Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Legend of Zelda: The War for Hyrule

a part of “The Legend of Zelda: The War for Hyrule”, a fictional universe by Electrolite.

Ten years after Ganon was sealed in the Sacred Realm by Link and Zelda, a new dark force has risen in the South. Can the races of the light unite to save themselves when the Hero of Hyrule remains absent?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Legend of Zelda: The War for Hyrule”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Legend of Zelda: The War for Hyrule

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Electrolite on Fri May 20, 2011 12:17 pm

This is the OOC! I'm going to be uploading all of the deets and data in a separate "Lore" thread, but feel free to ask any questions, raise any issues or make any suggestions regarding the roleplay or the universe in which it takes place! People who just want to express interest or diss me are also free to use this thread as they please. It is OOC, and nothing is sacred.
Last edited by Electrolite on Fri May 20, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Electrolite
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Legend of Zelda: The War for Hyrule

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Fri May 20, 2011 12:22 pm

This seems interesting. What time line does this happen in game wise?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Electrolite on Fri May 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Uh, none! Haha.

Well, not really. Basically, I don't know all of the ins and outs of what the established official canon of the games is and what the Internet has decided is right and wrong, so for simplicity's sake I'm saying that this roleplay takes place in a whole other timeline/alternate dimension. The events that occurred with Link, Zelda and Ganon ten years ago don't belong to any particular game in the series (you can read the details of the War of the Triforce from the background of the roleplay as they are known to the common man here for now) and the events of the roleplay aren't meant to act as a prequel to any specific game or timeline event, either. The incarnations of Link, Zelda and Ganon in this universe aren't the same ones that have appeared in any other game.

I'm going to start uploading the rest of the information that I've put in the Interest Check thread to the tab shortly, but if you have any other questions ask away!

Electrolite
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X64 on Fri May 20, 2011 12:41 pm

I REEEAAAAALLLY wanna join this RP, but I'm already in a bunch of other ones....is it possible that I could make a character, then join in later?

LIGHTBULB.

GM, please pm me (or I can pm you?). I haz plot idea, if you're interested. It has to do with the question stated above.

X64
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Electrolite on Fri May 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Feel free to submit a character! I'm not sure when I'm going to actually be starting the roleplay properly anyway. And yeah, PM away!

Electrolite
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monochrome on Fri May 20, 2011 3:03 pm

What character sheet? SHould we just fill in the sections in the given Character sheet? ((I really wanna join but I don't wanna mess up my sheet by accident ;D))

Monochrome
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Electrolite on Fri May 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Oh man, good point, I should upload a character sheet. I will do that momentarily!

Electrolite
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Fri May 20, 2011 3:39 pm

The answer to my question makes sense. Here's my next one: are Sheikah allowed?

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Electrolite on Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 pm

That's a good question. I'd considered making them a prominent race like the Gorons and Gerudo, but decided against it in the end. However, that fact that in most games they are described as being a mysterious people who live in hiding... leads me to say that I'm okay with the idea of a single character of their tribe being present. The main issue, I think, is how much they are connected to the Princess, as in OoT at the least they're described as being loyal servants of the Hylian royal family.

If you want to make a Sheikah character, why don't you PM me with your ideas and we can discuss the secretive Sheikah nation away from prying eyes? :P

Oh, and I'm about the put up my character sheet for Princess Zelda, so if people want a template to follow in writing their own characters, use that one. Basically as long as you include the important basic info and an outline of their abilities, it should be fine.

Electrolite
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Electrolite on Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 pm

I was iffy about approving a character before I even finished writing Zelda's profile, but I was pleasantly surprised by Vio-Lance's submission, so he has the questionable honour of being the first approved character! Apart from mine, but she doesn't count. :P

One thing I will add: I'd appreciate it if in future people included a mention of their character's hometown in their profile (with a description if it's a place you've come up with personally!)

Speaking of which, I should put the map up on the tab. How exciting for everyone!

EDIT because I should stop posting over and over: Lore thread has been added, I'll be building it up gradually as things progress. Please keep your comments and questions to this thread, so I can keep that one comparatively uncluttered. :P Also if you're desperate for info, maybe check out the Interest Check thread here. There's a lot of information there that might take me a while to transfer over, especially for anyone maybe planning to roleplay a Rito!

Electrolite
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby celtic.archer132 on Fri May 20, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey, question for GM, is there an age limit? and question for everyone, how do you put pictures one to your character profile, because I can't seem to do it. I can make links to pictures, but thats about it, I can't get the actual picture there.

celtic.archer132
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Watcher on Sat May 21, 2011 5:34 am

celtic.archer132 wrote:Hey, question for GM, is there an age limit? and question for everyone, how do you put pictures one to your character profile, because I can't seem to do it. I can make links to pictures, but thats about it, I can't get the actual picture there.

The [img] button is what you need to use. Also, hi everyone! Electrolite, nice RP, considering the source material's lack of huge emotional scenes... well, except the end of TP....

*sniff* Anyway, could I join?

Watcher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat May 21, 2011 7:13 am

Ah, thank you very much for approving my character(s). I'm quite happy that you did so, and proud that you speak of being "Pleasantly surprised" when refering to them. I humbly thank you.

Although, it is my sad duty to say today is my graduation day... so I shant be around for some while! On top of that, I travel to Myrtle Beach right after graduation, so I probably won't be online untill tommorow, at earliest... it really even depends on if the Sea Watch has good WiFi or not. Either or, I'm sure I can find an internet cafe SOMEWHERE.

If you need to decline my character, I understand, but I do hope that patience can be spared on my account.

