Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wasteland America

Wasteland America

a part of “Wasteland America”, a fictional universe by RydeDawg.

In the year 2010 The American Military and Washington Fat-cats stop all culture development. 2080 Nuclear War begins ending the world as we know it. 2280 It's survival of the fittest in the post nuclear wasteland.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Wasteland America”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Wasteland America

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:08 am

This is a Roleplay that is somewhat based off Fallout but has my own imagination mixed in to give it a new feel to the wasteland surviving genre. I'm open for any plots, story arches, and character ideas you have. And if you have any ideas for the mutated animals in the roleplay let me hear em. And I'm going to need a major bad guy sooner or later so lets hope someone is willing to take that job. And I'll add an OCC maybe to explain the ASG and the Nazis tech and armor. I think i'll also open spots for major bad guys since they seem to be rock soild characters in a world where anyone can save or destroy the day.
Last edited by RydeDawg on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Wasteland America

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:28 am

A Fallout-inspired RP? Me likey, likey indeed! :D

I gotta join this, let's hope this works ^^.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Joker116
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Thanks Joker I approved your character and liked the idea behind her. If we want this to work were going to have to find some more people though, I don't encourage spamming but whats wrong with a little Gurerrilla marketing, right?

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HighRoller1905 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Hey guys, I signed up too. This is my first time Roleplaying here, though, so bear with me, and don't get too mad if I do something wrong >.>

Anyways, two things (if I'm accepted). My picture isn't very good, especially compared to both of yours. Is mine ok, or should I dig through the interwebz for a different one? Also, it's OK if I have a dog, right? If not I'll just take that out, no biggie.

But otherwise, hey, and don't get annoyed if I ask too many questions =P

HighRoller1905
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:33 am

As long as you can write decently, I personally don't mind if it's your fisrt RP or not. :) Let's jsut make this fun. ^^

The Joker116
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Ok highroller I approved your character but I think you should edit it some since if he was a ww3 vet then he would be over 200 years old in the rp. I do think this will be a fun rp and one we can make last a long time if we are persistent. Now there is some things you should know about me. I hate waiting and I hate it when an rp stops for no reason, so I'm going to see if we can get one more person to join soon. I'll give it one week and if one more person hasn't joined by then we'll start the rp and let our posts attract more people to our rp so make sure you do well.

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:39 pm

We got a new character it seems. :D This will be fun! ^^

The Joker116
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HighRoller1905 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Ok, I fixed my character's description, so he's all set go now. Pretty excited for this to start up.

HighRoller1905
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Haha I post that I'm waiting for one more character and the next hour it ends up being a friend of mine no less.

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Ryde Dog, Hey, I'm just me. I was wondering about this RP I saw it and am sort of a huge Fallout Nerlette, and I was wondering, Is it possible that my character is a foreigner?
"Pain is madatory, Misery is Optional"

Well, we can't salute ya, Can't fly the flag. If that don't suit ya, well that's a drag!!!

FaeFire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heathenistic on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Hello there. I am new to this site, but not so much to the craft of roleplaying. I have submitted my character, Mitch, for approval. If I need to change anything, it is entirely all right, as I can make an necessary edits. I enjoy the concept of the world having been reduced to a wasteland, and have actually written a plot of my own regarding this, albeit a very different one for a very different purpose.

Heathenistic
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:40 pm

I like Mitch, looks like an interesting character. Can't wait to see what it's gonna be like with him in the RP. ^^

@AngelofAvalon: Can't speak for RydeDawg, but you probably can play a foreigner. Your character could be a descendant from tourists and immigrants and with the nuclear bombs having destroyed everything, couldn't take a plane to get back to their home country. ^^

The Joker116
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:08 pm

@AngelofAvalon sure you can be a foreigner as long as you provide the means as to how you got to America. Be it thru Joker's idea which isn't a bad one, or finding a boat and sailing. I do have some UVBs for the different allies that America had during world war 3 so you could be from one of them...and my friend that submitted his character seems to be from one of the hidden Nazi UVBs. So you have your chooses.

@Joker116 How dare you speak for me! haha jk you gave some good advice.

I'll be starting the Roleplay off with a post, now that I have more people...YAY I got more then just one person! It will be tonight or tomorrow so be on the look out! LETS DO THIS!

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceoltior on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Well I feel an apology is in order. I have no idea how to delete a post that I had no intention of posting so there is going to be large empty space at the beginning of the activity page with my name on it. So I am sorry for this strange thing that I can't get rid of. If anyone else knows how to get rid of it. I would be more than willing to listen. Anyways, this will be a very very fun roleplay. With any luck it will climb towards the top of the 'top rated' list in no time flat.
0=={==============>

Ceoltior
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:02 am

No worries Ceol your all good. Now I'd like to address that even though Fallout influences the rp in a lot of details I'd like to make it a combo of not just Fallout but other post-nuclear genres like Mad Max, a boy and his dog, and tremors. Now I'm not going to steal ideas but I'm going to pull inspiration from these cult classics. There is going to be a certain amount of realism but on the other hand lots of sic-fi. I'm a comic book writer so if this turns out well and I have permission from everyone who plays I might make this into a comic. But remember this is a different world from fallout try to be creative and come up with some terms and ideas that can set this role-play apart so that it ends up being something different like mad max, and the others in this genre.

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:02 am

Seeing this RP in a comic would be awesome!

By the way, should we set a posting order? Would make things easier in my opinion.

The Joker116
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:04 pm

It would be awesome to make this into a comic!

Alright I have some news i've updated the info some on Wasteland America's information tab and I will keep track of places we are at and will be going. I have an idea for the plots for the beginning of the roleplay and i'm going to make this choice oriented. In other words you can choose how your character deals with the plot and what there doing to help something or someone and it will have ramifications either good or bad.

As for the posting order. I do like to keep these things organized but the cons to posting order it sometimes we wait forever for the next person to post and they might be gone. This stops the roleplay. For now I think we will do the posting order, but if I think we should change things we will do posts and whoever you are and whoever your addressing try and bold the names.

If you don't post for a while and were waiting on your character...I RYDEDAWG Ruler of the WASTES will make it so that your character never interacted with the others character! I won't kick you but I will say that they have been pushed to the corner for now. This is to prevent the story from stalling and keep it going.

Have fun guys and to anyone reading this now please join we'd love to have ya. The more the merrier!

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heathenistic on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 pm

This is me again, but as a personal favor, would you mind terribly letting me know what exactly this posting order shall be? I would like to know so I know how much time I have to formulate a proper introduction for my main man Mitch. (alliteration almost always allows artistry at appropriate areas.)

Heathenistic
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:03 pm

A posting order should be helping, as for the risks of someone stalling the RP, we could put a rule: If someone doesn't post for more than three days without telling anyone, we just skip his/her turn. That's a good way of settling this, in my opinion. Without a posting order, we sometimes could miss a chance to react to someone else's post.

The Joker116
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Well I have to say that our posting order will be whatever people call dibs on and whoever posts first.

1.Myself
2.Joker116
3. (whoever posts first or calls dibs)
4. (" " " " " " )
5. (so on and so forth)

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!