Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Beginning Anew II

Beginning Anew II

a part of “Beginning Anew II”, a fictional universe by th4everlove.

The human race has disappeared from Earth after a nuclear war. Only animals have survied after being shielded by Mother Nature's power. How will the animals live their new lives? [Reformers needed!]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Beginning Anew II”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Beginning Anew II

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby th4everlove on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:45 pm

The Beginning:
Disaster struck in the year 2050. Every great country in the world each released weapons of mass destruction, thus creating a nuclear war. But the war ended as soon as it had begun without the humans realizing what they had done. Their precious Earth was ripped open, blistered and bleeding from destruction the humans had brought to it. People died, land collapsed into the ocean, and water crashed upon the lands still standing while the Earth howled and roared in agony. The world was in utter chaos.

Mother Nature, desperate to save the innocents of this catastrophe, used all her strength to shield the animals from being swept off the furious Earth. Soon after, she vanished, the animals left to survive on their own.
With the Shaking (the name selected for the disaster) over a new problem erupted. A 5 year plague fell upon the animals, killing the weak minded and mutating the strong willed. As a result of the mutation, some of the animals developed mysterious powers.

With these powers, the animals knew they could rebuild their Earth, but how to do so was the question. They all had different answers. Some wanted use their newly acquired power to go out and find Mother Nature, believing that she should be returned to her rightful place as the Queen of all living things; The Wanderers. Others wanted to use them to make to start a new and better life; The Starters. But some animals deemed that they did not, in fact, need Mother Nature, assuming that they could use their powers to learn and build an empire where all animals would live and work together peacefully; The Reformers. At that point in time, it looked like the world was on its way to a recovery, no matter how shaky that recovery was.

Unfortunately, when 2100 rolled around, chaos returned to Earth. The Reformers hatched a brilliant idea to start building bizarre creations, concoct poisons, and construct weapons of complete annihilation. Their plan, to rebuild the wounded Earth into something better, more powerful than any human could have ever made it. With their quick wit, and seemingly more intelligent words, they persuaded their less clever brothers into using their powers against others for the ‘sake of technology’. Out of all the Reformers, the Apes were the most cunning. Because of this, the Apes believed themselves to be royalty among the other animals, but the Wanderers and Starters are against this. With the beginning of a hierarchy, it is destroying all of the hard work they have put in to make the Earth a place of equality. History is bound to repeat itself. Will it end in the destruction of the world, or will Mother Nature reveal herself and finally bring peace to this troubled planet?
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

th4everlove
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Beginning Anew II

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moleruler on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:03 pm

I really want to join but the character skeleton is confusing

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

moleruler
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby th4everlove on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:14 pm

What is confusing to you? :) I'll be happy to help you.

th4everlove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:43 pm

I'd like to reserve my character from the original one, Comet, as a guard please!
ImageImageImageImage

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Kind of confused too, because I don't know how to make the colors, sizes, etc.

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cayleen on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:15 pm

Okay, I think I might be able to help ya out a bit, Dawn.

So for the Char Skelly all ya really havta change is the things in parentheses

Example: where it says '
Code: Select all
[color= (#40BF00 if Wanderer, #8000BF if Starter, #FF0000 if Reformer)]'
if you want to be a wanderer simply put [color=#40BF00]

As for the size? where it says '
[size=100] (Male or Female) [/size]
' Just put:
[size=100]Female[/size]
or if you want to be a guy put
[size=100]Male[/size]

I dunno if that cleared anything up... But I hope it at least helped a lil!

Cayleen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby th4everlove on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:37 pm

I'll reserve that for you, Dawn. ^.^

Thanks Cayleen! Also you dont have to type in the whole thing. On the character skelly it says "Code: Select all" all you have to do is click select all, copy and past it into the character tab, then fill in the parentheses like Cayleen said. Also make sure that when you choose a color dont put any spaces in it. I made a mistake for that ^^'' I'll go and fix that up real quick but it should look like this:
Wanderers: [color=#40BF00]
Starters: [color=#8000BF]
Reformers: [color=#FF0000]

Sorry if I made it a little too confusing :/ I was trying to make the RP look a bit more organized ^^

th4everlove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:33 am

This looks really interesting. I may get a character together tomorrow. I have a few ideas.

