Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Do Robots Dream of Electronic Sheep?

Do Robots Dream of Electronic Sheep?

a part of “Do Robots Dream of Electronic Sheep?”, a fictional universe by Nevermore90.

A philosophical/action roleplay in which players will look into the minds of their technologically-made counterparts (Not based off the book). Any level roleplayer allowed, so long as you can keep-up. 3-5 people max [still accepting]. Be ready to fight!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Do Robots Dream of Electronic Sheep?”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Do Robots Dream of Electronic Sheep?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:22 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Do Robots Dream of Electronic Sheep?"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
If you kill Callen, I'm going to kill you, and then Quinn. My penguin army shall rise from the crumbles of the great Cookie war of Elderon IV, and rue the day you ever did displease me you will!
-psalm 3:5; Book of Nevermore

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Do Robots Dream of Electronic Sheep?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:27 pm

While I don't have time to join another roleplay at the moment, I thought I should let you know that I like your title. Someone must listen to Superchic[k]. XD
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:01 pm

A little desperate for members at the moment. Someone please join? :D

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cynique on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:34 pm

This concept seems interesting =) I should have my character up by later tonight.
A conclusion's just the part where you got tired of thinking.

Cynique
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:40 pm

Cynique: To be honest, when I saw the "....has posted in OOC: Do..." I got scared. I wasn't sure what Orange meant (now I understand what you do, and you people do a great job :D) so I didn't know if I was in trouble or not, and now I'm even more scared. 9/10 "colors" on this website RP with far more skill then I do and, to be honest, I find people with better roleplaying skills to be intimidating, but it is not fair to say "You are better then me. Leave."

In other words, I welcome you to the RP. I had no idea anyone would care about the concept, much less someone more important to the site then the rank-and-file. On the downside, I'm going to have to put a hellofa lot more thought into the plot. Thanks for taking a look and making me feel smart for having this idea :D

In other, other words: That sounds like one big suck-up, doesn't it? Aw... you aren't a moderator or anything so I doubt trying to be a suck up would really help at all...

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

i find this concept greatly interesting and i have one question. on the subject of the robots and what parts they can play? is it possible to have a 'child' robot. for like people who wants kids but dont think they could properly raise a live one? like practice children i guess?

Rule number 126: I am not allowed to Declare it official hug a slytherin day.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cynique on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Haha, great to hear you think the carrots are doing a good job. Don't worry, if you were able to create a Roleplay of quality then I trust that your ability in writing posts is just as well.

It's hard to find good science fiction style roleplays these days though, so it definitely caught my eye. If you need any help with anything just ask.

As a side note: It didn't really sound like a suck up to me but I don't think it would really help you in any way either =)

Cynique
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:40 pm

@everyone: Sorry for slow reply to the OOC. I had to fix the character Aillel. Oh, a bit of Trivia: Aillel means "Elf" in Irish Gaelic :D
@rizzyrat: Robots have been replacing EVERYTHING. There are robot farm animals (that... don't really do anything... so they are like pretend-farm animals...), robot pets (synthetics, they look like pets. They aren't usually just metal), robot soldiers, robot cups that "magically" make sure you don't spill anything. It's a SiFi that I haven't worked out to well. Think of the IROBOT movie (The book, which is NOTHING like the movie, is about a lot of great things that I might touch-at in this RP, but alas: It's not as heavily influenced ((the world, that is)) by robots as the movie)....

Ugh I'm off track. Anyway: Yes, there are "practice children." Sythetics usually don't live long, so one that actually went from Day: Zero to Day: Dead of old age would be extremely expensive. I suppose there could be a robot child that has a child's mind, which can adapt and "age," but again, life span much shorter then a human's. At best, a synthetic might live up to twenty to thirty five, but most parents like that I would expect would get a "cheap model" so they don't have to take care of it for long.

@Carrot: I'm glad that someone likes this idea. It is 20% original, 60% stolen from other places, 30% make it up as I go along because I basically said to myself, "Submit it before you feel like it is a completely bad idea." This will be the first RP that will actually go anywhere for me, I'm hoping.
Eh... it will be mostly Original. I haven't read IROBOT or "Do Androids Dream of Electronic Sheep?" in friken forever. I had this RP idea a few months ago and was trying to think-it-through before submitting.

@everyone, again: I'm going to make an addition to the RP: A section about technological advancements and what people are expected to have/not have, along with mission peramiters. Rizz: "Rob" probably wouldn't employ a robot as a "Field Operative." Too risky. That can slide if you can think of a good idea, though. Leniency is a good thing for a GM sometimes :D

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:54 pm

alright cool. i should have something up by tomorrow or late tonight. oh i have one more question, do you prefer realistic pics or do you care?

