Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Crash

Survivor skills

a part of “Crash”, a fictional universe by Jayhawker010.

Students of a US public high school find themselves stranded on a deserted island after a plane crash. (Accepting New ACTIVE Characters! We have a summary.)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Crash”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Survivor skills

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koji on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Well i dont want to be a prik or get anyone to hate me for what i have in mind right now but , i find it unfair that like a persone can be a 1 man survivor expert.

Like cmon, that would really make the rp a bit dull for me atleast, it would make things easier for the characters but it really wouldnt be much surviving if we did have that kind of persone.

Basicly i want ppl to post here their skills that could be used to survive, trust me some skills dont like like it but are needed (if they have any) , ive seen some pretty amazing skills so i hope everyone post here. Putting aside any post in the story and anything posted on the biographies.

Kuroi : Able to make a wide array of basic tools if given enough time and the right material (for example) : Hunting weapons (pretty basic when a stick rubbed againts a rock is considerd a hunting weapon lol) , containers ( kinda ironic when ur hands can carry water from the place to ur hands) , others (me not telling any more ^.^ )

Herbologist : If u read up on my post u would notice that he has atleast a minor knowlage on plants that can come in handy for improvising , no he wont find a herb that will cure cancer, nor a mushroom that will make ur bald head grow a fin but he can atleast make out poison and cure in plant life.

Last but not least (also included in the story) he has NO IDEA on how to make fire, he isnt a good swimmer .. yeah not best place to learn... and maybe ull notice others while roleplaying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Koji
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Survivor skills

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adig01 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Ok, I'mma buy into this.

Theo:

Strengths - Theo is pretty good at science (Biology), and so has a fair amount of healing skills. He makes for a good leader, making him very adaptable, so he can get over things and move on with what needs to be done much quicker than the avarage person. Finally, he is able to statigize much easier, and can figure out what the best action to next take would be. (He can also kill things for food without getting all teary!)

Weaknesses - Theo doesn't like to get too close to people, so he is pretty hard to understand and he finds it hard to understand people. He can't craft for shit, so basically, he uses whatever he can get his hands on as a weapon or tool. Same with building really, he was lucky to find a cave otherwise it would have been a rock somewhere. And finally, Theo tends to noticed the negitive before the positive.

So there, you now know Theo
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Adig01
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joe2618 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Jack: He is very good with statistics and can find the probability in events, such as how likely they are to live if they take a certain action. (I.e. jumping into a volcano would make him think about how active it is and how large the drop is and if there are any side ledges, this would eventually give him the conclusion to that answer)

Mechanics: He could probably do basic things such as fixing an engine for a little time before it malfunctions, he can solve some problems in this case but take note he is only a beginner working off of instinct, from time to time he is likely to mess up and usually do more bad than good.

Morality: Jack will do whatever it takes to survive another day, if he is forced to kill you he will, just don't get in the way too much and you should be fine, take note that ignoring him completely and freezing him out will make him go crazy.

Cannibalism: He has no problem with it, so if you die expect to be eaten by him.

Joe2618
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby one-wing on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Violet:

Enhanced Senses: Since she is now blind, her hearing and sense of smell will eventually increase, letting her smell/hear things that the others may not. So she can ssmell if something just recently died, or an animal/survivor approaching, or even smell plants to eat. She can also sense distance, based on soundwaves reflecting off of surfaces.

Extensive Knowledge: From reading so much, she can easily remember and bring up random bits of information, that can help the group of people's she's with. It's very easy for her to link something to another, and coming up with a valuable informative fact to aid the whole.
Last edited by one-wing on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why is it called a broken heart if every part of you is hurting?

one-wing
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayhawker010 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Max:

Problem Solver: He is very good at looking at something and finding a way to make it work. For instance building the shelter. He found a way to easily make the roof without needing materials they didn't have available.

Agility and Strength: Max has a good build, and is fairly strong. He is also very fast. He knows how to keep himself able to run without getting tired, he learned this from Cross-country back home.

