Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Forge of Vision

The Forge of Vision

a part of “The Forge of Vision”, a fictional universe by WaywardDreamer.

An aspiring musician, along with his close friends, find themselves torn between a brutal fantasy world and an unwelcoming reality.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Forge of Vision”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Forge of Vision

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaywardDreamer on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:44 pm

This is the OOC thread for The Forge of Vision. So, you know, OOC it right the hell up, and all that.

Let's all totally be awesome, kay?

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask questions about the RP, too, mainly because if you have questions it's probably safe to say other people do too, and responding to questions once is much more efficient than responding to them many times by PM or PMS or whatever.

Oh, and also, I'll make efforts to schedule chat sessions through this thread. Whenever I mention a time, assume it's Pacific, GMT -8, because that's my timezone and I'm pretty terrible about being considerate of other people's timezones.
Last edited by WaywardDreamer on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's foxes in the hen house, and cows out in the corn
All the unions have been busted
Their proud red banners torn
To listen to the radio you'd think that all was well
But me and you and Cisco know
It's going right to hell

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WaywardDreamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Forge of Vision

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:40 am

Interesting idea; a genre mix i would not have thought of. Submitted a profile for the drummer, which hopefully is up to snuff, so to speak.

Just out of curiosity: what's the Otherworld like, exactly? Or are we supposed to wait and find out?

~Kiku~
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaywardDreamer on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:49 am

I believe it's a product of reading too many indie comics, and too much Ursula LeGuin, if such a thing is indeed possible, which I doubt. I should probably give Nathan Fillion credit, too, just because it can't hurt to have his name associated with my RP by Google.

Estelle is actually pretty much exactly the sort of character I was hoping to draw. A lot of potential for growth and exploration, doesn't try to be anything more than it is. Nicely done.

As for the Otherworld, it's as wildly unpredictable as dreams, or a monkey with an assault rifle. Both have the potential to be good or bad. The main thing is, Otherworld doesn't seem to be bound by any of the usual rules of the real world, at least not consistently. Perhaps sometimes there isn't gravity, and perhaps sometimes interpretive dance is the language of choice of the locals. I'm hoping for a lot of player input in describing and bringing Otherworld to life. :)

WaywardDreamer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:54 am

Ooh, fun! That sounds like quite the opportunity for getting those creative juices flowing, as they say. I'm quite looking forward to it. =)

And I don't think it's possible to read too much good literature, nor could it ever be a mistake to credit Nathan Fillion with anything. The man is seven kinds of awesome, at least!

Glad you like Estelle, though. I'm never sure if GMs want like twenty pages of everything I can possibly think of or something with enough gaps to make the RP itself interesting. >.<

~Kiku~

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaywardDreamer on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:06 am

Personally, I think it's better for a character to evolve organically than to try fleshing every possible angle out on paper right away. Especially in an RP like this, where really the main point is to explore the minds and motives of all the characters. I was soured to the other approach years back.

WaywardDreamer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:32 pm

It definitely makes sense, especially when the story itself will obviously be more character-driven. I guess for stuff where the GM has a pretty regimented plot or whatever, it helps to know when you have your "tech geek" or your "obvious team leader" or whatnot, but as you get further from a plot-driven story, you can sort of allow the characters to develop themselves in the IC. But that's just my two cents.

By the way, have you put something up in the "Roleplayers Wanted" forum? We need a fourth band member at least, right? It might help a little, anyway. Or not, it's your ball game.

~Kiku~

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaywardDreamer on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Yeah, I put up an ad last night.

I've got at least one person interested in playing a fourth band member, either way, whenever I get a fourth player I'm going to start things up, and we'll introduce additional characters along the way. The nature of the RP makes it pretty easy to work new people in, so I'm not too worried about filling a large cast immediately.

WaywardDreamer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Desire on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:05 am

Y HELO THAR. I'm co-modding this shit storm and I also play Calvin. Good stuff, good stuff. In other news, I'm listening to an angry Swede sing about her past lovers, even though I should probably be asleep right now. Oh well.
I twisted you over and under to take you
The coals went so wild as they swallowed the rest
I twisted you under and under to break you
I just couldn't breathe with your throne on my chest

Desire
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaywardDreamer on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:32 am

I've started with a post in "City of Victoria", please respond at your convenience. We'll have more members soon enough, and we'll work them in as they get here.

WaywardDreamer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Oops, my post is in the wrong place, and it won't let me fix it. Sorry. It's actually Victoria. >.<

~Kiku~

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaywardDreamer on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Eh, nothing to worry about too much. Loved the post. Just as long as we keep real world/otherworld separate, that's all that really matters. I've got a superfluous location there that I can't remove, but life goes on, eh?

WaywardDreamer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Indeed it does. Hello Desire, I'm Kiku. Nice to meet you and all that jazz. Glad we're underway; I already enjoy the sort of atmosphere this is projecting, if that makes any sense at all.

~Kiku~

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Desire on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Howdy Kiku! I agree. Now that we at least have the basic band set out, we can rawk hardcorez. Also you get cool points for being a Fire Emblem fan.

Desire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Not gonna lie: for a second there, I was wondering how the heck you knew that... and then I remembered it's in my profile somewhere. Cool points to you as well, then, since you apparently like it too! =) And also for putting up a post that made me laugh. I kind of died a little when I read the part about the scooter... hilarious!

~Kiku~

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaywardDreamer on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:28 pm

You people are all totally awesome. Thank you for joining and helping me with this RP. I'll be making a post later tonight.

WaywardDreamer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Desire on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Hah, glad to hear you liked it. I've been watching random ass horror movies that I've wanted to see and haven't managed to see yet. Watched "Dead Snow" the other night, a little ridiculous, but then again the movie IS about zombie Nazis.

Desire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Zombie Nazis, eh? What that movie needs is a few ninjas and a pirate or two. Then you might officially have the most ridiculous film ever- well, after anything Ed Wood made, anyway. :P

~Kiku~

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaywardDreamer on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:29 pm

I don't know, Kiku. John Woo made a lot of movies too, and any one of them could contend for the most ridiculous crown.

WaywardDreamer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 pm

A valid point, but I'm not sure anything could beat Plan 9 From Outer Space... though M. Night Shyamalan is trying really, REALLY hard lately.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Desire on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:48 am

Manos the Hands of fate is my favorite bad movie. Seriously, it's like an endurance test in film form.

Desire
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!