Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Melodia

Melodia

a part of “Melodia”, a fictional universe by MagicalNeko.

Normality. The natural balance in the rhythm of someone's life. The way Webster defines normality is wrong. Still... even in our world there's a difference between normal and abnormal....

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Melodia”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Melodia

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sat May 14, 2011 11:52 pm

...I'm telling you...

:m e l o d i a:

...can you hear my voice...?

In the dappled shade of the old oak tree, they stood together, admiring the world before them. The world was cold, and had been cruel to both of them, but by each other’s side they could take on anything; they were each other's strength and courage and faith. They were each other’s dreams and desires. They were each other’s love. The two were best friends, alone together in an empty world where all they had was one another. There was no such thing as Hope without Sacrifice. They were like one single entity — a stolen horse and a boy without a family. If it weren't for the fact that they were two different species, they might have been lovers, by state of mind. And why not? Sacrifice understood Hope in a way that no human ever had; and Hope treated Sacrifice in a way that no human ever could. My best friend, Hope would often tell himself as he watched the blue-eyed Paint graze; the only one I ever had.

And what a sad fact it was that the boy who had named himself Hope had never had any friends. He had always been different from other boys his own age, in a way that caused him to look down upon them. Hope was intelligent and mature. The other boys were loud and unkempt. He was never normal; not by society's standards. But what was normal? To him, normality was true the balance in one's life, the natural rhythm that beat inside of them. To Hope, normality varied from person to person because no two souls had the same rhythm. Some, like his own, didn't even have rhythms. They had melodies. They were special, more advanced people who had more trouble finding harmony within another because very few rhythms would ever match their songs. It was thinking like that which made him different. When he had to explain his theory on rhythmical compatibility to the many councilors and child psychologists that he was forced to see, they hesitated before calling him unique and articulate, and said that nothing would help him. But his parents weren't so sure. They worried about him; an only child, Hope was distanced and anti-social. He admitted to hating other human beings, and refused to speak to anyone his own age. When he did — he would report — he saw one of two things in their eyes. Either they became confused, or they laughed. And people weren't supposed to laugh unless someone had something funny to say.

So, intelligent, articulate, unique Hope — whose real name was Keegan Rain Chandler — was left without hope of respite from what others would call psychological damage. But he didn't care. In his own mind, there was no such thing as psychological damage; it was just that some peoples' souls beat out extremely complicated rhythms... and very rarely, some sung melodies. What exactly differentiated a person with a rhythm from one with a melody? Hope didn't know. He had never met someone with a melody before. Until he met Sacrifice, a tall, thick Paint gelding with glass eyes like a doll's. Alice Human Sacrifice he was registered as, and Hope was instantly in love as soon as he laid eyes on him. As a last-ditch effort to help their son, Christopher and Arielle Chandler enrolled their son in riding lessons over the summer of his fourteenth birthday, at the suggestion of a psychologist who said that horses could sometimes be therapeutic to mentally disabled children. This news Hope was not happy with, because of course he wasn't mentally disabled. No, he really wasn't. He just couldn't fall victim to the conditioning of the media. He couldn't allow himself to turn into a technology-addicted idiot who would eventually develop arthritis in his thumbs from texting too much. He wouldn't become slave to trends in fashion, and he wouldn't be a clone to every other boy he hung out with. So, he just didn't indulge in things that normal boys would. He didn't play sports or listen to loud music. He didn't wear baggy jeans or sweaters. He didn't carry an iPod or a cell phone. He didn't succumb to the appetites of the flesh — Hell, he didn't even like girls. Hope liked classical music, learning about new cultures and languages, poetry, and thick books. He liked the way his reading glasses looked, and how artistic sheet music looked without even having to be played. He liked intellectual conversation. He liked strong, older men. More than any other thing, though, Hope liked horses. Once he gave Sacrifice a try, the two were inseparable.

"In sync," he said. The last night of the first week, Hope came home for a weekend visit, grinning. His grey-green eyes were lit up, shining like stars, and he was smiling. Christopher and Arielle couldn't have been happier, even when Hope made the strange comment. "We galloped today, because I was moved into advanced riding classes. Sacrifice and I were in sync, which is strange because we both have melodies." Of course, Christopher and Arielle had no idea what he meant by this, but they passed it off. He was fourteen, and he had always been different. He had an imagination, they would tell each other for comfort. They could never admit to each other that he may actually be hearing these rhythms and melodies that he kept talking about. Of course not, because that would mean he was bordering on schizophrenia, and their son was definitely not schizophrenic. That was just taking it too far. Hope was just different. That was it. Different.

