Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shibusen Academy: Reign of the Soul Reaver

Shibusen Academy: Reign of the Soul Reaver

a part of “Shibusen Academy: Reign of the Soul Reaver”, a fictional universe by Akionakamura.

Death Weapon Meister Academy... ...Popularly known as the DWMA. It is an institution to train weapons and meisters

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shibusen Academy: Reign of the Soul Reaver”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Shibusen Academy: Reign of the Soul Reaver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akionakamura on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:25 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Shibusen Academy: Reign of the Soul Reaver"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akionakamura
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: [OOC] Shibusen Academy: Reign of the Soul Reaver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:30 pm

I might do this. I would like to be a weapon though, so tell me if I could create one, Ok :3. I also love the anime and manga

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sorence
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:38 am

So... how is this going to work? Are we going to already be assigned to our partner or are we going to be given one like on the first day of school?

Sorence
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gintoki Sakata on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:18 am

Were going to get 5-7 meisters 1st, then we will allow weapons to choose their partners, but both meister and weapon must be willing to cooperate(Btw, I'm co-writer xP).

Gintoki Sakata
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks, but what I ment was in the RP, is it we already know our partners or are we meeting them for the first time?

Sorence
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:53 am

Hmmm. I'd loooove to join. I'm just wondering if you're setting the goals for meisters a bit high. Perhaps 4-5 should be enough compared to 7? Cause with weapons that would be a minimum 14 people and I'm not exactly sure if everyone wouldn't flake off at some point or another and leave someone wanting a meister or weapon.

All in all I'll be submitting a character to join the ranks of meisters if that is okay?

Also Sorence if you need any reference to how the meister/weapons pick partners you could always read 'Soul Eater NOT!' It's made by the same person but focuses a bit more on the beginnings of a student's life and the like.
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lazuli on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm guessing the Soul Reaver will be a character that is going to have to be made to start? Or is it gonna be like one of those characters will everyone can control them if we dont?
"You'll have to be a little more specific --- A lot of things are my fault."

lazuli
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gintoki Sakata on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Actually, we have a friend in mind to play the soul reaver. But thats only if someone else dosen't take the position 1st.(And holy shit, thats panty and stocking isnt it?!)

Gintoki Sakata
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lazuli on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 pm

Okay that works too =)...and Yes it's very much so! =D I love those two and the show...except the ending a little >_>

lazuli
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:04 pm

OK! WHO WANTS TO WORK WITH ME! :D

And no again. What I mean is do we know our partners in the beginning, like the beginning of soul eater how Maka and Soul have 99 Kishen souls and live together and know each other well. Or do we have no idea who they are meeting them on the first day of school.

Sorence
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:58 am

Can I apply for Kishin? I have no idea how i'll make it work but...XD I wanna be a Kishin. If anyone has any ideas how we can use a Kishin then go ahead. I just wanna be the bad guy, but not too keen on taking the role of the main one XD

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gintoki Sakata on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:11 pm

@Sorence- That depends on you if you want, you can discuss it with who is going to be your partner in the roleplay. If one of you wants to already know the other, and the other wants to meet them in the roleplay. Then you'll have to work that out on your own.

@Tabris- A good question, me an Aki are thinking of making a squadren of Kishin in the RP that are stronger then those that we've seen in the manga and anime. They could even Shinigami-sama if all of them took him on at once. Once we have about 4-5 Kishin they can enter the roleplay(Btw I've noticed that you've also entered a character for Aki's E.P.I.C. Ropleplay).

Gintoki Sakata
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Hmmm are you accepting weapons now? Cause I've got an idea for one....

Also I'm kinda unsure about the point of being a death scythe for Vex(Digital_Zombie's character). A typical demon weapon has to change a large portion of their body to utilize their weapon form due to their lack of power(as soul has had to change his entire arm if he wants to use a blade). While death scythes can freely unleash their weapon form from any point on their body.

If Vex can already do that doesn't he essentially already have one of the main abilities of a death scythe? Aside from free form change the only other bonus of being a death scythe is using the power of the witch's soul.

Just pointin out the excess of power for a normal demon weapon.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:01 am

Hey, do you think it is possible for two weapons to be partners. Just a thought I wanted to toss out there.

Sorence
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lexxy on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:22 am

@RedRaine: From what I've read on the Soul Eater Wiki, there isn't any mention of restrictions on weapon transformations on the body. It does mention however, that if a Weapon is paired with a Meister, they are stronger than if they had not been paired up at all. From what I gather, since Soul is only a single bladed scythe, it only makes sense for him to transform one of his arms. The fact that he changes his arms could be based on his personal preference, but the anime and manga don't go into this detail so it's purely a guess. Also, because of Spirit's Death Scythe status, he is able to summon multiple blades on his body instead of the one he has when in Weapon form, like in the show's first opening.
So in Vex's case, because he is already my partner and has been for a while(as noted in our character bios) he technically has more power than a typical Demon Weapon. He is also a double bladed scythe, so he can summon a maximum of two blades, which he stated in his bio as well. Where he decides to summon them on his body is based on his personal preference.

So based on all that, I don't think there is an excess power issue with the character. Here's the Wiki page if you want to take a look at it: http://souleater.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Weapons

@Sorence: A Weapon/Weapon partnership is possible in the Soul Eater universe, that same wiki page talks about it.

Lexxy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 am

This sounds great! I just submitted my meister character, if you think you already have enough meisters then I can make a weapon if its easier for you, I hope you approve my application!
Image[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][/img]

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:51 am

Cool, so Im looking for a weapon! So now all we have to do is wait for more weapons and we can start right?

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 am

XD So is it alright if I enter a Kishin? If the background sucks then just tell me how I can improve it. I was thinking about making him a student at the academy as well as a Kishin, however people didn't know he's a Kishin. Something like that.

And yes, that is me on E.P.I.C :D With Azi, one of my main OCs.

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:30 am

@Sneakyrio. I am willing to be your partner. Your choice wether or not you want me. My bio is available for reading.

Sorence
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:24 am

@Lexxy

Few arguments from me:

First off, there have been references and instances on restriction of power. Just go mosey down over to Soulā€™s wiki page as you should be familiar with it. Itā€™s stated that his partial transformation has been specifically from either his entire arm, or as the series progresses, from the elbow downwards. However once achieving Death Scythe status heā€™s been able to reveal multiple blades around his body, regardless of his ā€˜single bladed statusā€™. This coupled along with the evidence that Spirit, being the only other Death Scythe scythe around, also being of ā€˜single bladed statusā€™ but is able to do the same seems to show an obvious limitation of power, doesnā€™t it? If it were Soulā€™s preference than Iā€™m lead to questioning why he abandons it the moment he becomes a Death Scythe.

Secondly, yes, Vex would be stronger naturally but as the same wiki states, the weapon only really becomes truly deadly while resonating with a meister and unless youā€™re resonating constantly I still find the ability to sprout multiple blades without being a Death Scythe questionable.

And thirdly, your Scythe is not double bladed. Itā€™s a single blade with two prongs sticking out of it as shown that they still connect at the base. Perhaps itā€™s an error in the design but in anyoneā€™s eyes itā€™s equivalent to a two pronged fork. So if one were to go under the argument that Vex can sprout multiple blades without being a death scythe then youā€™d be literally splitting the blade in half during said partial transformation.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!