Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A Sad Day for Happiness

A Sad Day for Happiness

a part of “A Sad Day for Happiness”, a fictional universe by MagicalNeko.

My eyes fluttered open. Where am I? Who am I? The curtain around my bed is pulled back a little by someone I don't recognize. He smiles. "Have you remembered yet?"

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Sad Day for Happiness”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] A Sad Day for Happiness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:40 pm

:a . SAD . d a y . f o r . HAPPINESS:

I'll see you on the other side, in the apple of my eye
Let us paint a scenery in a colour we can see
Switch the news off, go to sleep
Fight the tears in misery
I've exchanged my childhood dreams for a bunch of make-believe
Tpuch the button
You should sit and listen
Watching as a tear rains into a broken heart
It's a sad day for happiness
In this lazy world
It's a crazy world, so all we can do is be
A little crazy
To save today

[Sad Day (For Happiness) - Cinema Bizarre]

The smell of sterilization and sanitation wafted into my room from the empty hallway, and my eyes fluttered open. Where am I? Who am I? My name is Ryan Nevaeh-Raen DeLuca... isn't it? But I go by Nevaeh. I remember the accident. No, not an accident. I jumped on purpose. I remember Navie. Navie Avienne Heising. My boyfriend. My younger brother? But.... No. Adopted. I am adopted, so it's okay. Isn't it? And... I am... in the hospital. I am recovering. But this is the Psychiatric Unit. Am I really okay? Depressed, they said. Chronically depressed. But why? Now I remember Mom and Dad, slaughtered like animals... and the men who raped the three of us. The removal of still-beating hearts. An electric whirring sound. A thick, black liquid being forced down my throat. Or was it black? Everything I can't remember is black. I blink hard, trying to remember, but as I do, the things I do remember come back stronger, and I keel over, heaving what's left of last night's dinner onto the.... There's already a bucket at my bedside. Is this normal for me? The curtain around my bed is pulled back a little, and I look up a boy younger than me. Pretty.
"Have you remembered yet?"
They're not allowed to talk to me until it comes back, or I risk permanent psycological damage. I narrow my eyes, and I try. His name comes when it's called by the boy who sleeps in the bed next to me and he's told to leave me alone. I smile. I remember his name, too. We are friends, aren't we? And this isn't just a hospital. It's a special Psychiatric Hospital for people who will never get better, called Invisible Angel Institute. And I will live here forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So, as you've (hopefully) read, this is a role-play about a group of teens in a mental institution. I want to make something very clear RIGHT NOW. I wrote this back in October 2010 as a story about a chronically depressed teen boy who was in the hospital after attempting suicide. Yeah, big deal, right? Well, not exactly. It's based on personal experience. For the month of October, I was in the hospital for "attempting suicide". I didn't really. It was my mother and sister's fault for calling the police to take me to the hospital, and that's all you need to know (unless I love you, and then you're allowed to pry). Yeah, mix-up, huh? Well, I'm scared of ambulances. So there. Anyway, the point is that I'm hungry and a little cranky as I write this, so I'll definitely scrutinize character applications to the finest detail. I know a realistic crazy person when I see one, so take this seriously. You won't get in by telling me that your character's schizophrenic and explaining elaborately what schizophrenia is. I know what it is, and I'm afraid of it. And I don't want a million characters with Dissociative Identity Disorder, either. AKA Multiple Personalities. Or a million characters that have attempted suicide. One or two, maybe, but that was my thing first, so get your own. Seriously, be creative.

Uhh... what else? Oh! Not everyone and their dog plays the piano and/or sings really well. Not everyone and their dog is a perfect artist. I just like that saying, 'Everyone and their dog'. Anyway, it's okay for one person for each, or two maybe (because I happened to know a girl who could both play the piano and draw really well; and I happened to be like that, too). We will be allowed personal belonging and clothing, as well as contact with families, and decorations of our own choice for our parts of the rooms. On that note, if you have a character that does have suicidal tendancies then you probably won't be allowed to have anything that you could potentially harm yourself with; ie. necklaces, bracelets, pens and pencils (without supervision), soaps, shampoos, conditioners, in some cases even your own clothing unless a psychiatrist has specified other wise. You know. That kind of stuff.

So basically, I want authenticity and creativity with this RPG. If we have ideas for moving the story forward, we will put it down here and discuss it. Or maybe I'll make another forum for discussion so we can piss around on this one and talk. I find that there's always things I want to say to the other role-players as we go through, and with some of the sites I've been with it's very inconvieniant to have to post OOC whenever you want to say something. So talk often and socialize.... Or something. I think that's all. But if not, I'll edit this and make sure everyone knows. Unless I'm feeling lazy, and then I'll let y'all stumble upon it by accident.