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:03 pm

To be honest? I prefer Anime. I am NOT an animaniac, and in fact I can not name any animes that I have seen that I liked and would care to see again. (Before you suggest something, Vampire Night, Naruto, and anything with Yaoi in it are all on my "Do not watch" list) I simply prefer Anime over Real because, to be honest, I don't want to know what people look like. I don't know what it is, but real pics of real people that either show a character or someone that I am RPing with just... bothers me. I can't explain it better then "FIRE! BAAAAD!!"
If you want to use a realistic pic, go ahead. I haven't found anything anime/realistic to use for Antaine... yet :D

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:09 pm

okay that actually makes it a lot easier. realistic pics are harder to find >.< but i see where your coming from with all that. realistic pics are a little strange to use in RP o.0

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:22 pm

I grew up with books that, IF they had pictures, had pictures that were drawn or CP-drawn, not something that someone actually took a picture of. Thanks for understanding :D

Eh, guys I'm sorry. At this point my Ego is saying "You got a carrot to join your RP. It's hook, line, and sinker. No one cares what you do now." so I'm just rambling randomly in all of my posts and when I edit the RP. I'm sorry if stuff stops making sense (especially the "Concerning Field Ops")... Hopefully 2marrow... dammit. I have open house 2marrow.

You didn't expect a child to be able to make an RP like this, did you? XD

Anyway, lots of back-to-school sh!t is coming up....

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:29 pm

for the robots, did you want us to use the character sheet at the bottom or did you have a different one in mind?

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Are you intending to make a robot character? Eh... include height, weight, disfurgments, and state-of-mine. Obviously something is wrong with this robot if it is helping Rob the way it is, right? You can always take the "threaten to destroy the world while being a cry-baby at heart" approach....
DAMMIT! I just had a character idea. Muggy from Fallout: New Vegas? :D
Anyway: When I have time, I'll include some more information about robots and who the "main" bad guys are. Go ahead and put up a character and we'll work on it from there. Knock yourself out. Good night :)

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:01 pm

alright. well i was planning on posting two, and a human. if that's alright. i already have the human done. if there is anything wrong or i need to change anything let me know. i swear it wont hurt my feelings ^_^ but i have the human up now. i'll work on the robot a little later tonight when i can't sleep >.< haha.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 pm

I like the character. You probably put more thought into her then I put into my own (The robot is mostly a copy-paste...). I'm assuming the robot is like her companion?
Personally, I dislike the (center) (/center) thing, but I've seen a lot worse. (Seriously; one of my friends goes "center right align" with the smallest text possible. That is NOT how text should be!) She'll be approved once I set up some of the robots/villains at the bottom of the RP page :D

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:10 pm

I hope I'm not the only one that notices the recurring Toaster themes... Anyway: If you guys ever meet someone who might like this RP, please invite them. The way this is set up, new "operatives" (characters) could be transferred to the RP's main unit. New Recruits or old veterans doesn't matter, so long as their back ground explains it all... :D

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:58 pm

well im glad you like her. ^_^ i might add to her later when i get bored. she is going to fun one. im rather fond of how she turned out. and yes the little boy robot is her companion. is there anything that needs to be added or changed?

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:24 pm

To be honest, I was really hoping that someone would have a character that would ask the obvious questions. "What's wrong with it?" "Why does it act like that?" "Why did my toaster suddenly start burning messages into my toast?"
Thanks like that.

The point of the RP, primarily, was to take a look into the mind of a robot from this RP's point of view. Each story has different robots. Some have super intelligent and life like robots, while we have a little above average Jo with deadpan emotions without special parts, like "emotion organs" for Androids.

Unfortunately, both of your characters are hot scientists. Though at first glance, especially by the caption in his synopsis, Aillel might seem like a gung-ho stereotype, he isn't. (All of my characters are like me. I choose a personality trait that isn't my strongest IRL and then amplify it. Some of my characters are hopeless romantics while others are murderous deadpans. Aillel didn't get anything that would make this job too difficult).

I do not want you guys to change your hot scientists or robot into being "dumb" or anything. They are both just as experienced, if not moreso, as Aillel in the field of understanding a robot. Maybe we can get another player or something... But suffice to say: This isn't going to turn out quite how I would have like it. You guys ever read the IROBOT book? At the end they always had a great conclusion that explained what was wrong with a robot had you not figured it out on your own. From self-superior robots like CUTIE to... eh... *whatever the "Boss Robot" was called* and his five "fingers" that couldn't ever work without supervision, there was always great insight...

But oh well. From time to time, can we take turns at admitting that our characters don't know everything and make them ask a question? :D

EDIT============================

I added a thumbnail picture to both of my characters. I know Aillel's doesn't fit his age, but image the guy in that pic a few years older with a more muscled body, the long coat, and weapons... :D
If anyone finds a better picture, please show me!!!

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Posts should be anywhere from half a paragraph to three. Please limit the one liners. You can describe a butterfly for all I care, just keep it above 1-2 sentences. Proper grammar should be observed. That and an ability to get along with your fellow RPers for a memorable and fun RP. (If your characters bicker that is different, but do not interject personal feelings against another player)

More importantly: HAVE FUN! :D

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!