Impulsiveness: Not a good quality, but he is very impulsive on what he does. He almost never thinks things through and goes on impulse. He doesn't think about the consequences to say running into a forest in the middle of the night after a man with glowing eyes. ;)
The below are roleplays that need characters D:

Crash II: The Replacements
A roleplay based on the original "Crash" rp where people crash on a deserted island.
The Root's Rebellion
A fantasy roleplay where the people of Euris rebel against the reigning Nightwalkers.

Jayhawker010
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tjb4436 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:57 pm

I'll join in on this to! I think it's a great idea!

Strengths: Hallie is a decent swimmer and knows how to use weapons well, and she isn't afraid to kill something if it causes danger to her. She is fairly strong. She can hunt very well as her father used to take her, and she knows how to make snares.

Weaknesses: Hallie has absolutely no clue how to build and no clue how to heal. She goes by what she see's on TV shows (which isn't much). Also she doesn't know how to make a fire. Hallie can be okay at group work as long as no one tries to help her out with her portion. Hallie isn't a big fan of being ordered around either, she does what she thinks she should, which doesn't always help.
Last edited by tjb4436 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colour my life with the chaosoftrouble

tjb4436
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koji on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:04 am

So far i am amazed with the vareity of cool survivor skills everyone has trown out tho i need to be honest when i say , i am COMPLETLY bumbed/dissapointed/pissed between many other about a few things conserning what i mentioned in the first post, i quote :

"i find it unfair that like a persone can be a 1 man survivor expert. Like cmon, that would really make the rp a bit dull for me atleast, it would make things easier for the characters but it really wouldnt be much surviving if we did have that kind of persone."

I bet i dont need to explain nor give details, pretty sure the ooc topics mixed with story's post speak for themself , i dont want to point out ayone nor pin ppl to the ground screaming " you imbecil, you cant do that wtf?" this is roleplay, freedom to break out imagination and have a good time but.. cmon.. SERIOUSLY? i am trying to be polite tho i must sound like the worse of them all at times , tho 1 thing is to be a 1 man survivor army (to put it that way) and other is to have good skills that can be put into use. what ever i just needed to get that off my chest before i closed up for tonight, please....read..spread the word.. and if u got to call me a prink, asshole or w.e. for posting this, please do so, just that i have it in mind

Maybe i just need a good night sleep to let it sink in and get over it huh...?

Koji
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:35 am

Hey there! I just posted Cammen's intro (since I was a little late on posting his profile, and I'm like... five pages late, so he's just laying around for a bit before he goes out searching some more). He's not going to be a one man survivor, obviously, because that would be boring.

Military Mind and Prowess: Being a military man, he's been taught to survive in tough situations (such as coping with what little you have, working as a team and relating how to "get things done" efficiently, building shelters, rationing food) and knows how to work well with others. This has also taught him to stay strong in these situations, and how to be ruthless when encountered with obstacles. He's also a pretty strong fella', with all of the PT and junk.

Med-Tech: In the Armed Forces, he was medical technician, meaning he has medical expertise. Like a paramedic, he knows how to fix bones, stem wounds, stop you from bleeding out and saving your behind, but he knows how to do all of that without the use of medical equipment. He uses what he has around him, much like he would if he was in the field.

Incredibly Unstable (PTSD): Suffering from acute Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Cammen might hurt people when he doesn't mean to by snapping, often because of his "triggers", or sometimes when he's having nightmares when sleeping, he's put into a sort of trance where he thinks he's being attacked. He suffers from survivals guilt, doesn't like to be touched or spooked, etc.

Routine: Like most people who serve, Cammen likes things to be done a certain way and if it works, it needs to be constant. Consistency is important, and he'll strive to uphold that consistency by any means necessary. He needs to implement the military in everything he does, or he loses it.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angelika Petrova on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:58 am

Great idea.
Tirka has:

A wide knowledge of plants and their uses.
Is quite intelligent
Can fight.
i can sew a wound shut without a needle.
uuummmm.... I can skip stones?
yes, we all know i fail.
A7X Deathbat Army!

