Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Even Gods Bleed

EGB-Announcements

a part of “Even Gods Bleed”, a fictional universe by Crooked Thoughts.

In Cam Lire hope is whispered in children ears to aid sleep. The reign of the God King is spreading like disease. And though it need curing rebellion is but a dream. However some would see it reality. But is this really a plague or blessing?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Even Gods Bleed”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] EGB-Announcements

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:11 pm

In Cam Lire, hope is something whispered in the ears of children to aid in sleep. The reign of the God King is spreading like a disease. And though it needs curing, rebellion is but a sweet dream. However, there are those who would see it reality. But, is this really a plague or a blessing in disguise?

LINKS

1. RP Tab
  2. IC Page
  3. OOC Page
  4. Announcement Page
  5. Player Directory
  6. Character Directory
  1. Races Page
  2. Classes & Specialization Page
  3. Magic System Page
  4. Location Page
  5. Information Page

Announcements Page

This thread will be used for announcements concerning the RP, Even Gods Bleed. Anytime I have something important to say I will post it here. The same goes for you. If you are dropping out of the roleplay or leaving for a short period of time -- Post that information here. So make sure to check this regularly. But, I will also make important post in the OOC. This is mainly for those RPers who do not post in the OOC or check it. Also, if you are not part of this RP: PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE!
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] EGB-Announcements

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri May 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Announcement: 5/27/11

1. After so much delay, the IC is finally up and this RP has officially been started!So there's not much to say except for go post! Link here: Even Gods Bleed-In Character

2. I lied there is a bit of info you should be aware before posting. In each and every post you are to make a heading similar to mine. There should be four lines:

• Line 1: Location on world scale
    • Line 2: Location on city scale
    • Line 3: Time and Date
    • Line 4: The Character

So just remember to do this for every post. Also try and remember to remove your signature before submitting the post. This kind of helps the story flow more seamlessly without having to scroll across a custom banner. There are also a few other rules listed in the IC section, so be sure to abide by those as well.

3. The directories are nearly updated, so be sure to check and make sure everything is right and correct. If not PM me and I will make the needed corrections.

4. Also when posting, be sure never to get to far ahead of me, time wise. I don't mind more than a few hours, but never anywhere close to a day or so. However, the past is free to post in. As of now, your character can post anywhere before 12 PM that Saturday morning to around 12 AM Sunday morning.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Tue May 31, 2011 4:37 am

Announcement: 5/31/11

1. So rather than wait till when the story is slowing down, I was wondering if anyone had any plot ideas? Like events that would like to see task e place or a side quest. This can be related to the main story or can stray completely. I would just like to know what they are. If you have one, post it here in the Announcement thread. I will go over it and then PM you, where we can further discuss and maybe introduce it to others.

2. I would like to state this again, if anyone would like me to add a location to roster then let me know. We do this so everyone can have a better bearing on their surrounding when in a certain location. I don't care if this is a city or someone's bedroom, I am willing to help and add it.

Also, a while back 7achary offered to help with this as well. I am not sure if he is still up to it though, but this is another individual that can help you. He has already had a creation of his own added to the RP. Which is the small town of Rebbanburg and I assisted by adding the pictures and of course copying & pasting. (I know, I work too hard.)

3. This goes for everyone, if you need help getting involved more in the RP or are looking to interact with a character, don't hesitate to PM me. I will do my best as GM and as a member of this Rp to help you. This means tossing around ideas and messaging other members to see what we can come up with.

The best way to do this, in a RP that takes place across an entire country, with cities separated by miles of land and water? Is to party up. By doing so, this ensures your character will always have at least some basic dialog option and interaction. It is also just more fun, than wandering alone.

4. I also want to say to those people waiting on a reply from me, expect it by today or tomorrow.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:50 pm

Well, in regard to the three ideas posted in the OOC thread, I would say that from the way things look right now, Tanith would be somehow involved with the tournament, and Chiv would probably be hanging around in the more political intrigue-oriented corner, though really it simply depends on what Von decides to have Shar do.

This is the thread I was supposed to put this in, right? I will feel supremely foolish if it is not.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm just following suit, then. Caspian will inevitably be leading Tanith to the tournament; whether or not it's because he wants to confirm if Empress Shar is there, and not be alone in doing so, or he's genuinely leading Tanith to more familiar grounds. Maybe he thinks she's royalty or somehow affiliated with the God King. Anyhow, he'll be involved in the tournament as well. Here's my idea, Empress Shar spots him in the crowd (if Loveydovey consents) and makes a deal: Fight for you life, and if you win; you escape slavery, and if he loves, she can do whatever she wishes with him. Well, not like he'd have a choice in the matter either way. Anyhow! Something like that?
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thepyromaker on Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm thinking with the political intrigue for Karthus maybe having Azreal's Daughter contend for the throne, possibly pitting Karthus' loyalty to the King or her.

Thepyromaker
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:08 pm

I'm down, Yonny. Shar would love it at first, then totally hate him forever and prolly still send out mercenaries to kick his little elf ass if he won. Yeah, she's hateful like that. Chiv would have to be all like, "Now Shar... calm down..." -eye roll-

Yeah, that would be fun! <3

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:09 pm

@Kurokiku/Yonbibuns/Lovely VonSchultz: As I said before, I don't want people just happening upon things, there has to be a reason. And even though Caspian is hoping to find Shar there, that would still be a long shot. Because if her schedule was so obvious, assassins and others wanting her position would have killed her already.

