Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Pirate's Play: To El Dorado!

OOC || Pirate's Play: To El Dorado!

a part of “Pirate's Play: To El Dorado!”, a fictional universe by Averagebear.

(FULL) The King's daughter has been abducted by a notorious pirate crew. How will the world react?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pirate's Play: To El Dorado!”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

OOC || Pirate's Play: To El Dorado!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:52 pm

This is a remake of the original roleplay!
"TAB"
To El Dorado!

Pirates. They roam the sea, starving for profit and adventure. 1718 marks the date that The King of England's daughter has been seized by these bloody creatures and brought upon a ship. Only one crew of savages could ever think of doing such a thing: the fresh off the block, unspeakably clever Ratgrins! The question is: Why?

Only the Captain, first mate, and scholar know the real reason behind the abduction. For, this is not a tale as simple as petty kidnapping. Captain has far bigger plans. In fact, his plans are enormous. Captain started the Ratgrins with this sole reason in mind, not but five years ago. Since, he and his clever scholar have feverishly been deciphering the many cryptic clues necessary for this adventure. They will be traveling to the lost city of El Dorado. In order for their mission to be possible, however, they must have royal blood aboard their ship, as it's the only way to pass the golden gates. Their journey will not be easy, for unheard of forces are at work here in this magical city, heavily guarded and not at all easy to locate. Still, the mad men continue in their near-possible mission. They continue with both mythological and mortal obstacles in their way.

This is where your story starts. Maybe you are a member of the Ratgrins, indulging in whiskey, treasure, the sea, and battle, in store for one hell of an adventure. Maybe you're a British solider, bent on saving the princess for your honor. Perhaps you're a bounty hunter, looking to steal back the princess and maybe kill a couple infamous criminals for the massive reward. You could be the Princess' adoring fiance, who's been arranged to marry her from a young age. You might be the captain, maybe even the kidnapped daughter yourself.

Whoever you are, know that around these parts of town, even dead men tell tales.

A WORD FROM THE CREATOR
    Ahoy! Average here. I have some big plans for this roleplay. We'll start of with the lovely, typical pirate deal and slowly delve into the aforementioned grander adventure. The captain will eventually tell his faithful crew about his scheming, and some can choose to drop out while others can stay with him in his ludicrous, highly dangerous, more-than-likely-fatal quest. They'll face things like the cracken and sirens and mermaids and a ghost ship and freakish storms before they make it to the gates to El Dorado. One mermaid in particular will abandon her clan and join the pirates on their adventure because she and a pirate will fall in love. Once they make it, the roleplay is over- BUT, a sequel could be made about their time in El Dorado, which would be just as interesting. That one would deal with associating with the natives, somehow taking the gold, bringing it back out, as well as eventually returning the princess if she stayed that far into the story.

Basically, this roleplay will be AWESOME if we have peeps who will stick around. :) I'd love to finish this little baby of mine, and I can only do it with your help!

BACKGROUND INFO

Here's the deal: The Ratgrins have technically been around for 13 years, but the first 8, they were completely under the radar. The current captain had been recruited when he was 17 and the ship had been in exsistence for only a year at that point. 7 years after that, the ship was attacked by other, more powerful pirates. The whole crew spare the current captain and just a handful of others were all that was left. Without food, booty, or hope, they were left for dead. The five men quickly elected a new captain (It being the now 24 year old current captain) and barely made it back to land without dying. Upon arrival, the captain decided to recruit, male and female, soft and strong, experienced and brand new. In these five years of the new Captain's reign, they've quickly gained infamy for their strategical hits and ability to escape out of danger like the gods are smiling on them.

At this point in the roleplay, the young princess has just been abducted and they're still located dauntingly close to where the navy could get them. Many men died in the efforts to pull off this mission, and thus, a lot of the crew members are angry, especially because they have no idea why they were taking the princess in the first place.

In this roleplay, El Dorado is basically a city that was created thousands of years ago by people in a religious tribe. All the scraps of information the scholar would find on El Dorado will imply that El Dorado was originally a mountain made entirely of gold that the people carved into an expansive city. The entire place, from the buildings to the ground, is made literally out of gold. It is said that even their trees are made of gold, delicious fruits that act as intoxicants growing all over the place.

They also go to claim that the gods have blessed the people there, being rewarded for their ancestor's good-doing. The people apparently live infinitely longer than regular people, due to the water that runs through their city's river. This implies the prospect of the fountain of youth also being tied to this city. Everyone there is supposed to practice a holy life, conflict and sin spared from their city, warmth, beauty, and love being the biggest virtues. This is why it is so heavily guarded, obstacles meant to keep all infiltrators out so that the city may stay pure.