Invisible Angel Institute
Invisible Angel Institute is pretty diverse in terms of facilities. There's a TV room for each floor, and a pool table with a piano in the back room of the floor we're specifically set on. Each floor has it's own small kitchen with a fridge, coffee maker, et cetera, incase the residents get hungry between meals. On that note, meals are brought up from the kitchen three times a day — breakfast is at nine, lunch at noon, and dinner at five. Everyone sees a dietician upon entry, and no one is served foods that they don't like. Except on weekends, when the normal staff goes home, and the volenteers only make oatmeal and toast for breakfast, egg salad sandwhiches for lunch, and meatloaf for dinner. And no kidding — I went through that for a month. I starved on weekends.
IAI also offers a gymnasium as well as a track and feild, and a pool which are all open between the hours of ten and four, and is reopened on the weekends after dinner from six to ten.

Bedding Arrangements and Rooms
I thought this might be important. I have the beds numbered off from one to four in public rooms (112 and 113). Beds ONE and TWO are directly next to eachother with a curtain separating them. Same with THREE and FOUR. Beds TWO and FOUR are next to the windows. Remember it. On that note, the blankets come in an array of colours — blue, pink, yellow, creme, and I believe I saw green ones.... Yeah, so take your pick. You can have as many pillows as you want. If your character had a special pillow at home, they can bring it along.
The walls in the rooms are generally white or light creme, with paintings hung on them for colour. Everyone has a sidetable and a desk with drawers for their clothes and other belongings, as well as a locker, which is next to the bathroom. There is a single shower on each floor of the facility, and a bath, but they are public. The private rooms are the only ones with private showers. Also, males and females can't share rooms. If I didn't care so much then it wouldn't matter, but I do because it's just not done that way. Yep.
Image ImageImage

Neko's Words of Wisdom
"The stalker who stalks people will subsequently be stalked by other stalkers."
"The castle moves sideways and can go through any piece, and the king is invisible when played on Mondays, and the queen likes teeeeeaaaa!" — Lurelle as Tanaka (Black Butler)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] A Sad Day for Happiness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Upfallen on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Oh. This is one of the best-looking mental hospital type roleplays I've seen in a really long time. You can certainly expect me to join it sometime soon given that I don't forget to do so.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Upfallen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:11 pm

@Fallen: Sweet. Do you want me to remind you before all the roles are taken, cuz I will.... If I remember. :D

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Upfallen on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:29 pm

That'd be nice, actually. Me and my God-awful memory. xD

I must not make my usual characters, blergh. I use 'em way to often. Time to go listen to some music and purge that temptation from my brainz~

Upfallen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:40 pm

I totally know how you feel, lmfao. I have half a goldfish memory. :D

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuckOnMyJuiceBox on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Darling.. Darling... You and your ridiculiously marvelous roleplays..

:D Could I reserve the bed in room one twelve? I don't have time right now, and I have this a-mazing idea for my character. Like..A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-mazing idea. Pretty amazing, huh.
Someone doesnt like you? Fuck it. Having a bad day? Fuck it. Didn’t get that job, or that grade? Fuck it. Fighting with your lover? Fuck it. Feel fat today? Fuck it. Losing control of everything and everyone? Fuck it. What matters now won’t matter soon; the truly important thing is that you are alive, and that you have the capacity to do absolutely anything with this beautiful, crazy coincidence of being on this earth. Just stick your middle fingers in the air and think,‘Damn, I have it good.’
-Gerard Way

SuckOnMyJuiceBox
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:00 pm

@Juicy: Well, of course you can. Duh, you and the other three all get spots whether you want them or not. So there. :P Actually, if the three of you joined, you could ALL take beds in 112, and then we'd all be together!

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Upfallen on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:03 pm

...I can haz bed four then? I'd prolly have a panic attack if I didn't get an even number. xP

Progress on my character is going. Slowly. Is it alright if I just describe him as opposed to finding a picture? It's easier.

Upfallen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:08 pm

@Fallen: Yep. You can totally have an even number!

You can definitely write a description instead! That works with me. Of course it does! -dances-

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Upfallen on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Thankyouthankyou~

As long as my mom doesn't drag me away from the computer to empty all the papers out of my bag like she keeps telling me to do, I should be done in -insert amount of time here-.

Upfallen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fayefaraway2 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi, this rp sounds good, so can I reserve one of the beds in room 13 please?

fayefaraway2
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LozerFanAnah on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Magiko my lover girl sweetums who I'm texting eventually. Reserve me for whatever room you want unless I must choose then I'll take the private one cause my character is going to be tough. Amazing I mean. Oh whatever.

