Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Chi and the Four Kingdoms

Chi and the Four Kingdoms (A Wu Xia RP) (OOC)

a part of “Chi and the Four Kingdoms”, a fictional universe by Jaybt9.

A war between four kingdom (formerly 5) has to be put on hold, as a large unknown army named "the Chi" emerged from the sky and onto the battlefield, with a motive on their hands; to unite China, ruthlessly.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Chi and the Four Kingdoms”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Chi and the Four Kingdoms (A Wu Xia RP) (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Specific Information can be found on the url next to this. lol"Chi and the Four Kingdoms"

IC Found here

CHI AND THE FOUR KINGDOMS

The earliest times of China involved the Five Kingdoms (now Four). They were pitted against each other in one large war, battles to battles, to battles, just to unite the country as one. Many have tried, yet they've succeeded, failed, and even worse, died from it. However, another invasion will make matters worse.

Out emerged another group of the most unfamiliar appearance; the Chi. They stood at the highest mountains of China, all in one group. How they appeared? People don't know. The Emperor stood with a wicked smile on his face, standing the tallest of the his empire.

“Slaughter them all, taste their blood, and bring the Emperor's heads to me.”

The army runs wild all over China.

They have the same focus at ruling the other kingdoms and uniting the country. Their army even surpasses each kingdom, so the others have no choice, but to put things aside between each other, and fight this large onyx-suited army.

Kingdoms:

Ning Kingdom-The Western Kingdom of the cold-suited Tibetans and Chinese alike. It resides on top of the mountains now called "the Himalayas. Their symbolic animal is the Polar Bear.
Huang Kingdom-The southern kingdom of red and gold illustrations. Their proclaimed as the richest kingdom of all kingdoms. Their symbolic animals are the Dragon (male representative) and the Phoenix (female representative)
Qing Kingdom- The northern kingdom, hidden by the environment. Their air and water is pure, and the civilians grow their own food. Their symbolic animal is the serpent.
Zi Kingdom-The southwestern kingdom, where the sun sets best. It has been known that many plum blossums grow there during the Spring. This kingdom, however, was overthrown by the Huang Dynasty.

Someone can create 1 more kingdom that shares a marriage alliance with the Qing Kingdom. Description is all up to them. They just have to put down the name of the kingdom, name of the ruling family, the location, the appearance of the civilians, and their symbolic animal (or flower), but it must be an animal or flower that resides in China. You can also add extra things.

People can also create smaller groups that go by either indigenous people, or location. Same rule applies as well.

The last group are the Antagonists of the story; the Chi. All dress in black, while their skin is completely pale. I'm not sure if they will be NPC, or I will let others play a role in that group.

Other Information:

This is a fighting/war RP based on Wu Xia and Shaw brother films, where martial arts, weapons, and even some powers collide into on, and I'm saying that the fighting in these type of films will blow your head off, literally. The IC will be played by post, instead of tabs, even though information on the Kingdoms and posting characters will be included on the tabs.
Last edited by Jaybt9 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Chi and the Four Kingdoms (A Wu Xia RP) (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Interesting!

The foreigner sounds cool, but I may not wanna be him XP

"Join The Corps!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Nvm my question, I will just play it safe and create a Athenian Hoplite.
Last edited by TraitorsHand on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heresy you say? That brother is a matter of perception.

Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyllaby on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 pm

So this is basically like a Zhang Yimou film as a roleplay? re: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero, Curse of the Golden Flower, House of Flying Daggers, etc? Because I might be one hundred percent up for this, and I NEVER do forum roleplay.

Jyllaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightLady on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 pm

What other kingdoms are there?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."~ Anonymous

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"~ Anonymous

NightLady
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:14 pm

NightLady wrote:What other kingdoms are there?

Oh yeah, I forgot to add the rest of the kingdoms. It will be there A.S.A.P.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightLady on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Okay, thanks. What about the family name?

NightLady
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 pm

NightLady wrote:Okay, thanks. What about the family name?

The family name of the royal families are on the pages of each kingdom. Every other role can add any kind of family name.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:56 pm

i might try my hand at the foreigner. So about what time period is this? Near future? Far future? Age of Exploration? Imperialism? Pre-Marco Polo? Post-Marco Polo? I don't know much Chinese history past 1930 - and only then it's about the Second Sino-Japanese War and the rise of Communisim, with general knowledge about things like the Great Wall, Marco Polo, gunpowder, and the ancient river civilizations that are among the first successful attempts at human civilization

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:07 pm

demented-tiger wrote:i might try my hand at the foreigner. So about what time period is this? Near future? Far future? Age of Exploration? Imperialism? Pre-Marco Polo? Post-Marco Polo? I don't know much Chinese history past 1930 - and only then it's about the Second Sino-Japanese War and the rise of Communisim, with general knowledge about things like the Great Wall, Marco Polo, gunpowder, and the ancient river civilizations that are among the first successful attempts at human civilization
Oh I'm talking further than that. I say around the 14th century. The mid-1300s.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:18 pm

That is why I asked earlier on a time period but you never responded... spent 2 hours on a greek hoplite for no reason whatsoever. Talk about frustrating and a lot of wasted effort, but Ill just rewrite it all and make a Chinese warrior of some type.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:24 pm

So then I could make something like Venetian merchant or a Franciscan friar; but not a Portuguese explorer, then?

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 pm

TraitorsHand wrote:That is why I asked earlier on a time period but you never responded... spent 2 hours on a greek hoplite for no reason whatsoever. Talk about frustrating and a lot of wasted effort, but Ill just rewrite it all and make a Chinese warrior of some type.
You asked that question, too? I don't see it. I guess I must be blind or something. If you did ask that, I'm sorry for ignoring you.

I do see a lot wanting to play The foreigner, so I think I can make this role into 3. One condition though. They have to be from the same country, and they have to be related, or friends, etc. They can separate to different kingdoms though.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:31 pm

can i reserve a foreigner spot then?

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:34 pm

demented-tiger wrote:So then I could make something like Venetian merchant or a Franciscan friar; but not a Portuguese explorer, then?
Portugal was there at the time. They were just experiencing the black plague.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:40 pm

Its fine, I made an Athenian Hoplite, which would be around 500ish BC, way to early for what you wanted. I think I will just create a Ning Prince.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm

So does that mean I could play a foreigner?

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:52 pm

demented-tiger wrote:So does that mean I could play a foreigner?
Yes, you can. :)

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:27 pm

another question: what are the chi? or is that for us to discover as we play?

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:37 pm

demented-tiger wrote:another question: what are the chi? or is that for us to discover as we play?
The Chi is a humongous group that mysteriously appeared into China. Their motive is to rule China. Their army can even destroy one kingdom if "every" member was there.

Have you ever played Orochi Warriors? Compare the Chi to the Orochi Army.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!