Truthfully, Hope was hearing these melodies and rhythms, and it wasn't because he was crazy, either. Hope was different, alright. He was gifted, even. There was something so special about him that no one could ever fathom; because it wasn't normal to the society that was made up of conditioned clones. Hope had the ability to hear the rhythms of the souls of living beings, and how they harmonized with each other. He noticed at a young age that those who interacted combined their rhythms, and if the two natural rhythms created a discordant noise, the two people didn't get along. Alternately, if two people worked well together, their noise would harmonize, creating something halfway bearable. But Hope could never put up with the sounds of other peoples' rhythms, harmonizing or not. He was too busy enjoying his own melody, which sounds rather conceited until one considers that it was the loudest sound in his ears until he learned to block it out. By then, he had full control over his ability, and he had realized that these sounds weren't only the sounds of a soul, but those of life within a being. He realized it when he was at the scene of the birth of a foal, whose rhythm died out with his life less than an hour after he was born. He also noticed by this that the rhythm of mother and child always harmonized flawlessly, which meant that there was two different possibilities of perfect harmony in a child's life — his mother and his soul mate.

It was that realization that finally broke him down into doing what he knew he had to — that he could tell which relationships were harmonic and which were discordant. He could predict when a couple wouldn't work out and when they would. He could tell a mother the state of her child's life before it was born. He could tell when people were coming up noiselessly behind him. All these, and people began to become suspicious of what Hope really was. Finally traumatized by her son's gift, Arielle snuck down into the basement one night after dinner and hung herself. From the living room, watching the horse jumping from Spruce Meadows, Hope told his father that he just heard his mother's rhythm go out. She was found hanging later that night. Christopher was filled with mixed emotions — the love for his son, the love for his wife, the disgust toward his son's gift.... Confused and broken, he lit the house one fire and trapped himself in the basement, attempting to lock Hope in his room to dispose of him as well. But Hope managed to crawl out his window and make it down to ground level with nothing more than a sprained ankle. Now alone, Hope had no idea what to do or where to go, so he decided to make his way back to the ranch where he had been taking lessons for two years now. He ran to Sacrifice, who was all too happy to see him. Hope was always in harmony when he was with Sacrifice, because the gelding had a soft, sweet melody very similar to Hope's. It was as if they were made for each other. The two fit together like two pieces of the same puzzle; and Hope couldn't stand to leave his only friend behind when he ran to avoid the humanity that he despised so greatly.

That was what brought them to the old oak tree… in a place where he and Sacrifice could be together forever. Somewhere where ‘normal’ human society would no longer judge him for the way he was…. Somewhere beyond life and into perfection…. He couldn’t stand the thought that he might be an abnormality in their eyes, and that it was his deviation had driven both his parents into their deaths. Maybe… when he arrived… they would accept him again.
Last edited by MagicalNeko on Sun May 15, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

Neko's Words of Wisdom
"The stalker who stalks people will subsequently be stalked by other stalkers."
"The castle moves sideways and can go through any piece, and the king is invisible when played on Mondays, and the queen likes teeeeeaaaa!" — Lurelle as Tanaka (Black Butler)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Melodia

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolrSurfr3 on Sun May 15, 2011 8:12 am

So, what's the difference between Rhythms and Melodies?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SolrSurfr3
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Sun May 15, 2011 1:33 pm

I want to join this! But, before I do, I have a question. What, exactly, is the plot?

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kapento on Sun May 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I'll join this!
I sent in my character profile, I hope it's ok! If there’s anything needing changed let me know, maybe about the melody thing. I might have got it a little confused, if any.

But, like SolrSurf3 and Spectrm, I have the same questions. Is there an exact plot? And what's the difference? I'm just a lil'confused. :3

Kapento
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sun May 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Alright. First of all, and most importantly, the difference between Melodies and Rhythms is that Melodies have the ability to hear the sounds of other living beings' souls. People who are deaf to the sounds have Rhythms, and people who can hear have Melodies. I'm only accepting two more Melodies, so if you've sumbitted one, you might be in for a bit of a wait — I'm planning to wait to see the others that are submitted so I can compare before I decide.

