Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sanctuaire Estrange

Sanctuaire Éstrange

a part of “Sanctuaire Estrange”, a fictional universe by >Marionette<.

Enter the good, the bad, and the strange. This is their Sanctuary.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Sanctuaire Estrange”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Sanctuaire Éstrange

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Sun May 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Welcome to a Sanctuary

Technology and fairytales, two separate worlds, universes even. The two don’t coexist, one is not told in a story with the presence of another. Humans use technology and fairytales use whatever magical things they can use, and that’s how it stays in storybooks, but what about the poor fairytales? What about the poor fairies for that matter, they’d LOVE to have an ipod and I’m sure werewolves would love to use Cox cable, and ghosts would enjoy being able to serf the Internet. Vampire girls would love a chance to go out for the cheer squad and so on.

Well in a small town in Canada called Sanctuaire Éstrange, they do just that, young myths, fairytales and ghouls get to grow up and use all that cool human stuff. The town looks normal and even ordinary on the outside, but it's one big mythical sanctuary on the inside! They just have to make sure they keep their secret from those nosey humans.

NOT GOING THE DIRECTION YOU ARE THINKING, THIS RP WILL INVOLVE WAR AND CHAOS SOON INTO THE STORY.

Last edited by >Marionette< on Tue May 17, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Sanctuaire Éstrange

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Mon May 16, 2011 12:42 am

Things to do:

Finish race alliance list

finishe characters, since I am playing the bad guy, and a wizard stuck as a cat.....*sigh*

I am so tired, time to sleep.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BadgerGob on Mon May 16, 2011 2:17 am

Hmmm... This looks somewhat interesting. Can I reserve Music/English (poetry) teacher? I'll get working on it as soon as I see the races. :P
Sanity, schmanity! I've got style...

BadgerGob
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Mon May 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Hey so you said you'd explain the underworld and overworld more in the OOC im really interested to find out what the two of those mean and what the difference is :]
Also id love to play a student if thats okay. Are we all limited to play one character each because i might play twins if thats okay. (boy/girl twins) If not then i'll just play a female student. Not sure what race yet until you throw that up but i'll start looking for humanoid images in the mean while.

Yay to literate RP's!!

Meesha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Mon May 16, 2011 2:29 pm

overworld and underworld explained, still need to do races, which I am working on as we speak.

have as many characters as you can handle!

and reserve away!

horrah for literacy yes :D

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Mon May 16, 2011 3:27 pm

put a lot of races up, I'll look for more later. But a lot are up now, if you think of any just let me know, or if you have any questions about any of them ask.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Mon May 16, 2011 9:09 pm

wizard and abby done, now I need to do the bag guy

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BadgerGob on Tue May 17, 2011 6:05 am

I've finished my character, I hope he's to your liking. If not I'm happy to tweek the sheet. I sadly couldn't find any anime pictures that came close enough to fitting what I envisioned so I hope you don't mind that his picture's just a regular drawing.

BadgerGob
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 am

I submitted my character hope you like it :3...i havent done the twins idea though -_-

Meesha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 pm

I love both of your characters! Each well done, I even forgive the non-anime look for Mr Ollimen, I think it suits him swimmingly! Although Meesha, none of your pictures are showing up? I think I might have to play Duke myself with this one....hm, do any of you two have people who might be interested in joining?

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Tue May 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Really..they're showing up for me..? Oh well i put up links at the bottom of the profile for you to see :]!! And i'll have a little look round for people who might be interested ;D

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Tue May 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Interesting. OK I'll submit a character....what race to choose....we have one each of underworld and overworld alreay....hmm.

And Badgergob, your characters pic....my god! No I mean literally...Matthew Bellamy is MY GOD! ^_^

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Tue May 17, 2011 3:17 pm

¬¬ You're such a loser sometimes...

;]

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Tue May 17, 2011 3:38 pm

OK question...would it be more useful if I played Duke, or a creature? I don't really wanna do both coz I'm a little spread thin as it is. '^^

Oh and Meesha...

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Tue May 17, 2011 3:55 pm

Im turning a blind eye to your horrendous flaws in order to save our friendship!!!!!!!!!!

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Tue May 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Mari, i made a character. RP sounds interesting!! :D
uhhh, hope you like him, lemme know if theres anything i messed

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Tue May 17, 2011 6:33 pm

DUKE, definitly need Duke! :)

and accepted Timmy, except for the fact that you misunderstood the neutral thing a bit. The neutral beings are a result of mixtures between overworld and underworld. Earth as we know it is the overworld, with a darker demension as the underworld. Neutral has no physical 'realm', the are simply those who can travel back and forth with ease :D, love your character though! He's really well done!

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Tue May 17, 2011 10:50 pm

oh, okay thanks Marionette! I'll edit that part out right now!

yeah, you said somewhere in the intro or something that you wanted our creatures to be based off of actual mythology, and my charry is based off of a Demon depicted in several religions, other than being able to look human. lol i cant remember where you had that written, but im sure it said thaT SOMEWHERE

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Tue May 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Oh it did, and my preference stays certainly. I did enjoy how you used something fro the hebrew texts as well, since the hebrew texts tend to be far more interesting than the biblical ones. For instance, in the Hebrew texts somewhere there is a woman who came before Eve, named Lilith DUN DUN DUN, and she was actually the first female.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BadgerGob on Wed May 18, 2011 12:44 am

shmband wrote:And Badgergob, your characters pic....my god! No I mean literally...Matthew Bellamy is MY GOD! ^_^

Ah, I see you've caught me out as a fellow worshiper of the sexiness that is Muse... I figured that if I was going to do the transgender bit and make a male former god of poetry it might as well be Matt Bellamy (He pretty much is one). As for that photo: Yes. Yes he can. :P

Hey Tim! Fancy seeing you here, lol.

Mari, I'm so glad you like my character! And that you're forgiving me for the image thing...

BadgerGob
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!