Thank you kindly,
Vio-Lance
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whatsername_x on Sat May 21, 2011 8:20 am

Just a question before I get to work on my application - do the characters have to be even slightly skilled with the sword/bow/whatever before we start the roleplay, or can we have characters who are proficient with other things such as bombs/bomb-making, etc. who are added to the team and pick up sword skills and such along the way?
{ can i be the only hope for you? because you're the only hope for me }

laurenn && larii
my h e a r t is like a b o m b ♥

whatsername_x
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Electrolite on Sat May 21, 2011 9:53 am

@celtic archer: No age limit on joiners, and as far as characters go... well, I'm easy, but consider how other characters will respond! If they're leaving on an adventure to hunt down a killer, infiltrate enemy territory or slay an ancient beast, they probably won't agree to let a 12 year-old kid with a slingshot tag along with them. Regardless of the fact that Link himself was only 14 or so when he first slew Ganondorf... And there's an option at the top of the profile submission page to attach a photo from your computer's memory, but it has to be 100x100 pixels or less. Just save the photo you want to your computer, shrink it with MS Paint or something and upload it! Don't worry about the picture too much if you can't, though. :P

@watcher: Join away! I'll message you in a bit regarding your idea about a third army. :P

@Vio-Lance: Don't worry too much, I've got two essays due for Monday, so I doubt I'll be doing much more than approving characters and discussing plot until then! I'm sure there'll still be an opening for you when you do manage to regain internet access.

@whatsername: Not all characters need to be experienced warriors! Far from it, in fact, I encourage people to make civilian characters. Just focus on giving them at least one thing that'll tie them into a potential plot!

Speaking of which, I might make a new OOC thread for potential storylines, so look out for that! That one'll be open to comments, and anyone with suggestions for storylines or questions about those I've already provided should post them there.

Electrolite
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildChildFullofGrace on Sat May 21, 2011 11:15 am

I am crying tears of joy. I adore all the zelda games and I'm always looking for good roleplays but they never seem to have much thought dedicated to them. THIS. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. :'I

I'm planning on making a Gerudo character. In the interest check that I just ransacked for information, you mention that those living around the Desert Colossus would be spiritual and such, while those from Canyon Town to the west of the desert would be good ol' thieves and bandits. My character will be leaning more towards the later BUUUUT in the map, there is no mention of Canyon Town. You do, however, include Gerudo Chasm Town. Would this be where my conniving, cold-hearted lady be from or would I say she's from Canyon Town?

I'm not sure if any of that made sense so tell me if you need more clarification. Hahaha.
ImageImage

WildChildFullofGrace
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildChildFullofGrace on Sat May 21, 2011 11:29 am

ALSO, would it be acceptable if my character, though originally raised a Gerudo warrior, ended up traveling away from the desert to live in Castle Town earlier in her life for whatever reason (I haven't decided if this will be because she grew sick of her people/family and rebelled, she is only interested in profits and moved for economic gain, or if she left to do something crazy like get married) and now is ambiguously neutral in her alignment. I'd plan on her eventually deciding to fight for Hyrule, but I like the idea of others not really knowing where she stands and if she's trust worthy. Either way, she'll have discarded the typical Gerudo spirituality and traditions.

Or is that simply stretching it too far? I'd understand if you decided either way.

WildChildFullofGrace
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Electrolite on Sat May 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Ahahaha, sorry for the confusion. Gerudo Chasm Town and Canyon Town are one and the same. I think I'll stick with Chasm Town in future, it sounds cooler. Either way it's the same deal, a settlement built on the inside walls of a big canyon because the Gerudo are crazy like that.

Gerudo people living in the Northern lands is a very okay thing! The only thing you'd have to decide is whether she stayed up here after the War of the Triforce, defected during the current war or just moved northwards during one of the periods of peacetime because she liked it. Also one thing worth noting is that the Gerudo tribe were allied with Ganondorf when he conquered Hyrule ten years ago, and they're allied with His Steward now as he tries to retake the lands. Thus, as a Gerudo living in the Northern Realms, your character would likely be the target of significant animosity and mistrust, especially among those who've suffered as a result of either war.

Perhaps you could think of something symbolic your character does with her appearance to let the average onlooker know that she's renounced her allegiance to the Gerudo tribe, and by extension Ganon and His Steward? Like cutting her hair short or something, as Gerudo always have those big ol' ponytails. I'll leave it up to you!

Also I should point out that one of the possible storylines I've put on the Mission List thread involves the defection of a current Gerudo priestess to the side of the Sacred Alliance, and her pursuit across the desert by those who want to stop her! We'll need someone to play the defector or one of the Gerudo warriors pursuing her, I'll be roleplaying the Gerudo High Priestess, and there may be another special secret guest joining the roleplay later on.

Actually, that reminds me. I had the idea that, once we've decided on a storyline or two to start out with, I could put up lists of Minor Characters in each story who need someone to play them. These characters would probably only feature in one storyline, so I wouldn't require you to write out a character sheet for them, and anyone would be welcome to take on the role. Examples would be the mysterious killer in the Tangled Web storyline and the defector and Gerudo pursuers I mentioned before.

This has been another over-long post from me! I hope you enjoyed it.

Electrolite
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Sat May 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Submitted, tried my best on the profile, they have always been my weak point when it comes to RPing

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Electrolite on Sat May 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Well, it's certainly efficient! The illustration is quite good, too. Maybe if you're concerned with secrecy you could send me a PM with some more details regarding the character's abilities, personality, equipment and history?

Electrolite
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!