So instead maybe Shar has had mercs trailing Caspian for a long time when they finally find him and capture him. They then bring him before Shar where she offers him the deal. Meanwhile Tanith was nearby when Caspian was taken and travels to the city in search of him, where she then hears of someone matching his description taking place in the games and she decides to rescue him and gets caught herself and is forced to fight his life as well as her own.

Also, maybe these mercs can be characters instead of NPC's. But, that is just an extra aspect of it.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:42 am

Thepyromaker wrote:I'm thinking with the political intrigue for Karthus maybe having Azreal's Daughter contend for the throne, possibly pitting Karthus' loyalty to the King or her.

I am in the mood for politics. Though I think Iphigenia contending for the throne just yet would be too early, and the notion of taking the throne has yet to even cross her mind. She more or less wishes for the whole royal family to be dead, herself included, in order to end any suffering for her people. Though I can see this as a possible future.

I suggest the God King stay in Illumine for plot number two and sub plot number three, though I am of course biased according to what I wish for my character to do c: heh. I think solving people's problems is something Iphigenia would be heavily involved in, and it would give me the opportunity to strut her stuff when it comes to her duties and occupation. As well as some banter with any nobles who try to but heads with her and her methods. So I plan to have my character involved with plot number two, reasons for her being there are obvious.
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

That One Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:03 pm

I agree. Thanks for the insight, Fly. How's that sound, Loveydovey? Caspian could very well get jumped by Empress Shar's hired mercenaries, and dragged into the tournament without much choice but to fight for his life. And he'll make that wager, because Shar can't turn down a good bet. Tanith would be roped in trying to find him, too.

Brilliant!

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm all for that idea. Sorry I didn't throw a reason in beforehand; for some reason I thought everyone would be deciding where they want to go and then we'd work out plot. But this works too. And Tanith would absolutely do that. One good turn deserves another, or something of that sort.

I guess that means Chiv's along for the ride also, since he goes where Shar goes. And also possibly convincing her to keep her end of the bargain so that Caspian doesn't end up dead or mauled haha.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:10 am

I have a few ideas floating around in my head, and I'm curious what you all would think about them. I hope its ok to post it here... but everyone seems to be talking about plot ideas here so I figured it would work.

First of all I'm in the process of coming up with location information for the barbarian tribes in my head at the moment. I dont know how long it will take me to get it all worked out.

One plot idea is to have some people come from Alana's past who would become some antagonists aside from the god king. Though this would center around Alana, at first at least, anyone who is friendly with her could get involved.

Next if at some point some of the characters are looking for a place to hide out Alana could suggest they go back to her home out of desperation. Or perhaps the rebellion is looking for somewhere to set a base and looking to recruit, so they travel to the tribes hoping to convince them of the threat the god king poses and get them to fight.

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:59 pm

@psychonezumi: If you need any help with the location let me know.

I like this idea. I could even work it in with one of the ideas above. But, your character would have to be present at the “tax collecting” scene. My idea is to give, not only your character but the Kor a history with Orcs. Like the Dwarfs, maybe the Kor was ran out of the savagelands by them. Except this took place more recently when CR’s character came into power. I would also like to give the two a more personal rivalry. Anyway, it is up to you two.

Either way, you make these antagonist OC’s instead of NPC characters. It would help make more things more interesting.

This too is a good idea, as I can tie it into the story. Though if you will allow to me to do with it as I please, the characters probably won’t go there until later in the RP. Or in the beginning of the next chapter.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Well I was planning on having her at the "tax collecting" anyways so that works. I like the idea of a history with the Orcs, it could play into the ideas I have for the bad guy barbarians well.
Are you talking about a rivalry with CR's character? If so I dont think Alana would get along well with him at all, so it could work well.

I was going to make them OC's already actually, I figured it would be better. I was planning on them being childhood friends of Alana's, one of whom she had an arranged engagement with before she was exiled.

I wasn't expecting the last idea to happen any time soon, you can use it however you'd like.

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Ok, cool.

And just so you know, the character I was referring to is his new character. A female Orc Chieftainess, Ruler of the Orcs.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:10 pm

I believe that I'm down with the decision about mercs and Caspian. Shall I be the one to make the move to capture him? Or will that be posted by Yonny?

Also, how far ahead can we jump now? Seeing as Shar needs to get back to the castle soon, what with a foreign visitor in her home and all. xP Because if the mercs aren't going to catch him until... say, morning?... than I don't really know what Shar will be doing until then. Besides checking on things with her servant through her miiinnnddddd. Oooooo

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:12 pm

SOB posted it twice. >_>

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:20 pm

All that stuff will happen next chapter, after a time jump posted by me.

As for Shar moving on, just state that she left sometime before 12, really anytime before my last post. Also I wanted to PM you about the God King and Shar having brief discussion with each other. This would also take place before my last post and before Shar left. I would include it all my next post with the God King. So I will be messaging you sometime soon about that.

And since it will take a while for Shar to get back to the castle, you and the characters involved may skip ahead a day or so.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 pm

I will ask you further questions after I receive your PM, Fly. I don't wanna crowd the announcement page. :P

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Ah I see, that sounds even better! I haven't had a chance to see that character yet.

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!