Leaders : QueenJen and Angelika Petrova!!

It's Your F***king Nightmare!!!

Angelika Petrova
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurmix on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Chris is a scout so he has a lot.He also goes to karate-do lessons (or used to).((lolzzzz-copy of my interests,i am a scout and i have an orange belt at karate-do,but Chris has 2nd blue belt)).

Knows karate quite well
can make a fire out of two stones (but not with sticks)
can climb on trees very well
has a talent of easily finding how to make his own tools from what he found
is good at finding a campsite
good sense of humor (to keep himself and any others if he finds some from cannibalism-lollll)

Kurmix
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adig01 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:21 pm

And.. His weaknesses? Oh wait! I forgot! He doesn't have any!! xD

Adig01
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angelika Petrova on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:14 am

Oh, I forgot to mention, but I think you all might have guessed by now.
Weaknesses of tirka.

She has a mental problem. She needs to learn new things regularly, and memorise them, or she actually lkoses her grip.goes cuckoo. mental. round the fucking BEND. So, uh, here are the stages:

1.mild jumpiness, often tries to be alone.
2.gets annoyed very easily(sorry hallie!)
3.Angry fits, where she just destroys everything she can find..
4.Childishness, where she retreats back into her child self, and is much more vulnerable.
5.Unmoving. She like, stares blankly at a wall, or just stares into space, saying nothing, doing nothing.
6.The penultimate stage. She searches for pictures everywhere, on faces, rocks, walls, clouds. If she finds a book, or something she hasn't read, then she'll start to get better.
7.The last stage. She turns pure feral, acting lika an animal, snarling at everyone and everything. grows accustomed to walking on all fours, and will abandon everyone. She will be unsaveable.

so, erm, good luck.

Angelika Petrova
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurmix on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:38 pm

yeh sorry
weaknesses:
isn't good at recognizing fish or plants,
gets very confused when something fails,
isn't a very good leader,
heavy sleeper

Kurmix
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koji on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 pm

kuroi has no problem with stabing anything that treatens he's life thats for sure xD so yeah.. tirka better not get close even if she is not suppost to

Koji
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angelika Petrova on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Well, thanks! Glad to see she means so much, lol

Angelika Petrova
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby red_bull_loves_me on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Okay i want to give this a go... see where it takes me.
Strengths: Michael is a predator so he is fine with being out in the jungle. Hunting, gathering etc. He knows how to make a tourniquet to stop bleeding. And how to make a fire with his zippo. And knows how to make a primitive bow. ( that will brake more likely than shoot a arrow.) He is also a rather skilled climber.

Weaknesses: Michael is a loner, the main reason he goes into the jungle is to get away from people. He also does not believe that for hunting animals down and carrying them to the camp without anything in it for him. He is a smoker, so he can't run for extend time. And if you can't pay for the animal. He is more than happy to go to the other camp. He is not a strong swimmer. And broken bones he has no clue how to set them. And he is defiant to any form of authority.And if anyone does try to pull the authority card it will get bloody.

red_bull_loves_me
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:00 am

Alright, let me try this with Leo...

Strengths: Thanks to spending time with his father, he has basic and advanced crafting skills (Only with wood) and thanks to his mom he reads a lot of books, essentially making him intelligent. He'll go Lord Of The Flies on you, and can make fire with his prescription goggles but the sun has to be out. He is also an above average runner.

Weaknesses: Not very... Okay just a little.. oh screw it, little to no upper body strength and bad communication skills. (He's mute, Duh!) He is NOT a hunter, because you need the physical prowlness to be one and that's not Leo's thing. HATES to be left alone, will go into a depression if he's left alone for a day without people. Since the fact that he is also a writer he tends to let his feelings out and in a survival situation is not always the best thing to do.

Hells13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!