Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Stratos: Apotheosis of a Pirate

Stratos: Apotheosis of a Pirate

a part of “Stratos: Apotheosis of a Pirate”, a fictional universe by Eastep.

The pirate god is offering up his position to the best pirate in the world, and more importantly, to the one who can reach him in his abode. Thus a crew of brave pirates embarks on a journey to elevate themselves to godhood.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Stratos: Apotheosis of a Pirate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Stratos: Apotheosis of a Pirate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:17 pm

The link to the RP Tab "Stratos: Apotheosis of a Pirate"

I invite you with a warm welcome and a cool disregard for the stain on your shirt there, to come and roleplay with me and my fellow members of The Gateway in a story that I sincerely hope will satiate your lust for the amazing and the menial.
This story begins in this topic, yet arcs out into many more, and I hope that one day this may become as memorable and as familiar as any story you've yet come to participate in.
Now with the pleasantries done with, I'd like to give you a show around the story, touching on the theme and topics, the links to threads where you can learn more about the world this story takes place in, and how you can become a part of this winding tale of epic proportions.
First, themes.
I hope for this to inspire something different in every reader, while still maintaining a sense of wonder and awe all throughout the tale, from chase scenes through asteroid-belt resembling floating mountains, to the calm afternoon drifting over the landscape.
However, more important than what I want, is what you hope to get out of this experience.
This is not my story, and you are not simply my playthings (although that does sound fun. Minions) this is a group telling of a story, even if it is guided by me and my co-GMs.
But! Seeing as this should have a more definite code of rules and conduct, so as to guarantee better playthrough for everyone, I shall outlay a few rules and suggestions for you to follow. (these are on the RP Tab part)

Moving on to the topics. Here you'll find a compendium of all the knowledge there is thought up for the world of Stratos.

Now then, are you excited and intrigued?!
Sweet!
So, what you need to know to get a character pumped out, without reading through tedious amounts of information. I still recommend reading through most of the information, since there could be a good hook or twist lingering in the dusty folds of one of those many links.

Here's what you need to know in a nutshell:

Cities are not on the ground. They fly in the air by means of magic and technological might. Cities do not stay in one place for very long and are constantly on the move.

Magic is not pulled out of thin air. It is drilled from the ground, like oil. It is the most valuble thing in the existence of the world, for no empire can go on without it, in any reasonable resemblance of it's former glory at least.

Spells are cast both through objects and via mental willpower, but both require oil. There is a tradeoff though, machines do it for more power and more magic, whereas spells done by hand are more efficent, more specific, but less powerful.

There are four races for you to play. There are many more throughout the world of Stratos, but these are the four that we have decided to let you play, and the most plentiful in the cities you'll visit.

The first of these races are Humans, for what would a world be without us? These are as varied as they are in our world, but please, if you're going to make an Arabian, remember that in this world, there is no Arabian culture for you to give to him.

The second are Goblins. Physically, they are noted for their green shaded skin -- though tone is still as varied as human skin -- downward pointed ears and slight shortness compared to humans. Better known yet, is their understanding of the practical application of mechanics and engineering.

Elves are not exactly what you are thinking, although they are somewhat similiar to tolkien's in appearance. These are not the sophisticated lovely little fair skinned beings you may think them to be. These are dexterious folk with an extra digit on each finger, making it one joint longer. Their bones are dainty and lightweight, while they have a heightened sense of sight, hearing, and balance, but they lack strength and are the weakest physically of the races. They still retain their pointed ears though! Be noted though, that elves are closely associated with their northern brethren even if they are born and raised in a city-state.

Rinomen are rhino-men. Much like minotaurs in build and strength, these are the least dextrious of the races, but the strongest of them all. They are patient and have their own code of chivalry -- that is, at least, those that beleive in such a thing. Whereas Goblins are known for their abilty to handle technical aspects, Rinomen are highly respected for their feats of construction; making great forgers, iron workers, and laborers

The ground beneath you is as much your enemy as is any predatory beast or faulty spell. One day you may stand on a grand mountain commanding an amazing view of the surrounding lands, and the next day it and the lands around will be something new altogether. Perhaps a misty bog with clawed trees and weak sunshine, or maybe a rolling grassland barely inches above the waterlevel of the river rushing nearby.
It is never the same for long, and as such, it is as great an enemy as any.

Without magic, the land is a barren grey wasteland of unimaginable hostility. The sun shines down here with an unbearable intensity, as if forcing whatever life on these drained lands to leave as fast as it can. Nothing exists in any direction but a hard grey stone that sores the legs as fast as it wears down the soul. It is known for men to fall into bouts of crushing depression, merely from walking on the surface of these lands for a few hours.

The land of the gods. Every child has heard tales of it, and the mortals that have ascended themselves to join the ranks of those across the glacial sea, a land as draining and trying as the barren wastelands lacking magic beneath them.
The stories say that the glacial sea was ripped into the land by the elder gods long ago, during the war between the mortals and the gods. They also say that the palaces the gods live in are so grand that they stun even splendorous princes into a awed silence. From these grand palaces, they observe the mortals, and some off them boldly venture back into the world from whence they came.

The gods. They can be struck down or tricked by mortals. And he who tricks them or kills them inherits the responsibilities and powers of that god, transcending mortality to join the ranks of gods.

Monsters roam the lands outside of the cities, ravaging whatever they see in sight. Many of these are only whispered between mortals, as if it was a sin to mention the dark creatures. Many of them are defined in our bestiary, but read that with this in mind: you may know of the creature, but your character may or may not. Most of the creatures in there are rarely known about, seeing as so few people live to tell about them.

Chernobyl traditions:

Writing your name on a bullet to ensure that nobody can shoot you with it. Derived from the phrase "There's a bullet with your name on it."

Writing an enemy's name on the bottom of your boot. This is a sign of utter disrespect, and is simply a way of "walking all over their name."

Rubbing the beaver's tail. Before any journey can be made, every member of the crew is obligated to give the figurehead's tail a good rubbing for luck.
Red Factioooon!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eastep
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Stratos: Apotheosis of a Pirate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallacy on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:18 pm

I deferred here.
Alternative roleplaying forums, chat, and Etherpad

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fallacy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby missclickBOOM on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Alrighty,what do we do?

missclickBOOM
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:38 pm

If you're intent on joining up, then let's get started on a character for you. Now, on the note of characters, I can only have so many in the RP, and I'm already expecting several people to sign up who showed interest while it was being made, or helped make it. I don't trust myself to run a game with more than ten people in it, so unless we can work something out, you're really going to have to wow me with skill or character to ensure a spot.
No hard feelings though, it's not that I don't want to roleplay with you, I just can't do so in this roleplay. But don't be scared to submit a character, because if somebody dies or goes inactive, then you get to step up to the plate!

Eastep
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!