I have a question in regards to the powers. You have three groups listed: Elemental, Infliction and Enhancement. Do we pick one power from each group or just one from all the groups?

Also, does the animal we select walk and move like the animal it is or do they walk upright?

Thanks. Looking forward to being a part of this. You took a great deal of time on this and it looks very interesting.
Cop - "Sir, have you been drinking tonight?"

Driver - "Do you see a fat chick in the car?"

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cayleen on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:26 am

I probably wont be able to post for a while... I'm leaving for a big vacation today and wont be returning until July 26th. So until then I'll see what kind of posts I can get using my phone.

Sry about this :/

Cayleen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby th4everlove on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:28 pm

@Manic Monkey: You can only chose one of the powers listed. The "elemental, infliction, enhancment" they are just catagories :) So if you only wanted a elemental power you would chose a elemental. ^^ Also about the animals walking upright, only the apes and monkeys walk upright (cause they want to become beyond humans) and they are the only ones with a body to be able to stand upright. Good question though, I never thought about that...

@Cayleen: Its ok ^.^ we will work something out for you :)

th4everlove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby th4everlove on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:38 pm

If anyone wants to reserve a character, please pm me or say so on OOC. Also we are still short on bigger roles. If any of you would be interested, please don't hesitate to reserve or make a character sheet.

Roles needed:
Starter; President
Starter; Council memebers
Reformer; King
Reformer; Advisor

Thank you guys so much and I hope you will consider these characters :)

th4everlove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks for the info, Th4everlove. I do have one final question. I'm interested in playing a Starter ferret who is a spy/assassin. If my ferret can't walk upright or carry a weapon how exactly can he be an effective assassin?

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby th4everlove on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Hm.... Well your ferret might not be able to carry a weapon, but it could have a power that could help it out, maybe Electricity? ;) If he/she charges up enough it could be leathal. There are lots of other powers that could help him/her.

Poison: Bite them and inject poison (the poison would have to be injected into the ferret.)
Electricity: Shock them.
Shadow: Use floating melee weapons to cut their throats.
Water: Drown them in a floating bubble.

Use your imagination ;)

Also your ferret doesnt have to attack/kill anyone. He/she can just simply spy. Speed, Shadow, Vision, theres lots of ways to do that!
Hope this helps :)

th4everlove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Just sent in Comet! I'd like to reserve a spy/assassin too, please!

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvenAngelsCry on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Nooooooooooooooo. Nikki and Reggie are so outnumbered. XD Reggie is a turtle. A TURTLE. He cant defend himself!! We need more Starters! Come on guys....we has cookies? o.o
Mow. :3

EvenAngelsCry
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Cookies? I suppose I will have to join then! I think this faction is in need of a president anyway.

Krypt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvenAngelsCry on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi William! :DD Im not sure if you remember me (especially since I sort of dropped off the face of the earth 6 months ago o.o) but hi anyways. XD Id welcome you as president!

EvenAngelsCry
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby th4everlove on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:51 pm

@ dawnfire07: If you could re-read the rules real quick I did ask you to do a small thing in your character sheet before I can except it. Hint: its the last rule. If you can add that little thing in then you'll see Comet with the other characters as fast as lightning! :D Oh and what clan do you want your spy to be in?

@William Krypt: Ok so you're resering the President, correct? yay! Welcome aboard the goverment express xD

Angel is right! We need more Starters, but dont forget the Reformers. The Starters may have cookies....however the Reformers have muffins @.@ lol xD
Last edited by th4everlove on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

th4everlove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:01 pm

The author of Lino? Possibly the most epic character in Ghosts of the Grasslands? How could I forget?

I tried to put a spin on the president, how does an immigrant success story sound?

Krypt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby th4everlove on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Sounds very interesting brother William ^.^ Just remember that the President needs to become a resident of one of the seven Tansanko towns in order to be elected. :)

th4everlove
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!