still pretty early in the RP, we might need a few days to orient ourselves and post for the first time. Just write when you feel comfortable, and things will rev up.

Tearen Wover
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tearen Wover on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:34 am

Oh, yeah, I suppose I hadn't made it clear, but when you're in the dream world or the waking world, enter you post in the correct location in the "places" tab. This is just so we don't get realities mixed up...yet.

Tearen Wover
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:12 am

Hey guys, just checked over your introduction and was pretty interested. Are you guys still accepting characters?

Thanks.

Vyral
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tearen Wover on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Sorry, we're full up for now, but if people keep neglecting to post like they are, I might make a switcheroo. I'll msg ya if I'm considering it/

Tearen Wover
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!