Second.... No. There's really no specific plot in mind at the moment. But if anyone has any ideas, we will discuss it before we begin.

Also, I'm about to update the first post to include something that I wrote a long time ago that was the first basis for this RPG. It should clear up any misconceptions. And if not.... Ask questions. The more questions the better. Seriously, if you think you're being annoying by asking too many, just remember that I appreciate someone who asks too much more than someone who asks none at all. At least if you're asking questions I know that, not only are you interested, but you want to do it right. And I don't have to message you when you do something wrong, because you most likely aren't doing something wrong. Just saying.

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Sun May 15, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm very interested! This is a totally original RP concept to me, and I'm honestly very eager to give it a try. I submitted a character profile a while ago, and I would like to know if I've either made mistakes (like an inconsistency or grammatical error) or if the character isn't suitable for the purpose you're looking for. I would appreciate a PM letting me know about those things, and also whether or not if the RP is full. I appreciate your help on this matter. :D

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowCorridor on Sun May 15, 2011 9:01 pm

I love this RP idea, and I have to agree that it is very original. I really want to be apart of this and I've entered a character as a melody. However, if he isn't accepted, can I still be apart of this my making him a rhythm? I'll have to make some minor changes to his profile, but I think I'll keep him as a musician.

Other than that I do have a few questions. For example, are the characters eventually going meet? And then the plot be them surviving together? Something like a 'friends vs the world' type deal?

RainbowCorridor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuckOnMyJuiceBox on Sun May 15, 2011 10:03 pm

iamsototallygoingtojointhisyoufreakinggenuis.

I'm going to opt for being a Rhythm, though. I should have him up tomorrow, but right now I have to do my homework. It's heartbreaking. Spending a wonderful Sunday night writing about the Vietnam War when I could be stuffing my face with food. It's so cold on my kitchen floor, too. I don't even know why I'm on my kitchen floor. The basement floor is much more spacey.
Someone doesnt like you? Fuck it. Having a bad day? Fuck it. Didn’t get that job, or that grade? Fuck it. Fighting with your lover? Fuck it. Feel fat today? Fuck it. Losing control of everything and everyone? Fuck it. What matters now won’t matter soon; the truly important thing is that you are alive, and that you have the capacity to do absolutely anything with this beautiful, crazy coincidence of being on this earth. Just stick your middle fingers in the air and think,‘Damn, I have it good.’
-Gerard Way

SuckOnMyJuiceBox
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sun May 15, 2011 10:24 pm

@Rainbow: Yeah, if I don't end up accepting him as a Melody, you're definitely more than welcome to change him to a Rhythm so you can still participate. Luke looks like the best kind of yummy, and he sounds like a freakin' sweetheart. I can tell you right now that there's no way I'm rejecting him, even if I don't accept him as a Melody.

@Makina: Same for you. I freakin' love Kaida.

@MeinBoxOfSexJuice: Mmm.... Kitchen floor. I'm thinking terrible and dirty thoughts, and they include raiding your fridge because I'm damn hungry.... Even though I eat once a day, beginning when I wake and ending when I finally fall asleep. :D I want to make you some pasta because it's the sexiest food alive. Even if it's not alive, it's pasta and it speaks for itself. Anyphooseballdowninphooseballville, you know I'd accept you without even having to read your profile, because you're amazing and I love you. And your amazing. And I love you. But that doesn't mean that you don't have to create me sex on a stick. Because you do. Actually, you probably could without even trying, so go testies, Love.

@All: Which reminds me. It's in the rules. Before we begin, we're all going to decide who knows who and such, and everyone needs to have at least one friend, because I hate seeing those unfortunate friendless characters that can't get into the story because everyone else is too busy being sexy to notice the one person. I don't want anyone to drop out because they feel discluded. So yeah.

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowCorridor on Sun May 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Thank you so much! I pulled him from the top of my head, but then spent about three hours working on him, so I'm really glad you like him.

I really like that rule, cause that happens to me all the time. Sweethearts just don't get noticed I guess :1
But I'm really excited about starting, and I don't mind the wait.

RainbowCorridor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sun May 15, 2011 11:00 pm

@Rainbow: Really? Awwww~! I'm working on another character now, so I'll tell you what. Luke can be either his or Ksenia's friend, if you'd like. Magnus would be the better choice if you want Luke to remain with Rhythms to keep Luke in the dark about other Melodies.