They will have a society similar to the Aztecs. It is said that the view of El Dorado is the most beautiful thing a man could ever see in his mortal lifetime, enough to woo any visitor into agreeing to be sacrificed to the gods- another defense device. In all reports, no one has ever gotten both in and out.

RULES
  • First of all, don't be scared or shy to talk to me. Good role plays are built through communication. If you need any help, or have any questions, I'm just a PM away! I'm a friendly internet user, don't worry. Amour is too. So don't forget to ask Amour as well.
  • Reserve a position in the OOC!
  • Once you've reserved your character, submit it here in the tabs. (If you need help, just contact me) Once it's ready, I'll review your character with you or accept you right away and then you'll be in!
  • I want the characters to be realistic but not boring. Stick to just a few traits as the core of your character, then flesh them out with other things. I also don't want duplicates, meaning that before making a character, look at the ones already made so your character can be original and a bigger contribution to the roleplay!
  • Your posts should be AT LEAST two paragraphs. I personally vary from three to eight or nine per post, depending on what's happening.
  • Be assertive! Don't just walk around campus by yourself for thirty posts waiting for someone else to talk to you, move your character's tush over to where other people are and start conversation. However, try not to crowd around. Let people have a conversation between two people, because having a group all talking to each other can get tedious. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT.
  • Dramatize it up, dawgs. Aint nothin' better than some role play drama to go with yo' mama.
  • A post every day or so is the pace I'd like. I won't harass you if you can't post for a week, but once we hit two weeks, I'll contact you to see what's up. I'm aware we all have lives.
  • You can have more than one character~
  • ENJOY YOURSELF
Last edited by Averagebear on Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: OOC || Pirate's Play: To El Dorado! || (O/A!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:22 pm

-Squee-

Average, I love you. I have to finish a post for something else, but as soon as that is done, I am writing up Siegfried.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blizzard on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Eeek Pirates. I would like to reserve the bounty hunter. Question: is the bounty hunter alone or working with the navy?
"Peace is the absence lack of war."
"I like to reserve my mouth for kissing, alcohol, and words. Not always in that order, but you get the point."
Blizzard's Music

Blizzard
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Yahoooo, Kuro~ <3 Can't wait!

Awesome, Blizzard! You could work with the navy or be an independent party. It's really up to you. However, it might get kinda lonely without other characters to interact with. I'd personally suggest joining up with the navy but, again, it's up to you. :)

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MacO'Connor15 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:06 pm

can i reserve the cook for the wandering jewel?

MacO'Connor15
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Well, it just wouldn't be right for us to have the Spiteful without her good captain now, would it. You can count me aboard Average. I'll have him up ASAP.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Certainly! :) I'll reserve it now.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Jedi! Welcome back! Why do I feel like this is some huge family reunion? :P

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm

I know exactly what you mean, Kuro! I feel the same way. It's nice. :'}

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Hooplah. -throws confetti and rice, and everything nice- I love you guys. Tinker'll be up lickity split.

EDIT: Will be editing Tinker until I'm happy. Rrrgr. Also, can I reserve his Carpenter spot?
Last edited by Yonbibuns on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Sieg is now done and done-er. Took me a while, since I'd lost his character sheet and then had to go eat dinner, but I'm done now.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aulelei on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:32 pm

I'm taking much longer than usual >_> Tweaking the info just a bit but should be up in the next hour ^_^;

Aulelei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aulelei on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:27 pm

-- disregard

Aulelei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aulelei on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:59 am

I have finished her sheet and boy am I excited :o)
I have some sleep to catch up on, goodnight to all who are still online :D
-xoxo.

Aulelei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blizzard on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:14 am

Submitted my character. I hope this goes well!

Blizzard
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Hooplah indeed, you guys!!
I am sincerely impressed by everybody's characters. Seeing their lovely profiles just gets me more excited for the roleplay. :')

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MacO'Connor15 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:55 pm

i was originally going to make mine a gypsy, but then i changed it, then i saw that my character was similar to Aulelei's so i was unbelievably mad. but i got over it and we agreed that our characters are cousins!

MacO'Connor15
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Hey Average, if you don't get anyone to play the fiancee by the time that you're otherwise ready to go, let me know and I'll do it. He's kinda important after all, plus I have a drama-licious idea for him. And that's now a word, because I said so. (^_^)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:31 pm

O_O drama-licious? what about Dramatastical? that sounds better so HA i win the new word for drama kiku! xDDD

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MacO'Connor15 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 pm

i submitted a character for master gunman, but i cant find a pic for him.

MacO'Connor15
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!