So what are you doing for your birthday?? (screw PM, I want to know here)
~Sunshine In Your Soul Makes Me Creep Outside Your Window~

Marshmallow People
AnahCakes = Grey Marshmallow
Magiko = Pink Marshmallow
YoniBoni = Triangle Man
JuiceyBox = Flying Otter
Bad RPer = Triangle Lady

~We arrived first, then comes the drinking celebration session, i was full with alcohol even i can't carry my head so i just slept my way on the floor.~
(It's In There Somewhere Third Line.)

LozerFanAnah
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:36 pm

@Lozereeny: You better text me, Sweetie. I'm waiting.... Wait. I think my sister left. Did she take her phone? Darn, she always ruins my plans. I think I might be able to borrow my Mom's phone. That could work, but I'd have to ask her first, and I've already asked her a favour tonight.... Hmm....

...The private one, then. Which reminds me.

@All: Rooms 112 and 114 MUST be ALL-MALE! Room 113 is ALL-FEMALE! That is all.

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Wow.... I scared myself when I saw my last post. Haha.... I make myself laugh sometimes.

Yeah. I forgot.

For my birthday I'm hunting you down, Lover. I mean, two hours distance? Damn straight! I want Lozereeny for my birthday. And Honey, and Juicey. But they're so far away.... -sniffle- It's not fair. D:

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:34 pm

TEEEXT ME TOO GUYS, SO I CAN BASK IN THE LOVE.

Also, I would definitely come down for your birthday. Sounds like a sexy party to me. And can I reserve a spot in 112 as a manly man lovin' all the boys' and girls? And another boy in any other room, surprise me, 'cause I fail hard at roleplaying girls. Woe is me. Seriously though, I'm glad we gots' some Lozereeney, and MagiNekun lovin' in here. All we need is some sucking on my--... SuckOnMyJuiceBox, is what I mean.

EDITED, because I'm blind and didn't notice that Juicey was here. -hugs-

P.S: I'm PMing you guys' my cellphone number. <3
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:17 pm

My sister came home, so y'all can text me now! Yay!

Honey, your spots have been reserved. Your second character has to share a semi-private room with Savannah, so have fun, lmfao. Anyway, I thought Felice was awesome, and she was a female....

You definitely have to come visit me for my birthday. It's May 14. Now, my bed buddies, you must tell me yours so I can mark my calender. :D

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LozerFanAnah on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:28 pm

YAY YONIBONI ISH HERE! SO ISH JUICEYBOX! *HuggleLoveMakingGlomp* ;{D

Holy shit! My birthday is May 9th! AHHHH! An Emerald Taurus to be with me. <3 I love you Magiko. (What should I Tell your sis when I text?)

YoniBoni, imma be texting you until you get pissed. I don't care though cause I love you and you can't stop me.

JuiceyBox; you're just sexy.

LozerFanAnah
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:32 pm

Don't worry about it. I've got her phone so say what ever you want, Lovereeny. :D Yay for May 9! I'm gonna mark it! -marks calender in bedroom... upstairs- Okay, so I didn't really. But I will. I only want to make one trip, so I'll wait for Honey and Juicy. If Juicy's still here.... Oh well.

Once y'all finish your characters, though, we can start. Innit exciting?

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuckOnMyJuiceBox on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:37 pm

*kisses everyone jhlhgfsgbn times* MWUAH. I'm here.

Oh man. I lost my phone.. In my own house. So I told my mom, and she laughed, then I told my dad, and he grins like the buttwipe he is, because obviously, losing my standing ovation is FAN-fucking-TASTIC. -breathes-

And my birthday is November 3rd.

*hugs Bun-roll* WHA-PAH! ( George Lopez, baby. )

Imma get my character up by tonight.. maybe. If not, then tomorrow definitely. :D

And Anah; you aren't sexy. You are sex-ay. Sex. Ay.
Last edited by SuckOnMyJuiceBox on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuckOnMyJuiceBox
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LozerFanAnah on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:37 pm

I put your b-day in mah phone so I get an alarm when it's here. Wow. I can do stuff with my phone in mah basement but I can't text. How bullshit is that? Fuck. BULL! Bell has some really shitty service I must say. Crappiest service ever. I wish I could stab them all in the face and just leave it at that. Fucking bitches.

I can't wait to start with this. My first post is going to be so heart wrenching to me I'll feel bad for posting it. Poor Karina. What have I done to him?

I KNOW! I turned him into a crazy depressed teenager with a phobia of being alone then I put him alone like the sadistic bitch I am?

(Who wouldn't want to spend their birthday with me?)

LozerFanAnah
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!