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Sun May 15, 2011 11:11 pm

I don't know anyone around here, so I suppose it's up to others to decide if they want to be friends with a bitch.

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowCorridor on Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Okay! I had planned on him being friends with a rhythm just for that, so it works!

RainbowCorridor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Sun May 15, 2011 11:26 pm

@Rainbow: Well, Magnus' profile is literally almost finished. I just have to upload his picture, finish his Bio, and I think that'll do it.

@Makina: I know that there's someone who'd love to be Kaida's friend. Everyone that I've invited are very... out-going to say the least. One of them is bound to jump on how awesome Kaida is.

Which reminds me. If anyone wants to invite anyone that they know, go ahead. The more the merrier!

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kapento on Mon May 16, 2011 11:26 am

I sent in my character profile yesterday, but if he doesn't make it as a melody can I still join this by making him a rhythm? I was a little confused at first, but not now, so I don't mind if he's a melody or rhythm. :3

Kapento
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Mon May 16, 2011 12:06 pm

-crazy karate moves and jumping around like Mokona from xxxHolic-

Since I've written that, I've decided to create ANOTHER alter ego for myself. One side of Von, smexy, boobalicious Faye-Faye... The other side; bouncy, fluffy, tall-eared, egg-shaped rabbit thing. o_o I am enigma.

NEKO-SAMA!!! THIS IDEA IS TOTALLY CONFUSING! And yet I cannot help but aboslutely ADORE IT! The parts I do get (which is most of it, no worries), I think are wicked awesome and I LOVE YOU!

Seeing as I plan on making another RP for myself (>_> Which is probably a really bad idea) I must say I cannot join. I can barely keep track of what I'm doing now. -le sigh- I am a lost cause. I WILL, however, keep track of this one, and if you lose someone and want me to fill that spot up... if I'm free,I will so be there. :D

<3 You rule. <3

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LozerFanAnah on Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Viena is done! Viena is done! Oh thank god I was going to kill meself soon if he hadn't finished sooner.

Now I just have to torture myself with Monika and pray to God he's easier to make. Which he will be because he's so self-sacrificial that it almost makes me cry. HE'S SO SWEET! -huggles Monika- He's not done yet but I can already feel his presence in my home.

GRAWR.

The sound of Simba failing at roaring in 'The Lion King'. It was cute though. MUFASA. I'm going to name my first hamster Mufasa. A powerful name for a weak creature.
~Sunshine In Your Soul Makes Me Creep Outside Your Window~

Marshmallow People
AnahCakes = Grey Marshmallow
Magiko = Pink Marshmallow
YoniBoni = Triangle Man
JuiceyBox = Flying Otter
Bad RPer = Triangle Lady

~We arrived first, then comes the drinking celebration session, i was full with alcohol even i can't carry my head so i just slept my way on the floor.~
(It's In There Somewhere Third Line.)

LozerFanAnah
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowCorridor on Mon May 16, 2011 3:18 pm

I like Viena. He's cute and his dislikes made me laugh. Double strollers and dog strollers haha!!

RainbowCorridor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Mon May 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Shugga' shugga' toot toot. I wanna' hop on the... Neko-train?

Erm, yes. Anyways, I wanna' reserve a Melody spot, or Rhythm, or whichever you wanna put me. I'll have to bang some creativity out of my head. Seriously, I need some good music. I think I'll listen to some Vocaloid~Ouuu, Len. Ouuu Kaito.

-flies in beside Lovely Von Von-bunny bear like Lui Kang from Mortal Kombat, bicycle-kicking all the way-
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalNeko on Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 pm

@Min Kake: Mmm. Viena. Fuck. Yes. That is all.

@HoneyBuns: You can create whatever your pretty little heart desires. And I'll accept it. I'm listening to For A Dead Girl - Megurine Luka; so thank you. I have seventy-six songs in my VOCALOID folder... any Magical Neko LenLen is not one of them. Augh. Not downloading my own theme music.... Shame on me. Mmmmm... Neko. Train. Train Heartnett. Black Cat. Ahhhhh~! Sexy.

@Lovely: Awwww.... Well, whenever you're finished your RPG, send me the link and I'll join it, because I know it'll be amazing.

@Kapento: Yeah, that's no problem. I actually haven't really gotten a chance to look at your application yet, so if there are any problems, I'll send you a message.

@All: ATTENTION. This is an important announcement! Hobo. That is all.

MagicalNeko
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!