Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Chi and the Four Kingdoms

Idea of Chi and the Four Kingdoms (OOC)

a part of “Chi and the Four Kingdoms”, a fictional universe by Jaybt9.

A war between four kingdom (formerly 5) has to be put on hold, as a large unknown army named "the Chi" emerged from the sky and onto the battlefield, with a motive on their hands; to unite China, ruthlessly.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Chi and the Four Kingdoms”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Idea of Chi and the Four Kingdoms (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:00 pm

I think the focus is more on the characters. Even though they have Chinese names, the highlight should be the nicknames they get. For example, the Wu Tang Clan had members like "Method Man", "RZA", "Ol' Dirty Bastard", "Ghostface Killah", etc.

Do they fight? Well, they all do in different fighting/weapon styles (They have to be Chinese by the way). Roleplayers can even create their own style, and they can also have diverse ones (fighting in a wheelbarrow, fighting with a pipa, fighting with a cane, etc.)

Here are my examples of films/fight scenes just to give roleplayers a feel of it.

Dirty Ho (Gordon Liu and Kara Hui vs. Wong Yu)

Martial Club (Gordon Liu vs. Wang Lung Wei)

8 Diagram Pole Fighter (Kara Hui Spotlight)

Long Road To Gallantry (Kara Hui vs Rosamund Kwan)

Long Road To Gallantry (Rosamund Kwan vs. Fighters)

13 Cold Blooded Eagles

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Michelle Yeoh vs. Zhang Ziyi

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Cheng Pei-Pei vs. Three others and later Chow Yun Fat)

Iron Monkey (Jean Wang and Angie Tsang (the boy) vs. Shaolin Monks and Lee Fai (the hooded woman)

Once Upon a Time in China (Jet Li vs. Donnie Yen)[/quote]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Idea of Chi and the Four Kingdoms (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:49 pm

As a great fan of Wu Xia movies I would like to add a few links to this collection, though they might not all be fitting into the time we play.
I would also use this post to write down some more details about the Ning Empire, if you would allow me. I would expand it as the time goes on. Another question I want to ask, what about "magic". By magic I didn't mean casting fireballs etc., but rather those of sages seen in old, or even some new, Chinese movies. The first link, or other scenes of that movie, are a nice example. What I mean are the talents contributed to Zhuge Liang in the Dynasty Warriors/ROTK series, or those of Woman in Kung Fu Hustle.

The Forbidden Kingdom (Jet LI vs. Collin Chou)
- A great duel in my opinion, the magic adds some nice flair to it

Kung Fu Hustle (Stephen Chow vs. Axe Gangsters and later Siu-Lung Leung)
- A rather comical advance to that genre, though still great. Foot stomp and croak style.

Hero (Jet Li vs. Donnie Yen)
- Another great fight between those two

About the Ning:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Idea of Chi and the Four Kingdoms (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:13 am

As far as magic goes, I wasn't really intending on the kind of magic that Forbidden Kingdom has. Hero definitely. Here are other examples.

Hero (Maggie Cheung vs. Zhang Ziyi)

Hero (Jet Li vs. Tony Leung)

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!